Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4457410 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 03, 2019
Got 12.15% for 118 days today at Stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 6:15pm On May 03, 2019
realjidejamal:
Got 12.15% for 118 days today at Stanbic.

That's fair rate kindly going up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 6:19pm On May 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Is the company regulated? Is your money insured?

Yup. CBN and NDIC regulated. There's deposit insurance nah. It's an MFB undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 6:41pm On May 03, 2019
GonFreecss1:
I have seen guys here talking about the Juicy Renmoney rates...

it's simply high risk, even higher risk than Equity IMO!

Guys this is definitely a new bubble! I can bet one day this market will crash. GTB is already trying to play the game, but everyone has forgotten how NPL's nearly destroyed the banking industry and the Nigerian Economy. Move with caution with all this higher rates, remember the higher the reward? Then most definitely the higher the risk!

And for those that will say something about life without risks and blah blah blah, I agree, but it seems many of us have forgotten why we like Tbills and FG bonds, it's not because it will make us rich quickly, it's because it is safe and consistent. By all means take risks, but know the type of risk you are taking. grin

Ah ah. Bubble loun loun. It's not exactly cheap credit ya know. Cheap credit is what creates bubbles. The NPLs came because banks didn't have sufficiently diversified credit portfolios. And then there's correlation between sectors. It's inevitable. It's just part of the business cycle.

Besides NTB is only presumed safe from credit and liquidity risk. It is still subject to market risk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2019
olujaidi:

Yup. CBN and NDIC regulated. There's deposit insurance nah. It's an MFB undecided
What's MFB?

I'm not good with all these stuff o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2019
olujaidi:

Ah ah. Bubble loun loun. It's not exactly cheap credit ya know. Cheap credit is what creates bubbles. The NPLs came because banks didn't have sufficiently diversified credit portfolios. And then there's correlation between sectors. It's inevitable. It's just part of the business cycle.

Besides NTB is only presumed safe from credit and liquidity risk. It is still subject to market risk.
Which one be market risk again? It's like most of orna na investment gurus o. I just found out about TBILLS this year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 7:17pm On May 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
What's MFB?

I'm not good with all these stuff o.

Microfinance Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 7:22pm On May 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Which one be market risk again? It's like most of orna na investment gurus o. I just found out about TBILLS this year.

Lol. Fear dey catch you. It's simply the risk you can sell at a loss. Thus far, the risk has been negligible though. It may be possible to avoid if you hold to maturity

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2019
olujaidi:

Microfinance Bank
Oh, thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:28pm On May 03, 2019
olujaidi:

Lol. Fear dey catch you. It's simply the risk you can sell at a loss. Thus far, the risk has been negligible though. It may be possible to avoid if you hold to maturity
Now I understand. Liquidating before maturity never comes to my mind as there is always available raw cash for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biztip: 10:23pm On May 03, 2019
following
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:25am On May 04, 2019
ikechukz:
I don’t see how your answer relates to my question, if you have nothing reasonable to contribute to my question why not just look past it.
My friend will you keep kwayet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 11:22am On May 04, 2019
Acidosis:

I'm not convincing anyone to leave TBills, just stating the obvious that it is very possible to get good returns from a financial institution, as I'm a witness.

BTW, you'd notice I didn't mention the name so I'm not trying to attract customers. But contrary to what you think, it is a group of companies (plc) based in Marina, and among the companies under the group is an investment bank and a MFB (licensed by CBN). Note: the MFB is not the regular road side MFB, this one is fully digitized, with ATM, internet banking, you can receive and transfer payments through any internet banking platform.

While I understand your view, you would agree with me that your notion is very wrong in the sense it encourages the radical extortions in the banking industry. If Buhari and his dying economy can you give you 14% on TBs, there is no reason to settle for 3-4% from FirstBank.

Don't misunderstand my intention o. I have nothing against TBills, it is the reason I'm on this thread.

Bro, please can you explain further how to get the good returns from a financial institution.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevebent(m): 7:02pm On May 04, 2019
Hi all. I'm a surveyor.
If anyone is looking to invest in landed properties especially in Lagos, pls do talk to me. I have genuine properties in areas that'd yield a very good ROI.

If sponsoring survey for family lands at Ibeju-lekki part of Lagos also sound good to you, I'm the guy to talk to.

Surv Steve.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 10:49pm On May 04, 2019
stevebent:
Hi all. I'm a surveyor.
If anyone is looking to invest in landed properties especially in Lagos, pls do talk to me. I have genuine properties in areas that'd yield a very good ROI.

If sponsoring survey for family lands at Ibeju-lekki part of Lagos also sound good to you, I'm the guy to
talk to.

Surv Steve.
Buying land is not AS Profitable as you all paint it.

It takes at least 10 years to turn profit in real estate. (especially when you build and rent)

Treasury bills, can beat that through: rates fluctuations and compounding effect.

There is nothing like "high yield and good ROI" per say in real estate..

In the time you are waiting for the land to appreciate, a treasury bills investor is compounding guaranteed interests yearly and can reach 100% profit in 8 years.

While you, real estate speculator (investor), are still racing to recover your invested capital...not close to Profit!

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2019
RealityShot:

It takes at least 10 years to turn profit in real estate. (especially when you build and rent)

Treasury bills, can beat that through: rates fluctuations and compounding effect.

In the time you are waiting for the land to appreciate, a treasury bills investor is compounding guaranteed interests yearly and can reach 100% profit in 8 years.

While you, real estate speculator (investor), are still racing to recover your invested capital...not close to Profit!

Just thot abt this real estate yester..A good friend of mine called me yester told me he bought a house last yr at opebi for 70M..I asked him how much he rented it out , he said 5M per annum
I know he doesn't know abt T bills..Later i sat down to analyze shld in case one sees such opportunity around that location to buy a house for rental purpose

With my lil thinking and analysis i think Tbill still much better for NOW
At 12% averagely that. 70M should have given him 8.4m for 1yrs Tbills...For 2yrs Tbills that will be 16.8M Approx. compared to 10M he will get for 2 yrs rental

That was my own analysis...I may be wrong cos i do not know it

But my question is ..Will anyone still be able to get that kind of property at that price or less after few year of Tbills investment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tripleaj(m): 12:12am On May 05, 2019
My question is how solid is the house (the foundation and quality of materials used and the aesthetic aspect and integrating of spaces within the building to define it components) that we add value to it after few years.
People now look standard of buildings before putting their money. And check life span of the building. As an Architect they are many factors to check to see if the value of the building will increase or drop.
lancee:

Just thot abt this real estate yester..A good friend of mine called me yester told me he bought a house last yr at opebi for 70M..I asked him how much he rented it out , he said 5M per annum
I know he doesn't know abt T bills..Later i sat down to analyze shld in case one sees such opportunity around that location to buy a house for rental purpose

At 12% averagely that. 70M should have given him 8.4m for 1yrs Tbills...For 2yrs Tbills that will be 16.8M Approx. compared to 10M he will get for 2 yrs rental

But my question is ..Will anyone still be able to get that kind of property at that price or less after few year of Tbills investment

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:16am On May 05, 2019
lancee:

Just thot abt this yester..A good friend of mine called me yester told me he bought a house last yr at opebi for 70M..I asked him how much he rented it out , he said 5M per annum

At 12% averagely that. 70M should have given him 8.4m for 1yrs Tbills...For 2yrs Tbills that will be 16.8M Approx. compared to 10M he would realize for 2 yrs rental

That was my own analysis...Am still trying to learn everyday

I may be wrong thou

People should not buy a house to make profit. Buy cos of the comfort it gives. Just like buying a car. We mostly don't buy car to make profit but for comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:26am On May 05, 2019
lancee:

the 8.4 m can be reinvested at 12 to earn around 1 m making total earnings to be 9.4 m but for house after collecting the 5 m rent the value of the property can f4og jump at time may be in 5 years time he might sale for 100 m after collecting 25 m rent

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:26am On May 05, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
People should not buy a house to make profit. Buy cos of the comfort it gives. Just like buying a car. We mostly don't buy car to make profit but for comfort.

Hmmm...pls shed more light sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 1:28am On May 05, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
the 8.4 m can be reinvested at 12 to earn around 1 m making total earnings to be 9.4 m but for house after collecting the 5 m rent the value of the property can f4og jump at time may be in 5 years time he might sale for 100 m after collecting 25 m rent

Brilliant idea..Nice one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:29am On May 05, 2019
lancee:

actually, he will have N87808000 = 17,808,000 profit
Thanks to compound interest.

Remember, at that 2nd year, HE HAS NOT STARTED MAKING PROFIT ON THE HOUSE. Plus, the house is depreciating naturally.

Now to your question :
The answer is YES.

Properties gain and LOSE value.
So you can still see another "landlord in need of cash to sell to you.

Real estate is A thing of PRIDE, not real financial achievement.
Why do you think banks are not in real estate but are in Tbills?

Those who do not know about Tbills will regret some day because someone like me will buy their "cherished" house with profits from Tbills and still have my capital.

BTW, why should I own a house and suffer maintenance, when Tbills can pay my rent and I can move on to the next new building whenever I want? Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:57am On May 05, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
OK now...

After flogging the house for N100000000 + N25000000 (rent) = 125000000 fa?

See this:
If he just did a simple reinvest with interest in Tbills for 5 years, he will get N123,363,917.82

DIFFERENCE?
} he would not spend time looking for buyer,
} he will not be HOPING and PRAYING for increase in value.
) NO tenant stress!
) NO maintenance costs!
} He will not pay N5000000 agent COMMISSION (5%) (which actually brings his earning to N120m... Lol)

Now, like you said, he will still be chopping N1 million yearly from Tbills (second interest - which can actually be reinvested TOO)

Therefore, Tbills will pay N128,300,000+
While house MAY pay N120,000,000

I am in love with Tbills O! Lolz...

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:15am On May 05, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
EXACTLY!
Remember what real estate bubbles... Hai...!

Govt and banks should be the ones in commercial real estate mainly, not profit seeking individuals.

I believe my children will prefer 100 million cash than some block of houses they have to find buyers or wait for rent before they can get the cash to develop their ideas in the future.
Tbills can also be used to collect loans too.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:18am On May 05, 2019
RealityShot:
OK now...

After flogging the house for N100000000 + N25000000 (rent) = 125000000 fa?

See this:
If he just did a simple reinvest with interest in Tbills for 5 years, he will get N123,363,917.82

DIFFERENCE?
} he would not spend time looking for buyer,
} he will not be HOPING and PRAYING for increase in value.
) NO tenant stress!
) NO maintenance costs!
} He will not pay N5000000 agent COMMISSION (5%) (which actually brings his earning to N120m... Lol)

Now, like you said, he will still be chopping N1 million yearly from Tbills (second interest - which can actually be reinvested TOO)

Therefore, Tbills will pay N128,300,000+
While house MAY pay N120,000,000

I am in love with Tbills O! Lolz...
grin and last two years TB was 18+% cheesy . Please work out #500,000 with the interest reinvest for four years at 12% for us ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevebent(m): 8:05am On May 05, 2019
RealityShot:

Hello there.
I have a client who likes to buy properties facing the road here in Lagos. I assure you he makes more than x3 of whatever he invested in less than 2 years if and when he decides to sell.

Someone sponsored the survey and clearing of 100 Acres of land at Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos. As per the agreement you get two plots on one acre done. One for clearing, one for survey. This is a land that is inside a village excision and gazetted already. Meaning he gets 200 plots of gazetted land. When he decides to sell, he will sell at nothing less than 2M/plot if he wants to make his money fast. Do the maths for 200plots.
And how much did he spend in total? Less than 40M.
Although this cost more, sponsoring survey and clearing. But people do it. Some even do sandfilling for family lands.

This is one of the secret the rich won't tell you about real estate investment.

Invest smart
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chocho1: 8:34am On May 05, 2019
why have u not been able to sponsor the survey and clearing?? You are still looking for someone to contact you and put them through...why not u?? with these figures u just put up here...

stevebent:

Hello there.
I have a client who likes to buy properties facing the road here in Lagos. I assure you he makes more than x3 of whatever he invested in less than 2 years if and when he decides to sell.

Someone sponsored the survey and clearing of 100 Acres of land at Ibeju-Lekki area of Lagos. As per the agreement you get two plots on one acre done. One for clearing, one for survey. This is a land that is inside a village excision and gazetted already. Meaning he gets 200 plots of gazetted land. When he decides to sell, he will sell at nothing less than 2M/plot if he wants to make his money fast. Do the maths for 200plots.
And how much did he spend in total? Less than 40M.
Although this cost more, sponsoring survey and clearing. But people do it. Some even do sandfilling for family lands.

This is one of the secret the rich won't tell you about real estate investment.

Invest smart

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 8:42am On May 05, 2019
I tried Guaranteed mutual fund in stanbic last year, I just forgot the money there, I was shocked to see a profit of N5.00 last week grin grin let me go and liquidate fast fast grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevebent(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2019
chocho1:
why have u not been able to sponsor the survey and clearing?? You are still looking for someone to contact you and put them through...why not u?? with these figures u just put up here...

Sponsoring surveys or clearing or sandfilling requires a lot of money..depending on the area and location of the site.
For 100 - 200Acres.. The usual cost ranges from 30-50M. Its a lot of money. I don't have that yet.

Like I said, I am a surveyor. I get a certain percentage of the land after all is done. I will also be the one to do the survey and lodge it. So I make you the investor good money while making myself money too. smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chocho1: 9:03am On May 05, 2019
Oh I see ,it involves a lot of money and am sure the process and the 9ja factor,bribes and so on ...that it would eventually be a success. Well,why I visit this thread is becos of the smooth route that TB offers... this is the difference.... if u can clearly let us know the process and if they can be as smooth as TB...otherwise let's keep enjoying the established smooth route in this thread..
stevebent:

Sponsoring surveys or clearing or sandfilling requires a lot of money..depending on the area and location of the site.
For 100 - 200Acres.. The usual cost ranges from 30-50M. Its a lot of money. I don't have that yet.

Like I said, I am a surveyor. I get a certain percentage of the land after all is done. I will also be the one to do the survey and lodge it. So I make you the investor good money while making myself money too. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2019
Mizwisdom:
I tried Guaranteed mutual fund in stanbic last year, I just forgot the money there, I was shocked to see a profit of N5.00 last week grin grin let me go and liquidate fast fast grin
₦5?! That mean the money you get there go lean well, well o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), DAramis, donshady(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.