Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468492 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Simplesoul1(m): 8:05am On Aug 30, 2018
Good day to you all investors

Need money on for that next big investment?

I am pleased to introduce to you Ren money Finance. We offer quick, easy and convenient consumer loans to salary earners.
>>
>> Loan ranges between N50, 000 to N6,000,000 (and above depending on salary)
>>
>> Tenor: 3 – 12 months duration.

>>  NO GUARANTORS NEEDED

>>   NO COLLATERALS NEEDED

>> Documents required are as follows

>> 1 Recent Passport Photograph
>>
>> Valid Id card (driver's license, international passport, voters card or national identity card)

>>Last 6 months bank statement

>>Utility bill

>> Work Id
>
>  Disbursement is within 24 hours of submission of required documents.
>>
>>I will be waiting to hear from you.

Regards, 
Wale Samuel O.

Consumer Lending-
Ren Money MFB

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:11am On Aug 30, 2018
janga:

Gtbank mostly credit people by 4pm so expect ur interest till then. my 91days tenor will expire today and i already bid for yesterday auction for 182days tenor! i just hope my bid will be successful
Bro,I mean my 364 TB that is supposed to mature today 30th......
Normally GTBANK credits between 2am-4am in the morning......but I'm surprised not to have been credited till now.
Do you have any TB maturing today with GTBANK.?
Why I'm worried is that the money is no more showing in my internet banking...
The 4pm you mentioned is for Debit..!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2018
Horlartunes:
Hi guys my money is still intact in my bank my money was not deducted from GTB 364 days treasure bills rate what have i done wrong? No mail nothing nothing ��� and I needed this treasure bills or can you recommend any bank that won't stress my life like GTB is doing me pass 3 treasure bills biding night help

I hope your GT bank account officer is not frustrating your efforts on purpose. From personal experience I will recommend Stanbic and from other forum members experiences First bank will also be a bank to consider. You may also want to explore the secondary market options. The rates have been better lately and you avoid risk of unsuccessful bids. The only downside is that you are restricted by the available number of days which may not be perfect for your likening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Normally GTBANK credits between 2am-4am in the morning......but I'm surprised not to have been credited till now.

yes my 91days tenor will matured today and i alao checked via their iBank and its no longer there but thats no bothering me bcz i bid 182days tenor for yesterday auction. just hoping they will debit me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2018
unite4real:

If that's how you calculate such investment, it means that same house of 5 million which will be sold for 15M after 10 years will then be about 45M in another 10 years. Bros abi babe, its not that mathematical. Living in Abuja for past 18 years, i have seen houses rise and fall seriously. A house bought for 2.2M was sold for around 8M after 10 years. The new owner sold it for 7M (after buying for 8M) after 3 years of ownership. Houses usually get to their peak on the graph and the only next option is to begin a fall.

I pay rent in a house that was sold to the Landlord for 23M in the year 2013. Recently, he put the house up for sale and the highest he got was 17M (to be paid in installment sef). He said to rather not sell instead of running at a loss.

If the transport system is improved better than presently, with all high speed rail lines criss-crossing Nigeria, and roads are repaired; i can assure you that it will further crash property prices further because living in Ibadan and working in Ikeja will be more cost effective. Living in Kaduna or Lokoja or Suleja and working in Abuja will be more cost effective. The issue of considering buying properties in high yield area will gradually balance itself out in favour of development catching up with satellite towns and adjourning cities to the cake locations.

Gbam.

People always think that properties will always appreciate. Whereas it is not true. A flat in the compound i stayed became vacant October last year. When we heard that the Landlord had put a rental price of 1m on it, we all laughed. The flat is still vacant. On Sunday, i heard a prospect being told it is 700k. People came around to inspect and none took it. When i asked the security man why they did not take, he said that the highest any of them offered was 400k. grin

When the landlord increased it last year, he said that anybody that do not want to pay should pack out and yet one flat that became vacant is still vacant and October will make it a year which is a loss of a year's rent. Imagine if about four of us had also packed out. I told my neigbour that iam not really bothered about the landlord increasing because he will soon get to a point where he can no longer increase and if he decides to still increase it after that point, i will now pack out so that he will be forced to place a lower rent on it after waiting for no rentage for several months and then i will come back to rent it at that lower price. grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:
good morning house..
Has GTBANK credited anyone today..?
This is very strange,up till now,no credit notice...!
And my statement it has been written off in my internet statement of Account...!!!

Iam also waiting for their alert on my matured TB so that i can rush to secondary market. I need money for school fees. Na FG dey fund my kids schools fees now. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2018
dejiotus:

I hope your GT bank account officer is not frustrating your efforts on purpose. From personal experience I will recommend Stanbic and from other forum members experiences First bank will also be a bank to consider. You may also want to explore the secondary market options. The rates have been better lately and you avoid risk of unsuccessful bids. The only downside is that you are restricted by the available number of days which may not be perfect for your likening.

How can I go about with secondary market how can they be approached
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

Gbam.

People always think that properties will always appreciate. Whereas it is not true. A flat in the compound i stayed became vacant October last year. When we heard that the Landlord had put a rental price of 1m on it, we all laughed. The flat is still vacant. On Sunday, i heard a prospect being told it is 700k. People came around to inspect and none took it. When i asked the security man why they did not take, he said that the highest any of them offered was 400k. grin

When the landlord increased it last year, he said that anybody that do not want to pay should pack out and yet one flat that became vacant is still vacant and October will make it a year which is a loss of a year's rent. Imagine if about four of us had also packed out. I told my neigbour that iam not really bothered about the landlord increasing because he will soon get to a point where he can no longer increase and if he decides to still increase it after that point, i will now pack out so that he will be forced to place a lower rent on it after waiting for no rentage for several months and then i will come back to rent it at that lower price. grin
bad guy . ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2018
janga:

yes my 91days tenor will matured today and i alao checked via their iBank and its no longer there but thats no bothering me bcz i bid 182days tenor for yesterday auction. just hoping they will debit me
But have you received any credit alert from GTBANK today from your matured T.B..?
I also bided yesterday for yesterday auction 364 days...!!
Naturally,our GTBANK matured TB today the 30th ought to have been credited....!!
Why the delay.?
Why was it removed from our online bank statement..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

Iam also waiting for their alert on my matured TB so that i can rush to secondary market. I need money for school fees. Na FG dey fund my kids schools fees now. grin

VERY WISE STEP. I PAY MY KIDS FEES FROM INTEREST, STOPPED DELVING INTO MY SALARY LONG AGO. CREATE ACCOUNT FOR SEVERAL PURPOSES TO MATURE WHEN REQUIRED.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

Mehn,i like your style of investment planning and analysis.....This is my intention too..
God bless you and your investments...!!
Do you have any idea why GTBANK hasn't credited us..?
This is very un-usual of them......I'm gradually loosing my mind here...!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

just got credited.....thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2018
janga:

I just got the credit notice...thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Mehn,i like your style of investment planning and analysis.....This is my intention too..
God bless you and your investments...!!
Do you have any idea why GTBANK hasn't credited us..?
This is very un-usual of them......I'm gradually loosing my mind here...!!

Alert just landed. FG does not default. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Hello guyz

What are the rates for the last auctions....biko
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

Sure..... i was just overzealous..!!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

yes they never at all unlike my cousin who borrow from me 2mill when i was 21yrs and to get the money bck resulted to fight before he started paying. but at moment we are already a Man wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

we pray so....agentina is about to default ....nigeria need good leaders oooh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
Do you mean yesterday's auction? If yes, they were included in the article.

Regards

Barrytone:

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/08/30/t-bills-yields-drop-0-20-as-cbn-sells-n207b-fresh-bills/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
Anyone with Zenith bank who has recieved credit alert..abeg cuz mine dey pend ooooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Gavrelino have u gotten ur Alert !!..Mine Landed 4am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
lancee:

Yes,but mine was a lil bit abnormal unlike before,....got mine by 11am this morning.
Previous,it doesn't exceed 4am maximum....
I was so nervous that i had to all my account officers and scolded them both angrily...!!!@
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Yes,but mine was a lil bit abnormal unlike before,....got mine by 11am this morning.
Previous,it doesn't exceed 4am maximum....
I was so nervous that i had to all my account officers and scolded them both angrily...!!!@

grin Fed govt no dey default me for now ,unlike running after two tenants wey no go wan pay house rent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 2:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
lancee:

grin Fed no dey default me for now ,unlike running after two tenants wey no go wan pay house rent
Sure,it's like TB rates are increasing gradually..
I'm planning to sell my property.......My tenants are really very frustrating me.......You mut put pressure on them before any payment is made.....They pay in bit and pieces.....!!!
Property that is worth about 20 million and i can't even generate up to 2m annual........

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CanadianEnginee(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
i went to my bank (stanbic) and was told that primary rate for 364 days is 13%. I so doubt it.
can anyone confirm this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
lancee:

4am ke?. You go queue for the bank door?. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
CanadianEnginee:
i went to my bank (stanbic) and was told that primary rate for 364 days is 13%. I so doubt it.
can anyone confirm this?
Seriously....?
Please someone should confirm this....!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
CanadianEnginee:
can anyone confirm this?

Barrytone:

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/08/30/t-bills-yields-drop-0-20-as-cbn-sells-n207b-fresh-bills/

"However, the CBN received subscriptions worth N146.07 billion from the 364-day bill, but the bank sold N145.48 billion of the paper at 13.05 percent."
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
NL1960:

"However, the CBN received subscriptions worth N146.07 billion from the 364-day bill, but the bank sold N145.48 billion of the paper at 13.05 percent."
Kindly,do you have any idea of the current 364 days rate in yesterday's auction..?

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: OgogoroFreak(m), maziemeka2024 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.