Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443430 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
Agbaletu:

I think if you have above 50m Naira cash, you can be called a millionaire in Nigeria.
As for me o, you need to have above 100m Naira cash aside your asset.
The acceptable figure is minimum of 1m$ which is about 360m Naira+
Few millionaires would have that amount in cash, except politicians. 50m maybe but 100m, why keep such money when you can send it on errand(s)
Running cost is excluded o

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Apitch:

Few millionaires would have that amount in cash, except politicians. 50m maybe but 100m, why keep such money when you can send it on errand(s)
Running cost is excluded o
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deardevil(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
Have been following this tread for a while now and hoping i get more light on treasure bills..... but my question is how do I start and I plan to invest 250,000 and what my earning interesting
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2018
And you said you have been following this thread?

deardevil:
Have been following this tread for a while now and hoping i get more light on treasure bills..... but my question is how do I start and I plan to invest 250,000 and what my earning interesting

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2018
deardevil:

Ok Sir, JJC just like me. Walk to your bank, tell them your mission. They will surely put you tru, returns on your money depend on the prevailing rate at that time. Eg i was at stanbic today and rate for 16days is 11.75%, 114days, 12.15% and 359 days is 12.80% these are for secondary market. please find attached tb calculator so as not to disturb your brain in calculating the interest

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
ok, thanks for ur clarification pple who got their TB from stanbic bank last week 16th October secondary marke should also clarify if their tb certificate is ready
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 7:09am On Oct 24, 2018
ICYMI:
NTB CBN stop rate for last Auction are :
91 days @ 10.85%.

182 days @ 12%.

364 days @ 13%.

why is the rate going down instead of upward trend?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:41am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:05am On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 11:56am On Oct 25, 2018
aremso:

Thank You very much BOSS, i truly love your stand on this particular question i want to back up your point by saying every Nigerians who DESIRED to be a Millionaire can be As you have stated above, one must have a very high level of financial discipline which majority of Nigerian lacks, we want to eat our cake and at the same time have it in our hands. Jesus says the poor will always be with you but me i want to be among the rich and i believe if one has the desired to be rich legitimately, one would go extra mile to achieve such even as salary earner no matter the amount, one can be a millionaire. Is matter of mind set, one also need to read much about maintaining that status when one gets there. i could remember about 10yrs ago, i was saving my small small money then invest in tb wit returns of 14k on those hard earned saved money, i also diversified into stocks then but i was determined and focused and Thank God today, i can do TB of 10m but still eyeing 20m by next yr GOD helping me. Majority are ruining rat race today cos of financial indiscipline. Today i dont need to use my housing allawe to pay house rent, dividend from my stocks does that for me, TB can pay my child school fees and i invest my housing allawe in return to get more money. Every one who desires to be a millionaire legitimately can be if he/she work towards it and have very high level of financial discipline
God bless you sir for this comment. you are absolutely right. just 3years ago I couldn't boast of a million naira. was busy buying the latest hairs and designers clothings in town but ever since I started following this thread silently, my life has turned around that I couldn't believe it myself. It's all about discipline.
please I would like to learn about stocks too. I've been following the thread too for some time but I still can't understand it. if you can put me through some certain things. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
MssRose:

God bless you sir for this comment. you are absolutely right. just 3years ago I couldn't boast of a million naira. was busy buying the latest hairs and designers clothings in town but ever since I started following this thread silently, my life has turned around that I couldn't believe it myself. It's all about discipline.
please I would like to learn about stocks too. I've been following the thread too for some time but I still can't understand it. if you can put me through some certain things. Thanks
Me too.
I follow the thread everyday, still i can't make anything out of it.
I want to test the waters with 500k - 1m.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2018
Agbaletu:

Me too.
but underprice stock then sell after election ....when the fdi are back
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
but underprice stock then sell after election ....when the fdi are back
pls list the underprice stocks... am into stock trading too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
MssRose:

My Oga madam ma, please i dont tell anyone stocks to buy except my household and followers that loves risk taking like me and as such, i will not tell any one to buy which stock. But go and read the richest man in Babylon, there was a mistake the guy made there which i want you to read yourself before you commit your fund. I read a lot before committing my money into any investment cos of previous experience. When you are done reading then you will climb the next step.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Agbaletu:

Me too.

Please Sir, dont commit your money until you understand the terrain!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2018
aremso:

Please Sir, dont commit your money until you understand the terrain!
Much appreciated!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hias2012(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
MssRose:

If you love stocks but don't understand the terrain, the best bet for you is to invest in equity based mutual fund. Equity fund are mutual funds invested heavily on stocks, and done on behalf of individuals by professionals. That way you will not lose your money easily like you stand the risk to because what you have just so done is entrusting management of your stock/portfolio in the hands of professionals. They understand the market much more than most individual stock investors. Many direct stock investors got burnt in 2008 and have never recovered since then. Check out portfolios of different managers of equity based mutual fund, Eg StanbicIBTC, ARM, AXA, etc. A host of others exists. Put your money there and go to sleep. Secondly, note that stock investment is a long term investment. It is not like treasury bills or Money Market Fund that you know before hand the interest you are likely to get, and monitored on a daily basis in the case of MMF. Happy investing.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
aremso:

My Oga madam ma, please i dont tell anyone stocks to buy except my household and followers that loves risk taking like me and as such, i will not tell any one to buy which stock. But go and read the richest man in Babylon, there was a mistake the guy made there which i want you to read yourself before you commit your fund. I read a lot before committing my money into any investment cos of previous experience. When you are done reading then you will climb the next step.

Well said, reading good books about finance is the main key. Investing in stocks in Nigeria is not easy at all, those stock broking firms always speak language ordinary novice will not understand. Moreover, most of the companies in Nigeria are never honest with their profits. Nigerian Stock Market is still regarded as a legal fraud. Most of us still prefer treasury bills, because we can see things in black and white and even argue our way into it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BetterWorld100: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
We are leasing an office space at Agadez, off Aminu Kano Crescent for N 1.6 million, it is negotiable. Any referral will be rewarded. Call 08020889369
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hi guys,

I noticed a few members made posts about being interested in the stock market but not understanding it and also not being able to follow the discussion in the thread on stock investing.

The truth is stock investigating requires a certain level of financial literacy higher than what is required to invest in TBills and the ability to analyse companies and their annual reports.

If you do not have these skills the probability that at you would lose your investment is very high. However if you are interested in investing some time to do some reading and studying I can post the links to 2 very good, easy to read books that explains how the stock market works and also how to analyse company results. They are written in a way that even if you do not have a background in finance or accounts you will understand the books easily.

However as this is not a stock market thread, the house will have to permit me to go ahead to post the links here. The material is free.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
Donbrig:

Well said, reading good books about finance is the main key. Investing in stocks in Nigeria is not easy at all, those stock broking firms always speak language ordinary novice will not understand. Moreover, most of the companies in Nigeria are never honest with their profits. Nigerian Stock Market is still regarded as a legal fraud. Most of us still prefer treasury bills, because we can see things in black and white and even argue our way into it.

Absolutely Sir! one must play safe

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good day house,
pls what is d different between secondary market and primary market treasury bills certificate? swift clarification will be highly appreciated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
Akerewe:
Good day house,
pls what is d different between secondary market and primary market treasury bills certificate? swift clarification will be highly appreciated.

Honestly speaking, this question truly shows how much Nigerians detest reading. Reading just three to four pages in this forum will answer your question, because this question is the most discussed topic since this thread began.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2018
aremso:

Thanks a lot sir. I will stick with my tbills and mutual funds please. B4 one loses the small change one has gathered
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
Akerewe:
professional advice needed! !! since last week Tuesday after my successful tb purchase of 122days with stanbic bank I av not receive any notifications on my tb certificate nd av even called them times without number I was told its not yet ready. left to me I dint think it's important to collect since dey charge a commission for safekeeping. whats is d legal adverse effect of leaving my tb certificate with dem?
there is no effect.. except u intend to transfer the instrument to a third party in the future..u might nva need it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Infinitisi:
Hi guys,

I noticed a few members made posts about being interested in the stock market but not understanding it and also not being able to follow the discussion in the thread on stock investing.

The truth is stock investigating requires a certain level of financial literacy higher than what is required to invest in TBills and the ability to analyse companies and their annual reports.

If you do not have these skills the probability that at you would lose your investment is very high. However if you are interested in investing some time to do some reading and studying I can post the links to 2 very good, easy to read books that explains how the stock market works and also how to analyse company results. They are written in a way that even if you do not have a background in finance or accounts you will understand the books easily.

However as this is not a stock market thread, the house will have to permit me to go ahead to post the links here. The material is free.

Please post the link sir.
Meanwhile, house kindly oblige; just this once.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Please someone should help me understand this platform. Seems Sterling bank is the new ponzi scheme in town.

https://www.doubble.ng/#/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
Acidosis:

Please someone should me understand this platform. Seems Sterling bank is the new ponzi scheme in town.

how strong is sterling bank to be able to pay out this money for 6, 15 yrs interval
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
Please who knows stanbic and gtb secondary rates as at today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mfunkynation:

how strong is sterling bank to be able to pay out this money for 6, 15 yrs interval

My fear exactly. Not sure I can trust any bank with my funds for 15 years. Not even CBN.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 9:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Acidosis:

Please someone should help me understand this platform. Seems Sterling bank is the new ponzi scheme in town.

Mfunkynation:

If you do monthly TB, you would know that the bank can do it if they invest your money in any govt security of 10%.
You can achieve more if you do it yourself
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chudymario: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2018
Infinitisi:
Hi guys,

Pls post the links; will really be helpful. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.