Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446261 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OvaSabi1(f): 9:36am On Oct 01, 2018
Donbrig:

Thank you very much. I just had a dream few days ago that I won over 50m naira in Naijabet. I will definitely invest it in treasury bills, I just wanted to be sure first, so I won't be confused on how and where to invest my funds.

This is the funniest post I have read on this thread. Thank you for the laugh and never stop dreaming sir cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 11:41am On Oct 01, 2018
Jabo1000:

That’s what I’m saying, how much is a good rate to set so that it won’t be too much and do you allow bank to bid for you?
allow the bank bid for you. They don't always do too bad from the final rates. but if you are feeling very lucky and investment savvy you can choose your own rate, but if you lose out. it means waiting for another two weeks.

Time wasted is money lost!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
MY e-family,
I am newbie but I learnt about I-Invest app. I am yet to fund my wallet as well. Do you think investing in Tbills via this platform is risk-free and secured?

Help a brother here.
lgboks:

You make use of I-invest? How much did you invest and what was the interest like, how many days?.
Already downloaded the app but am yet to invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
Sweet Independence Rate

I got 35% on a 120 days tenor from GTB today.

Isn’t that a good way to celebrate Nigeria’s independence anniversary.

You read and believed this? Chai! You too like money.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hi sir,
Are you saying its better to approach a bank to get TBills than using I-Invest app? Can you kindly shed more light on the benefits of the I-Invest app over bank?

Thanks in advance to highlighting me!
Barrytone:

The app is more like fix deposit with higher rates. But is good for offshore investors, rather than tie down money, u get interest while you wait. I just got my money back and ready for next primary market. Made about 98k for the waiting period. Better than 4% savings interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
Gokoyer0:
Hi sir,
Are you saying its better to approach a bank to get TBills than using I-Invest app? Can you kindly shed more light on the benefits of the I-Invest app over bank?

Thanks in advance to highlighting me!

Like I said earlier, I invest is cool when you are not accessible to bank because it's 100% online. You are not paid upfront, you can't compound your interest. You can easily move funds in and out of the platform but if you miss your ID then your funds will be hanging till you sort it out and that takes weeks or more. Others can help out with more uniqueness of I invest, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
lgboks:

You make use of I-invest? How much did you invest and what was the interest like, how many days?.
Already downloaded the app but am yet to invest

3 transactions of 2.5m, .5m and 2.25m. Last one was 44days and can't remember others but all matured on the 27th of September, the day I got back to town.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
Not secure pls beware house
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jabo1000: 7:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

allow the bank bid for you. They don't always do too bad from the final rates. but if you are feeling very lucky and investment savvy you can choose your own rate, but if you lose out. it means waiting for another two weeks.

Time wasted is money lost!
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good evening house. Who knows if UBA allows primary market auction (The one where the bank bids for you)

If yes, what is the minimum amount that must be invested?

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donvitalis(m): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good evening.
My bid with First Bank two weeks ago for 364 days failed and I was refunded. However, my account was debited of the same principal and tenor on the Friday presumably for this week's bid. It was however done without my authorisation. Has anyone witnessed such? Is this right?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samuelojonla123(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good evening house, am new here though I just heard of treasury bills recently but I don't know how it works please can someone explain to me fully about how I can invest on it because am having #500,000 with me presently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sgjonathan: 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
4601CE:

Yes Of course . I just tell them the amount I want to invest and the tenor .
I don’t have 50 million naira .
I assume you do , you can bid at any rate you want and then wait and see if your bidding is successful or not .
You may want to use the previous rates to guess too.
Hello, Please i am new to this TB thingy. Any suggestions and tips for newbies? Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
Samuelojonla123:
Good evening house, am new here though I just heard of treasury bills recently but I don't know how it works please can someone explain to me fully about how I can invest on it because am having #500,000 with me presently.
start reading from page 1 of the thread.. All your answers lie therein.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
Samuelojonla123:

sgjonathan:

Hello, Please i am new to this TB thingy. Any suggestions and tips for newbies? Thank you.

Read previous posts. It will help you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donvitalis(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
Donvitalis:
Good evening.
My bid with First Bank two weeks ago for 364 days failed and I was refunded. However, my account was debited of the same principal and tenor on the Friday presumably for this week's bid. It was however done without my authorisation. Has anyone witnessed such? Is this right?

I need help on this, please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lgboks(m): 12:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Gokoyer0:
MY e-family,
I am newbie but I learnt about I-Invest app. I am yet to fund my wallet as well. Do you think investing in Tbills via this platform is risk-free and secured?

Help a brother here.
From all indication and user experiences, yeah its safe.
Am yet to try it out.... Hopefully later this month.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2018
Please, is there going to be an auction tomorrow and can someone fill the form today since yesterday was public holiday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samuelojonla123(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Please everyone I just downloaded the I invest app and am about to invest #500,000 on it but I don't know if it is safe. Please I. Need your advice guys
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2018
Ok, thank you.
Barrytone:

Like I said earlier, I invest is cool when you are not accessible to bank because it's 100% online. You are not paid upfront, you can't compound your interest. You can easily move funds in and out of the platform but if you miss your ID then your funds will be hanging till you sort it out and that takes weeks or more. Others can help out with more uniqueness of I invest, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2018
First Bank is still open for tomorrow bid. Just did mine. Can we predict 364 days rate. I go for 13.2%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gift01: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2018
Barrytone:
First Bank is still open for tomorrow bid. Just did mine. Can we predict 364 days rate. I go for 13.2%.
12.9%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2018
Samuelojonla123:
Please everyone I just downloaded the I invest app and am about to invest #500,000 on it but I don't know if it is safe. Please I. Need your advice guys

This is my personal experience.
I've used the app since May. They actually compound your money and pay you your interest at maturity. It is fully backed by Sterling bank.
If you fund your account and indicate your ID number you can invest that same day but if you forgot to include your ID number then send them an email and it will be resolved within 48hours. You can actually buy TB from them on public holidays and weekends.
The only draw backs I have noticed so far is that if you terminate your investment before maturity you will lose 30% of the accrued interest and you need a minimum of 30 days after an investment to be able to terminate it.
I've keep quiet since because I felt the owners of the app were not doing enough advert for the app but they are doing so now on nairametrics.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Samuelojonla123(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Desanta:

I've used the app since May. They actually compound your money and pay you your interest at maturity. It is fully backed by Sterling bank.
If you fund your account and indicate your ID number you can invest that same day but if you forgot to include your ID number then send them an email and it will be resolved within 48hours. You can actually buy TB from them on public holidays and weekends.
The only draw backs I have noticed so far is that if you terminate your investment before maturity you will lose 30% of the accrued interest and you need a minimum of 30 days after an investment to be able to terminate it.
I've keep quiet since because I felt the owners of the app were not doing enough advert for the app but they are doing so now on nairametrics.
thanks bro I for your assistance. I will invest in it today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Desanta:

My experience was a personal one, am speaking for myself. I transferred from first bank and it took me over 3 weeks to get the money back. No interest for 3 weeks was huge. At a point I was feeling duped. My bank said they can do less as the money has delivered to the destination and I invest keep saying they cant trace the money. I only got my money when I got back and ask my bank to retrieve the fund and the request was lunch that I invest deem it fit to give me a call and apologize and promised to give interest for the period which they never did. On compounding of interest, how do they do it when you are paid interest daily. Help me explain the compounding interest. Like I said, I will only use it when I can't access my bank physically.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Distribusiness(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
How To Grow Your Money In 90 Days From Investment In Fixed Deposit

https://investment4business..com/2018/08/investment-in-fixed-deposit.html

feelamong:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1354359_NTB_jpg9d4cae535bd0bde1399af69caf610bc5

Treasury Bills! Why It Is The Best Investment For Now:

A lot of people have been asking for some time what Tbills are all about and where they could buy the bills from,

This thread is dedicated for all issues related to Treasury Bills, their going rates, when Auctions are due and why they should be bought,

I am not a Finance person, am just a trader who was lucky to work in one financial insitution years back so I might not be the best person to answer questions on this as they come, But am sure we have a lot of financial gurus with CFAs in this Forum and all our questions would be answered,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Distribusiness(m): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
How To Make Millions In 30 Days Investing In Treasury Bills In Nigeria

https://investment4business..com/2018/08/investing-in-treasury-bills-in-nigeria.html

Barrytone:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
Distribusiness:

How To Make Millions In 30 Days Investing In Treasury Bills In Nigeria

https://investment4business..com/2018/08/investing-in-treasury-bills-in-nigeria.html

Who is this mad man?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2018

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CooleasyScammer: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2018
Moses247:
Good evening fellas. I bought T. B of 1.3m yesterday at first bank for 303days at the rate of 11%, but what I don't understand is this. 117k was credited to Me as interest?? I was thinking of 130k or so? Abeg someone should make me understand Thank u
grin
You mean after scamming people through your genexpayments and encocoin XNK, you ran to treasury bills?

Tell us more Mr man!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2018
Yes, I had invested with some amount money yesterday. I think its really cool platform to make more money instead of letting cash lay fallow in savings acct with 4% interest rate. But according to what @Barrytone said, there is no compound interest in this, you will only get an interest on a daily basis.

I have a question though. How can I ask my bank officer to let my Tbills be running on a compound interest rate?

lgboks:

From all indication and user experiences, yeah its safe.
Am yet to try it out.... Hopefully later this month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2018
Hi Bro and e-family,

Please, can you shed more light on the bidding process, the dos and donts and what are the options with their respective benefits? Should I just approach my bank account officer? I just dont want them to dupe me, hence I want to arm myself with necessary info beforehand.

I am using Zenith bank though.

Thanks for your reply in advance
Barrytone:

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.