Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459468 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
RealityShot:
that is why you should write a WILL and only your lawyer will REVEAL your true worth and sharing formula after demise.

Then highest you tell your family is, all will be fine if I go.

My father earned millions in his active years, but telling his wife his salary and all ruined him! She kept buying useless gold and JUST ONE DAY thieves came and stole them ALL!

HER EXPENSIVE CAR WAS STOLEN TOO..
Luxury brings termites, and termites leave NOTHING.

One girlfriend saw my account balance once (thanks to stupid bank SMS at the wrong moment)
and she left me! Not knowing that's one of 2 accounts.

Today, I don't even keep 5k in any account!

Thank God for saving your life BTW!

Seriously how come
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
RealityShot:
that is why you should write a WILL and only your lawyer will REVEAL your true worth and sharing formula after demise.

Then highest you tell your family is, all will be fine if I go.

My father earned millions in his active years, but telling his wife his salary and all ruined him! She kept buying useless gold and JUST ONE DAY thieves came and stole them ALL!

HER EXPENSIVE CAR WAS STOLEN TOO..
Luxury brings termites, and termites leave NOTHING.

One girlfriend saw my account balance once (thanks to stupid bank SMS at the wrong moment)
and she left me! Not knowing that's one of 2 accounts.

Today, I don't even keep 5k in any account!

Thank God for saving your life BTW!

Thanks, I'm sure gonna pen down my WILL soonest, so i don't need to start narrating it in the last minute. May almighty God gives us all long life

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Thanks bro I have been working since morning I close very late today just open the thread now I saw your reply thanks for the information and the experience your share not everyone can do that due to human nature.
walcolm:

You don't need any mentorship on tbills investment.

Tbills are safe secure, slow and lazy investment type which is why all Nigerian banks have a large chunk of their balance sheet in tbills. The chances of losing your money is closer to zero unless you give your money to a fake or wonder bank. If you stick to regular banks even your current bank, you should be fine

Concerning interest rate offered by the banks, the different maturities should be within 1% of each other and unless you're investing in the tens of millions, the absolute return in that 1% ball pack is not enough to jump from bank to bank for.

As you would have seen on this thread, you have the choice of buying primary or secondary market Bill's and again, unless you're buying huge chunks, the difference in rate between the two market is not significant. Dont waste your time going after the extra 1 or 2% if your capital is not at least 10m...

These are my personal views based on the my own valuation

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
women with money and second wife....guys just be careful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Akin3891:

Thanks, I'm sure gonna pen down my WILL soonest, so i don't need to start narrating it in the last minute. May almighty God gives us all long life
AMEN O!

we need to fly the new SAVING-INVESTORS flag in 20 years time and teach the next generations this act of simple compound interest.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
oluayebenz:

Seriously how come
I keep anything between 15k-99k in mutual funds.
Above that goes to Tbills.
I withdraw till like 4-5k only remain in account..Mostly it's 1k seff for recharge cards... Lol

Bankers must be vexing for me!

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
RealityShot:
I withdraw till like 4-5k only remain in account..Mostly it's 1k seff for recharge cards... Lol

So, you don't keep money for daily upkeep in your account?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2019
Bro thanks for the information I downloaded the app some minutes ago and is work well have done some transactions with it God bless
walcolm:

I use the app and I have used my debit card to fund and requested remittance to my bank account multiple times with no problem

I personally see no point walking into a bank to waste my time when I can use an app like this for my tbills investment

That's my personal experience to date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 03, 2019
Just go for secondary market, the difference is not much.
zamirikpo:
Am enjoying this gist abt wife and money but u guyz have refused to look into stanbic and first bank.

It's like they are intentionally ignoring filling in our primary market purchase request with the intention of selling secondary rates to us.

Last auction was the 3rd time my request has been ignored. They would say it wasn't successful...WHY.

Wayo Don dey enter ooh....

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2019
You nailed it, to know your wife should be the main point here, i have the same type of wife as yours, could you imagine that i bought my wife iphone xs max 256GB last week and she was like that is too much i should have bought a smaller phone for her and save rest of the money, there are still extremely good women out there too who material things don't freak.
Barrytone:
Man know thyself also know your wife. My wife knows all my investment and the worth. Been trying to educate her on how to calculate tbills but she aint interested. I want her to continue the investment when am gone. Will get my kids involved when they reach 15years. I will expect them to start investing from their first salary. My wife is even cutting down her demands so i can invest. More reason am suspended my investment to buy her a car. Just imagining that I die and one young boy come deceive my wife and squander my money. Let her squeeze the interest, the capital will generate another one.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Thisnut(m): 5:21am On Jun 03, 2019
Akin3891:

I will never advice anyone to tell his wife his total worth (in cash) , it's okay if she's informed about your overall investments . There was a day i felt terribly sick in the midnight, i thought I was gonna die, my wife was beside me doing all she could , then i said, my dear this is my worths, told her d sharing patterns (i was only concerned about the cash not houses or cars).i cld see some surprises in her face even in my dying state, God took total control and still keeping my alive. Thereafter, new requests roll in: such as, i do give my wife a monthly salary, i told her the salaries come from TBS n that is why it's regular ,then she said, you give me 100k a month, so calculate the total worth of TB than can fetch 100k a month, then give me all at once,i will like to have all in my name... I smile .cld do that but if you finish it like a prodigal son, don't come asking for more n besides i have an investment pattern that increases my TBS every six month which of course increases her monthly salaries thereafter, she now understand with me the money increases then gave me her ok. But her demands in material things increased, now to say i don't have cash is kinda difficult because she knows my worth, can only keep the incoming inflows away from her. Her fear of me taking a second wife also surge, imagine this is my 14 yrs with her, i don't take alcohol ,always sober so i don't do bitches. But overall she's a good woman n understanding type else things would have gotten out of hands.
the purpose of the marriage is defeated if there is no transparency amongst both parties.
Your significant other should be 100 percent involved in all your decisions, not limited to financial decisions as well. Transparency brings closure and intimacy in marriages. Very wrong for your spouse to find things about you from outside.

#Coming from a lone wolf.

19 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2019
Bravedude112:
Just go for secondary market, the difference is not much.

The difference would be ooh.... cos of the sum and the tenure. Secondary usually has less than 300 days. And am working on a budget, I need that upfront money to buy product for my station.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2019
Thisnut:
the purpose of the marriage is defeated if there is no transparency amongst both parties.
Your significant other should be 100 percent involved in all your decisions, not limited to financial decisions as well. Transparency brings closure and intimacy in marriages. Very wrong for your spouse to find things about you from outside.

Chief am sure u are still single grin......somethings are better left to her imagination.

A man may have more or less than his wife imagines but it's safer she keeps guessing. Cos if she knows the exert figure and it's way below her expectation na wahala, if its much more still wahala.

Most importantly let her know where and how to get it in case something happens.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2019
zamirikpo:

Chief am sure u are still single grin......somethings are better left to her imagination.

A man may have more or less than his wife imagines but it's safer she keeps guessing. Cos if she knows the exert figure and it's way below her expectation na wahala, if its much more still wahala.

Most importantly let her know where and how to get it in case something happens.
*Word

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2019
Barrytone:
Man know thyself also know your wife. My wife knows all my investment and the worth. Been trying to educate her on how to calculate tbills but she aint interested. I want her to continue the investment when am gone. Will get my kids involved when they reach 15years. I will expect them to start investing from their first salary. My wife is even cutting down her demands so i can invest. More reason am suspending my investment to buy her a car. Just imagining that I die and one young boy come and deceive my wife and squander my money. Let her squander the interest, the capital will generate another one.

A lot of women do the same and hide theirs far better than men do. And their stash ehn, no bè here. It's usually easier to guilt trip the man into coughing up dough. For the reverse to happen, you go sweat! In fact, if they happen to pass on before you, you fit no see shishi collect. The mentality of "another woman will chop my sweat" if the man remarries is there.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by holysaint1(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2019
Okay.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 03, 2019
Last auction failed means you've wasted almost 3weeks without investing,check how much you've lose in 3weeks then you will realize that it is better to do secondary market,i did 321days with first bank @12.15% on may 17 instead of waiting for the next primary market which was 2weeks later or so. Check with your bank you can get a longer tenure at the secondary market instead of keeping the funds idle in your account. In tbills everyday counts!
zamirikpo:

The difference would be ooh.... cos of the sum and the tenure. Secondary usually has less than 300 days. And am working on a budget, I need that upfront money to buy product for my station.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Otunbalai(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2019
Dunkofia20:
Bro thanks for the information I downloaded the app some minutes ago and is work well have done some transactions with it God bless
what app is that please ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
What’s the current secondary rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bravedude112:
Last auction failed means you've wasted almost 3weeks without investing,check how much you've lose in 3weeks then you will realize that it is better to do secondary market,i did 321days with first bank @12.15% on may 17 instead of waiting for the next primary market which was 2weeks later or so. Check with your bank you can get a longer tenure at the secondary market instead of keeping the funds idle in your account. In tbills everyday counts!

I cannot even remember the last time i did any primary market auction.

I just shop around for the best available rates for the tenor am looking at and go in immediately...most times delays are dangerous, most especially when you can see in the horizons that rates are not going up any moments soon.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benson4u(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
What about Carbon (Paylater) investment? How safe is it, has anyone here used them? What are the Pros and Cons of the App?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Otunbalai(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
please who has done Tbills today, which bank has the highest interest rate ? kindly assist, access bank told me 9% interest rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
benson4u:
What about Carbon (Paylater) investment? How safe is it, has anyone here used them? What are the Pros and Cons of the App?
This is tbills thread. Lunatic! angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
GTB RATES TODAY

MATURITY
TENOR
RATE
22-Aug-2019
80 days
10.00%

28-Nov-2019
178 days
11.00%

16-Apr-2020
318 days
11.40%

Election fear no let me keyed most funds at 14+... Atimes good to take some calculated risk
Either i take this now or wait 2weeks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stposh: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thank you.
walcolm:

I use the app and I have used my debit card to fund and requested remittance to my bank account multiple times with no problem

I personally see no point walking into a bank to waste my time when I can use an app like this for my tbills investment

That's my personal experience to date
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2019
Secondary Market rates today

Stanbic IBTC

348 days @ 11.35%
230 days @ 11.45%
171 days @ 11.20%

FBN

346 days @ 11.4%
318 days @ 11.2%
269 days @ 11%
220 days @10.9%
164 days @10.7%
87 days @ 9.54%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Melissa16: 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
Since you are lazy to just read a few pages, how much are you going to pay the so called mentor?

I'm ready to mentor you. I don't charge much, just $18 per hour.

And how do you know he is lazy? Simple question, because of how many knowledge that you think you have?you forming God. Am a newbie,have read practically all the threads on this topic. And yes,it wouldn't be a bad idea,for me to want to hear,from someone else.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
Grupo:

So, you don't keep money for daily upkeep in your account?
nope!
highest i need is like 5k. it stays at home. Dont want to be running to ATM for change.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2019
sammily:
Secondary Market rates today
Stanbic IBTC
348 days @ 11.35% 230 days @ 11.45% 171 days @ 11.20%
FBN
346 days @ 11.4% 318 days @ 11.2% 269 days @ 11% 220 days @10.9% 164 days @10.7% 87 days @ 9.54%

Emefiele be driving rates down unsustainably. He will soon be forced to jack rates back UP!
ECONOMY DOES NOT SUPPORT these drops dors it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
holysaint1:
Would really love to start up this tbills or mutual fund investment. But my cash at hand is saying the exact opposite.

Please if you have, or happen to know someone that has any open position in which a bsc or ssce holder can occupy, kindly help with the contact or email and I will reach out.

This might be wrong, but pls admin kindly bear with me. I simply have to try an unsolicited method. Thanks.
ssce work full everywhere..
just look along the roads.

teaching work is in august.

sales jobs boku yakata

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thisnut:

lol...look around you and ask questions about RICH men's families.

i have a RICH uncle and a POOR dad.

Difference 1:
uncle's wife doesnt even know his BANK! my dad (lol) gives account of every dime he makes to madam (who promptly demands her share.)

Difference 2:....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
RealityShot:

Wanna ask, between reinvesting your profit on your tbills and investing the profit in mutual fund, which is better. I’m talking over 100k profit

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: sonshyne and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.