Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465128 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 12:40am On Dec 22, 2018
Does anyone knows the maximum some can transfer using transfer form in the bank from a savings account as the maximum for internet banking is 5 Million naira. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:43am On Dec 22, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 22, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Primary market is buying TB from the source (CBN) through your bank/investment house. secondary market is when you buy Tb that had already been bought in primary/secondary market from a holder of a tb and its done through your bank/investment house.

Thanks very much for the explanation..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PraiseDLord: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2018
Jejebabaa:
Does anyone knows the maximum some can transfer using transfer form in the bank from a savings account as the maximum for internet banking is 5 Million naira. Thanks.
NO limit with transfer form. It's your money!
The cap on internet banking is for your protection which can be raised if you sign indemnity with your bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 8:12am On Dec 22, 2018
Since there was no primary market auctions for Treasury bills since beginning of December, I have been wondering why banks are selling secondary market with tenors of over 360 days. Knowing that Treasury bills maximum tenor is 364 days and the last auction was in November. How come there are secondary tenors of even 364 this month.

I am wondering if it's OMO sales that goes into the secondary market as Treasury bills.

@feelamong

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Electroweb(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2018
PraiseDLord:

The cap on internet banking is for your protection which can be raised if you sign indemnity with your bank

Can you expantiate on the risk of increasing internet banking transfer limit? The indemnity form for the banks protects the bank from ones intentions to increase limit, but does not state the type of problems that can emenate from the act.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Electroweb(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2018
Is investing treasury bills really the way to go with the govt devaluing the naira every four years? The devaluation always makes mockery of the savings.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2018
Electroweb:
Is investing treasury bills really the way to go with the govt devaluing the naira every four years? The devaluation always makes mockery of the savings.
how did u arrive at the 4 years cycle is it historic.....i need it for planning exit and reentry strategy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Electroweb(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
how did u arrive at the 4 years cycle is it historic.....i need it for planning exit and reentry strategy
Well the present administration devalued the naira. Devaluation is an easy exit for people who dont know how to bring the economy back on track. If this present administration wins the election they “might not” devalue again, while the opposing party has hinted through their usual mediums that they would devalue the naira if they come in. So the probability for devaluation is higher than non-devaluation. My two cents...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
dipoolowoo:
T-Bills Market Close Bearish as CBN Relaxes OMO Sale
https://businesspost.ng/2018/12/22/t-bills-market-closes-bearish-as-cbn-relaxes-omo-sale/
hi.. Hope you are making some good wad from your site because you re doing us a lot of good here!

thank you & Season's greetings!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2018
dipoolowoo:
T-Bills Market Close Bearish as CBN Relaxes OMO Sale
https://businesspost.ng/2018/12/22/t-bills-market-closes-bearish-as-cbn-relaxes-omo-sale/

@ realityshot u beat me to this. He is an un-song hero on this section.

Thank u @dipoolowoo and a merry Xmas.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
PraiseDLord:

Thanks for this info. I am just curious cos my wife went to her bank and was told the max limit she can do with transfer form was 1.3M.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2018
Jejebabaa:

Thanks for this info. I am just curious cos my wife went to her bank and was told the max limit she can do with transfer form was 1.3M.

Seems the bank don't want her to move the money from there. You can actually transfer more. Though if transaction is upto a certain amount (more than 5m for individual and 10m for company's account) the bank is obliged to info the EFCC especially if its your first transaction of that kind. That said, there is no other legal and cheaper way of moving money in excess of millions from a bank account to another apart from transfer so the maximum can never be just 1.3 for any bank. Except they want you to either withdraw your intended amount over the counter and charge you for any amount more than 500k or they want you to keep withdrawing 500k daily and deposit it in the destination account till you are able complete it.

The next time they tell her that all she has to do is call or mail the customer care centre. Except if her type of account has some restrictions. Nothing should hinder her.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WilliamL: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
I've got a reputable nigerian company with an investment package guaranteeing ROI of between 23% to 27% depending on how much is invested. This option is reserved for clients who just want to do a short term investment and make profit for themselves as most monetary and financial instruments like treasury bills and fixed deposit interest are very low at the moment. Please dm me for details. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
WilliamL:
I've got a reputable nigerian company with an investment package guaranteeing ROI of between 23% to 27% depending on how much is invested. This option is reserved for clients who just want to do a short term investment and make profit for themselves as most monetary and financial instruments like treasury bills and fixed deposit interest are very low at the moment. Please dm me for details. Thank you.
reserve for person that want to be scammed .....my opinion

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WilliamL: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
My dear fellow, I'm glad you said "your opinion" I think a simple question would have been more interactive and polite than tagging someone a scam. Thank you.

ahiboilandgas:
reserve for person that want to be scammed .....my opinion
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
WilliamL:
My dear fellow, I'm glad you said "your opinion" I think a simple question would have been more interactive and polite than tagging someone a scam. Thank you.

why are you offering a business opportunity 2days to Christmas on this Thread? Dont you think thats shady?

And why can you not talk about the company and what they re into here?

if your company is looking for private investors, is it 2days to christmas that they will start advert? In this fraud-centric season, really?

why not open a seperate thread for that since you dont trust us enough to talk openly about the business here?

do you know that just last month a con duped someone on another thread by ofering exactly what you just offered?

rethink the approach or no one will see you differently.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
WilliamL:

You noticed people exchange advice here and you want them to dm you. If oga feelamong asked everyone to dm him for details and modus operandi of treasury bills lots of us beneficiaries may not have benefitted. If you really believe what you have to offer is genuine, why not post it and let whoever is interested decide or better still create a thread and refer people there if your info does not conform with the thread? If people trust in what you have to offer most times they will be the ones to DM you even without your request.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WilliamL: 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
I understand and also apologise. I'm simply working on meeting my targets for next month already and the timing of the proximity of Christmas totally slipped my mind. Thank you for your advice, it is highly appreciated.

RealityShot:
why are you offering a business opportunity 2days to chrismas on this Thread? Dont you think thats shady?

And why can you not talk about the company and what they re into here?

if your company is looking private investors, is it 2days to christmas that they will start advert? In this fraud-centric season, really?

why not open a seperate thread for that since you dont trust us enough to talk openly about the business here?

do you know that just last month a con duped someone on another thread by ofering exactly what you just offered?

rethink the approach or no one will see you differently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by uuspace(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
WilliamL:

Please nobody should respond to this. This is a scam. This is how they operate.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HIM. There is no company in Nigeria that can guarantee these rates except MMM

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
uuspace:

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HIM. There is no company in Nigeria that can guarantee these rates except MMM

I don't think there is anybody on this thread that will be foolish enough to contact the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by uuspace(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Grupo:

I don't think there is anybody on this thread that will be foolish enough to contact the guy.

Bro you will be suprised that some people will still fall for it.

There might be new members that will be carried away by the percentages.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Then any one who does that certainly did not work hard for the money.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WilliamL: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Wow... If you say so... Sad that people come out to call people names and "scams" without adequate information. Just because you don't know of any company presently doing it doesn't mean it's not happening. You could have simply asked before you conclude I am a scam. But I apologise for bringing it up. Thank you.

uuspace:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:52am On Dec 24, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by uuspace(m): 5:34am On Dec 24, 2018
WilliamL:
Wow... If you say so... Sad that people come out to call people names and "scams" without adequate information. Just because you don't know of any company presently doing it doesn't mean it's not happening. You could have simply asked before you conclude I am a scam. But I apologise for bringing it up. Thank you.

Hello I will not ask you.

In this thread people have been sharing information FREELY. You came and you do not want to share but you are asking people to contact you.

That is the way SCAMMERS work.

Any company offering such rates is out to SCAM people.

Any company offering such rates will be well known and not by only you.

Why are you hiding the identity of the company?

If the scheme is real and not out to SCAM people why are you asking people to dm you?

@Tabbaz @Funlord your attention is needed here.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by funlord(m): 6:49am On Dec 24, 2018
WilliamL:

Dominique

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by funlord(m): 6:55am On Dec 24, 2018
uuspace:

Hello I will not ask you.

In this thread people have been sharing information FREELY. You came and you do not want to share but you are asking people to contact you.

That is the way SCAMMERS work.

Any company offering such rates is out to SCAM people.

Any company offering such rates will be well known and not by only you.

Why are you hiding the identity of the company?

If the scheme is real and not out to SCAM people why are you asking people to dm you?

Funlord your attention is needed here.

2017 moniker with his less than 20 posts and no history of even buying or selling a spoon before? Abeg the day you find out he has started "charging like an iphone" those few saps who may fall for this his "mmm" offer on what's app kindly let me know! grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tabbaz(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2018
WilliamL:

as was noted by other fellows here. why would the company be known to you alone? are you really upto scamming stuff

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2018
Mr 27% interest, you are in the wrong thread. People here are mild risk takers, that's why we are devotees of TBills. If we wanted too much gain we would have been trying other ventures like buying and selling or transportation biz. We Like it small and secured. Am personally scared of too much money. Take your investment somewhere else so you don't waste your data and time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drcynthia(f): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Barrytone:
Mr 27% interest, you are in the wrong thread. People here are mild risk takers, that's why we are devotees of TBills. If we wanted too much gain we would have been trying other ventures like buying and selling or transportation biz. We Like it small and secured. Am personally scared of too much money. Take your investment somewhere else so you don't waste your data and time

Exactly @bolded grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:32am On Dec 24, 2018
Barrytone:
Chai! You are scared of too much money?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.