Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4445156 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2018
lancee:

From 15% will be good ..Intresting dys ahead
i concour

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2018
mosky47:
Hi everyone.
I'm grateful for this forum.
I applied for primary market (UBA), my first time purchasing TB actually.
How do I know if it went through? Is it after I get a debit on my account?
And how soon do banks usually send debit alerts?
I got an unexplained debit (although small; less than 1% of what I applied for), and I don't know if this is something significant.

Tbills must bre quoted in the alert if it is for Tbills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2018
zamirikpo:

I have been holding some funds for the past 3weeks in anticipation of the rates hitting 15%. , one more primary auction before I make my move.
Happy days I hope...
hahahahah
Uncle you are shifting it like me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2018
4601CE:

Iffahear grin grin
Is it not the same NL1960 I sabi in the property section.

Even me self dey wonder if na the same. I dey suspect say na the clone of the one in property section. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2018
zamirikpo:

I have been holding some funds for the past 3weeks in anticipation of the rates hitting 15%. , one more primary auction before I make my move.
Happy days I hope...

I have a Stanbic 364 days that matured yesterday. Once the funds hit my account, i will likely wait to see the direction of rates before re-investing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2018
Mfunkynation:
hahahahah
Uncle you are shifting it like me

grin grin...trying to catch the peak.....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

I have a Stanbic 364 days that matured yesterday. Once the funds hit my account, i will likely wait to see the direction of rates before re-investing.
Matured yesterday "Wednesday"..?
Sounds strange.
I taught TB normally matures on "Thursday"..?
Kindly enlightened me on this...!
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:13am On Sep 13, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Matured yesterday "Wednesday"..?
Sounds strange.
I taught TB normally matures on "Thursday"..?
Kindly enlightened me on this...!
Thanks.

No vex. I mean matured today September 13, 2018. The alert for the matured funds just dropped now from Stanbic. Now waiting for debit from the same Stanbic for yesterday's primary market bid to know if it was successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

No vex. I mean matured today September 13, 2018. The alert for the matured funds just dropped now from Stanbic. Now waiting for debit from the same Stanbic for yesterday's primary market bid to know if it was successful.
My Oga,no problem..
I was just worried if there was something new i never knew about TB..
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

pls boss,
Is it possible to make a bid in d primary market, even though d funds/money are not readily available in d bank account ??
cos u said u made a bid in dis week primary market even though ur matured t-bills have nt been credited to ur account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ikmontana1:
pls boss,
Is it possible to make a bid in d primary market, even though d funds/money are not readily available in d bank account ??

Well it depends on the understanding u have with ur TB bank staff. I have done it several times but u must ensure that the funds hit the account latest monday before close of work, the week of the auctions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Ikmontana1:
pls boss,
cos u said u made a bid in dis week primary market even though ur matured t-bills have nt been credited to ur account.

zamirikpo:

Well it depends on the understanding u have with ur TB bank staff. I have done it several times but u must ensure that the funds hit the account latest monday before close of work, the week of the auctions.

For Stanbic, a hold is placed on your account for the amount you bidding for. So if the funds is not in your account as at when the bid is to be done, na OYO. It effectively means you did not bid.

Btw, i used my TB that matured on August 30, 2018 in GTB for my bid in Stanbic. When my new account officer was trying to play some games with me when i asked for secondary market, i did not waste time. I just move the funds sharp sharp to Stanbic as Stanbic has been my main bank for several years now. No be me one 'small' boy wen dey learn banking wan take learn.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

Even me self dey wonder if na the same. I dey suspect say na the clone of the one in property section. grin cheesy
grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

For Stanbic, a hold is placed on your account for the amount you bidding for. So if the funds is not in your account as at when the bid is to be done, na OYO. It effectively means you did not bid.

Btw, i used my TB that matured on August 30, 2018 in GTB for my bid in Stanbic. When my new account officer was trying to play some games with me when i asked for secondary market, i did not waste time. I just move the funds sharp sharp to Stanbic as Stanbic has been my main bank for several years now. No be me one 'small' boy wen dey learn banking wan take learn.

Can I request via email with Stanbic too?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
4601CE:

Can I request via email with Stanbic too?

I cannot say. My branch is close to where i work. So i normally go there to fill the form. When i was doing with GTB, i normally write a letter and drop with my account officer.

You can send a mail to their customer care email to find out if you can request via email or call your branch.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

I cannot say. My branch is close to where i work. So i normally go there to fill the form. When i was doing with GTB, i normally write a letter and drop with my account officer.

You can send a mail to their customer care email to find out if you can request via email or call your branch.
Okay thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

i hate writing a letter for Tbill investments. thats why i love FBN

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bobbyshafto: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Please, I want to ask, the bid you made at Stanbic for August 30 auction, was it successful? I submitted my bid through UBA on 27th August in preparation for 30th bid, but I didn't hear anything from the bank; only to visit them this week to be told they couldn't make any bid. I am thinking of porting. Pls, confirm if yours was successful by quoting me back, I swear, I will port to Stanbic on Monday.

Yours,

NL1960:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GetPosted: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2018
Any alert from GTBank yet?
Seems they've been consistently failing their bids lately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Bobbyshafto:

Please, I want to ask, the bid you made at Stanbic for August 30 auction, was it successful? I submitted my bid through UBA on 27th August in preparation for 30th bid, but I didn't hear anything from the bank; only to visit them this week to be told they couldn't make any bid. I am thinking of porting. Pls, confirm if yours was successful by quoting me back, I swear, I will port to Stanbic on Monday.

Yours,

I did not bid on August 30 auction. It was my GTB TB that matured on that day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
Stanbic alert.....successful 364days.....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bobbyshafto: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
Alright, thank you. I think people have started posting positive response from Stanbic.

I'll definitely port.

Thanks so much.
NL1960:

I did not bid on August 30 auction. It was my GTB TB that matured on that day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
ukay2:

so prompt, this time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2018
ukay2:

My own alert for Stanbic 364 days just landed. Looks like 13%. Make i go drink stout with some of the upfront interest. cool

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
NL1960:

My own alert for Stanbic 364 days just landed. Looks like 13%. Make i go drink stout with some of the upfront interest. cool

Enjoy......13% exactly......

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CravingChic: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
FIDELITY24:
Bro have you bought Tbills from the primary market using diamond bank in recent times, just need to know coz I bank with diamond too.

abeg flee from diamond bank, do it with stanbic or firstbank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creamylicious(f): 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
4601CE:

This is so true .
I’ve always asked friends and family if there’s any investment I could just put my money and go to sleep. But none of these people had anything relevant to tell me .
In 2016 ,I was convinced to do MMM grin
I lost the money . Since then I’ve stayed away from anything that involves putting money online.
I even tried some offline business and investment,but it’s all bullshit . I didn’t even get back my capital . Let alone profit .
Until around late last year when I got to know about Treasury Bills, Mutual Funds ,Federal Government bonds,Commercial papers and even Nigeria Stock Exchange . I found out all this on this section .
I’ve always noticed the mutual funds thread but I was very reluctant to even open it cos I thought it was a Ponzi scheme or something.
It sounded to my ears like peer to peer funds . Lmao .
Even if na 10k I want to invest today. I know where to invest it o. grin
guy with 10k....show me the way na
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Escapev: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2018
Kemade2007:

Most women don't have time to research because of house work and children palava but men always look for different ways to minimize their expenditure and maximize their revenue through investment because of the family expenses. So men will look at different investment that can bring more returns for him.
Lack of knowledge about investments affect so many people alot even men. Not everybody that passed through University knows about how to invest, it's a matter of research.
Like me, I'm a young woman and I learnt about TB here when researching. I started investing in TB 2016 and I introduced it to my husband and some of my friends and they all embraced it. So not that we women like buying and selling business o

Thank you and God bless u. I’m a Woman too Through this thread I got to know about TB. Since 2013 I haven’t looked back oh. And yes, this my new moniker I forgot my old password.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
zamirikpo:

tanx boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
[quote author=NL1960 post=71160904]

[quote]tanx boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Toyrem and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.