Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447265 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

The later, please. In fact 144 984.55 naira. Ah don't understand
u want 1.4 m ? Then u need 55 m naira

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
elothaddi:
Enjoy your interest, request for your certificate and you will get your principal back after 91 days. Meanwhile, it seems you were given a rate of 10.5% which is still ok and not ok lol.

Not just okay. Just not ok

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

Thanks for prompt response. The interest alert is 144 984.55 naira. I don't get how 10.57% of 5.5 million is meagre 100k.
It is for 91days not 365 days

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

The later, please. In fact 144 984.55 naira. Ah don't understand
ur figute is confusing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
u want 1.4 m ? Then u need 55 m naira
shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mfunkynation:
ur figute is confusing
Sorry. 144 984 naira 55kobo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

Sorry. 144 984 naira 55kobo
you should have gone for longer tenor to get big interest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Yem0350:

It is for 91days not 365 days
Yes. This is my first Tbills investment, I should have known
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shyee:

Yes. This is my first Tbills investment, I should have known
you should have ask question
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mfunkynation:
you should have gone for longer tenor to get big interest
Noted with thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
Apitch:
Stanbic use me dey play. Was debited this evening. 13.1 sure pass

una own good oo. I was also debited this evening and from calculations its about 12.96% for 365 days. though i guess gtb was trying to play safe, but cant help but feel rather dissapointed. sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:54am On Oct 05, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by armstead: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2018
Nnamz:

I never walked into a bank to open any of my 4 accounts. With technology in this 21st century, you don't need to be around to open an account, or even do treasury bills. Same goes that I've never walked into a bank to do treasury bills. In fact, long story short, I don't live in Nigeria and that's not a hindrance for me. In fact I wouldn't waste my precious time going to banks even if I did live in Nigeria.

Please how do you do this? Kindly advise as i’m Also not in Nigeria but have a stanbic account with some fund.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2018
First Bank was 13.1% for last primary bid and was successful. Please is the commission, custody and transaction fees gotten from interest or capital? Can we commence analysing and predicting rates for folks determining their rates. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
By now, rates for treasury bills should be above 13.5% particularly for 364days where it has peached for some time now, no thanks to the Banks(PDMM), who has in recent times bided low for fear of losing their bids.

It seems to me that CBN is using the two Tb’s market to play down the rates; they in recent times use the Primary market to beat down the rate observing the liquidity levels, then come in through the OMO (Secondary market) to mop up the excess liquidity at their idea rates which must have being their CAP.

All in all it is the banks(PDMM’s) that can help to force them to push up this rates if they drastically reduce their demands.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
yinkaoke:
By now, rates for treasury bills should be above 13.5% particularly for 364days where it has peached for some time now, no thanks to the Banks(PDMM), who has in recent times bided low for fear of losing their bids.

It seems to me that CBN is using the two Tb’s market to play down the rates; they in recent times use the Primary market to beat down the rate observing the liquidity levels, then come in through the OMO (Secondary market) to mop up the excess liquidity at their idea rates which must have being their CAP.

All in all it is the banks(PDMM’s) that can help to force them to push up this rates if they drastically reduce their demands.

Demand and supply: when the demand is always 200% above what is in supply, rate will always get down. Remember they are still getting cheaper rates from foreign bonds.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
Good day great investors in the house,
I bid for 182 days treasury bills with stanbic bank on 3rd October 2018 nd to my surprise I was told by stanbic that all their 182 days bid wasn't successful at d last auction. please, someone should confirm dis claim for me if truly stanbic 182 wasn't successful because am thinking dey r trying to lure me into their secondary market which the rate has not been confirmed by now. did any fellow got a 182 days successful bid with stanbic at the last auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2018
Akerewe:
Good day great investors in the house,
I bid for 182 days treasury bills with stanbic bank on 3rd October 2018 nd to my surprise I was told by stanbic that all their 182 days bid wasn't successful at d last auction. please, someone should confirm dis claim for me if truly stanbic 182 wasn't successful because am thinking dey r trying to lure me into their secondary market which the rate has not been confirmed by now. did any fellow got a 182 days successful bid with stanbic at the last auction?
try and see their secondary market beforebu complain..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Mfunkynation:
try and see their secondary market beforebu complain..
ok thanks a lot. others are still free to advise on the subject matter.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
Shyee:

Not just okay.

Notjustokay.com tongue
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2018
armstead:

Please how do you do this? Kindly advise as i’m Also not in Nigeria but have a stanbic account with some fund.

I can't speak for StanBic cause I've never done Treasury Bills with them. I do mine with GTB. How I do tbs is, I send a very short letter to my account manager, addressing it to GTB but authorizing my account manager to debit my account the amount I want. I do this the Monday before the bid (primary market). That's all. Just remember to state the tenor you want. If you don't the bank would go with the default tenor of 91 days. It happened to me last month.

Feel free to ask me for any clarity.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nnamz:

Notjustokay.com tongue
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nnamz:

I can't speak for StanBic cause I've never done Treasury Bills with them. I do mine with GTB. How I do tbs is, I send a very short letter to my account manager, addressing it to GTB but authorizing my account manager to debit my account the amount I want. I do this the Monday before the bid (primary market). That's all. Just remember to state the tenor you want. If you don't the bank would go with the default tenor of 91 days. It happened to me last month.

Feel free to ask me for any clarity.

Cheers.
what u r doing is called email-indemnity nd its risky as u can loose claims if an intruder used ur account for dubious transactions

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
Akerewe:
what u r doing is called email-indemnity nd its risky as u can loose claims if an intruder used ur account for dubious transactions

Even breathing is risky but that doesn't stop you from breathing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2018
Nnamz:

Even breathing is risky but that doesn't stop you from breathing.
there notting risky there all transaction happen with the accounts....even your application submitted in the bank can be forge .....tb is not done in branch but hq
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please, Is it possible for different branches, but same bank, to have different rates on treasury bills with same tenures?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drcynthia(f): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
Donbrig:
Please, Is it possible for different branches, but same bank, to have different rates on treasury bills with same tenures?

I doubt....because usually, it's HQ that handles TBILLS. I may be wrong sha o. If at all, maybe secondary market...but definitely not primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mimini: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please why do people prefer T-bill of 365 days instead of 91 days, when the interest difference is small? Is it not better to get an interest of 10% for 91 days and re-invest it again for at least 3 times in a year and get 10% times 3 in a year? Please someone should explain better. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2018
Interest rates are usually calculated per Annum.

That means 10% you get for 91 days is relative to 364 days(Annum).

Hence shorter tenors means lower net earning.

mimini:
Please why do people prefer T-bill of 365 days instead of 91 days, when the interest difference is small? Is it not better to get an interest of 10% for 91 days and re-invest it again for at least 3 times in a year and get 10% times 3 in a year? Please someone should explain better. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:35am On Oct 06, 2018
Etfash:
Firstbank: 12.889% /364 days
FBN told me that their last Tbills primary market stop rate were
182 days @ 11.80% and 364 days @ 13.10%
Who should i believe?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 7years: 2:58am On Oct 06, 2018
Please everyone a quick question
Let's assume I invest 10m for 364 days @13%
how much will I get as interest?
PS; am new to this just this answer and I'll be fine.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:12am On Oct 06, 2018
7years:
Please everyone a quick question
Let's assume I invest 10m for 364 days @13%
how much will I get as interest?
PS; am new to this just this answer and I'll be fine.

Your kudi will be 1.3m

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.