Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433722 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 9:49am On Jan 12, 2019
zinaunreal:

Please can you drop the email?

Im not sure dropping the email will help, cos I doubt he will honor a request just like that.

Like in my case I had physically visited the branch up to two times to do a written instruction before he started accepting email instruction, and I suspect he had already communicated with my account officer.

I'll suggest that you personally meet with the person in charge of TB in the state your based at least once.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:21am On Jan 12, 2019
Barrytone:

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA YOU MEANT

Yes..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 1:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
Below is a domiciliary account with Union bank that pays 3% interest rate.

Although there are few charges as noted below, I will be very grateful if anyone in the house can advise on the pros and cons of the account. I think the account will be particularly helpful for members who have dollars in dorm accounts and don't get any interest.

[Account Opening balance is $100
3% interest rate p.a on the domiciliary account.
Over the Counter transaction is allowed on the account
Validity is for 3 years
Annual Maintenance of $20
Issuance of Priority Pass for access to VIP lounges around the world
Cost per person per visit at VIP lounges is capped at $27
The Card has no limit.
Discount on travel tickets from some selected airlines]

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2019
Very possible.
Thats Secondary market for you.

Likely someone else liquidated before maturity.

LTRAVIS:
Someone told me diamond bank gives rate at 13.9% for 41 days don’t know how true it is.....I want to go into treasure bills for the first time,I have read the first pages on how the percentage are being divided.....is it possible to get a 13.9% for 41 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
Just did 90 days at 10.6% on the 5th of Jan but I just need to buy a car and wants to terminate, how much am I loosing. Principle was 6.9m at first bank. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2019
Barrytone:
Just did 90 days at 10.6% on the 5th of Jan but I just need to buy a car and wants to terminate, how much am I loosing. Principle was 6.9m at first bank. Thanks
ur old car nko?
buying a car and maintaing it is as liability except u truly need it.l like me l HV a certain amount my money will get to b4 eyeing any car,once it get to that l will get myself a luxurious car,now m focusing on growing my wealth without distraction.
We HV one car and l careless BC m working hard,strategizing how to achieve my goal in shortest possible time.in order to get the best without struggling so much after buying.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2019
alezzy13:

First you have to get the email address of the person in charge. In Benue where I'm based, its one Kevin Eze.
Then send the email. All I usually specify is the tenor, amount and account to debit. Since its usually primary market I do, I have to go with their rate, so I dont specify it. Normally he has to receive the mail latest Tuesday of the bidding week.

If successful, I'll usually be debited by Friday, though sometimes it extends till Saturday.

For Secondary market, (which I must confess I rarely do) I had to go to the bank to discuss their available rates and tenors to see if its acceptable. Hope this helps
Thanks bro
I know the terrains of primary Markets Excellently in GTBANK....... But Secondary market is a problem....My Account officers always claim they have non available.....and if you go to other Branches,like in Festac,they will show you the available rates from 10:00am in the morning....but they will still scan your instructions to your account officers and tell you to call them;hence,you're stuck with your account officers....!
The last time i reported this case to ikoyi branch,they sent her a querry & she called me saying that they could sack her for this.....I had to go back and calm the management down....The other of my account officer is always on the road....i have never met her in the office....Very difficult ladies.....
Primary market is more open,they can't hide anything ,so it always go smoothly...But Secondary market is in the hands of one's account officer in GTBANK..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2019
carik:
I've also sent an instruction to my gtbank account officer to quote their rates but no response.

It seems the 500k minimum requirement is true cos i have less than in my account, however a simple response would have been appreciated. Its a bad practice from them, i might consider opening another bank account and transfer my money asap.

Please does access and zenith bank have good rates?
GTBANK minimum is 100k...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2019
ndidigood:
ur old car nko?
buying a car and maintaing it is as liability except u truly need it.l like me l HV a certain amount my money will get to b4 eyeing any car,once it get to that l will get myself a luxurious car,now m focusing on growing my wealth without distraction.
We HV one car and l careless BC m working hard,strategizing how to achieve my goal in shortest possible time.in order to get the best without struggling so much after buying.

Thanks, we had an accident by December and they insisted on going to court. We are in court now and my wife deserves a car to move the kids around. I have been investing for awhile. I have met my first target although the first milestone was originally marked for October this year but I surpassed it by October. Am breaking the norm because I over deprive myself to break even earlier than planned. Tampering on finances wouldn't make me miss next milestone by August 2022.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2019
Barrytone:
Can someone please answer this question
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jagabanbaby: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2019
Sorry about that. Why not contact your insurance company. If it's on comprehensive insurance and the car is beyond repair, you should get a new one of same value from them

Barrytone:

Thanks, we had an accident by December and they insisted on going to court. We are in court now and my wife deserves a car to move the kids around. I have been investing for awhile. I have met my first target although the first milestone was originally marked for October this year but I surpassed it by October. Am breaking the norm because I over deprive myself to break even earlier than planned. Tampering on finances wouldn't make me miss next milestone by August 2022.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Barrytone:

It is dependent on rate that your treasury bill is resold. The ways TB is right now you might not get a buyer for the same rate. Also you might have already been given the upfront. If so, that would be removed before the refund. To get the exact terms, conditions and probably the exact amount it would be resold you will have to contact your bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 8:03am On Jan 13, 2019
Barrytone:

OK dear,

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2019
dejiotus:
Below is a domiciliary account with Union bank that pays 3% interest rate.

Although there are few charges as noted below, I will be very grateful if anyone in the house can advise on the pros and cons of the account. I think the account will be particularly helpful for members who have dollars in dorm accounts and don't get any interest.

[Account Opening balance is $100
3% interest rate p.a on the domiciliary account.
Over the Counter transaction is allowed on the account
Validity is for 3 years
Annual Maintenance of $20
Issuance of Priority Pass for access to VIP lounges around the world
Cost per person per visit at VIP lounges is capped at $27
The Card has no limit.
Discount on travel tickets from some selected airlines]
I wish other banks can offer something like this. I’m not disposed to creating account for other union bank lol

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2019
dharpzee:

Kindly contact me on 08178192374, have a company that you can invest your dollars and earn your interest in dollars. I will forward the acct opening form to you.

See guy lock up o before we beat you up mercilessly. In 2019, we beating up scammers.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
chigo4u:

I wish other banks can offer something like this. I’m not disposed to creating account for other union bank lol

Why? Is there anything someone should know about Union bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carik(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Gavrelino123:

GTBANK minimum is 100k...

Really?
But then, a mail to my account officer with instructions has generated no response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
I love this! Nice one sis.

ndidigood:
ur old car nko?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
Must you buy this fancy car? Elections are due, defer this transaction and earn your income: the opportunity cost of terminating your TB and buying the car now is equal to loss of part of capital invested and complete loss of expected earnings.
Barrytone:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2019
Sorry about that. I hope no fatality or anything that would require much capital expense. I would advise you be patient and see out the tenor ....90 days is roughly 3 months. During the wait period, you can look at renting cars for family use or Uber undecided I also think buying a new car when the other party is insisting on going to court, make smack on insensitivity on your part. Above all pray for God's guidance.

Barrytone:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2019
ozymes:
Must you buy this fancy car? Elections are due, defer this transaction and earn your income: the opportunity cost of terminating your TB and buying the car now is equal to loss of part of capital invested and complete loss of expected earnings.
bayelsa person... Weytin you know? You think say na fish them dey catch here?? angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
They're very dubious and can over quote the rates to you. I fear them and thats why I jejely go for money market funds investments or dabble into Farmcrowdy undecided

Gavrelino123:

Thanks bro
I know the terrains of primary Markets Excellently in GTBANK....... But Secondary market is a problem....My Account officers always claim they have non available.....and if you go to other Branches,like in Festac,they will show you the available rates from 10:00am in the morning....but they will still scan your instructions to your account officers and tell you to call them;hence,you're stuck with your account officers....!
The last time i reported this case to ikoyi branch,they sent her a querry & she called me saying that they could sack her for this.....I had to go back and calm the management down....The other of my account officer is always on the road....i have never met her in the office....Very difficult ladies.....
Primary market is more open,they can't hide anything ,so it always go smoothly...But Secondary market is in the hands of one's account officer in GTBANK..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
If you want fish let me know and if na crude oil that one self dey, Abi na the " original" ogoro you want, e dey waterside too, the one wey dey catch fire onetime
OgogoroFreak:
bayelsa person... Weytin you know? You think say na fish them dey catch here?? angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
ozymes:

Barrytone

So who said he would lose earnings and even capital invested?

Hoe many times have you liquidated before sir?

Barrytone you won't. You will get full capital back and a little interest depending on the number of days.

Take it from me? But check well before liquidating to buy a car but if it seems to be the only option then proceed and then fix the difference later. I am sure you aren't buying a 6m car.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
Are sure of this? assuming he has spent the interest paid? he will still get exact capital invested? and assuming the rates are higher he will not be at a loss you mean?..... Just wanna learn.
Speedyconnect15:

Barrytone

So who said he would lose earnings and even capital invested?

Hoe many times have you liquidated before sir?

Barrytone you won't. You will get full capital back and a little interest depending on the number of days.

Take it from me? But check well before liquidating to buy a car but if it seems to be the only option then proceed and then fix the difference later. I am sure you aren't buying a 6m car.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
freeman67:

It is dependent on rate that your treasury bill is resold. The ways TB is right now you might not get a buyer for the same rate. Also you might have already been given the upfront. If so, that would be removed before the refund. To get the exact terms, conditions and probably the exact amount it would be resold you will have to contact your bank.

What's your authority sir and have you liquidated before?
This issue is not settled sir. The issue of outcome depending on amount resold is recondite.

You make it seem as if the bank will bring out his 6m and start looking for a buyer of the 6m.

At worst , they can put back in the pool.

Some banks even charge a penalty for liquidating.

Most people here don't know because they hardly liquidate.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
ozymes:
Are sure of this? assuming he has spent the interest paid? he will still get exact capital invested? and assuming the rates are higher he will not be at a loss you mean?..... Just wanna learn.

Exact capital invested is the amount deducted naa.

If I do 1m at 10%, they take 900k. 900k is capital invested.

But face value is 1m

Now, he invested a few days ago and needs to liquidate immediately, no much difference in rates. That's why I am certain he won't lose capital.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.