Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436797 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Tb vs land ....i bought a land for 1.5 m put it for sale within 6 month to expirement which one was better (I have long suspected land bussiness was luck and speculative ) it now 2 years about to close deal for 1.8 m ....i have closed sale for .1.9m but buyer didn't pay ....but now 1.8 buyer yet to pay but 90 percent certain...profit is 300 k after 2 years...if I invested same in tb at 13 percent year 1 and 14.5 percent year 2 it will amount to...1.940 m .....profit is 440 k
.....but if I did more aggressive marketing I could have sold 2 m...and if I was smart I would have rent it out for 40 k per anum...
well, land business is not just any land. It has to be a good location. I bought land for 3m and sold it 5m with abeg within a year.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
well, land business is not just any land. It has to be a good location. I bought land for 3m and sold it 5m with abeg within a year.
that the speculative part ....very unpredictable...if 1.5 was sold with 6 month at .1.8m the return is around 40 percent against 15 treasury bills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
that the speculative part ....very unpredictable...if 1.5 was sold with 6 month at .1.8m the return is around 40 percent against 15 treasury bills

I rather even buy Equity than land. Liquidity is key.

Some people think they can always sell land higher than the price they got it as, well, life can be funny.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
buying and selling of land is an actual business, you cannot really predict. Sometimes, you make a killing, sometimes you don't.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
It not any land it habitable and in a built up area if I build a 3 bedroom on it can be rented for 450 k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Tb vs land ....i bought a land for 1.5 m put it for sale within 6 month to expirement which one was better (I have long suspected land bussiness was luck and speculative ) it now 2 years about to close deal for 1.8 m ....i have closed sale for .1.9m but buyer didn't pay ....but now 1.8 buyer yet to pay but 90 percent certain...profit is 300 k after 2 years...if I invested same in tb at 13 percent year 1 and 14.5 percent year 2 it will amount to...1.940 m .....profit is 440 k
.....but if I did more aggressive marketing I could have sold 2 m...and if I was smart I would have rent it out for 40 k per anum...

You are even lucky, I bought one not knowing it was in dispute between two communities , it's abt 5yrs now the bush has become thicker and the price the same as i bought it cos no one goes close to that area. My only hope to sell with a profit is if I find a total novice like I was back then.

Land business is speculation.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cybertek(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
zamirikpo:

You are even lucky, I bought one not knowing it was in dispute between two communities , it's abt 5yrs now the bush has become thicker and the price the same as i bought it cos no one goes close to that area. My only hope to sell with a profit is if I find a total novice like I was back then.

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
zamirikpo:

Your own is even better that they are pricing the same amount that you bought it. I bought a land for my brother who is in Senegal in 2013 for 1.3m and also bought land of my own in that same area, when my brother wanted to relocate to Germany, hmmmmm, it was a mess, we couldn't even see a buyer for 800k. This is now 2019 and yet we couldn't still get a buyer for ordinary 1m.

There was a place I bought at owerri for 10m in 2017 and as I speak, I hav got a buyer for 15m even though I didnt wanna sell. Land biz na 50:50 thing

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OvaSabi1(f): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
I can imagine, waiting for primary market when the rates are unpredictable is not worth it, my losses is about N200k due to human error (very bad), you just watch your resources sink and nothing is done about it.

Please can you explain the nature of the human error that caused the loss?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:13am On Mar 03, 2019
Please my big bosses,
someone is lurering me to quit my small job that am using to build my T-bills portfolio and go into gas reselling.

please, does anyone have idea on the viability of gas retail biz?

thank you

P.S.: i read somewhere online that DPR will soon stop cylinder to cylinder retailers and that is a serious red flag for me. What do you think?

cc
feelamong
needful
zamirikpo
ahiboilandgas
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2019
RealityShot:
Please my big bosses,
someone is lurering me to quit my small job that am using to build my T-bills portfolio and go into gas reselling.

thank you

P.S.: i read somewhere online that DPR will soon stop cylinder to cylinder retailers and that is a serious red flag for me. What do you think?

cc
feelamong
needful
zamirikpo
ahiboilandgas
as in gas depot
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:35am On Mar 03, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
as in gas depot
yes.. but the mini/shop type
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:41am On Mar 03, 2019
RealityShot:
yes..
but the mini/shop type
I don't have much details ,only few some people buy from nipco then transport using gas truck to their gas station,within Neigbour then resell in smaller cylinders ..the profit us around 200 naira per 12 .5 kg for the end retailers ..while the main cash is in the hauglage and bulk dealer but it cost over 10m to setup.....any thing energy is continues demand ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akinola98: 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

As someone said
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!
is what u consider when u buy land for investment/sale

From my personal experience :
I bought a plot of land in a dense area in 2017 for 21 million naira resold 14 months later for 43M while I bought in a less developed area ( same zone o ) for 1.5M and am still struggling to sell for 2M two years afterwards .... so land could give u a good ROI depending on where u invested moreover as an investor u should diversify your holdings ... it should not only be on fixed income investments like TB, MMF etc ....my 2cents
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
akinola98:

As someone said

I bought a plot of land in a dense area in 2017 for 21 million naira resold 14 months later for 43M while I bought in a less developed area ( same zone o ) for 1.5M and am still struggling to sell for 2M two years afterwards .... so land could give u a good ROI depending on where u invested moreover as an investor u should diversify your holdings ... it should not only be on fixed income investments like TB, MMF etc ....my 2cents

That's what I am trying to do.... Apart from tb and mmf I
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
akinola98:

As someone said

You are very correct.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
I don't have much details ,only few some people buy from nipco then transport using gas truck to their gas station,within Neigbour then resell in smaller cylinders ..the profit us around 200 naira per 12 .5 kg for the end retailers ..while the main cash is in the hauglage and bulk dealer but it cost over 10m to setup.....any thing energy is continues demand ....
thank you very much! I really appreciate this info.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
akinola98:

As someone said

the area is a develop,not in Lagos infact it in between two houses and 5 houses from the main road ...i think the problem lie in potential resident (buyer) financial strengths..i think I will be targeting upper middle class and middle class and abandon upper lower class ...i will still try again ...i have sold for 1.8 after 2 years of buying for 1.5 .....my friend in become wealthy through land ,build and sale
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
akinola98:

As someone said

your return is almost 50 percent ...choi......tb 14.5

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by slimderek(m): 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hello Guys

Where can one get Tbillz
And how much is the minimum.
I’m asking for myself

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Zero risk in Tbills coupled with liquidity.

You were merely lucky to have gotten a buyer fast, lucky to have escaped land grabbers, land sold to 2 or more persons thus leading to protracted law suits and other attendant issues associated with land.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
Akin3891:
Settled for 13.9 -363days with Firstbank this morning, waiting till March 13 will cost me dearly, besides stop rate for upcoming auctions might not be more than 14.2 as most banks failed in their 364 days bids, hence those funds will try to find their way back in next primary which i think cld drop rate further. Gosh, i cant believe i settled for 13.9 when i have been eyeing 14.8, i just lost 500k plus, pretty bad. Not happy. Good luck to everyone , see u nxt year March .God willing
That's in the region of 50m.

Twale sir!!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

Zero risk in Tbills coupled with liquidity.

You were merely lucky to have gotten a buyer fast, lucky to have escaped land grabbers, land sold to 2 or more persons thus leading to protracted law suits and other attendant issues associated with land.

man, you can't be comparing tbills with business. Everyone can't be salary earner. You must make money somewhere to invest in tbills.

In business, The risk is high but so is the interest when it's successful. There are people who have made billions of Naira in real estate. There are also people who are still bitting their finger after losing big time!

If you tell some business men to come put their millions in tbills and get 15% yearly, they might insult you because that same money fetch them upto 200% pure profit! in their business.

Why did you think kidnapper like Evans targeted business men? And some of them paid upto $1.5m before they were set free.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hazel01(f): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
hello everyone, do I need a current account before I can sign up for the treasury bills thingy, and I am seeing a secondary rate of 12.5% for 181 days in GTB here, does this mean my interest would be the 12.5% or would be lesser? I am planning to invest #500k for 181 days......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Speedyconnect15: 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
man, you can't be comparing tbills with business. Everyone can't be salary earner. You must make money somewhere to invest in tbills.

In business, The risk is high but so is the interest when it's successful. There are people who have made billions of Naira in real estate. There are also people who are still bitting their finger after losing big time!

If you tell some business men to come put their millions in tbills and get 15% yearly, they might insult you because that same money fetch them upto 200% pure profit! in their business.

Why did you think kidnapper like Evans targeted business men? And some of them paid upto $1.5m before they were set free.

We weren't talking about business generally. We were talking about land or its flipping.
Go back to the various instances and advantages of Tbills cited.

Mind you, preservation of capital is paramount in business.

The higher the risk, higher the reward, that's elementary.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
RealityShot:
Please my big bosses,

thank you

cc
feelamong
needful
zamirikpo
ahiboilandgas

Well, I would never advice anyone to leave an assured source of income for a speculative increase in income.

My advice would be to find a trustworthy person to manage the new venture.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

We weren't talking about business generally. We were talking about land or its flipping.
Go back to the various instances and advantages of Tbills cited.

Mind you, preservation of capital is paramount in business.

The higher the risk, higher the reward, that's elementary.
Buying and selling of land is a business. Real estate!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dmniq(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
flexyrule:
You don't comprehend because you don't read. You can't learn because you're RUDE.
Enjoy the honor I gave you with my mentions.
Am done playing with a swine. I need a wash!

... and you're here looking for potential clients. Wow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Buying a land in a developed place is always at risk because u dont even know if u are buying already sold lands or new land and pls dont tell me to buy with a lawyer because those lawyers are also looking for a case to make money off u.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
needful:

Buying a land in a developed place is always at risk because u dont even know if u are buying already sold lands or new land and pls dont tell me to buy with a lawyer because those lawyers are also looking for a case to make money off u.
buying and selling of land just like other businesses is not something you just wake up one morning and venture into. You have to learn it!

I have been buying and selling lands for 3years now. And I have never for once get into any issues or make a loss.

1) I use a lawyer to check everything. I only buy if he gives me the go ahead. He charge 50k for the service and does a fantastic job.

2) I only buy lands close to the road.

I'm into different businesses. Before going into any business, I take my time to do research and read alot about it. I have always been successful.

I read alot of this lawyer's post about land https://www.nairaland.com/lawyer here on nairaland same way I read this tbills thread from page 1 to the last page before I started investing in tbills.

The bottom line is, tbills is good. I do it too. It's another way of adding to my stream of income but I can't quit any of my businesses. I make far more profit from my businesses and it is almost impossible for me to make a loss due to my experience in it. Tbills is a plus.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 12:22am On Mar 04, 2019
zamirikpo:

Well, I would never advice anyone to leave an assured source of income for a speculative increase in income.

My advice would be to find a trustworthy person to manage the new venture.
that is great.
thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 12:28am On Mar 04, 2019
hazel01:
hello everyone, do I need a current account before I can sign up for the treasury bills thingy, and I am seeing a secondary rate of 12.5% for 181 days in GTB here, does this mean my interest would be the 12.5% or would be lesser? I am planning to invest #500k for 181 days......
you will get about 6.25% interest.
that is 12.5/2 or 30k

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Donsheddy, deept(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.