Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445397 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
creamylicious:
Which one is mmf again ooooo? People like us that can use 12 months to raise only 180k with hunger, e be like say respite don dey. Edakun, what's mmf? Maybe that would be a stepping stone to bigger things because na million million people full this TB thread since I joined

Lol...started like you oooo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creamylicious(f): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
freeman67:

Here is a link to the thread created for it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/1
thanks bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creamylicious(f): 8:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
aremso:

Lol...started like you oooo
can I be your mentee?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 3:41am On Sep 12, 2018
pxjosh:
Got 11.5% today for 128days tenor. First Bank, just 250k
sweet deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:22am On Sep 12, 2018
creamylicious:
Which one is mmf again ooooo? People like us that can use 12 months to raise only 180k with hunger, e be like say respite don dey. Edakun, what's mmf? Maybe that would be a stepping stone to bigger things because na million million people full this TB thread since I joined

This is a good amount for MMF and try to be consistent in the 12 months. Never knew about MMF. So i started with savings account and built over a long period before i delved into Treasury bills. I still have the savings account where i still put aside on a monthly basis for a targeted 12 months period. It is not easy sha with soaking garri and hunger to achieve that. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
NL1960:

This is a good amount for MMF and try to be consistent in the 12 months. Never knew about MMF. So i started with savings account and built over a long period before i delved into Treasury bills. I still have the savings account where i still put aside on a monthly basis for a targeted 12 months period. It is not easy sha with soaking garri and hunger to achieve that. grin

You might like the FGN savings bond. Do check it out if you have not.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
IHelp:

You might like the FGN savings bond. Do check it out if you have not.

Thanks but i know about FGN bonds. I only do TBs for now as it is one year. FGN bonds is 2 and 3 years. Maybe if in future, FGN bonds rate goes above TB rate, i might take a look at it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by toyad(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good afternoon house, please I have some idle funds I want to put into TB, I could not make the primary market today...can I go ahead I buy from secondary market or wait till net 2weeks...advice please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by toyad(m): 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
what is the rate for 182days on TB?...zenith bank..thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2018
toyad:
Good afternoon house, please I have some idle funds I want to put into TB, I could not make the primary market today...can I go ahead I buy from secondary market or wait till net 2weeks...advice please

yes as long as you like the secondary rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
AUCTION RESULTS FOR TODAY 12/09/2018

91 DAYS - 11%

182 DAYS - 12.3%

364 DAYS - 13.50%

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
feelamong:
91 DAYS - 11%
182 DAYS - 12.3%
364 DAYS - 13.50%
not increasing as i was expecting
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by toyad(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Just2endowed2:

yes as long as you like the secondary rate.
I don't know the rate for the secondary market...thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mfunkynation:

Really? I on the other hand am quite surprised - and pleased - with the increased rates. 365 days looks very attractive now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Any debit from Stanbic ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mfunkynation:

Crude Oil Price hit $80 todays

I however still think our rates will go higher in the coming days....The pressure on Naira is enormous now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mosky47: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
'
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
NL1960:

Iffahear grin grin
Is it not the same NL1960 I sabi in the property section.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
feelamong:

Crude Oil Price hit $80 todays

I however still think our rates will go higher in the coming days....The pressure on Naira is enormous now

I have been holding some funds for the past 3weeks in anticipation of the rates hitting 15%. , one more primary auction before I make my move.
Happy days I hope...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
feelamong:

91 DAYS - 11%

182 DAYS - 12.3%

364 DAYS - 13.50%

From 15% will be good ..Intresting dys ahead
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Kemade2007:

Most women don't have time to research because of house work and children palava but men always look for different ways to minimize their expenditure and maximize their revenue through investment because of the family expenses. So men will look at different investment that can bring more returns for him.
Lack of knowledge about investments affect so many people alot even men. Not everybody that passed through University knows about how to invest, it's a matter of research.
Like me, I'm a young woman and I learnt about TB here when researching. I started investing in TB 2016 and I introduced it to my husband and some of my friends and they all embraced it. So not that we women like buying and selling business o

This is so true .
I’ve always asked friends and family if there’s any investment I could just put my money and go to sleep. But none of these people had anything relevant to tell me .
In 2016 ,I was convinced to do MMM grin
I lost the money . Since then I’ve stayed away from anything that involves putting money online.
I even tried some offline business and investment,but it’s all bullshit . I didn’t even get back my capital . Let alone profit .
Until around late last year when I got to know about Treasury Bills, Mutual Funds ,Federal Government bonds,Commercial papers and even Nigeria Stock Exchange . I found out all this on this section .
I’ve always noticed the mutual funds thread but I was very reluctant to even open it cos I thought it was a Ponzi scheme or something.
It sounded to my ears like peer to peer funds . Lmao .
Even if na 10k I want to invest today. I know where to invest it o. grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
lancee:

From 15% will be good ..Intresting dys ahead

I think its a real possibility. Electioneering is in full gear and will increase in the coming months coupled with ember months spending . . . liquid naira will be all over the place. As feelamong noted the pressure on the naira is will increase and CBN will need to rein it in.

I believe the highs of 15% and above is a possibility

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
mosky47:
Hi everyone.
I'm grateful for this forum.
I applied for primary market (UBA), my first time purchasing TB actually.
How do I know if it went through? Is it after I get a debit on my account?
And how soon do banks usually send debit alerts?
I got an unexplained debit (although small; less than 1% of what I applied for), and I don't know if this is something significant.

Usually If successful you'll get the debit and the TB narrative in your alert (at least that's d case in the two banks I use - diamond and GTB). It normally comes in Thursday or at most Friday morning.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GetPosted: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2018
feelamong:

91 DAYS - 11%

182 DAYS - 12.3%

364 DAYS - 13.50%
Good Progress.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mosky47: 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks for this.

alezzy13:

Usually If successful you'll get the debit and the TB narrative in your alert (at least that's d case in the two banks I use - diamond and GTB). It normally comes in Thursday or at most Friday morning.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
alezzy13:

Bro have you bought Tbills from the primary market using diamond bank in recent times, just need to know coz I bank with diamond too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:25am On Sep 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2018
alezzy13:

Really? I on the other hand am quite surprised - and pleased - with the increased rates. 365 days looks very attractive now
Brother, 365 days should be sitting on top 14%,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2018
FIDELITY24:
Bro have you bought Tbills from the primary market using diamond bank in recent times, just need to know coz I bank with diamond too.
Uncle, pls kindly dont use diamond to do Tbills cos the cant offer you good rate.Either u get FBN or stanbic or GTB

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Richviewresort and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.