Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443305 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DivinePips123: 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hello Great people, I concur that TBills are nice. I plan to also drop some funds in there in the future . My forex trading currently gives me a great monthly return. I have achieved over 70% profit on capital in just over a month. see https://www.forextime.com/strategy/DivinePips
Next target is to earn additional 80% - 100% in each of the subsequent months. Ya'll can also earn with me (if you wish). smiley
One love.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 11:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Cation:
it is the Federal government SUKUK BOND. 7 years 15.7...% per annum.

Goan sit down.

290 days OMO was sold at 15% today

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
Indigbo:

if I need money urgently for a short quick business how much will first bank pay me back from my capital if 9.6m if i liquidate less than 3weeks? any idea the total amount i will receive including capital?

Your best bet is to ask your bank about the buy back interest rate. It is the buy back interest rate that will determine how much that will be deducted from your capital of 9.6M. You have collected the interest upfront with the assumption that you are investing the whole funds until the end of the tenor. It is fair to pay back the unearned interest for the remaining days left before maturity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Indigbo: 1:17am On Dec 11, 2018
dejiotus:

Your best bet is to ask your bank about the buy back interest rate. It is the buy back interest rate that will determine how much that will be deducted from your capital of 9.6M. You have collected the interest upfront with the assumption that you are investing the whole funds until the end of the tenor. It is fair to pay back the unearned interest for the remaining days left before maturity.

thanks. i didn't collect the interest upfront. i ticked reinvest interest, or maybe i didn't understand what you mean?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:48am On Dec 11, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:35am On Dec 11, 2018
Ibrahim505:
tbills interest fluctuates and while this is fixed throughout the duration. Investing 2.1m in the bond while compounding the annual interest will makes your money grow to 6.2m by maturity.
Among many reason the rich keep getting richer.

How do you compound the interest on a bond when normally it is paid to you quarterly and there is no provision for re-investment of the interest being paid to you?. Even in TBs, not all banks do a re-investment of the upfront interest. Is interest on this SUKUK bond being capitalized?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2018
Simple. By investing the acquired interest in tbills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2018
ozymes:
What is the security compared to tbill?
same
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sodiamond: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2018
Pls someone should confirm for me. My account officer at first bank just told me that treasury bill is closed for the year. How true is that

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2018
sodiamond:
Pls someone should confirm for me. My account officer at first bank just told me that treasury bill is closed for the year. How true is that

Same thing I was told at stanbic ibtc. I am surprised ooh.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Vibesking(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello all.

Please can someone kindly tell me what's the minimum amount for investment in Treasury Bills? I've got 100k.

If perhaps this capital isn't sufficient for TB, what other investment opportunities would you suggest for my available capital?

Looking forward to your input.
Regards.

Cc feelamong

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2018
Does this apply to secondary market or it is just for primary market?

zamirikpo:

Same thing I was told at stanbic ibtc. I am surprised ooh.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2018

sodiamond:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sempe123: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
please is anyone having the same experience as me.Since last friday i gave UBA instruction to debit my account for TB,up till now that has not been done,they keep telling me that the platform is down.The thing just weak me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helium2: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Indigbo:

if I need money urgently for a short quick business how much will first bank pay me back from my capital if 9.6m if i liquidate less than 3weeks? any idea the total amount i will receive including capital?

Rates are high now..

If you sell now you will most likely sell at a loss.

This is one of the advantages of a mutual fund..

Liquidation with no risk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helium2: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
Vibesking:
Hello all.

Please can someone kindly tell me what's the minimum amount for investment in Treasury Bills? I've got 100k.

If perhaps this capital isn't sufficient for TB, what other investment opportunities would you suggest for my available capital?

Regards.

Cc feelamong

Buy a money market fund that will pay you about 1.5% less than T bills.

Goto playstore. Look for an app called FBN edge.

Register and Supply your Documentation.

Its has a minimum holding period of 30 days and a liquidation period of 5 days.

Meaning that once you buy you have to stay for at least 30 days and then if you need your money after then you need to wait at least 5 working days.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
helium2:

Meaning that once you buy you have to stay for at least 30 days and then if you need your money after then you need to wait at least 5 working days.

Enjoy!

5 days is a lot o. ARM Money Market Fund liquidation is in 2 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Vibesking(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
helium2:

Enjoy!

Thank you very much Helium. Will look into this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Vibesking(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
Vibesking:
Hello all.

Regards.

Cc feelamong

Minimum amount for TB pls. Anyone?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
helium2:

Enjoy!

i-invest app liquidation is within an hour. It also use minimum of 30 days holding.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kafeii123: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
Vibesking:

100k is the minimum... approach your bank customer service the customer service person for their investments officer... tell him/her your intention to invest in T-Bills and you should be fine.. need more info.. DM
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Indigbo: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
helium2:

Rates are high now..

If you sell now you will most likely sell at a loss.

This is one of the advantages of a mutual fund..

Liquidation with no risk

at a loss of profit made since invested or loss part of capital? thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helium2: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
Indigbo:

Best case scenario loss of profit

Worst case loss of capital

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Vibesking:

Some banks collect 100k minimum while others collect 1 million minimum. Zenith collect 1 million minimum

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
sempe123:
please is anyone having the same experience as me.Since last friday i gave UBA instruction to debit my account for TB,up till now that has not been done,they keep telling me that the platform is down.The thing just weak me
Zenith told me they do tbills every 2 weeks. They have not debited me for the past 2 weeks so I’m waiting for what happens this week but I’m confused now I’m hearing some banks have closed for the year. Will check with them tomorrow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sodiamond: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
condomuser:

Both

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
sodiamond:

Both

Wow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by helium2: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
kafeii123:

100k is the minimum... approach your bank customer service the customer service person for their investments officer... tell him/her your intention to invest in T-Bills and you should be fine.. need more info.. DM

Pls resend
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Indigbo:

It will depend on the interest rate the bank is willing to buy the Treasury bills off you. If the rate is reasonably close to the discount rate you received, then you will only lose part of the interest. But if the rate is much higher and the bank is charging a penalty to liquidate before maturity, it could affect your capital. Are you three weeks into the investment or you have just 3 weeks left before the TB investment matures?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Indigbo: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2018
dejiotus:

It will depend on the interest rate the bank is willing to buy the Treasury bills off you. If the rate is reasonably close to the discount rate you received, then you will only lose part of the interest. But if the rate is much higher and the bank is charging a penalty to liquidate before maturity, it could affect your capital. Are you three weeks into the investment or you have just 3 weeks left before the TB investment matures?

Less than three weeks into the investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 6:00am On Dec 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 8:32am On Dec 12, 2018
What could have made them stop accpeting investments this early for primary and secondary markets. The holiday hasn't even started.

sodiamond:

Both

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.