Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441870 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2019
Thisnut:
1 usd is about 1,137 korean won and south korea economy is one of the best in the world. Adding or removing zero has nothing to do with inflation. My humble logomachy, logomachy without logopartial
Correct!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
wow!
I have learned something today. Thanks.

Uwc.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
What is the exchange rate for the Cedi per US dollar? Do you have to preach a long sermon just to state how much one currency exchanges for another? Fuckeduppedness I have observed that any time Nigerians talk about the Cedi, they are very quick to bring in the redonimation factor. If someone comes to you and asks for the current exchange rate per the Ghana cedi and US dollar, a typical nigerian will go like this..... Ghanaians redominated their currency bla bla bla... grin Fuckeduppedness

Nigeria should simply redominate it’s currency and stop acting so childishly grin

And your point is?

I simply explained why 60+ naira was a cedi. The fact still remains the naira is stronger. There are currencies out there that even the almighty USD is needed a little bit more of to get 1. It doesn't makes those currencies stronger than the USD.

We are all mature people here, and I never attacked anyone or nationality. I wonder what all the fuss is about. I have not stated anything that is not a fact.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by konklushun(f): 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please who can someone share the Q2 calendar for the primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
I really want to thank all the financial educators in this forum, you guys are priceless. I once met my account officer to educate me a bit on how best to invest my money, little did I know that her bank manager almost gave her a resignation letter for giving me too much info on investments. I am completely convinced that banks makes their huge profits from the financial ignorance of the masses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
The last two treasury bill transactions are really disappointing. I spoke with my account officer to find out why the rates have suddenly dropped from what they were in January of this year, he simply said 'over-subscription.' The greater the cash inflow, the more likely CBN will offer lower stop rate. Using 'buyers's Market' as an example in real estate, more available houses on the market means home-buyers enjoy bargaining power, and the seller is willing to sell for less than the asking price. CBN is the consumer in the case willing to offer less rate because too many people(many available homes) are subscribing. Many of us, if not all would prefer the seller's market where the reverse is the case... but let's not give up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PetroDollaxx: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2019
I didn’t attack you. Did I? All I am saying is that when it comes to currency exchange rate issues, there are no sentiments attached! Just state it as it is and let people draw their own conclusions. It’s not the first time I have seen a Nigerian on nairaland refer to redonimation per Ghana’s currency and the naira or USD. In my opinion such sentiments are needless.

If I ask you about the Japanese yen for example, will you start telling me about how the yen was redominated and all the history pertaining to the Yen? I doubt. I don’t give a fvck which currency is stronger, which currency is weaker and all the crap! There is more to the performance of a national economy than whether your currency is stronger or weaker or whatever. Some countries deliberately keep their currency's exchange rate articially high, for political reasons. I believe you are sufficiently informed to know the key ingredient is the stability of the currency. Most of the other indicators, particularly the “strength” of a currency may not be very important, in my opinion.

I hope you are aware there already speculations that the naira is overvalued and there is a real possibility it could fall to 600 or even 800 naira to the US dollar soon?

GonFreecss1:

And your point is?

I simply explained why 60+ naira was a cedi. The fact still remains the naira is stronger. There are currencies out there that even the almighty USD is needed a little bit more of to get 1. It doesn't makes those currencies stronger than the USD.

We are all mature people here, and I never attacked anyone or nationality. I wonder what all the fuss is about. I have not stated anything that is not a fact.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PetroDollaxx: 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
Look, I have stated my position clearly in my reaction to the previous post. And who is talking about the Ghana Cedi being stronger than the Japanese yen? Or where did I say the Ghanaian economy is better than that of Japan? Don’t put words in my mouth. I know what I said!

Agbaletu:

I don't think you understand the post you quoted.
As at today 111.28 Japanese Yen is equal to 1 USD, while 5.6 Cedi is equal to 1 USD
Is Ghana Cedi stronger than Japanese Yen?
Is Ghana economy better than that of Japan?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
Look, I have stated my position clearly in my reaction to the previous post. And who is talking about the Ghana Cedi being stronger than the Japanese yen? Or where did I say the Ghanaian economy is better than that of Japan? Don’t put words in my mouth. I know what I said!

You are sounding too emotional over nothing.
The guy has stated the obvious things.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PetroDollaxx: 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2019
Emotional? grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Stop talking rubbish. What did the guy state? You sound as confused as him! Read my post very well, and learn a thing or two. Fuckeduppedness

Agbaletu:

You are sounding too emotional over nothing.
The guy has stated the obvious things.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
I didn’t attack you. Did I? All I am saying is that when it comes to currency exchange rate issues, there are no sentiments attached! Just state it as it is and let people draw their own conclusions. It’s not the first time I have seen a Nigerian on nairaland refer to redonimation per Ghana’s currency and the naira or USD. In my opinion such sentiments are needless.

If I ask you about the Japanese yen for example, will you start telling me about how the yen was redominated and all the history pertaining to the Yen? I doubt. I don’t give a fvck which currency is stronger, which currency is weaker and all the crap! There is more to the performance of a national economy than whether your currency is stronger or weaker or whatever. Some countries deliberately keep their currency's exchange rate articially high, for political reasons. I believe you are sufficiently informed to know the key ingredient is the stability of the currency. Most of the other indicators, particularly the “strength” of a currency may not be very important, in my opinion.

I hope you are aware there already speculations that the naira is overvalued and there is a real possibility it could fall to 600 or even 800 naira to the US dollar soon?

It is obvious already how you feel.

By how you sound. We can all see what is doing you. You have taken it personal. What I decide to say to someone else is not your business. I did not tell a lie, I said my facts if you have a problem with my facts then we can go to court, but don't quote me telling me how to tell people things. I don't care who has said what in the past about the Ghanaian currency.

It's also obvious you have a prejudice as your point about the Nigerian Naira came up. You are talking to the choir, I have been one of those warning people about the Nigerian naira for a while now, but I can't say the naira will fall soon. Because I understand the policies that currently govern the naira, and I won't waste my time explaining. I also won't waste my time explaining the only problem that can make the naira even drop to levels of 370 naira to a USD, but 600-800? Good luck waiting for that with the current economic parameters.

What I can deduce from you is you think this is a Nigerian currency vs Ghanaian currency talk. You obviously don't know me. I am here to make money and enlighten others and learn from them too at the same time. I have learnt enough about you already.

I repeat, if you have a problem with my facts then let's go to court, but so far I was not addressing you. Do not tell me what to tell others. Thank you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
Emotional? grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Stop talking rubbish. What did the guy state? You sound as confused as him! Read my post very well, and learn a thing or two. Fuckeduppedness

Lol.
This thread is not for Naira vs Cedi.
Again, stop being emotional!

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
Agbaletu:

Lol.

Thank you very much.

People only want to attack and attack without calming down to look around.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2019
We should be talking on how to tackle this over subscription and rate fall

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
We should be talking on how to tackle this over subscription and rate fall

What do we do?

Primary market bid failed today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
yomi007k:

What do we do?

Primary market bid failed today.

Diversify, but I will continue till 364 days gets to 8% that's because I consider it as saving and not investment.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 12:35am On Mar 15, 2019
konklushun:
Please who can someone share the Q2 calendar for the primary market

Here you go...

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 2:39am On Mar 15, 2019
DEGREE2466:

At present, there's no safer investment in Nigeria than treasury bills
hmm... Business men will soon eat you for saying that O!

nothing beats TURNOVER

TBILLS turnover rate is too long ONE YEAR
businesses can turnover in A WEEK

cement is a safe investment as many other non perishable commodities in Nigeria

our population is just TOO MUCH

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 3:58am On Mar 15, 2019
This Tbill stuff. Just started yesterday. GTB debited me 97, 344.79 for 90 days. How do I determine what interest rate they offered? P = ₦100,000
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 15, 2019
luvly4luv:
This Tbill stuff. Just started yesterday. GTB debited me 97, 344.79 for 90 days. How do I determine what interest rate they offered? P = ₦100,000

I = (100,000 - 97,344.79) = N2,655.21

I = PxR/100xT/364

2,655.21 = 100,000xR/100x90/364

R = 2,655.21/247.25

R = 10.74%

Please note that this value is approximate, but the rate you received is within my calculation. Fellow gurus may verify!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 4:28am On Mar 15, 2019
100,000 - 97,344 = 2656.
2656 / 100,000 = 0.02656 x 100% = 2.6 x 4 quaters = 10.62 %.

You owe me one bottle of beer.

luvly4luv:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ourown(m): 6:27am On Mar 15, 2019
I dropped my filled TB form at zenith Bank since Tuesday, till now I haven't heard anything from them. No debit nor credit alert, Is this normal? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by konklushun(f): 7:30am On Mar 15, 2019
skydiver01:

Here you go...

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2019
RealityShot:

hmm... Business men will soon eat you for saying that O!

nothing beats TURNOVER

TBILLS turnover rate is too long ONE YEAR

businesses can turnover in A WEEK

cement is a safe investment
as many other non perishable commodities in Nigeria

our population is just TOO MUCH
that if u know u know....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2019
Interest rates fall further as portfolio investors flood market
…CBN auctions N89.5bn T-Bills at 10.75%-12.84%…Oversubscribed by N200.17bn

https://businessday.ng/exclusives/article/interest-rates-fall-further-as-portfolio-investors-flood-market/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PetroDollaxx: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2019
That is the problem with you Nigerians. You don’t want to accept the truth. cool
Isn’t this thread about treasury bills in Nigeria? How did Ghana come into the discussion?
Agbaletu:

Lol.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2019
PetroDollaxx:
That is the problem with you Nigerians. You don’t want to accept the truth. cool
Isn’t this thread about treasury bills in Nigeria? How did Ghana come into the discussion?
Are all Ghanaians like you? If yes, I won't dignify you with any response again. Ghana and Nigeria should not even be mentioned in the same sentence in any form.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2019
PetroDollaxx:

The answer to your question is in the original post by GonFreecss1, read in-between the line, slooooowly

GonFreecss1:
Those of you who were planning to go and buy Treasury Bills from Ghana, lol! I hope you didn't do it?

Their currency had a sharp drop today and became one of the, if not the cheapest currency in Africa. Stick with the demon you know!

Whatever your interest or obsession with Ghana is, is your problem. That being said, enough of the Ghana nonsense from you. So stop derailing the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:38am On Mar 15, 2019
234ng44uk:

The answer to your question is in the original post by GonFreecss1, read in-between the line, slooooowly

Whatever your interest or obsession is with Ghana is your problem. That being said, enough of the Ghana nonsense from you. So stop derailing the thread.
Don't mind the troll.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiswag(f): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2019
U guyz pls lets all be civil here and not derail dz awesome thread.

Neways todays stanbic rates,sec markt
48days - 9.6%
237days-12.4%
342days-12.15%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 11:29am On Mar 15, 2019
PetroDollaxx:

This petro guy seems to have hate issue with Nigerians, n i think u r the type n u sound just like one that will make life of Nigerians living in Ghana hell, if given the slightest chance. You didn't even know what brought about the cedi talk, you just dived in like a Ghanaian soldiers trying to safe his country from sinking. We are discussing investments here not politics. Show me how i can make legit money in Ghana and i show u mine, then we all become richer,this is how we roll here.. NOT :my country is this n urs is dat,who that one epp? Baby talk

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2019
bisiswag:
U guyz pls lets all be civil here and not derail dz awesome thread.

Neways todays stanbic rates,sec markt
48days - 9.6%
237days-12.4%
342days-12.15%

Rates going south now because na we dey rush CBN. By the time budget is passed, na CBN go dey rush us and rates will look north once more. Happy days are ahead. We all should not be faint hearted. If we were there at 10%, no shaking now, we will weather the storm.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.