Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441751 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
zamirikpo:
All this talk about retirement is interesting but unreal...

I must warn u, before u do that, calculate your monthly expenditure , including diesel , transport etc ,double it and then multiple it by 20years. The figure u get, should be in your account before u thing of retirement.no be by the age u like.

Remember this will only guarantee a comfortable life , not a luxurious one..it also won't take care of your cravings and hubbies.
The more you have, the less you'd need the calculations.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lxdd: 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
Hello bosses. One question, how many auctions does the CBN hold per year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
alezzy13:
Chei!! See people calling tens of millions like say na Kobo. embarassed embarassed

you can either let the figures inspire you, or you let them intimidate you.

The former is what we expect.

You should also know that not everyone on the forum started out at the same time.

I expect most of us who might yet be on this forum to mention assets in millions of dollars in the very near future-That's a Sunday prayer that's already answered.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lxdd:
Hello bosses. One question, how many auctions does the CBN hold per year?
7 auctions each quarter,
28 per year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by manlikegb: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
Thisnut:
my initial plan was 40 but now is 30 by 2020. things moved faster than i anticipated. Last year i made +-30m naira but invested most of it on real estate and even got myself in debt of about 7m naira just to finish up some stuffs(good debt) got the loan on a zero percent for the first year and 10.7 Percent afterward from my bank. My plan is to pay that up and raise some good capital to the one i already have and just let it work slowly for me like buhari. Lol
I'd never be like my dad, that guy work till 2005 and died 2008 @ 96. Yes he had me when he was old. Lol

@Thisnut, What bank is in quote here please? And what if you pay everything back within the first year. That means they gain nothing. Or its a must your spread out the payment for the number of years agreed?

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lxdd: 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
awesomeJ:

7 auctions each quarter,
28 per year.
And can you bid at each auction even though you have tbills already?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
"Accounting is the only Profession practised on earth and in heaven" "Account for all ur actions on earth and account for same in heaven". Now look at this ��*BALANCE SHEET Of LIFE*

Birth is your
*Opening Stock.*

What comes to you
is
*Credit.*

What goes from you
is
*Debit.*

Your ideas are your
*Assets.*

Your bad habits are
your
*Liabilities.*

Your character is
your
*Capital*

Your happiness is
your
*Profit.*

Your sorrow is your
*Loss.*

Your knowledge is
your
*Investment*

Your age is your
*Depreciation.*

Death is your
*Closing Stock.*

And finally :
GOD IS YOUR AUDITOR
Always endeavor to have a perfect Balance Sheet because your AUDITOR will come back sooner than later.Keep your books correctly.✍

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
Lxdd:

And can you bid at each auction even though you have tbills already?

Yes you can sir.

As a matter of fact, you can place several bids at the same auction. You may have to use different banks though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Please my fellow Tbill investors, has anyone received a certificate of investment from GTB and how did you go about that? Thanks for your contributions!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ibrahim505:

I was even into 14.4% (their highest) before i aborted it.
I'm now having almost all at 14%.

Why are you guys making phantom claims, see Screen capture of the 8 maturities currently on the platform

Where is the 14%?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2019
But sure there has to be some taxation by the Canadian government on such huge some transferred into Canada for such purpose.Please more explanation is needed, as this is something I intend doing in the nearest future..
igbizen:

the money market abroad is not encouraging that's why. I have somebody who lives in Canada and left his retirement money (N200m) in Nigeria Tbill. He takes the interest every year to buy house in Canada (down payment).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
the comments here have inspired me to up my game, not from an envious point of view, but from a deep seated desire that all can now done with vision and discipline. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
walcolm:

Why are you guys making phantom claims, see Screen capture of the 8 maturities currently on the platform

Where is the 14%?
In tbills, quoted rates are dynamic while those you captured remain constant in your portfolio up to maturity.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 18, 2019
Ibrahim505:

In tbills, quoted rates are dynamic while those you captured remain constant in your portfolio up to maturity.
Please, explain Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:48am On Mar 18, 2019
awesomeJ:

Yes you can sir.

As a matter of fact, you can place several bids at the same auction. You may have to use different banks though.

If you like have 100 tbills with one bank, e no concern them. I use GTB for all tbills.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by proflomo(m): 6:11am On Mar 18, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
"Still Yet" with MSc?

Abeg, leave English. Attend the issue the guy raised if you can and if you can't let others do.
Many political and economic world leaders today speak and write worse than that.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 6:14am On Mar 18, 2019
proflomo:

Abeg, leave English. Attend the issue the guy raised if you can and if you can't let others do.
Many political and economic world leaders today speak and write worse than that.

Thank you for this. We all make mistakes.

Now the guy might not want to say anything again, let's cultivate the habit of not shooting people down.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lxdd: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2019
awesomeJ:

Yes you can sir.

Oh wow.. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
"Still Yet" with MSc?
You are so heartless and insensitive!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dracoe(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2019
Dracoe:
Hello everyone...
Just started going through this thread,and y'all have made really nice contributions.I'm still a student in one of the Federal universities in Nigeria,and currently in my year 3.
I plan on making some investments soon, most probably on T bills,NSE,or any other profitable investment(foreign investmemts also) I can engage in .I'm still a novice in all these so I will appreciate if any one can put me through,what I have to do,how to go about it and also the pros and cons.
Thanks.

I still need an insight on this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2019
IyawoToBe:
You are so heartless and insensitive!
There is a Block where my heart used to be.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 10:10am On Mar 18, 2019
Keep reading, start small (50k) and re-invest your interest and capital(50k plus interest accrued) in no time you will no longer need money from your parents and some people will think you are into money rituals
Dracoe:

I still need an insight on this

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 10:11am On Mar 18, 2019
Urgently needed!
A Junior Accountant with OND & about 1 - 3yrs' accounting exp for a company based at Ilorin. The candidate must have worked in a factory. ATS would be an advantage.

Please send resumes to jobs@foodpro-group.com. 'Jnr Accountant Ilorin' as subject of mail.
AdetonaDami:
All these people making millions in naira in their 20s, please are you'll working in naija or abroad? I'm still yet to get a job in this naija in my 20s with my MSc oooooooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:35am On Mar 18, 2019
zohan101:
But sure there has to be some taxation by the Canadian government on such huge some transferred into Canada for such purpose.Please more explanation is needed, as this is something I intend doing in the nearest future..
He has guys who send naira to naija. So what he does is you pay the dollar to me in Canada, and I transfer the naira equivalent to the person in naija. He has been doing this for almost 15yrs. He worked here in naija while his family lived in Canada for 15yrs. now he has retired to Canada to take a small job so as to be with his family.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdetonaDami(m): 11:03am On Mar 18, 2019
Pascopele:
Urgently needed!
A Junior Accountant with OND & about 1 - 3yrs' accounting exp for a company based at Ilorin. The candidate must have worked in a factory. ATS would be an advantage.

Please send resumes to jobs@foodpro-group.com. 'Jnr Accountant Ilorin' as subject of mail.

I'm a civil engineer

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by generationz(f): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2019
Thisnut:
Yes, sometimes it's good to go through pretty much every stages in life, one little part you might think it isn't necessary can in a long run make you lose out.

I know where I'm coming from, it wasn't easy from get go. Growing up the only time we eat meat is just the first day the food was made, subsequently it's just pops and mom that would be eating meat. Life seems cool at the times but looking back that one na poverty na. Lol

I'm happy life is where it is right and could not have asked for more. I don't need a lot to be satisfied, all i need is total peace and financial freedom, same legacy is what i will give to my kids as well.

At a point in my life i asked my older bro to buy me a bicycle, he told me when i grow up i will be able to buy one myself. A year later i bought me a bicycle and at 22 i bought my first car at 23 i own my first house, at 25 i bought my first brand new car with zero mileage on it and I'm just 28 now. More glory days ahead, all i need is bring my head down and stay loyal to the universe

quite an inspiring story

Abeg which business can one invest in that will yield large profits. I'm not really a fan of treasury bills because of the snail speed. you will have to wait for many years to enjoy your interest on millions. of naira

stay loyal to the universe?

are you an agnostic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AdetonaDami(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
"Still Yet" with MSc?
Na so we see am o....civil eng
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2019
Thisnut:
Yes, sometimes it's good to go through pretty much every stages in life, one little part you might think it isn't necessary can in a long run make you lose out.

I know where I'm coming from, it wasn't easy from get go. Growing up the only time we eat meat is just the first day the food was made, subsequently it's just pops and mom that would be eating meat. Life seems cool at the times but looking back that one na poverty na. Lol

I'm happy life is where it is right and could not have asked for more. I don't need a lot to be satisfied, all i need is total peace and financial freedom, same legacy is what i will give to my kids as well.

At a point in my life i asked my older bro to buy me a bicycle, he told me when i grow up i will be able to buy one myself. A year later i bought me a bicycle and at 22 i bought my first car at 23 i own my first house, at 25 i bought my first brand new car with zero mileage on it and I'm just 28 now. More glory days ahead, all i need is bring my head down and stay loyal to the universe

smiley see level
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luvly4luv(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
Nnamz:

If you like have 100 tbills with one bank, e no concern them. I use GTB for all tbills.

Please @Nnamz, how do you obtain your TBill certificate from GTB? I have been debited ₦300,000 from a GTB account but still no document to show for it!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
Tb might be slow but nice you can lose your entire investment within seconds this a truck coupled for 12 m in January.. it has not generated 3 million net income

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Tb might be slow but nice you can lose your entire investment within seconds this a truck coupled for 12 m in January.. it has not generated 3 million net income

Chai.....God.
U mean in 4months the owner lost 9m. Why didn't he insure it.

Am sure the 3m is from the tank....and tyres

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.