Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428529 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
PresidentBuhari:
I'm sure you've heard of the saying "put your money where your mouth is", Turkey and Greece share similar econolic policies and it hasn't been long Greece plunged into severe economic crisis where people that had millions in their banks were limited to withdrawing $20/day.

Greece was bailed out by New lenders and they got the economy rolling again, now the thing about the new lenders is that they have 70 percent interest in what you intend to do with their money and paying back bad debts is not an item in their list. The government coverd the debts through constant issue of bonds and never get to payout the whole capital to all their cutomers.

If you still want and meet all the criteria to invest in Turkey, it is best to go with the bare minimum Investment capital.

turkey has more future prospect of paying up it bond more than Nigeria cos it manufacture and sell to the richest concentration human (Europe)while Nigeria depend soley on crude oil with unending population .....the Turkish lira is 30 to dollar while naira is ?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
the economy is bigger and more develop and secure and industralised 100 time more than Nigeria

Lol.. not when the worlds super power is trying to wreck it overnight. You should relax till the economic battle is over
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
I received 10.25% on my 91day treasury bill this week from Zenith bank, gurus in the house, pls let know how many pct you got from other banks, thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2018
Donbrig:
I received 10.25% on my 91day treasury bill this week from Zenith bank, gurus in the house, pls let know how many pct you got from other banks, thank you.
union bank offa @ 10.5% with 101 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2018
FIDELITY24:
Bro have you bought Tbills from the primary market using diamond bank in recent times, just need to know coz I bank with diamond too.

Well tbh, I last used them about 2years when my salary account was stiil with them. Now I mostly use GTB.

However they were okay while I used them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
Donbrig:

11% GTB 91 days

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meetchandus(m): 2:52am On Sep 15, 2018
ukay2:

13%

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meetchandus(m): 3:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Please anyone with zenith 182 or 364 says rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Gurus in the house,i am a silent follower of this thread,i use standard chartered bank and found out that their rate (primary market) is better than almost all the banks mentioned here but i have not seen anybody mention them from the begining to the end of this thread. Is there any reason why you gurus don't use it? Just being curious!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yanmiri(f): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2018
What are their current rates like?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Bravedude112:
Gurus in the house,i am a silent follower of this thread,i use standard chartered bank and found out that their rate (primary market) is better than almost all the banks mentioned here but i have not seen anybody mention them from the begining to the end of this thread. Is there any reason why you gurus don't use it? Just being curious!

Great Point.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Bravedude112:

Limited branches, unheard-of in some terrain. Sounds like a wonder bank.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creamylicious(f): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2018
NL1960:

This is a good amount for MMF and try to be consistent in the 12 months. Never knew about MMF. So i started with savings account and built over a long period before i delved into Treasury bills. I still have the savings account where i still put aside on a monthly basis for a targeted 12 months period. It is not easy sha with soaking garri and hunger to achieve that. grin my brother,na make person nuh come be like bonga fish unto investments things
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Esotechng: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, kindly advice when and how to go about buying from the secondary markets.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
Esotechng:
Hello gurus in the house, kindly advice when and how to go about buying from the secondary markets.

Thanks.

Please read previous pages of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirLaw12: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
GetPosted:

How many days tenor please?
GTB has been failing to win 364 days bidding lately and I'm beginning to think it's a deliberate act of sabotage (of course, I might be wrong)
182days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SirLaw12: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Congratulations...what is the tenor and rates..?
Thanks. 182day, 12%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
Johnadelaide00:
Pls can some1 invest at a bank one does not have an account...

I'm tired of Diamond bank
nope...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
Esotechng:

Thanks.
go to your bank before 12am any day of the week.
ask and fill the form, if bills are available and buy instantly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Esotechng: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2018
RealityShot:
go to your bank before 12am any day of the week.
ask and fill the form, if bills are available and buy instantly.

Thanks for the info, God bless
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
Bravedude112:

Reason is that it's not a popular bank.. The branches are limited.. If it exist in some states in Nigeria it would only be one branch. Personally the banks I use are the banks that have branches everywhere you go. In Abuja I only know about 3 of their branches.. For other banks you can find from 8 branches upwards..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
naijaobi:

You are a small boy. And your type is not supposed to be in this thread. You are just insulting everyone like a toddler throwing tantrums.
Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NobodyKnows(m): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
Grupo:

Notice that I didn't reply him again after I realized he was just a small pikin whom the 750k he invested in TB is blowing his head. Lol.
Lol , I feel your pain bro.
How was the sit at home ?
I hope the python didn’t dance to your house ?
Lwkmd
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kamsy4God: 3:06am On Sep 16, 2018
NL1960:

From the TB 4th quarter calendar posted here, it seems there is another auction next week. I intend to use my matured Stanbic 364 days to bid for that. Will visit the bank on Monday to confirm that there is an auction.
Bro Pls confirm if there is another auction next week and share. Awaiting your reply.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 16, 2018
Thanks freeman,i'm a bit relaxed now..it got to a point when i started to feel insecure using them for tbills since no one has ever mentioned them here but you are right..not having many branches should be the main reason..also opening an account with them requires 500k upwards..
freeman67:

Reason is that it's not a popular bank.. The branches are limited.. If it exist in some states in Nigeria it would only be one branch. Personally the banks I use are the banks that have branches everywhere you go. In Abuja I only know about 3 of their branches.. For other banks you can find from 8 branches upwards..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:25am On Sep 16, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:11am On Sep 16, 2018
Bravedude112:
Thanks freeman,i'm a bit relaxed now..it got to a point when i started to feel insecure using them for tbills since no one has ever mentioned them here but you are right..not having many branches should be the main reason..also opening an account with them requires 500k upwards..

You are welcome
O boy @the bonded no be small something ooo..
As you will see from discussions on the thread, some of us hear never gather reach their minimum opening balance. I don't thing there is any course for alarm so long as you have a close branch and a way to contact if you are not close.. That's fine..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2018
Lol..no be small thing bro,i dont live in naija but contacting them is never an issue,what i do is to chat my acc relationship manager up on whatsaap,fill the tbill form.. scan and send to her through email (CC to customer care) and we are good to go..most issues is also resolved by calling their customer care or emailing them without going to the branch except when naija ATM debits you without dispensing. cool
freeman67:

You are welcome
O boy @the bonded no be small something ooo..
As you will see from discussions on the thread, some of us hear never gather reach their minimum opening balance. I don't thing there is any course for alarm so long as you have a close branch and a way to contact if you are not close.. That's fine..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2018
NL1960:

From the TB 4th quarter calendar posted here, it seems there is another auction next week. I intend to use my matured Stanbic 364 days to bid for that. Will visit the bank on Monday to confirm that there is an auction.

kamsy4God:

Bro Pls confirm if there is another auction next week and share. Awaiting your reply.

My assumption was based on the attached 4th quarter calendar. From it, iam seeing that the maturing TBs are being rollover. The maturing TBs have to be paid to investors and if the CBN does not have the ready cash to pay the investors, they will have to issue fresh or rollover existing TBs in order to pay. Will also visit my bank tomorrow to confirm as i need to re-invest my matured TB.

The gurus in the house can weigh in on this as iam a learner.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by joseph1013: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Bravedude112:
Lol..no be small thing bro,i dont live in naija but contacting them is never an issue,what i do is to chat my acc relationship manager up on whatsaap,fill the tbill form.. scan and send to her through email (CC to customer care) and we are good to go..most issues is also resolved by calling their customer care or emailing them without going to the branch except when naija ATM debits you without dispensing. cool
What are the rates for the last auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 17, 2018
13.5% standard chartered bank (primary market)
joseph1013:

What are the rates for the last auction?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: presiade(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.