Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439563 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ourown(m): 10:07am On Mar 16, 2019
Donbrig:
I bought 364days treasury bill in primary market with Zenith bank in the last auction, I am yet to know if they were successful or not. No debit, no info on the transaction if successful or not. Please, did anyone in same situation or have experienced such situation with Zenith before and what could be the problem. Advice needed, thanks.

I experienced the same, I dropped a form last Tuesday buh didn't hear from them till yesterday when I contacted them on twitter, the twitter support got across to my account officer. The account officer called me and informed me that there was no 364 days offer in the primary market and that was why I haven't been debited and they can only offer me a rate for a secondary market. I later optioned for 11.9% for 335 days with their secondary market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2019
234ng44uk:

I laugh in Chinese. The more money you have, the more greedy you become. By greed I don't mean investment recklessness, just a tendency to want to make more money. You'll always have the next target, and the next, and another next. I'm yet to see anyone with good financial worth crying that he's making too much profit.
There are some of us who are able to priotise overall benefit above our quest for more.

While what you've stated is true of the typical human nature, some people have a refined version of it.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2019
234ng44uk:

I laugh in Chinese. The more money you have, the more greedy you become. By greed I don't mean investment recklessness, just a tendency to want to make more money. You'll always have the next target, and the next, and another next. I'm yet to see anyone with good financial worth crying that he's making too much profit.

yes ooo very correct in those days when i started with 100k i was was eyeing 1m from 1m i was eyeing 10m that it would be fine for me, i got the 10m i then switched to 15m then i have started looking at how to get 20m by year end. The truth is, only death that can put an end to human greed. But i make sure am ok with whatever i have while pursuing the next target

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:18am On Mar 16, 2019
aremso:

yes ooo very correct in those days when i started with 100k i was was eyeing 1m from 1m i was eyeing 10m that it would be fine for me, i got the 10m i then switched to 15m then i have started looking at how to get 20m by year end. The truth is, only death that can put an end to human greed. But i make sure am ok with whatever i have while pursuing the next target
Asides the fact that I hate complacency, I'd be fine even if I had less. For instance, if I was to choose between being a pastor with 50k monthly pay, and being a consultant with 18million per annum, I'd take being a pastor without thinking twice.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Asides the fact that I hate complacency, I'd be fine even if I had less. For instance, if I was to choose between being a pastor with 50k monthly pay, and being a consultant with 18million per annum, I'd take being a pastor without thinking twice.
You can't be serious, Bros.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2019
234ng44uk:

Always have a planned target and don't be in a haste to surpass your target. Rules of life. Always leave it for others, don't strive to be the greatest, be comfortable because it's hotter up there and real happiness is elusive up there. My target is 10m naira monthly. Anything more than that is the system that adds it and not me working or even thinking of how to top it up. It's called the inverse law of insatiable or law of contentment. Social Engineering.
N/B: social engineering is my compilations of engineering laws and social science intersections. Don't go bothering your head on Google. If in doubt ask me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2019
Agbaletu:

You can't be serious, Bros.
Super serious. That's why I'm trying to put enough assets in place, cos i'll be retiring under 40 to go full time. All things being equal, earnings will yet be on a constant rise.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Ha hope you are not eyeing the offering?

grin just joking

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
Agbaletu:

You are right about never been contented when one is
making money. You will always want to make more regardless of the state of the economy.
An Igbo proverb says "No one goes to the oracle to find out why he is doing well in life"

Love ur proverb, funny but truth. I always tell my wife, when i hit this figure, i will relax n just enjoy my money, I've hit target over n over again but i never stop working ,rarely take holidays, my mind is always occupied n hungry, writing down one business ideas or another, you never know where the next inspiration is coming from, so you got to keep the mind open n at alert always . may God bless our hustle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
Amebo123:

Ha hope you are not eyeing the offering?

grin just joking

U guys will not kill me with laugh oo. 600k over 18 mils annually. ImpossiCANT.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
Akin3891:

Love ur proverb, funny but truth. I always tell my wife, when i hit this figure, i will relax n just enjoy my money, I've hit target over n over again but i never stop working ,rarely take holidays, my mind is always occupied n hungry, writing down one business ideas or another, you never know where the next inspiration is coming from, so you got to keep the mind open n at alert always . may God bless our hustle.

If you continue like this then you will find it very hard to retire. At a certain age you start making money at direct risk of your life span. For me, it's the older with good health the merrier. Life is from crawling to crawling. The more you stress the 2nd crawling the shorter you last. If you insist on making all the available money then you do so at the expense of your life. Those who retire early live longer. Quit early to have a fun filled 2nd crawling

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Akin3891:

U guys will not kill me with laugh oo. 600k over 18 mils annually. ImpossiCANT.
But it's true.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdetonaDami(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nnamz:

I'm 25 now with 27 million. I'm planning to retire at 30 and watch my hopefully hundreds of millions work for me. I have a steady very high paying job so I don't have to touch my tbills till I'm 30 cool

Can I borrow money ?
Just 2million so as to level up with your age.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by diamond88: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nnamz:

I'm 25 now with 27 million. I'm planning to retire at 30 and watch my hopefully hundreds of millions work for me. I have a steady very high paying job so I don't have to touch my tbills till I'm 30 cool

Wow Bros what kind of job are you into? I am underemployed here and I am just managing my life.... If I have half what you had, I would retire now coz I am in my early 30s. If you can link me to the next level I don't mind. You might just be the human angel
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2019
Barrytone:

If you continue like this then you will find it very hard to retire. At a certain age you start making money at direct risk of your life span. For me, it's the older with good health the merrier. Life is from crawling to crawling. The more you stress the 2nd crawling the shorter you last. If you insist on making all the available money then you do so at the expense of your life. Those who retire early live longer. Quit early to have a fun filled 2nd crawling

Yes, you have a point but the fact is I'm still young. A yearning target for a 60 yrs old man might just be a starting point for a 40 yrs old man. We r all wired differently n Our thoughts n desires differs , the fact that mr A retire at 40 doesn't make him to be more healthy n happy than that of mr B who retire at 55. Body is meant to function moderately in order to keep fit n lively, n sometimes making money makes u happy regardless of age. A man that retire at 40, eat n drink beer like there is no tomorrow may die b4 an active man in his 60s. Work differs also, ask a bricklayer that makes use of his body energy all his life n a director that seat in a comfortable chair abt when best to retire, guess the answer.in briefs, we should all know our strength n limits

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
HeliosHay:
Is it really worth it for someone outside of Nigeria to invest in T-Bill considering the Foreign exchange risk?
the money market abroad is not encouraging that's why. I have somebody who lives in Canada and left his retirement money (N200m) in Nigeria Tbill. He takes the interest every year to buy house in Canada (down payment).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
aremso:

bro, with your life style you will never retire. Just like my old man, the dude worked his entire life in the quest to make more. For me, i just need some raw cash then I'll retire from salary job and just let the money work itself while i be on my couch, so long the money is enough to push me through my day.
One thing i have come to realize is content and my goal is to retire no later than 2020 by then I'll be 30. Currently, i can't afford that luxury because i still need to settle with some outstanding debt.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Maybe not as low as 2% though.
How about we weigh the pros and cons of having low rates on T-bills:

pros:
1. Lower debt service cost to the FG. Implying a lesser debt burden.
2. Lower finance cost to the CBN (OMO sales) implying more profits.
3. Lower amount of new cash created. CBN sold about 17 trn in OMO sales last year at an average YIELD of about 15%. That alone created 2.5 trillion of new money in the system. lower yields would imply lower amount created and then lower tendencies for high inflation.

4. Increased lending to the real sector, stimulating real sector growth and creating jobs. More ventures having access to finance also mean more industry competition. This has a positive effect on price stability and healthy inflation levels.

5-10: I RAN OUT, SO GUYS ADD YOURS!

CONS.
1. FPIs and banks are no longer much attracted. This makes
it harder to achieve exchange rate stability, especially given the current fundamentals of the economy most notably our high import dependence and low oil prices.

2. Lower or negative real returns to money manager and pension funds. This puts the survival of such industries at risk. Most pension funds in the country are heavily dependent of juicy interest earnings. same with those of us who get a substantial portion of our earnings as interest income.

3-10: ADD PLEASE!

so my biased opinion is that rates should stay at the 15% levels. 18% was desperate! But objectively, If reserves can climb up to $100bn dollars-enough to cover say 30months of imports, I'd say 8-12% is perfect.
I don't think that will be the case. Bad leadership would embezzle the excess money thereby leaving us the same way we are. The problem with our country is leadership not interest rate nor inflation.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2019
diamond88:

Wow Bros what kind of job are you into? I am underemployed here and I am just managing my life.... If I have half what you had, I would retire now coz I am in my early 30s. If you can link me to the next level I don't mind. You might just be the human angel

That guy no dey naija sha.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 6:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
igbizen:

the money market abroad is not encouraging that's why. I have somebody who lives in Canada and left his retirement money (N200m) in Nigeria Tbill. He takes the interest every year to buy house in Canada (down payment).

Impressive! that's a clever strategy...but to be fair I imagine not many people have that much to invest in TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nnamz:

I envy you, at 25 I was still getting upkeep from my parents. Made first million at 35yrs and am 42yrs now and hoping to retire at 50/55

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
To my fellow investors, i wish you all the best, ori olori oni ko'ere ise wa ooo. Amin!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Sholapey:
We're on the same line...You're my kind of person! I'm a female, 37 year old now with 54 million in ntb and a property worth 70 million am planning to retire by the time am 40 years old by God's grace. I thank God for all he has done for me. I started working at the age of 17y and i got a part time admission to study business administration and left Nigeria to uk @the age of 20y after my OND. Because my aim was to break the backbone of poverty without using my body. Luckily for me, i was able to get a 9am-4pm retail job few weeks after i arrived and later got an additional cleaning job part time of 5pm-7pm mon-fri and pękę job on Saturday. I have only Sundays to rest after church services, i was able to build a rented apartment at age of 24y and rented all out and i have been diversifying my investment with the help of God on my side. Now, am married with kids, i could not work like i used to because of my kids but i have my hard earn money working for me.
This is not to show off but to motivate young once out there, that you can be anything if you want only if you set your mind at it. And to change the mindset of some people who always think only their body can get them what they want. Hell no! Ohun ti a ko ba jiya fun kin pę lòwó, ohun ti a ba sisę fun lohun pę lòwó èni...ma'fowuro sere òremi, isé ni afin déni giga. To my fellow investors, i wish you all best, ori olori oni ko'ere ise wa ooo. Amin�

Wooow! ride on. That's impressive.

Personally, my aim is to become a naira billionaire by 40 and I see TB, Real Estate and E-commerce Business as the vehicle of choice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lilee2hot(f): 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2019
234ng44uk:

na so my brother. 9 years ago, I always prayed to God to just give me a little money(100k is even OK). But immediately my eyes opened to money and I knew how powerful money is, I started craving for more. IN Short, Money is like Women, no matter how pretty you girl is, u will still want a prettier one.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Wow! we really have lots of multimillionaires in this thread ohhh. For those who wants to retire at the age of 30, it is not normal to retire at the age of 30, you won't have any story to tell the young aspiring ones. One could dream of retirement as from 45yrs and above.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
igbizen:

I don't think that will be the case. Bad leadership would embezzle the excess money thereby leaving us the same way we are. The problem with our country is leadership not interest rate nor inflation.
This is what I say to comfort myself that rates should stay at 15%. Cos I know that even if debt service cost reduces to 1trn, it would mostly just mean more funds to loot. So it's better the funds come to us investors.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
Donbrig:
Wow! we really have lots of multimillionaires in this thread ohhh. For those who wants to retire at the age of 30, it is not normal to retire at the age of 30you won't have any story to tell the young aspiring ones. One could dream of retirement as from 45yrs and above.
my initial plan was 40 but now is 30 by 2020. things moved faster than i anticipated. Last year i made +-30m naira but invested most of it on real estate and even got myself in debt of about 7m naira just to finish up some stuffs(good debt) got the loan on a zero percent for the first year and 10.7 Percent afterward from my bank. My plan is to pay that up and raise some good capital to the one i already have and just let it work slowly for me like buhari. Lol
I'd never be like my dad, that guy work till 2005 and died 2008 @ 96. Yes he had me when he was old. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
Barrytone:

I envy you, at 25 I was still getting upkeep from my parents. Made first million at 35yrs and am 42yrs now and hoping to retire at 50/55
I hope it won't be just golf you'll be playing o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
Sholapey:
We're on the same line...You're my kind of person! I'm a female, 37 year old now with 54 million in ntb and a property worth 70 million am planning to retire by the time am 40 years old by God's grace. I thank God for all he has done for me. I started working at the age of 17y and i got a part time admission to study business administration and left Nigeria to uk @the age of 20y after my OND. Because my aim was to break the backbone of poverty without using my body. Luckily for me, i was able to get a 9am-4pm retail job few weeks after i arrived and later got an additional cleaning job part time of 5pm-7pm mon-fri and pękę job on Saturday. I have only Sundays to rest after church services, i was able to build a rented apartment at age of 24y and rented all out and i have been diversifying my investment with the help of God on my side. Now, am married with kids, i could not work like i used to because of my kids but i have my hard earn money working for me.
This is not to show off but to motivate young once out there, that you can be anything if you want only if you set your mind at it. And to change the mindset of some people who always think only their body can get them what they want. Hell no! Ohun ti a ko ba jiya fun kin pę lòwó, ohun ti a ba sisę fun lohun pę lòwó èni...ma'fowuro sere òremi, isé ni afin déni giga. To my fellow investors, i wish you all best, ori olori oni ko'ere ise wa ooo. Amin�
Beautiful!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.