Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441021 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mikeopara: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Dear gurus in the house, i really need advise on the below as i'm sure someone might have been in same situation.

I recently did a job and was paid in USD equivalent to 2.5m in naira

i spoke with my account manager he said i should convert the USD to Naira and continue my investment in Tb, this he claims will be more profitable in the long run.

The other option will be to invest in stanbic dollar fund.

Kindly recommend.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
mikeopara:
Dear gurus in the house, i really need advise on the below as i'm sure someone might have been in same situation.

I recently did a job and was paid in USD equivalent to 2.5m in naira.

i spoke with my account manager he said i should convert the USD to Naira and continue my investment in Tb, this he claims will be more profitable in the long run.

Kindly recommend.

Thanks.

Too much information

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by S4SOLOMON4(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
royalzee:
Below are some nice rates I saw on the I-INVEST APP........ Rates higher than all the banks I visited for Secondary market rates.......
But they do not pay interest upfront. Interest is added on a daily basis. It runs more like mmf other than the fact that the rate is fixed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
mikeopara:

Kindly recommend.

Thanks.
invest in NTB and you are good to go.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
mikeopara:

Kindly recommend.

Thanks.

If I were you,I will convert two-third to treasury bills I will invest the remaining dollars in dollar fund.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:51am On Jun 07, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
but u have to be careful ,I left my system open and my wife saw this investments chart ,all hell was loose she needs a new car for her and baby so I bought e.o.d for her but she refuse to drive it and uses my c 180 that the problem with women ,I go soon give the car to uber if she no want let them be remitting 35 k for her weekly
Bros, where would uber fetch you 35K weekly?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 07, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MGeey(f): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2019
Please when is the next TB auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
MGeey:
Please when is the next TB auction?

Next week. Around 13th

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Guys, I am a bit of a novice in this TB stuff. For TBs with tenor of 91 and 182 days at 10% and 10.3% respectively, what significant advantage does the second have over the first? Is the second compounded twice? Is it less advantageous to subscribe the 91 days with an order to keep reinvesting the principal plus interest?

Note: The significance level is based on a capital of say 500k to 1m NGN.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bikerboy1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
RealityShot:

Emefiele be driving rates down unsustainably.
He will soon be forced to jack rates back UP!

ECONOMY DOES NOT SUPPORT these drops dors it?

If the rate increases in the near future, does it affect positively the rate with which you invested. Or your contract sticks to the rate you invested in.

Eg. You entered at 11.5% for 320days. After 100 days, the rate increases to 13%, will this improve your earnings, or everything will be based on the rate you entered.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
reservd:

Custody fee? No one mentioned this at least on d last 20+ pages I'v read. Pls someone explain it. Secondly must u have an acct wit d bank u want to invest tbills wit?

Yay! Somebody who reads. Kudos.

The banks take a small fee for the transaction. it's usually abt 0.1 percent or so. nothing to worry about.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
will you kindly shut up?
We know he is lazy because he is lazy
Noone here has ever claimed to know everything about bills
I learnt everything I know on here then I do my research
Noone here owes you any s***,if anyone answers you they have done a great favour,if they dont,find out for yourself

I can tell you for free people who get answers here are people who have done their homework and who ask nicely
Melissa16:

Since you are lazy to just read a few pages, how much are you going to pay the so called mentor?

I'm ready to mentor you. I don't charge much, just $18 per hour.

And how do you know he is lazy? Simple question, because of how many knowledge that you think you have?you forming God. Am a newbie,have read practically all the threads on this topic. And yes,it wouldn't be a bad idea,for me to want to hear,from someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
missjekyll:

Yay! Somebody who reads. Kudos.

The banks take a small fee for the transaction. it's usually abt 0.1 percent or so. nothing to worry about.
Thx miss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2019
bikerboy1:

If the rate increases in the near future, does it affect positively the rate with which you invested. Or your contract sticks to the rate you invested in.

Eg. You entered at 11.5% for 320days. After 100 days, the rate increases to 13%, will this improve your earnings, or everything will be based on the rate you entered.

Thanks

everything will be based on the rate you entered.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Sterling bank is a full service national commercial bank founded in 1960 with a total asset of N0.8 trillion. Your money is safe.

The owner of the app is doing his own thing o. He is just a customer of sterling bank like you. Please read the small print. When masala burst, sterling no go answer you o.

This app has been discussed here before. Do a search for the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
All these questions you people are asking have been answered in the previous pages. Just be patient and go tru it. I started T-bills just February 2019 (were I lock down at 14.9%) and I seem to know virtually everything. I have even commenced Eurobond negotiation with my bank stanbic (funds is in GTB). —all the info I got in this platform made me who I am today in T-bills investing. Please newbie if you are sincere to yourself about investing for your future, 700 pages is no big deal, please go tru it, and equip yourself, instead of waiting for someone to answer a question that is already in platform. When started I went tru about 600 pages patiently, even jolting down things as if I wanted to write exam. My account officer respect me because of the confidence I display when am talking to him about T-bills. Thanks guys for those 600 pages and still counting. Bdc is next inline for me.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
missjekyll:

The owner of the app is doing his own thing o. He is just a customer of sterling bank like you. Please read the small print. When masala burst, sterling no go answer you o.

I don't totally agree with you on this. This is morr like a partnership or a subsidiary. Sterling have the information on their website. I-invest also contact you using sterling customer service line.

https://sterling.ng/personal/investment/

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
bikerboy1:

Thanks

The rate at the time you entered will be held down till maturity. It does not change nor waver.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
IHelp:

I don't totally agree with you on this. This is morr like a partnership or a subsidiary. Sterling have the information on their website. I-invest also contact you using sterling customer service line.

https://sterling.ng/personal/investment/

This has been discussed extensively in the previous pages. Who ever wants to use the I-invest app should go tru those pages. I know guys quarreled over I-invest app in about three pages. So just go back to those pages and make ur decision. Because if we allow this I-invest discussion here again it’s going to waste another four pages�loll

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
Union Bank 11% 97 days today for secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MGeey(f): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
DanXplore:

Next week. Around 13th

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
igbizen:
All these questions you people are asking have been answered in the previous pages. Just be patient and go tru it. I started T-bills just February 2019 (were I lock down at 14.9%) and I seem to know virtually everything. I have even commenced Eurobond negotiation with my bank stanbic (funds is in GTB). —all the info I got in this platform made me who I am today in T-bills investing. Please newbie if you are sincere to yourself about investing for your future, 700 pages is no big deal, please go tru it, and equip yourself, instead of waiting for someone to answer a question that is already in platform. When started I went tru about 600 pages patiently, even jolting down things as if I wanted to write exam. My account officer respect me because of the confidence I display when am talking to him about T-bills. Thanks guys for those 600 pages and still counting. Bdc is next inline for me.

Good Luck bro !
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
GTB RATE FOR TODAY
TENOR
RATE
77days
10.00%

175days
11.50%

357days
11.75%

357 Days was ok for me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
igbizen:

choi another one!!This thread is on fire today o.

You cannot invest your money based on hearsay,people of God. Do your research
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
lancee:
GTB RATE FOR TODAY TENOR RATE 77days 10.00%
175days 11.50%
357days 11.75%
357 Days was ok for me
thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
missjekyll:

Fintech (financial technology) companies are here to stay. Sterling bank has a reputation to keep, I'm sure the bank conducted a due diligence before partnering with Parthian Partners.

Moreover, all investments are held in safe custody by a licensed securities custodian and under the purview of SEC.

And yes, I agree the owner of the app is doing his own thing. Same way Uzoma Dozie did his thing at Diamond bank; same way Agbaje is doing own thing at GTBank. Someone must start and oversee an entity to function.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Fintech (financial technology) companies are here to stay. Sterling bank has a reputation to keep, I'm sure the bank conducted a due diligence before partnering with Parthian Partners.

Moreover, all investments are held in safe custody by a licensed securities custodian and under the purview of SEC.

And yes, I agree the owner of the app is doing is own thing. Same way Uzoma Dozie did his own thing at Diamond bank; same way Agbaje is doing own thing at GTBank. Someone must start and oversee an entity to function.

Diamond bank?Really?

Poster ,please read the fine print very very carefully. Acidosis will not give you money when kasala burst o.
I wonder who is dragging ''fintech'' with him? #thinkingaloud

Fintech Fintech ontop patchy naija network.OYO

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
bikerboy1:

Thanks
its stuck to the rate at which you entered
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
missjekyll:

Diamond bank?Really?

Poster ,please read the fine print very very carefully. Acidosis will not give you money when kasala burst o.
I wonder who is dragging ''fintech'' with him? #thinkingaloud

Fintech Fintech ontop patchy naija network.OYO

Your ignorance is nauseating.

And yes, I agree, investors should think for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by introvertme: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Acidosis:

Your ignorance is nauseating.

And yes, I agree, investors should think for themselves.

The country isn't the right one for fintech startups at all, There isn't any trust anymore in these startups due to truckload of scams in Nigeria.

Ordinary konga pay, fear no let me deposit when I see the Kain customer care them get and news about them dealing with bankruptcy. Till now konga still dey owe people money shamelessly, despite the fact that they've been acquired by yudala.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: presiade(m), Antivenom and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.