Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433345 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2018
4601CE:

Oh , I see ...
You might not receive any SMS or email .
Your sure bet to see your allotment is to log onto your cscs account and see it there . https://www.cscs.ng/home/login
Access comes with a annual fee though. Or you can ask your stockbroker to check for you,.
All the Savings Bond I’ve bought , I never received any sms or notifications. They appear in my portfolio one or two weeks after settlement date. Don’t panic

Thank you. I guess it's too early to check since you mentioned one to two weeks. I just felt one should be communicated especially after reading that there was 32% oversubscription. I was thinking theey might allocate less than I subscribed. I was expecting the difference credited back in that view.

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by murphyrichy(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2018
Akin3891:
Got 13% for 42 days @ Firstbank today. Does Anyone know the current rate for long periods with other banks?
This is more than good bro

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
murphyrichy:
This is more than good bro

Yea, good deal kind of. At least that gonna take care of somethings, pending the ripe time for more juicy rate nxt year. At least I'm hoping to lock up for 364 days @ at least 17% intrest. Oil is now $48, so not corresponding with the FG 2019 budget, so FG might need to borrow more from us to foot the budget.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deife(m): 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
Just2endowed2:

(42/365)* 0.13*2m= 29,917.81

please is this profit annual or quarterly or monthly? please I'll appreciate a response as I'm interested in treasury bills' investment. thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
deife:

please is this profit annual or quarterly or monthly? please I'll appreciate a response as I'm interested in treasury bills' investment. thank you.
That profit interest is for 42 days . As you can see he did 42/365 in the calculation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
I have savings in Euro lying idle but wouldn't want to change to Naira yet because Naira is currently strong.

Is there any short-term (6 months max) investment in Euro with at least 5% yield? I need your kind suggestions please.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by murphyrichy(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Akin3891:

Yea, good deal kind of. At least that gonna take care of somethings, pending the ripe time for more juicy rate nxt year. At least I'm hoping to lock on 364 @ at least 17% intrest. Oil is now $48, so not corresponding with the FG 2019 budget, so FG might need to borrow more from us to foot the budget.
Good analysis.... U can go for 364 days if u ain't using the fund Shaa.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by faymouz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Good day house, please what's the charges for stanbic secondary market?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
Akin3891:

Yea, good deal kind of. At least that gonna take care of somethings, pending the ripe time for more juicy rate nxt year. At least I'm hoping to lock on 364 @ at least 17% intrest. Oil is now $48, so not corresponding with the FG 2019 budget, so FG might need to borrow more from us to foot the budget.

Oil price maybe low but the foreign reserve is better than the last time TB rates were as high as 18%. CBN can weather the storm unless the low oil price persists for too long. So pls don't push your luck on the 17%. If you got up to 15%, it's time to lock down. My opinion though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
unite4real:

Oil price maybe low but the foreign reserve is better than the last time TB rates were as high as 18%. CBN can weather the storm unless the low oil price persists for too long. So pls don't push your luck on the 17%. If you got up to 15%, it's time to lock down. My opinion though

I'm not only looking at oil price nosediving as possibility for rate increase but the uncertainty that surrounds Nigeria forthcoming election might also got something to contribute to an increase . I'm not 100% certain that these factors can spike rate to 18% but sure rate won't be at 15% mid February. My thoughts tho
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
Does anyone has idea of minimum amount for treasury bills in Stanbic and FBNH. Also, i will like to know the minimum for Stanbic Money market mutual funds pls.
Thanks..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
Jejebabaa:
Does anyone has idea of minimum amount for treasury bills in Stanbic and FBNH. Also, i will like to know the minimum for Stanbic Money market mutual funds pls.
Thanks..

Your first question, answer is 100k

your second question, answer is 5k

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
unite4real:

Your first question, answer is 100k

your second question, answer is 5k

Thanks so much boss.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2018
Pls is the 2019 Q1 NTB Calendar out ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obuksjr(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2018
Cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ImperialCovfefe: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello all,

Has anyone gotten a Certificate of Capital Importation (CCI) by making remittance into Stanbic MMF? How was the process like?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks all for a successful 2018, you made it successful, am looking forward to a rewarding 2019 together. Happy New Year to team NTB

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
HAPPY NEW YEAR
MY NTB HOUSEMATES
2019 SHALL BE A MORE PROSPEROUS YEAR FOR US ALL IJN........amen.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
Barrytone:
Thanks all for a successful 2018, you made it successful, am looking forward to a rewarding 2019 together. Happy New Year to team NTB
zamirikpo:
HAPPY NEW YEAR
MY NTB HOUSEMATES
2019 SHALL BE A MORE PROSPEROUS YEAR FOR US ALL IJN........amen.

Amen! 2019 will be better than 2018.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
zamirikpo:
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY NTB HOUSEMATES 2019 SHALL BE A MORE PROSPEROUS YEAR FOR US ALL IJN........amen.
Thanks,God bless us All...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 12:29am On Jan 01, 2019
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!

Remain Focused on ONE THING
you are good at.

And pray Jehovah Favours you at it this Year!
Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 1:48am On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:12am On Jan 01, 2019
Now that 2019 is here, we need to planning and projecting what the economic outlook of Nigerian will be and the effect on ntb rate this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by somziency: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Which is better? Allowing stanbic to determine TBills rate in primary market or stating your preferred rate? If the later, how can this be best achieved given that Tbills rate is not fixed?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
somziency:
Which is better? Allowing stanbic to determine TBills rate in primary market or stating your preferred rate? If the later, how can this be best achieved given that Tbills rate is not fixed?

You get 50 million?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Just2endowed2:
Now that 2019 is here, we need to planning and projecting what the economic outlook of Nigerian will be and the effect on ntb rate this year

Yes you're right. We need to start projecting... Dipoolowo thank you for the constant update. You've always been keeping me updated. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
bealive100:

Are you thinking of genuine investment? Then,cryptocurrency is the answer!!
Do you know one can make 130%-200% regularly through legitimate, reliable, paying and trustworthy cryptocurrency trading Investment.
Let me have the honor to introduce you to this great cryptocurrency trading Investment platform called invsetsky based in Toronto Canada, where you are guaranteed 130%-200%. VERY IMPORTANT: there is an ongoing promo in which you get 20% added to your deposit, the promo is only available from the Silver plan and above, THE PROMO ENDS SOON!!!
There is consistent online support on the website or you can email support at:
support@invsetsky.com
Check out the official website at:
https://invsetsky.com/?ref=Cryptoguru
If you don't have an idea what Bitcoin is,then I can assure you are far behind but don't worry we got you covered and are ready to put you through and optimize profits. Take a leap into financial freedom and learn how to trade cryptocurrency
Take Note: The next millionaires are those who invest in cryptocurrency.
You can reach me to clarify for more information:
Whatsapp or msg:0811 377 9259
Email: cryptoexperttradingsignals@gmail.com

Oga stop all these nonsense......This is 2019 abeg,fear God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Oga stop all these nonsense......This is 2019 abeg,fear God.
U know scammers are persistent people untill maga fall ,They target people in this thread cos this where people with saving to invest are
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Papertrail11(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
hello how does this Treasury thing goes I have a few usd in my domm acct in first bank hw do I go about investing in tresury bills

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.