Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4461671 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

Asides the fact that I hate complacency, I'd be fine even if I had less. For instance, if I was to choose between being a pastor with 50k monthly pay, and being a consultant with 18million per annum, I'd take being a pastor without thinking twice.
Tah! See your mouth. And you are here on tbills thread trying to make more money?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hello, what would you be doing when you retire at 30/40? I still don't understand how an able man or woman would retire at such an early age!
Maybe I am missing something sha.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
See your mouth. And you are here in tbills thread trying to make more money?

I buy T-bills once a year. Buying takes an insignificant portion of my time. It's still a few months before this year's purchase comes due.

I'm not here to make money ( or is anyone sharing money here?). Rather I'm here to have meaningful discussion with like-minded folks.

Note that I didn't say I hate high income, I only said the only job I'd consider to be worth my time is being a pastor regardless of the pay. So now that I still work actively, I want to put enough assets in place so that even if my salary as a pastor is 20k a month, my earnings will be above 5m monthly.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
Agbaletu:
Hello, what would you be doing when you retire at 30/40? I still don't understand how an able man or woman would retire at such an early age!
It's what they say. Most people hate their jobs.

So early retirement means you don't have to get up when you don't want, and if you feel like going hiking for a full month, you don't need anyone's permission. Some go fishing, some to the golf course. There are those who volunteer with charities.

I like to randomly teach physics to high School students once a while, but the deepest one for me is to be there in church.

In all of these activities there's a huge comfort that comes from knowing that even though you didn't actively chase money today, there's some extra 1m that's been added to your networth, and by tomorrow there'll be another extra, and so it comes each day.

Think of Bill Gates, his engagement at the Foundation never stops his earnings from accruing. he probably found a higher passion for charity than he had for coding and "wall-streeting" so he's left the latter to pursue the former.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
Grupo:

That guy no dey naija sha.

My Ebonyi brother weldone sir! Ndewo!

Yeah I'm not in Nigeria which is to my advantage. What I make here in an 11 hour shift a day is more than 50,000 Naira when you do the conversion from dollar to Naira and I work 7 days a week cause I have two full time jobs; yes I don't get days off (no time for clubbing and all that) that is why I'm gonna retire with pride when I'm 30 cause I've worked my ass off for it and it is gonna be a well deserved retirement.

Barrytone:

I envy you, at 25 I was still getting upkeep from my parents. Made first million at 35yrs and am 42yrs now and hoping to retire at 50/55

My father totally cut me off. At the time he did it, I had 76 cents or less in my bank account lol so I promised myself that I would never be broke again and I started hunting for jobs and started saving once I got full time jobs. I'm from a wealthy family, very wealthy. I mentioned here one time that I found out from an email on my dad's phone that he had at that time last year 415 million Naira in his fixed deposit, which everyone here raised eye brows about lol. My uncle, younger brother to my father, same mother same father, is the governor of Ebonyi state. For this reason, I felt so lazy and entitled that my father decided to cut me off. I hated him at first, but now I see he did it for my own good. Every penny I have now, I worked for. I don't receive money from home any longer, not since I was 22 anyways haha. So I've been saving since I was 22 when my father totally cut me off, financially (we have great father son relationship haha).

I guess my point here is that hard work pays.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
Agbaletu:
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Kjv. Behold [that] which i have seen: [it is ] good and comely [for me] to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it [is] his portion. Not to work and die. Lol...

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nnamz:

Yeah I'm not in Nigeria which is to my advantage. What I make here in an 11 hour shift a day is more than 50,000 Naira when you do the conversion from dollar to Naira and I work 7 days a week cause I have two full time jobs; yes I don't get days off (no time for clubbing and all that) that is why I'm gonna retire with pride when I'm 30 cause I've worked my ass off for it and it is gonna be a well deserved retirement.

My father totally cut me off. At the time he did it, I had 76 cents or less in my bank account lol so I promised myself that I would never be broke again and I started hunting for jobs and started saving once I got full time jobs. I'm from a wealthy family, very wealthy. I mentioned here one time that I found out from an email on my dad's phone that he had at that time last year 415 million Naira in his fixed deposit, which everyone here raised eye brows about lol. My uncle, younger brother to my father, same mother same father, is the governor of Ebonyi state. For this reason, I felt so lazy and entitled that my father decided to cut me off. I hated him at first, but now I see he did it for my own good. Every penny I have now, I worked for. I don't receive money from home any longer, not since I was 22 anyways haha. So I've been saving since I was 22 when my father totally cut me off, financially (we have great father son relationship haha).

Hmm. The day you told me you are from uburu, something in me told me that you are related to the governor. Lol. I was right after all. Weldone bro.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2019
Grupo:

Hmm. The day you told me you are from uburu, something in me told me that you are related to the governor. Lol. I was right after all. Weldone bro.

I greet you sir!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2019
Your dad is panama right... I guess you meant the one that has panama hotel in woji,Echendu street.

Nnamz:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2019
Agbaletu:

Did you know that being a parent is a full time job? I have decided not to have kids till I'm 30, by then I should be retired and have all the time in the world. If my wife wants to pursue her career to any level of her choice I won't care. As for me, gonna be a full blown full time dad: not gonna miss any of their games, or activity in or outside of school that they're involved in. Being a full time parent is a job on it's own, and that is what I will be doing full time for the next 22 years, then full time gran daddy after that lol so I'll have my hands full for a while after 30 haha. Sorry don't mean to derail the thread away from tbills lol

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
kisszhira:
Your dad is panama right... I guess you meant the one that has panama hotel in woji,Echendu street.

Jezuzzz!!!! It is a small world indeed. How did you put 2 and 2 together loll. Who the hell are you lmaooooo. Oh and it is spelt Pannamah wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hahaha...maybe we should link up if you don't mind. Your dad is a very good friend of my dad. I know your dad very well and i know your step mother too. I knew when they were making arrangement for your travel or so,though i don't know you personally. I know either you or you brother was into music or so,i don't know about now. In short,i know a lot about you sha.

Nnamz:

Jezuzzz!!!! It is a small world indeed. How did you put 2 and 2 together loll. Who the hell are you lmaooooo. Oh and it is spelt Pannamah wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
kisszhira:
Hahaha...maybe we should link up if you don't mind. Your dad is a very good friend of my dad. I know your dad very well and i know your step mother too. I knew when they were making arrangement for your travel or so,though i don't know you personally. I know either you or you brother was into music or so,i don't know about now. In short,i know a lot about you sha.

nnamdiumahi@yahoo.com@yahoo.com smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
Noted

Nnamz:

nnamdiumahi@yahoo.com@yahoo.com smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
awesomeJ:

I buy T-bills once a year. Buying takes an insignificant portion of my time. It's still a few months before this year's purchase comes due.

I'm not here to make money ( or is anyone sharing money here?). Rather I'm here to have meaningful discussion with like-minded folks.

Note that I didn't say I hate high income, I only said the only job I'd consider to be worth my time is being a pastor regardless of the pay. So now that I still work actively, I want to put enough assets in place so that even if my salary as a pastor is 20k a month, my earnings will be above 5m monthly.
Just go and buy Bobo for us to be drinking.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Just go and buy Bobo for us to be drinking.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bayocanny: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2019
hello brethren, I need your expertise on how to get T- Bills. I'm a novice, someone should pls put me through, which bank is preferable and what are the terms invloved in this trade.

I await your response.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 12:08am On Mar 17, 2019
Nnamz:

Did you know that being a parent is a full time job? I have decided not to have kids till I'm 30, by then I should be retired and have all the time in the world. If my wife wants to pursue her career to any level of her choice I won't care. As for me, gonna be a full blown full time dad: not gonna miss any of their games, or activity in or outside of school that they're involved in. Being a full time parent is a job on it's own, and that is what I will be doing full time for the next 22 years, then full time gran daddy after that lol so I'll have my hands full for a while after 30 haha. Sorry don't mean to derail the thread away from tbills lol
true talk, i barely know my dad. Before i wake up he's gone and when he comes back I'm already asleep. By the time he retired due to sickness i was about going to college and by the way even if i was around, what fun is it living with a sick old man?i don't have one single memory about my dad. When he passed away there was nothing i really missed about him. I just cried the day he was buried like any sane person would do and that was the only was the only memory i go back to when it comes to my dad.

30 I'm retired and start up a family . my job is to go to PTA meetings, inter house sport, hike every now and then, do some voluntary work here and there ' like being a soccer coach for the kids around the neighborhood and travel with my family at least twice a year and myself and wifey twice a year also.

I no come here come suffer. I have paid my dues and i need to enjoy in full. Last last if you don't enjoy yourself , when you die, the speed the next of kin would go and cash out from the bank eh speed of light go even shock

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:37am On Mar 17, 2019
Sholapey:
We're on the same line...You're my kind of person! I'm a female, 37 year old now with 54 million in ntb and a property worth 70 million am planning to retire by the time am 40 years old by God's grace. I thank God for all he has done for me. I started working at the age of 17y and i got a part time admission to study business administration and left Nigeria to uk @the age of 20y after my OND. Because my aim was to break the backbone of poverty without using my body. Luckily for me, i was able to get a 9am-4pm retail job few weeks after i arrived and later got an additional cleaning job part time of 5pm-7pm mon-fri and pękę job on Saturday. I have only Sundays to rest after church services, i was able to build a rented apartment at age of 24y and rented all out and i have been diversifying my investment with the help of God on my side. Now, am married with kids, i could not work like i used to because of my kids but i have my hard earn money working for me.
This is not to show off but to motivate young ones out there, that you can be anything if you want only if you set your mind at it. And to change the mindset of some people who always think only their body can get them what they want. Hell no! Ohun ti a ko ba jiya fun kin pę lòwó, ohun ti a ba sisę fun lohun pę lòwó èni...ma'fowuro sere òremi, isé ni afin déni giga. To my fellow investors, i wish you all the best, ori olori oni ko'ere ise wa ooo. Amin!

Amen to that !
Inspiring..God bless the work of ur hands Ma'am ..I was laughing grin
when you mentioned peke and per-time cleaning job
My own na early mornin at New look store oxford street and house of frazer close to Victoria station those dayz before startin my day at college

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:02am On Mar 17, 2019
Thisnut:
true talk, i barely know my dad. Before i wake up he's gone and when he comes back I'm already asleep. By the time he retired due to sickness i was about going to college and by the way even if i was around, what fun is it living with a sick old man?i don't have one single memory about my dad. When he passed away there was nothing i really missed about him. I just cried the day he was buried like any sane person would do and that was the only was the only memory i go back to when it comes to my dad.

30 I'm retired and start up a family . my job is to go to PTA meetings, inter house sport, hike every now and then, do some voluntary work here and there ' like being a soccer coach for the kids around the neighborhood and travel with my family at least twice a year and myself and wifey twice a year also.

I no come here come suffer. I have paid my dues and i need to enjoy in full. Last last if you don't enjoy yourself , when you die, the speed the next of kin would go and cash out from the bank eh speed of light go even shock

Wise decision u wanna invest ur time, resources and energy on ur kids ..U 'll def not regret it..Goodluck bro

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:45am On Mar 17, 2019
Agbaletu:

zamirikpo go vex with you o. I used to share the same sentiment with you on the improved economy when the rates go south, but what do Nigerians stand to gain? Prices of goods and services are still the same while the rates are going down. Naira appreciates a bit today but what are we benefiting from it?

No mind that guy, I have funds just lying in an account doing nothing cos the rates are bad and I can't invest in anything yet cos the economy is in confusion.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:46am On Mar 17, 2019
Agbaletu:

You can't be serious, Bros.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:59am On Mar 17, 2019
All this talk about retirement is interesting but unreal...

I must warn u, before u do that, calculate your monthly expenditure , including diesel , transport etc ,double it and then multiple it by 20years. The figure u get, should be in your account before u thing of retirement.no be by the age u like.

Remember this will only guarantee a comfortable life , not a luxurious one..it also won't take care of your cravings and hubbies.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:46am On Mar 17, 2019
Sholapey:
We're on the same line...You're my kind of person! I'm a female, 37 year old now with 54 million in ntb and a property worth 70 million am planning to retire by the time am 40 years old by God's grace. I thank God for all he has done for me. I started working at the age of 17y and i got a part time admission to study business administration and left Nigeria to uk @the age of 20y after my OND. Because my aim was to break the backbone of poverty without using my body. Luckily for me, i was able to get a 9am-4pm retail job few weeks after i arrived and later got an additional cleaning job part time of 5pm-7pm mon-fri and pękę job on Saturday. I have only Sundays to rest after church services, i was able to build a rented apartment at age of 24y and rented all out and i have been diversifying my investment with the help of God on my side. Now, am married with kids, i could not work like i used to because of my kids but i have my hard earn money working for me.
This is not to show off but to motivate young ones out there, that you can be anything if you want only if you set your mind at it. And to change the mindset of some people who always think only their body can get them what they want. Hell no! Ohun ti a ko ba jiya fun kin pę lòwó, ohun ti a ba sisę fun lohun pę lòwó èni...ma'fowuro sere òremi, isé ni afin déni giga. To my fellow investors, i wish you all the best, ori olori oni ko'ere ise wa ooo. Amin!

Congrats ma, we are in the same boat. Am 34 with 27m and over 40Milion asset in naija and over $400000 worth of asset in Canada, as a female, I started my life very very early because I do not believe in waiting for a man to give me a life. So I fought for my life. Am married now with kids and comfortably living in Canada and still in school studying nursing. Am hoping to retire at 55yrs old because making money is my hobby, I just love it. To the younger ones out there, set your target and purse it. Do not allow negative minds into your company of association. If you are a female, disassociate yourself from those who will come and tell u that you are nothing without a man, if you are a man, disassociate yourself from those who will come and tell you to marry at 22 as it is good to start family early. Be focused and all those things shall be added unto u. I didnt even know when I got married, while i was busy preparing myself, I never knew someone is out there monitoring every footstep of mine. What am I trying to say, the right hubby and wife will come at the right time.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 17, 2019
needful:

Congrats ma, we are in the same boat. Am 34 with 27m and over 40Milion asset in naija and over $400000 worth of asset in Canada, as a female, I started my life very very early because I do not believe in waiting for a man to give me a life. So I fought for my life. Am married now with kids and comfortably living in Canada and still in school studying nursing. Am hoping to retire at 55yrs old because making money is my hobby, I just love it. To the younger ones out there, set your target and purse it. Do not allow negative minds into your company of association. If you are a female, disassociate yourself from those who will come and tell u that you are nothing without a man, if you are a man, disassociate yourself from those who will come and tell you to marry at 22 as it is good to start family early. Be focused and all those things shall be added unto u. I didnt even know when I got married, while i was busy preparing myself, I never knew someone is out there monitoring every footstep of mine. What am I trying to say, the right hubby and wife will come at the right time.

Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Mar 17, 2019
It is a good thing to retire early, but for me to retire at 30yrs with lets say 40M naira or there about in tbills without any other business doesn't worth it. I assume someone of 30yrs will have lets say 2-3kids,when you think about school fees (a 3,4 or 5 star international school) then you will realize that the interest earned on 40M naira will do little or nothing in your kids school fees alone not to talk about feeding and other family expenses. Well, all depends on the living standard that someone wants!
Donbrig:
Wow! we really have lots of multimillionaires in this thread ohhh. For those who wants to retire at the age of 30, it is not normal to retire at the age of 30, you won't have any story to tell the young aspiring ones. One could dream of retirement as from 45yrs and above.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:16am On Mar 17, 2019
needful:

Hard work pays...hopefully this will motivate / help others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 17, 2019
Fact! I totally agree with you!!
zamirikpo:

I must warn u, before u do that, calculate your monthly expenditure , including diesel , transport etc ,double it and then multiple it by 20years. The figure u get, should be in your account before u thing of retirement.no be by the age u like.

Remember this will only guarantee a comfortable life , not a luxurious one..it also won't take care of your cravings and hubbies.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 17, 2019
zamirikpo:

I respect you a lot. The key to early retirement is planning. I drew a 20years plan that terminates in 2032 or 2037 (50/55) depending on when I hit the 1 billion mark. 1b at 10% is 100m annually. Hoping for 10m monthly. Retirement life is getting a retirement home with staffs. Kids should be able to attend the best school as they wish. Then I can afford a brand new car every 2 to 3 years. Feeding at such age is minimal. Traveling and visiting kids in their campuses across the globe with wife. Set a target and work towards it. So far it's going as planned. Mind you, I will be pensionable. Don't eat your cake today, preserve it for future. You can't eat your future today and get it back in future except the Lord abides by your greed which I doubt He will.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 17, 2019
1B Naira in tbills at 50/55yrs is perfect,at this age the kids would have been making little income on their own too for someone who started having babies in his late 20s/early 30s. Not some 40M/50M in tbills @30yrs and somone will be talking about retirement!
Barrytone:

I respect you a lot. The key to early retirement is planning. I drew a 20years plan that terminates in 2032 or 2037 (50/55) depending on when I hit the 1 billion mark. 1b at 10% is 100m annually. Hoping for 10m monthly. Retirement life is getting a retirement home with staffs. Kids should be able to attend the best school as they wish. Then I can afford a brand new car every 2 to 3 years. Feeding at such age is minimal. Traveling and visiting kids in their campuses across the globe with wife. Set a target and work towards it. So far it's going as planned. Mind you, I will be pensionable. Don't eat your cake today, preserve it for future. You can't eat your future today and get it back in future except the Lord abides by your greed which I doubt He will.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 7:56am On Mar 17, 2019
Bravedude112:
1B Naira in tbills at 50/55yrs is perfect,at this age the kids would have been making little income on their own too for someone who started having babies in his late 20s/early 30s. Not some 40M/50M in tbills @30yrs and somone will be talking about retirement!
i don't see t Bill as investment per say because the inflation rate is higher than the t Bill percentage. Nigeria inflation rate doubled in 3years but t Bill rates is no where close.

Bro, i know a man who was CBN regional manager, the man was a billionaire and lived below what an average millionaire would , alas when he died he had so much money that banks sponsored his funeral.

Immediately the man was buried, Chucks, his oldest son bought a new car and had an accident same month, within the space of two months he already bought a second car and was living extravagantly. I believe the money should be finished right now, judging from the way he was spending.

As for me, the only thing i owe my kids is good education or good trades and international exposures, the rest they should do on their own and if they don't get serious I'd give everything away to charity. They have to earn the little I'd live for them.

If you like wait and save all your life and die without enjoying yourself, only for you to look from the underworld to see all your life savings is being squandered away by a prodigal son.

Modified

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2019
Having 1B in tbills @50/55 and going on retirement doesn't mean you will not enjoy your life after retirement,what i'm trying to say is that at this age you would have achieved so many things and family expenses i.e children school fees will not be a burden too since most of the kids would have finished their education and making some money on their own, i'm referring to someone who said he already have 27M and plan to retire when he is 30 which is in 4-5yrs later.
Thisnut:
i don't see t Bill as investment per say because the inflation rate is higher than the t Bill percentage. Nigeria inflation rate doubled in 3years but t Bill rates is no where close.

Bro, i know a man who was CBN regional manager, the man was a billionaire and lived below what an average millionaire would , alas when he died he had so much money that banks sponsored his funeral.

Immediately the man was buried, Chucks, his oldest son bought a new car and had an accident same month, within the space of two months he already bought a second car and was living extravagantly. I believed the money should be finished right now, judging from the way he was spending.

As for, the only thing i owe my kids is good education or good trades and international exposures, the rest they should do on their own and if they don't get serious I'd give everything away to charity. They have to earn the little I'd live for them.

If you like wait and save all your life and die without enjoying yourself, only for you to look from the underworld to see all your life savings is being squandered away by a prodigal son.

Modified

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.