Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4451923 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2019
Acidosis:

This is just sad.

Bros, please know that there are two categories of debtors (tenants):

1. Those Who CAN'T pay
2. Those Who WON'T pay.

None of the two options should ever be given a property for rent. While category 1 will disturb your peace and frustrate your goals with sob story, the other will frustrate and nearly suck out life from the lender (landlord). Category 2 is the most dangerous; unfortunately, most landlords have their eyes fixated on category 1.

You see these people in category 2, they are usually wicked, self-centered, vindictive, greedy and callous. These ones will owe you money, and organize Owambe in your compound. Although I'm a tenant (and do not own a house), experiences of others and witnesses have taught me to avoid these two categories, especially category 2.

In any way possible, please find a way to scrutinize your tenants. Not all tenants with cars will pay up #1500 Electricity bill as at when due.
No matter the scrutiny shit can still happen.

A Yahoo boy was once my tenant. Surprisingly, he was the best until things went really rough for him. Guy no pick for about 2 years.

Same man that used to pay his rent even before it expires and always pay his nepa bill in excess of six months, could no longer pay his rent. He even sold his car, chairs and flat-screen TV to survive.

I was soft with him cos I know when things were ok with him, he made the money flow but I needed my money. Dude later traveled to live in his hometown enugu owing me 1year 3months rent.

To avoid such from reoccurring, A lawyer is now responsible for collecting rents but one issue or the other still occurs. Though, I now have rest of mind unlike before.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:31pm On May 05, 2019
KpagoGIN:

Your post got me laughing..... Really don't know why but being a landlord is like baby sitting grown babies who know their rights.

Yes, you are right. They know the rent is due but expecting plenty phone calls n threats from you before they pay. Just yesterday, i put a call through to a tenant that is rent is due, he knows but won't pay nor call,he said give me till month end, i said no, that my life is budgeted on my rents, hung up. My wife was like, give him more time, i said yes i will but just need to shakara him, i swear not up to 1 hour, got an alert, this grown up man in his 50s paid, he has the money ready but needed to be charged up b4 payment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:33pm On May 05, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

A Yahoo boy was once my tenant. Surprisingly, he was the best until things went really rough for him. Guy no pick for about 2 years.

Same man that used to pay his rent even before it expires and always pay his nepa bill in excess of six months, could no longer pay his rent. He even sold his car, chairs and flat-screen TV to survive.

I was soft with him cos I know when things were ok with him, he made the money flow but I needed my money. Dude later traveled to live in his hometown enugu owing me 1year 3months rent.

To avoid such from reoccurring, A lawyer is now responsible for collecting rents but one issue or the other still occurs. Though, I now have rest of mind unlike before.
my tenant a FIRS staff is the worst always telling stories he was forming no money then change a car of 2 m ....ass hole

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 7:36pm On May 05, 2019
Grupo:

So, did you sell off the properties?

No cos i have more investments to rely on, hence no urge to sell, at least for now. But sure, got future plan to sell one of them. Somehow, there is kinda joy in me that i own those buildings

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sammyfabulous: 8:44pm On May 05, 2019
Pls any idea about last week's rate for 91days tenor?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by partnerbizz4: 12:09am On May 06, 2019
RealityShot:

BTW, why should I own a house and suffer maintenance, when Tbills can pay my rent and I can move on to the next new building whenever I want? Lol

There is a certain level of freedom you enjoy in your own house that landlords may not allow.

Again, certain businesses may require that you build your own office if you can, otherwise competitors may compel the landlord to issue notice to quit so as to frustrate you or take over.

Again, the ease of Tbills liquidation may lead to extravagance and profligacy. Someone with little or no discipline can easily liquidate and spend on liabilities like cars.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:32am On May 06, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by elpiro: 5:23am On May 06, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Their is a certain level of freedom you enjoy in your own house that landlords may not allow.

Again, certain businesses may require that you build your own office if you can otherwise competitors may compel the landlord to issue notice to quit so as to frustrate you or take over.

Again, the ease of Tbills liquidation may lead to extravagance and profligacy. Someone with little or no discipline can easily liquidate and spend on liabilities like cars.
Nice perspective
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 6:49am On May 06, 2019
RealityShot:

This is why rates are so low.

But... Where is all this liquidity coming from??

I pity all these people going long at current rates shaa...

Perhaps, CBN are minting at an alarming rate. The liquidity is so extra bogus.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:06am On May 06, 2019
Akin3891:

Your post got me to calculate my rent on my two houses, one since 2010 ,built nine years ago, the other for 7 yrs now ,after calculations, the first got me abt 40% money spent ,the second house got me abt 30% money spent. I've been to court severally as regards to two stubborn tenants, paid legal fee, during the space of ten years . I've received heavy punches from a bad tenant once, almost got my younger brother killed by same tenant. The court aren't helpful, a court case can go on for more than three years, the period the judge is to give judgment, your tenant would have vacate, so who will pay then? Thereafter, i changed plans to deal with bad tenants that will say it to your face that, you can't do shit, i use my soldiers friends, ( the tactic is that, the soldier is my younger brother, just posted frm d north, n will be staying in d flat, no assault or physical enforcement at all) few times it worked but that almost got me into trouble the last time i used that tactics ,the day i visited a tenant with soldiers, few days after ,his wife lost a pregnancy of more than nine months, the tenant told me, it's those soldiers that caused his wife panics n made her lost d baby ( later got to know that the baby was over due, and they couldn't afford a CS operation ,so baby died) . Just imagine this Tennant is well informed n financially ok n took the case up, i cld have lose my freedom . The pains behind being a lagos landlord is sometimes more than the enjoyment, it could cause one HBP n more. Since then, I've been super careful dealing with tenants, they can cause u more than you bargained for. But capital NO, TBS won't give me all these troubles so i will stick to it until something bigger show up. If you encounter bad tenants once, you will pray they go with d money, just for peace to reign

A tenant just moved into a vacant flat in the compound where i stay. He paid thousands for the flat. He does not want to pay for recharging prepaid meter to pump water or pay for refuse disposal. If he is asked, he will say that he does not have money but he has money to buy fuel for his generator which he puts on immediately there is power failure. Iam already wondering how he is going to pay the renewal of the rent at expiration of the current rent. From the way he moved in, it seems he was forcefully ejected from where he was coming from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On May 06, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

You knew he was a Yahoo boy when you gave him the key to the apartment?

Well, I believe landlords can overcome this challenge. Everything always seems impossible until someone finds a way.

Bankers for example don't waste money any longer on debt recovery team, they simply make you sign postdated cheque for a specified number of months and go to bed. smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 5:11pm On May 06, 2019
Hi all,

Please who can shed light on the FGN Savings Bond for May 2019 which opened today, Monday, 6th May, 2019?

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by akagson: 5:59pm On May 06, 2019
I just saw this thread when I was referred here by one other thread about savings interest rate. This thread started way back in 2012 and now has about 769 pages, which is a lot. Many information in this thread would be obsolete by now. Can someone suggest to me what page of this thread I can confidently start reading from to get the most updated information applicable to recent times.
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2019
akagson:
I just saw this thread when I was referred here by one other thread about savings interest rate. This thread started way back in 2012 and now has about 769 pages, which is a lot. Many information in this thread would be obsolete by now. Can someone suggest to me what page of this thread I can confidently start reading from to get the most updated information applicable to recent times.
Thanks.
from page one. All information is still very much valid.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lloydthesaint: 8:01pm On May 06, 2019
Please I'm new here
Good evening everyone
I need someone to shed some light in what tbills is all about I've done some googling still finding it hard to comprehend
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Legendguru: 10:02pm On May 06, 2019
i advice.those.looking.into property investment I mean.rent to think.twice.i have been.contemplating selling.some of my properties .its hard to get money out from tenants in.nigeria .the recent one i just gave a tenant.six weeks to pack out of my house.i work so hard to build these houses.all my labor stress my active years.imagine a tenant.telling.me.not to call his line anymore in my own house just because i ask him for rent fee.after overstaying for two months plus i have learned my lesson never to give an.ibo man.my.house to let again.never.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:24pm On May 06, 2019
Legendguru:
i advice.those.looking.into property investment I mean.rent to think.twice.i have been.contemplating selling.some of my properties .its hard to get money out from tenants in.nigeria .the recent one i just gave a tenant.six weeks to pack out of my house.i work so hard to build these houses.all my labor stress my active years.imagine a tenant.telling.me.not to call his line anymore in my own house just because i ask him for rent fee.after overstaying for two months plus i have learned my lesson never to give an.ibo man.my.house to let again.never.

oga carry this your Igbo man analogy somewhere else abeg. it is obvious are still in the 18th century

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:37pm On May 06, 2019
Legendguru:
You were making sense till you brought ethnicity into it.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38am On May 07, 2019
Nonsense,you mentioned Igbo as if other tribes does not owe.
Legendguru:

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55am On May 07, 2019
Pls I did my first treasury bill early this year and I ought to have been paid on 5-5-2019(on Sunday) but up till now, I haven't been credited. Someone should pls help me out, is there anything wrong or what's causing the delay in the payment? I'm just new to the TB.

Lest if forget, it is 91 days I did.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:03am On May 07, 2019
abejide1000:
Pls I did my first treasury bill early this year and I ought to have been paid on 5-5-2019(on Sunday) but up till now, I haven't been credited. Someone should pls help me out, is there anything wrong or what's causing the delay in the payment? I'm just new to the TB.

Lest if forget, it is 91 days I did.

Nothing to worry about am sure you should get it by noon today. Since you have your prove of investment, maintain your peace

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2019
Legendguru:

well the truth hurts. you as an ibo man know your people so well but will never say the truth .ibo lack morals and manner of approach.i have aboki as tenant and yoruba.all tenants owes rent and most overstay for months.the abokis which is even a businessman will approach me ahead when he will pay even the yoruba tenants.the ibo tenants are so arrogant lacks manner of approach and respect. i have three of them and only one hasnt given me much headache.
Well, you might need to check yourself.

The fact that someone is renting a flat in your house doesn't automatically mean you are above them and they have to lick your feet. - if you are rude to them, expect same. If you slap them, expect punch. If you push them, expect flying nodding. They are full grown men and you are not providing for them.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:02am On May 07, 2019
Pls since we are all bussiness people and investors pls investors don't have tribe or religion but profit and profit and profit then some losses ...bigotory,profiling would not add to our profits or know how....they are crazy people every where I seen hausa tenant that stayed for over 2 years without paying

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2019
Legendguru:

well the truth hurts. you as an ibo man know your people so well but will never say the truth .ibo lack morals and manner of approach.i have aboki as tenant and yoruba.all tenants owes rent and most overstay for months.the abokis which is even a businessman will approach me ahead when he will pay even the yoruba tenants.the ibo tenants are so arrogant lacks manner of approach and respect. i have three of them and only one hasnt given me much headache.

Okay, we have heard, "ibo" men are arrogant, they don't have morals, and they never say the truth.

Can you now get the fuuuck out of this place?

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 9:11am On May 07, 2019
Just sick and tired of all these i rich pass you stuff that have been going all these while in this place. I beg let us humble and swallow our prides afterall, all our gathering are ephemeral we are not even certain if the children we would leave them to will not waste them in a short while when we are no more. If you bought or built houses worth billions and have tenants to God be the Glory, if we have have 1billin in tb to God be the glory but enough of these i better pass u stuff that is surfacing here these days because this some how derail us sometime from useful discussions. My 2 kobo.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:12am On May 07, 2019
partnerbizz4:

There is a certain level of freedom you enjoy in your own house that landlords may not allow.

Again, certain businesses may require that you build your own office if you can, otherwise competitors may compel the landlord to issue notice to quit so as to frustrate you or take over.

You have brains!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 9:20am On May 07, 2019
i have checked and i wasn't able to locate the message about a link someone sent to the thread on daily updates secondary market rates for commercial banks. if you have the link kindly send it please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Well, you might need to check yourself.

The fact that someone is renting a flat in your house doesn't automatically mean you are above them and they have to lick your feet. - if you are rude to them, expect same. If you slap them, expect punch. If you push them expect flying nodding. They are full grown men and you are not providing for them.

This reply is simply LEGENDARY... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mumayo: 10:28am On May 07, 2019
please with stanbic, how long does it take to get tbills certificate?

also, how will I be notified? I need it urgently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:47am On May 07, 2019
First Bank gave 12.20 rate for 226 days for Secondary Market today. How good is that?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2019
Legendguru:

Aside the fact that your concluding statement reeks of needless tribalism, you made great points. Your tenant belongs to the category of people who simply WON'T pay (not necessarily because they can't afford to).

Most tenants believe landlords have less needs and priorities, reason many of them won't pay. The fact that rent is due for payment is not enough reason for them to pay. They expect you to give them a "strong reason" e.g. you need money for an urgent surgery, and stuff like that.

The poor share this mentality also. When they borrow from the rich, they hardly want to pay back. The fact that they owe you money is not enough reason to pay.

Same ideology runs in the veins of those who blame church goers for giving offerings in church. Why should you give offering to a rich pastor, (when obviously he can afford to keep the church running from the money he pulls out from his buttocks on a daily basis)?" After all, the church was built from the money he stole from World Bank.

Well, the ultimate lesson here is well noted.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.