Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447652 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
alezzy13:

That's true. But I guess that's why there arw limited instructions you can give via email, and its basically those that can't be done through the more secure online banking. For instance GTB will never honor an email request for funds transfer.

I use GTB. And I think it's quite secured. The first time I did tb request by mail as suggested by someone on this platform. They honoured my request and afterwards restricted my account . It took a call to the customer care, answering few questions on my account and I finally sent them a scanned copy of my international passport for them to remove the restrictions. By the following day in the Morning my account was back to normal . But I felt some sort of security that the did what dey did.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2018
alezzy13:

That's true. But I guess that's why there arw limited instructions you can give via email, and its basically those that can't be done through the more secure online banking. For instance GTB will never honor an email request for funds transfer.

I always send my TB instructions by to all the banks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by irookie(m): 9:03am On Oct 09, 2018
sherif4owo:

I always send my TB instructions by mail to all the banks.

Including STANBIC IBTC??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 9:27am On Oct 09, 2018
yes

irookie:

Including STANBIC IBTC??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
sherif4owo:

I always send my TB instructions by to all the banks.

If secondary market, how do you know the rates available
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2018
First Bank : 359 days for 12.8 days

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sherif4owo(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2018
Barrytone:

If secondary market, how do you know the rates available

Send a mail to request for rate. it changes often so you have to request for it and respond before 11am-12
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jemypeters: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=alterswerve post=71823013][/quote]

have you guys tried investment banks... they offer fairly better rates than the federal government... you get your interest upfront too.. the 5million my uncle did last week for 180days was done on 15.5% interest PA and he got his upfront same day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jemypeters: 10:51am On Oct 09, 2018
alterswerve:

(Principal * Rate * Time)/100

(10 million * 10 * 91)/(100 *364)

Simple Interest = 250 000
Total = 250 000 + 10 million

have you tried investment banks... they offer fairly better rates than the federal government... you get your interest upfront too.. the 5million my uncle did last week for 180days was done on 15.5% interest PA and he got his upfront same day.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pafra(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2018
jemypeters:

have you guys tried investment banks... they offer fairly better rates than the federal government... you get your interest upfront too.. the 5million my uncle did last week for 180days was done on 15.5% interest PA and he got his upfront same day.

Which investment bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2018
grin ..Tbills still the best with no HBP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Barrytone:
Can we have today's rate for different banks, preferably zenith, first and stanbic for rates above 300 days

Secondary market rates for Stanbic on 9 October 2018.
To mature on 3 Oct 2019; 359 days @ 12.75%.

To mature on 10 Jan 2019; 11.73% for 93 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jemypeters: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
lancee:
grin ..Tbills still the best with no HBP

nope not really...there are some stress-free and far better interest rate investment banks regulated by CBN.... @least the one of my uncle is sure and has bin doing fine... their rates are fairly better and investments beyond 500,000 are non taxed @all. not evn hidden charges...... the company is UT FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD. look it up 1st

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jemypeters: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
pafra:

Which investment bank?

UT FINANCIAL SERVICES... look it up and when you done, i can give you his account officer's number to call and find out more or ask more pertinent questions
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
jemypeters:

nope not really...there are some stress-free and far better interest rate investment banks regulated by CBN.... @least the one of my uncle is sure and has bin doing fine... their rates are fairly better and investments beyond 500,000 are non taxed @all. not evn hidden charges...... the company is UT FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD. look it up 1st

Thanks for the info sir ..I Think at the moment am satisfied with the rates of Cbn ..we have not heard of any default with the FG of Nigeria even when oil dey 30$ per barrel ..For now i dey with FGN No need for me to check their name online
Once again Thanks sir

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
jemypeters:

UT FINANCIAL SERVICES... look it up and when you done, i can give you his account officer's number to call and find out more or ask more pertinent questions
Monkey hunting.....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
lancee:

Thanks for the info sir ..I Think at the moment am satisfied with the rates of Cbn ..we have not heard of any default with the FG of Nigeria even when oil dey 30$ per barrel ..For now i dey with FGN No need for me to check their name online
Once again Thanks sir
LOL !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Escapev: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2018
jemypeters:

Yinmu! My uncle this, uncle that. This is treasury bill thread. You may as well open another thread for d one you believe in.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tabuse20: 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
jemypeters:

An investment bank is called UT financial services? Guy, take it easy. As the previous commenter said, this is a treasury bill thread. Take your "uncle" and his "wonder investment bank" elsewhere.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2018
And Old friend of mine has been pitching me with ARM TB, saying they pay higher than CBN rate. And I Laugh,

TB is managed by DMO, an arm of CBN,
So how come you would pay higher than CBN ?
I don't understand. Have not even bothered for explanations.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2018
amjustme2:
And Old friend of mine has been pitching me with ARM TB, saying they pay higher than CBN rate. And I Laugh,

TB is managed by DMO, an arm of CBN,
So how come you would pay higher than CBN ?
I don't understand. Have not even bothered for explanations.

Any thing can be called TB.....the one I know is under CBN

In other matters pls I need confirmation that auctions would hold on the 17th of October.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2018
Pls who knows GT bank secondary rate as at yesterday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2018
dammy222:
kindly look for todays rate... cos rates changing if there are buyers
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2018
Sometimes it's good to remind ourselves that TBills isn't the only investment option out there, and the common deposit money banks (e.g. GTB, Stanbic, etc) aren't the only licensed and regulated investment-/banks in the country. There are several investment banks and over 500 microfinance banks offering similar services in Nigeria and some of them even give loans at better interest rates with no bottleneck.

As a matter of fact, TBills isn't even the core business of a deposit money bank like GTB or Stanbic Bank. It is the core duty of Investment centres such as ARM, Mansard, VFD, etc. Many big investors don't do deposit money banks as many of them don't have the time to fill forms in the conventional banks. They go to where they're well respected and given due and quality attention - and that's what many investment centres stand for. Do I need to mention that some of these investment centres pay their staff more than what staffs of conventional banks earn?

If we must criticize, at least let's do it with an open mind. The common belief here is that Stanbic offers the best TBill services; some even hold on to this belief to the extent they don't believe other deposit money banks offer similar or better services.

I was criticized on this thread sometime ago for mentioning my experience with Sterling bank. Today, the same Sterling bank came up with the i-Invest app while the likes of Stanbic and Firstbank are still in existence.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2018
^^^^^^
This is Nigeria.
When it comes to investment, most people tend to go where they believe there fund is secured.
The banks are regulated more than most of this investment houses. That is why most people tend to trust them more.
There is no doubt when there is issue with your fund, a well known company will act fast to protect their integrity more than this unpopular .....
How about being able to locate a close branch when you are having a challenge that can't be resolved through phone/email.
.......... to be continued

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
good day great investors in d house. stanbic ban has denied me primary market auctions twice now since last month by playing drama for nd calling me on phone to apologize all d time. I later went to Access bank for tb but I was told dey don't deal in primary market nd also their interest is paid at maturity. kindly share ur wealth of experience with me as regards tb with access bank secondary market.
god bless u all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2018
dammy222:

Did 165 days @ 11.75%

There was ..93 days @ 11.00
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2018
lancee:

Did 165 days @ 11.75%

There was ..93 days @ 11.00
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2018
Mfunkynation:
kindly look for todays rate... cos rates changing if there are buyers
I mentioned yesterday because as at the time I asked I felt it will be too early in the day to know today's rate. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Akerewe:
good day great investors in d house. stanbic ban has denied me primary market auctions twice now since last month by playing drama for nd calling me on phone to apologize all d time. I later went to Access bank for tb but I was told dey don't deal in primary market nd also their interest is paid at maturity. kindly share ur wealth of experience with me as regards tb with access bank secondary market.
god bless u all.
leave access bank,try fbn or gtb or stanbic

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.