Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434089 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2019
ndidigood:
Thanks Mr.Jeje

You welcome madam.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 9:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Iamzik:

Someone is shooting his shot here

grin grin grin

Even though i dont know what this means, let me just laugh as we are in 2019 and can't come and kee maisef. grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2019
donshady:

I was amazed when I saw that too. It gives me hope there are great women out there not all those who want to buy bags, hairs, clothes and sheoes to slay.

You are right boss especially that annual summer vacation. I know how hard i have been trying to convince my wife about stabbing this year summer vacation. Its been falling on deaf ears and all she agreed to is to make big expenses cut on other things but never to touch that summer vacations. Wetin, we man go do now as we be their ATM and we just have to reach some compromise for peace to reign in the home.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2019
dipoolowoo:
T-Bills Yields Settle at 15.07% as CBN Soaks N25b
https://businesspost.ng/2019/01/15/t-bills-yields-settle-at-15-07-as-cbn-soaks-n25b/
Please where can I get this rate at the secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2019
Jejebabaa:

You are right boss especially that annual summer vacation. I know how hard i have been trying to convince my wife about stabbing this year summer vacation. Its been falling on deaf ears and all she agreed to is to make big expenses cut on other things but never to touch that summer vacations. Wetin, we man go do now as we be their ATM and we just have to reach some compromise for peace to reign in the home.

That's how we roll man grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2019
favoured247:
Just left first bank now. Went to fill tb form for primary market against Wednesday's auction. And wanted to know what d banker thinks is suitable for me to fill as my rate. And he was like "am I not going with the bank rate"? I was shocked because I tot its only in secondary market we go with whatever the bank has to offer. So I told him that I will be fine with the bank rate.
Another thing that surprised me is that I was debited immediately after leaving the bank.
My question is " what does he mean by bank rate in a primary market"? And secondly why was I debited today instead of Wednesday.
Please note.... I have been investing in tbills now for 5years. Both primary and secondary. But today I had a new and different experience. I need explanation please.
You can be debited the very day you filled your form and your money retained in the bank pool up to 2 weeks to auction date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2019
Hmm, this is page 666.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pxjosh(m): 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
Grupo:
Hmm, this is page 666.
illuminati things grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lexit: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2019
So this is page 666!!!! grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
Grupo:
Hmm, this is page 666.

I will not comment on this page!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
Evil page angry grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
alezzy13:

I will not comment on this page!!

Hahaha. You already commented

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2019
Grupo:
Hmm, this is page 666.

Hmmmmmm!!

Let me not comment what I wanted to comment...

See you guys on the next page grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
Good day house, please I need your advise. I just invested in my first TB at stanbic and I was given the following rates
Primary market
91 - 10.89
182 - 13.10
364 - 14.5

Secondary market

107 - 12.75 to mature on 2nd may, 2019
170 - 14.15. Mature on 17 Oct 2019
359 - 14.25. Mature 9 Jan 2020

I choose 170 days on secondary market... I was told stanbic don't reinvest interest so I can't do so.. Beside when I got back to the office and calculated 170day, it is suppose to mature before 17th Oct, 2019..

Please I want to gurus in the house to help me calculate the maturity date for 170 days. Also did I choose a good rate based on the tenor?? Lastly, is it true stanbic don't reinvest interest accured...

I will appreciate helpful contributions and advice.. God bless
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
Let me wait till it gets to page 667 before i comment. cool

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
Page 666, Nawa o!
No comment, please.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmyreelz(m): 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
some banks now offers 44/45 days at about 10-11% rate tbills at a reasonable rate.. so check your bank to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
NL1960:
Let me wait till it gets to page 667 before i comment. cool
Lol...you have already commented......Happy new year bro...
Kindly,i submitted an instruction to GTBANK last week Friday to suscribe for secondary market,i was given 14.5% @ 355days...... I waited to be debited but to no avail....
I visited my branch them today....to write a fresh instructions for primary markets & my account officer told me that she my secondary market instructions have been transfered to Primary Markets....
What is your opinion on this..?
Because i don't want stories about my TB not treated..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Lol...you have already commented......Happy new year bro...
Kindly,i submitted an instruction to GTBANK last week Friday to suscribe for secondary market,i was given 14.5% @ 355days...... I waited to be debited but to no avail....
I visited my branch them today....to write a fresh instructions for primary markets & my account officer told me that she my secondary market instructions have been transfered to Primary Markets....
What is your opinion on this..?
Because i don't want stories about my TB not treated..

How come they just transferred your secondary market request to primary market without instruction?. Just tell the account officer that if what he/she said is not true that the head office will get to know about it.

I had to transfer my TB funds at GTB on maturity to Stabic when i discovered that my account officer was no longer at my branch or no longer at the bank and the new account officer that attended to me said he will send me a mail on secondary market rates and availability but did not. I did not waste time in transferring the funds to Stabic as my account officer at Stanbic is very knowledgeable in TB. I now have my two TBs with stabic instead of the initial one at GTB and one at Stanbic. They now sent me an email this year with details of my account officer and other officers of the branch i can contact. I just file the mail for archive.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=silentone post=74787743]Good day house, please I need your advise. I just invested in my first TB at stanbic and I was given the following rates
Primary market
91 - 10.89
182 - 13.10
364 - 14.5

Secondary market

107 - 12.75 to mature on 2nd may, 2019
170 - 14.15. Mature on 17 Oct 2019
359 - 14.25. Mature 9 Jan 2020

I choose 170 days on secondary market... I was told stanbic don't reinvest interest so I can't do so.. Beside when I got back to the office and calculated 170day, it is suppose to mature before 17th Oct, 2019..

Please I want to gurus in the house to help me calculate the maturity date for 170 days. Also did I choose a good rate based on the tenor?? Lastly, is it true stanbic don't reinvest interest accured...

I will appreciate helpful contributions and advice.. God bless[please I would appreciate a response.. Thanks]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
silentone:
[color=#006600][/color]

170 days from today Tuesday 15/01/2018 will be Thursday 04/07/2018. Please note that tomorrow the tenure you got today as 170days if still available will become 169days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 8:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
Thanks a lot.. I got debitted and I found that I was given an interest of 11.06% as against the 14.15. I went to complain, and the account officer said they had technical issues that the rate I was given was for 275 days.. So I said why didn't you call me?? Instead they now invested my funds at 11.06% for 275 days.. I told the lady straight up that I can't go with the rate.. She then told me they would try to rectify it but I have the option of liquidating or allow her try to rectify it.. Am like so what happens to the safe keeping fee and transaction fee that was debited and she couldn't answer but she begged to give her till tomorrow to try sort things out.. So confused right now.. What can I do please?? So I liquidate??
freeman67:

170 days from today Tuesday 15/01/2018 will be Thursday 04/07/2018. Please note that tomorrow the tenure you got today as 170days if still available will become 169days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
silentone:
Thanks a lot.. I got debitted and I found that I was given an interest of 11.06% as against the 14.15. I went to complain, and the account officer said they had technical issues that the rate I was given was for 275 days.. So I said why didn't you call me?? Instead they now invested my funds at 11.06% for 275 days.. I told the lady straight up that I can't go with the rate.. She then told me they would try to rectify it but I have the option of liquidating or allow her try to rectify it.. Am like so what happens to the safe keeping fee and transaction fee that was debited and she couldn't answer but she begged to give her till tomorrow to try sort things out.. So confused right now.. What can I do please?? So I liquidate??

Some account officer can be careless sha.... No professionalism.

Guru in the house will advise you better

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2019
Hello house,What do you think the projected interest rate of TB will be next month especially it being the month of election l??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:28am On Jan 16, 2019
Today's exercise should give us a better perspective of that.

Adiwana:
Hello house,What do you think the projected interest rate of TB will be next month especially it being the month of election l??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 4:36am On Jan 16, 2019
Please I need advise.
silentone:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 6:42am On Jan 16, 2019
silentone:
Please I need advise.
I think its better u liquidate bro, then re-invest.
If u liquidate early now, u lose ur upfront interest, worst case is dat u lose little part of ur capital, but u will gain ur full capital n more interest back if u re-invest at a larger interest rate.
Liquidate ur investment den mk inquiries abt d available tenors n rates, do ur calculations to choose d best rate n tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2019
silentone:
Thanks a lot.. I got debited and I found that I was given an interest of 11.06% as against the 14.15. I went to complain, and the account officer said they had technical issues that the rate I was given was for 275 days.. So I said why didn't you call me?? Instead they now invested my funds at 11.06% for 275 days.. I told the lady straight up that I can't go with the rate.. She then told me they would try to rectify it but I have the option of liquidating or allow her try to rectify it.. Am like so what happens to the safe keeping fee and transaction fee that was debited and she couldn't answer but she begged to give her till tomorrow to try sort things out.. So confused right now.. What can I do please?? So I liquidate??

Human error do happen sometimes. The difficulty there is knowing if it was actually an honest mistake or mischief from a dishonest staff. That I can't say. For the liquidation, the one time I tried it in a situation similar but not same as yours I lost a little from my capital. I related it in one of my post above. So if you don't mind that, you can go with that.

However, I will say that since she asked you to give her till tomorrow to sort out things, tomorrow is already here and I assume since you did not indicate that you asked her to liquidate before leaving she would try and rectify it. You can check her today to see if she has rectified it first before going for the other option if she did not.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2019
Thanks a lot Sir, I would wait till the end of today to see if it has been rectified before make any decision
freeman67:

Human error do happen sometimes. The difficulty there is knowing if it was actually an honest mistake or mischief from a dishonest staff. That I can't say. For the liquidation, the one time I tried it in a situation similar but not same as yours I lost a little from my capital. I related it in one of my post above. So if you don't mind that, you can go with that.

However, I will say that since she asked you to give her till tomorrow to sort out things, tomorrow is already here and I assume since you did not indicate that you asked her to liquidate before leaving she would try and rectify it. You can check her today to see if she has rectified it first before going for the other option if she did not.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by festusbiz(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2019
Gud morning everyone. I would like to invest in the treasury billa. Pls. I need enlightenment on how to go about it. I have read tru this tread but still dont understand at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silentone: 8:04am On Jan 16, 2019
OK.. I really appreciate your advise.. Besides am a lady.. smiley
Ikmontana1:
I think its better u liquidate bro, then re-invest.
If u liquidate early now, u lose ur upfront interest, worst case is dat u lose little part of ur capital, but u will gain ur full capital n more interest back if u re-invest at a larger interest rate.
Liquidate ur investment den mk inquiries abt d available tenors n rates, do ur calculations to choose d best rate n tenor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hero2t and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.