Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443547 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 26, 2018
WARNING!! FGN Tbills is addictive, The more you do it the more you want to do it even more. Those who are doing it with a lump sum will understand what i mean cool cool cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 7:03am On Oct 26, 2018
Bravedude112:
WARNING!! FGN Tbills is addictive, The more you do it the more you want to do it even more. Those who are doing it with a lump sum will understand what i mean cool cool cool

AddiCtive Very very addictive.. You won't want to stop. But eat can be done Just continue lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qizick: 10:21am On Oct 26, 2018
I hv 20days to maturity I want to terminate it but was advised not to cos of high intrest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LuzSp: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2018
Acidosis:

Please someone should help me understand this platform. Seems Sterling bank is the new ponzi scheme in town.

https://www.doubble.ng/#/

The way I see this, the contributor makes payment every month for 3 or 5 years (depending on the investment plan chosen) without getting anything in return. The bank then begins paying the receivable sum (which has interest already factored in) to the recipient from the 4th or 6th year (of course, depending on the investment plan chosen).
The Doubble Lump Sum plan is different in only one area - total contribution is made one time instead of monthly. Still payout will only begin in the 6th year.

I cannot bear to send money somewhere and not get anything in return within a year, talk more of 3 or 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2018
LuzSp:

The way I see this, the contributor makes payment every month for 3 or 5 years (depending on the investment plan chosen) without getting anything in return. The bank then begins paying the receivable sum (which has interest already factored in) to the recipient from the 4th or 6th year (of course, depending on the investment plan chosen).
The Doubble Lump Sum plan is different in only one area - total contribution is made one time instead of monthly. Still payout will only begin in the 6th year.

I cannot bear to send money somewhere and not get anything in return within a year, talk more of 3 or 5 years.

Sterling Bank sent me notification on this particular investment. I must say that people that structured the investment are not quite intelligent.

I have personally evaluated it, total nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
LuzSp:

They repackaged insurance and sent out, thinking we don't have pen, paper and calculator.
Internetboy:

Sterling Bank sent me notification on this particular investment. I must say that people that structured the investment are not quite intelligent.

I have personally evaluated it, total nonsense.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2018
Donbrig:

Honestly speaking, this question truly shows how much Nigerians detest reading. Reading just three to four pages in this forum will answer your question, because this question is the most discussed topic since this thread began.

swift clarification grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mj45: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
feelamong:

Yes, the rates are annualised pro rata.....but they are also discounted hence the higher yield!

Pls explain. I was told 13% interest rate for a 37 days duration but when it was time to get paid, I was told that the interest rate was on per annum basis and so had to be divided by 365 days, leaving me with peanuts in the name of interest rate.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mj45: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
feelamong:

Yea you can actually walk into any bank and ask for it....but most bankers do not like to market this pdt cos it does not count amongst their deposit target...

i will advice you go instead to their treasury or investment banking arm.....for me i do mine thru a bank investment banking arm/subsidiary

Could you please give names of reliable ones? Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Interest rates are always quoted per annum even if it is not expressly stated so. So an investment not lasting up to one year will have its interested pro rated for the number of days.

Sorry for the disappointment.

Mj45:

Pls explain. I was told 13% interest rate for a 37 days duration but when it was time to get paid, I was told that the interest rate was on per annum basis and so had to be divided by 365 days, leaving me with peanuts in the name of interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gabrielclint(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hello house, I am applying to Tbill from outside Nigeria. Is it better to fill in the rate column , or leave it empty so that any rate that was successful can be used for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
dammy222:
Please who knows stanbic and gtb secondary rates as at today
follow all these banks on twitter and mention a problem... after they follow you,u can then dm them continously for rates or whatever and they must respond.. it has never failed for me with any bank or big brand
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
Bravedude112:
WARNING!! FGN Tbills is addictive, The more you do it the more you wanto to do it even more. Those who are doing it with a lump sum will understand what i mean cool cool cool
very addictive
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lolaluv1(f): 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
Bravedude112:

Why please?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
hias2012:

If you love stocks but don't understand the terrain, the best bet for you is to invest in equity based mutual fund. Equity fund are mutual funds invested heavily on stocks, and done on behalf of individuals by professionals. That way you will not lose your money easily like you stand the risk to because what you have just so done is entrusting management of your stock/portfolio in the hands of professionals. They understand the market much more than most individual stock investors. Many direct stock investors got burnt in 2008 and have never recovered since then. Check out portfolios of different managers of equity based mutual fund, Eg StanbicIBTC, ARM, AXA, etc. A host of others exists. Put your money there and go to sleep. Secondly, note that stock investment is a long term investment. It is not like treasury bills or Money Market Fund that you know before hand the interest you are likely to get, and monitored on a daily basis in the case of MMF. Happy investing.

I'm yet to see anyone who has made money from those equity based funds. Its notoriously volatile such any gain today can be wiped out tomorrow. In fact I believe a thread was opened here some time ago on such MF and it was all tales of woe.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2018
Bravedude112:

lol.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 12:04am On Oct 27, 2018
MssRose:

God bless you sir for this comment. you are absolutely right. just 3years ago I couldn't boast of a million naira. was busy buying the latest hairs and designers clothings in town but ever since I started following this thread silently, my life has turned around that I couldn't believe it myself. It's all about discipline.
please I would like to learn about stocks too. I've been following the thread too for some time but I still can't understand it. if you can put me through some certain things. Thanks

Yes oooo. Thanks to the Feelamong who inspired this thread, I who knew almost next to noting was able to start actively investing in TBs and have made quite a tidy sum. The information in these 500+ pages is truly priceless and would transform anyone into a knowledgeable investor.

TB all the way!! cool grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meryl4merit(f): 1:38am On Oct 27, 2018
Greetings house, So I just landed my first job, and I want to invest #200k as starters in TB, when next will FG issue TB? plus can someone please help me with calculations of returns for 90days, 181days and 365days respectively? Your inputs will be saving a youth from mismanagement. wink Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 1:57am On Oct 27, 2018
your thinking and inspiration is contagious
meryl4merit:
Greetings house, So I just landed my first job, and I want to invest #200k as starters in TB, when next will FG issue TB? plus can someone please help me with calculations of returns for 90days, 181days and 365days respectively? Your inputs will be saving a youth from mismanagement. wink Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10am On Oct 27, 2018
FGN Tbills have turned me into a Tbills junkie,im sorry folks!! cool cool tongue
donshady:

AddiCtive Very very addictive.. You won't want to stop. But eat can be done Just continue lol grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 27, 2018
It is reliable and the interest is like BOOM!!
lolaluv1:

Why please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:58am On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 6:17am On Oct 27, 2018
Bravedude112:
It is reliable and the interest is like BOOM!!

Only if you invest with a huge sum of money

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 6:30am On Oct 27, 2018
donshady:

Only if you invest with a huge sum of money

If we understand that men are in sizes; there will be no difference in whether or not one invests a particular amount. This is especially because the interest is a percentage of the sum invested.

The fellow who invests his treasured N100k for 364 days and gets N13,100.00 interest for instance should treasure the interest like the mogul who invested N10m for the same period and gets N1.31m... rate is same.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2018
lolaluv1:

Why please?

True....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 6:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Etfash:

If we understand that men are in sizes; there will be no difference in whether or not one invests a particular amount. This is especially because the interest is a percentage of the sum invested.

The fellow who invests his treasured N100k for 364 days and gets N13,100.00 interest for instance should treasure the interest like the mogul who invested N10m for the same period and gets N1.31m... rate is same.

I got the logic ✌. Pure truth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2018
Some one on this forum said TB is addictive, honestly it seems so.

I want to lock up 12m for 364 days no matter the rate I will take it, is better than living funds idle in the bank account . If I get 13% fine, that's around 1,560,000 naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by providencia(m): 7:37am On Oct 27, 2018
Please which bank accepts 100 thousand as treasury bills ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2018
providencia:
Please which bank accepts 100 thousand as treasury bills ?
I know of FBN, Stanbic, and GTbank

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by providencia(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2018
amjustme2:
I know of FBN, Stanbic, and GTbank

Thanks alot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Internetboy:
Some one on this forum said TB is addictive, honestly it seems so.

I want to lock up 12m for 364 days no matter the rate I will take it, is better than living funds idle in the bank account . If I get 13% fine, that's around 1,560,000 naira.

Good one.. Better than leaving it in a bank.. Make it work for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Gavrelino123 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.