Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4460998 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
I guess you are not concerned about the Banks keeping your profits, if your capital is up to N10m, you have practically lost N100k+ due to the failed two primary market bids, N100k or even it's N50k is a lot of money considering the fact that it's a loss by avoidable negligence.

the question now, what is your long term financial plan. Would you need the cash at any point this year or willing to go long term.

Bluecollarguy:
After two unsuccessful primary market Tbill transactions within the last month with GTBank, due to over-subscription and low stop rate, the voice in my head tells me to take a break and NOT trade next week(March 27)...that I should wait and observe the market rate for a little while as opposed to engaging in unsuccessful trades.

Fellas in the house, what do you think? Am I the only one feeling this way? Although I have millions sitting in my savings account, but my attempt to invest it in Tbill has been abortive as of late. What should I do? Your opinion is appreciated!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dracoe(m): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
Pascopele:
Keep reading, start small (50k) and re-invest your interest and capital(50k plus interest accrued) in no time you will no longer need money from your parents and some people will think you are into money rituals
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
I guess you are not concerned about the Banks keeping your profits, if your capital is up to N10m, you have practically lost N100k+ due to the failed two primary market bids, N100k or even it's N50k is a lot of money considering the fact that it's a loss by avoidable negligence.

the question now, what is your long term financial plan. Would you need the cash at any point this year or willing to go long term.

I willingly traded in the last two auctions, but they were unsuccessful. As the next auction surfaces, it's hard for one to truly ascertain its outcome relative to the last two outcomes. I am willing to try again next week, but 3 failed Tbill transactions would be quite discouraging. Fingers crossed...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

I willingly traded in the last two auctions, but they were unsuccessful. As the next auction surfaces, it's hard for one to truly ascertain its outcome relative to the last two outcomes. I am willing to try again next week, but 3 failed Tbill transactions would be quite discouraging. Fingers crossed...

But why don't you consider the secondary market bros? Ever since I learnt about tbills last year, I never keep any amount more than 100k in my savings account for max 3days. The money will just be lazy in there. For me now I run both tbills and mmfs. I cant just leave money idle again. Try Secondary market, calculate what you will gain in 7days in sec market can make up for any difference BTW pry and sec mkts rates. My opinion sha. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please anyone with today's primary market rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Francisvis(m): 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please anyone here has dollars for sale in USA ?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

But why don't you consider the secondary market bros? Ever since I learnt about tbills last year, I never keep any amount more than 100k in my savings account for max 3days. The money will just be lazy in there. For me now I run both tbills and mmfs. I cant just leave money idle again. Try Secondary market, calculate what you will gain in 7days in sec market can make up for any difference BTW pry and sec mkts rates. My opinion sha. smiley

I once tried requesting for the tbill form to trade in the secondary market but the reply from my account officer(about me being at the physical location) was quite ambiguous, especially for someone who doesn't live in Nigeria. Out of curiosity, is it possible for someone living abroad to engage in secondary market? If yes, how does one go about it? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:
After two unsuccessful primary market Tbill transactions within the last month with GTBank, due to over-subscription and low stop rate, the voice in my head tells me to take a break and NOT trade next week(March 27)...that I should wait and observe the market rate for a little while as opposed to engaging in unsuccessful trades.

Fellas in the house, what do you think? Am I the only one feeling this way? Although I have millions sitting in my savings account, but my attempt to invest it in Tbill has been abortive as of late. What should I do? Your opinion is appreciated!
Why not subscribe to the lowest tenure possible from secondary market? I think that's the best way to wait and monitor the market cos the more you wait, the more you are losing money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Why not subscribe to the lowest tenure possible from secondary market? I think that's the best way to wait and monitor the market cos the more you wait, the more you are losing money.

I appreciate your input, please see my aforementioned reply.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

It appears you're expecting an auction for next week.

There's been an auction today 20th and the next one will hold on 3rd April.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jamih: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
awesomeJ:

Thought last auction was 13,:so next should be 27
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
TREASURY BILLS AUCTION 20/03/2019

91 DAYS ----10.30%

182 DAYS ------12.20%

364 DAYS ------12.34%

These rates are really not looking good any more o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
Primary market 364 days at 12.3% ? what a great fall.

I remember when you mentioned the time to lock in at 15%, secondary market rates will drop drastically from tomorrow.

feelamong:

91 DAYS ----10.30%

182 DAYS ------12.20%

364 DAYS ------12.34%

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
awesomeJ:

shocked Not 2 weeks interval again? I have marked Mar 26 to submit my form. Why this sudden change of calendar? angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
Francisvis:

I subscribe to this, I need to move money across to USA from naija. Can we trade, pay your local account while you pay to a foreign account. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2019
Phyde:

shocked Not 2 weeks interval again? I have marked Mar 26 to submit my form. Why this sudden change of calendar? angry

It's been confirmed.. Next primary market auction holds on April 3.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
Francisvis:

Barrytone:

I subscribe to this, I need to move money across to USA from naija. Can we trade, pay your local account while you pay to a foreign account. Thanks

While you could go into any office of burea d change / or those inside the bank / even ur acct officer can get one for u inside the bank .

U choose to come online to buy foreign exchange from one of the most corrupt people / country in the world .

Dat is not a smart decision.

Very easy to be defrauded even with stolen money or whatever , .

To Avoid stories that touches d soul in the future. ..

Follow ur heart But

Be careful.

Be careful.

Be careful.

when dealing with nigerians . talkless of the onces u meet from internet .

THE CHOICE IS URS. PEACE grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
feelamong:

91 DAYS ----10.30%

182 DAYS ------12.20%

364 DAYS ------12.34%

U re right ..Rates not looking good at all..Sec mkt may be going lower than these rates/ tenors
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

S(he) is wrong, don't be alarmed! Next primary market auction holds next Wednesday March 27.
Ok, thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

I once tried requesting for the tbill form to trade in the secondary market but the reply from my account officer(about me being at the physical location) was quite ambiguous, especially for someone who doesn't live in Nigeria. Out of curiosity, is it possible for someone living abroad to engage in secondary market? If yes, how does one go about it? Thanks in advance!
Let them know you've rang the head office...lol Request for a form fill and sign it tick secondary market. Scan it and send it back via email, do the follow up on the phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
There is no primary auction on 27 March. Next one is 3 April.

Phyde:

Ok, thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Viqtour(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ntb schedule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
tritritri:

While you could go into any office of burea d change / or those inside the bank / even ur acct officer can get one for u inside the bank .

U choose to come online to buy foreign exchange from one of the most corrupt people / country in the world .

Dat is not a smart decision.

Very easy to be defrauded even with stolen money or whatever , .

To Avoid stories that touches d soul in the future. ..

Follow ur heart But

Be careful.

Be careful.

Be careful.

when dealing with nigerians . talkless of the onces u meet from internet .

THE CHOICE IS URS. PEACE grin grin grin

Thanks boss, very unlike me. I appreciate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
364 days tenor seems to be a dead end at the moment, time to reduce tenor. Please, when exactly is the next auction? Some said next week 27th, while some said in two weeks time, 3rd April.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
Donbrig:
364 days tenor seems to be a dead end at the moment, time to reduce tenor. Please, when exactly is the next auction? Some said next week 27th, while some said in two weeks time, 3rd April.

Oga forgot what people said. Look at the calendar someone posted above
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
jamih:

Thought last auction was 13,:so next should be 27
Phyde:

We just started a new T-bills quarter Q3'19.

First two auctions every quarter are held on successive Wednesdays (one week interval).

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

S(he) is wrong, don't be alarmed! Next primary market auction holds next Wednesday March 27.

So you know better than the CBN?

Don't always be in a hurry to discredit info you're not sure about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
Phyde:

Ok, thanks
It's no thanks. Next primary market auction holds 3rd April.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

Try the secondary market with GTB. Their 90 days is around 10.65%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
Francisvis:

Dollar for sale available through Skrill or Neteller account
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Francisvis(m): 10:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
luvly4luv:

Dollar for sale available through Skrill or Neteller account
whats your quantity and rate ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
awesomeJ:

So you know better than the CBN?

Don't always be in a hurry to discredit info you're not sure about.

It's been confirmed...my bad!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Kpboy1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.