Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439586 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chuchucalgary: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
lastmessenger:
well I just subscribe for the primary option through Fidelity bank. I asked them to use their bank rate. Let's see how the thing go be.

Has fidelity debited you yet sir.?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2019
chuchucalgary:

Has fidelity debited you yet sir.?
not yet but I called their helpline to enquire and was told my bid was successful. So anytime from now, I expect to be debited
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chuchucalgary: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
lastmessenger:
not yet but I called their helpline to enquire and was told my bid was successful. So anytime from now, I expect to be debited
That's good, at what rate please? I tried ur style, but they refused to give their rates at my branch, so I went with 11.7% for 182days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
chuchucalgary:

That's good, at what rate please? I tried ur style, but they refused to give their rates at my branch, so I went with 11.7% for 182days.
I didn't enquire about the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2019
Anybody got credited for 182days, stanbic ibtc? Just called my bank officer and her reply was “still bidding”. Money has been deducted from my account but the ledger balance still shows the complete money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HeliosHay(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
According to Emefiele, the CBN could consider devaluing the USD/Naira exchange rate if the price of crude falls to between $50-$45 (currently $75).

He also mentioned that if this happens and the external drops to between $30 billion and $25 billion, they could consider moving on the exchange rate.

He, however, stressed that even if they were to devalue the naira, it would be a rather slow adjustment rather than a sudden movement.

I think this is welcome news..more confidence to invest in TB for the long haul given we now have metrics we can track and know when to consider pulling out.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/07/03/this-is-when-i-will-devalue-the-naira-emefiele/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
I just aborted 90% of my investment at iinvest app. I opt to recalled my cash following the epilepsy of the internet at large.
The widrawal process remain as fast as it was as my bank account was credited instantly.
Kudos to the team for simplifying Treasury bills in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Just got debited for 182days. For 2.5M I got 145k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibrahim505:
I just aborted 90% of my investment at iinvest app. I opt to recalled my cash following the epilepsy of the internet at large.
The widrawal process remain as fast as it was as my bank account was credited instantly.

"Epilepsy of the internet at large?" What does this mean, exactly?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
Bamz:
ukay2

Thanks for the update. I hope GT's rate is not far off from 11.7% for 182 days.

GT's bid was successful at 11.5% for 182. grin Not bad.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibrahim505:
I felt like I shud have waited till today before I placed my last tbills on the app. That was like a month now. They have very nice rates currently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

I felt like I shud have waited till today before I placed my last tbills on the app. That was like a month now. They have very nice rates currently.

Honestly, I just placed 150k at 13.1% for 91 days.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2019
koonbey:

"Epilepsy of the internet at large?" What does this mean, exactly?
Those that browse the internet regularly would believe 'there is problem accessing some web pages recently' leading to panic among heavy internet users.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nettuno: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please what are the stop rates for FBN at the last auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibrahim505:

Those that browse the internet regularly would believe 'there is problem accessing some web pages recently' leading to panic among heavy internet users.

So because there was some network difficulty on WhatsApp and on some websites, you liquidated your investment?

Oh wow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

pls which bank allowed you to invest this amount?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
TissuePaper:
pls which bank allowed you to invest this amount?

Ww are talking of I-Invest treasury bill application; here, you choose what you want at your preferred rate as all rates and tenures have been stated already.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

Ww are talking of I-Invest treasury bill application; here, you choose what you want at your preferred rate as all rates and tenures have been stated already.
wow...seems i'll key into this with like 500k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 7:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

how much interest did the 150k give you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
TissuePaper:
how much interest did the 150k give you?

Search for I-Invest app on google play, download it and see for yourself.

U don't need to invest immediately, but the process involved took me less than 3/minutes to invest after making some empirical research about its reliability.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

The recent attractive rates is possibly as a result of investors preliquidating their investments following cloud servers sickness.
Some even preliquidates their investment 15 days to maturity.
I trust iinvest team but I've less confidence with internet today.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello house, I guess I missed the treasury Bill's auction for this week. please when is the next auction taking place?

Secondly, can i fill the form now and put today's date while i send it to my account officer to help with the transaction at the next auction since u i am based abroad. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
Ibrahim505:

The recent attractive rates is possibly as a result of investors preliquidating their investments following cloud servers sickness.
Some even preliquidates their investment 15 days to maturity.
I trust iinvest team but I've less confidence with internet today.
I'm scared of internet too bro.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JesusBorn: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2019
Please what is the minimum amount I can invest in TB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apus: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2019
JesusBorn:
Please what is the minimum amount I can invest in TB?

As low as 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JesusBorn: 10:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Apus:

As low as 100k

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by epadomo(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Hi, my name is Temitope Adeagbo. I work with American International (Aiico Insurance PLC), I offer service's extensively in the area of future financial security, children education and endowment fundings,retirement planning, project fundings and so much more. For more enquiries contact; 08060995086 or e-mail; temifirst2015@gmail.com. At AIICO PLC your Stability is Assured. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Babalakin(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

where please..can I still bid today?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Babalakin(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

Search for I-Invest app on google play, download it and see for yourself.

U don't need to invest immediately, but the process involved took me less than 3/minutes to invest after making some empirical research about its reliability.
which of the i-invest please.i can see about 3 of them on the play store.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
I doubt if one can get better rates elsewhere than what is on i-invest currently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
Babalakin:
which of the i-invest please.i can see about 3 of them on the play store.

I-Invest
parthian partners

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.