Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? (5462 Views)

Poll: Is it acceptable for a guy to badmouth his competition to get a girl?

Yes: 12% (8 votes)
No: 87% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Do You Sometimes Wish It's "Acceptable" To Ask A Guy Out? / SECRETS PLAYERS USE TO GET GIRLS YOU CAN NEVER DATE. / How To Get Girls In Bed - Girls Will Find It Hard To Resist You After This Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by fashizzle(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2007
Do you think its ok for guys to talk negatively about other guys to get girls?

Different Cases in point:
(1) Deliberately saying bad/negative things which are irrelevant in the context of your relations

(2) Saying negative things which may be relevant. e.g. Would you mention to a girl you're interested in that another guy, also toasting her, is seeing another girl as well, ?

(3) Working class guys with financial stability putting down so called "small boys" eg students to get with their girls (we've all heard statements like - when are you going to leave that chewing gum boyfriend of yours?).

Personal opinion - its very wrong and a dishonor to the fine art of courting,

comments please?
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by jkpretty(f): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2007
Smart girls can easily figure out such guys who bad mouth to get their desired interest, easily.

Its now up to the girl to make a firm decision of whom she wants.

I've often heard some guys say "Don't just think about listening to that guy he's got a girlfriend" some bad mouth could actually be to protect a lady's choice, while some is actually for selfish interest.

But whatever the case may be, some how u'lld be able to discern which is which wink
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Joey82(m): 11:51am On Oct 23, 2007
Bad mouthing is strictly a sign of weakness, gals who're worth their onions neva get 2 appreciate badmouthed guys.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by jkpretty(f): 11:58am On Oct 23, 2007
Joey82:

Bad mouthing is strictly a sign of weakness, gals who're worth their onions never get 2 appreciate badmouthed guys.

Yeah, Its a loser's tool, which is easily figured out
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Bolarge(m): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
It's called "burning your cable". grin
Very old and very wack losers' move.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by iice(f): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2007
Nah. . .speaks alot about the person, no way in my zone grin
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by olanajim(m): 11:25pm On Oct 25, 2007
I think ladies and gents should know that when someone starts badmouthing others to win favour, be it love or whatever, then that fellow would inevitably be exposing his/her defficiencies. I honestly love hearing people who badmouth others because my psychological instinct works at it best during that time. I would know instantly the kind of person they are and quickly decide whether to run or crowl away.

Backbitting is a dangerous habit that hurt the carrier more than the victims. Yet, it may be true. Unfortunately, truth don't sell as fast as the falsehood. It is a bitter pill that too hard to swallow by many of us.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by simplysmat(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2007
Only shitheads do that.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by fashizzle(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2007
Yeah well seems I've been meeting a lot of shitheads lately then.

@iice
That "attempting to give a damn" stuff u got on your profile is pretty neat. Know where I can download it from?
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by iice(f): 2:02am On Oct 27, 2007
Fashizzle, you can just right click the one on my profile and save it
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2007
"All is fair in love and war". All that matters at the end of the day is propagating your genetic seed! cheesy
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by whitelexi(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2007
At the end of the day, its not who the girl dances with but who she follows home that matters grin

I think during school days, girls probably just used guys to practice their skills - which they used finally to land financially stable men.

I had a very pretty girlfriend while in school and sometimes i felt i couldnt handle her, she kept getting attention from young bankers and peeps like that. She tried oh, staying with me with all the temptation coming in form of gifts and stuff from these guys. I think a girl who loves u will stay with u, its not something u can handle. . . give her total freedom, and watch her reactions, if she goes - good riddance, if she stays - respect her!
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2007
Bolarge:

It's called "burning your cable". grin
Very old and very wack losers' move.
aha grin
Losers do that,
What for, do your own and let her judge cool
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by pheesayor(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2007
whitelexi:

At the end of the day, its not who the girl dances with but who she follows home that matters grin

I think during school days, girls probably just used guys to practice their skills - which they used finally to land financially stable men.

I had a very pretty girlfriend while in school and sometimes i felt i couldnt handle her, she kept getting attention from young bankers and peeps like that. She tried oh, staying with me with all the temptation coming in form of gifts and stuff from these guys. I think a girl who loves u will stay with u, its not something u can handle. . . give her total freedom, and watch her reactions, if she goes - good riddance, if she stays - respect her!

nice one, nothing but the truth
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by ruemu(m): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2007
It's just a matter of time, same person will bad mouth you to others too.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by toshmann(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2007
when i was in school in naija, person tell babe wey i dey hussle say i get epilepsy embarassed before the matter was discovered and then resolved, the guy don slam the babe comot angry
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by efuah(f): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2007
whitelexi:

very right smiley
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2007
ruemu:

It's just a matter of time, same person will bad mouth you to others too.
thats the truth
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by lamisanya(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2007
Any Guy Burning another Guys cable is just a weakling. It all boils down to an inferiority complex. Since you can't above the competition,he just tears it down. I hope the girl is sharp enough to smell a rat. It's his Guy today, it could be Her tomorrow.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Toobi(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2007
ITS VERY WRONG TO BAD MOUTH. SAY YOUR PIECE TO THE GAL AND LET HER DECIDE WHO SHE WANTS TO BE WITH.
GUYS WHO BADMOUTH ARE NOT SINCERE.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by Orikinla(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2007
Only lazy men compete for women.

Only fools will use slander against their so called competitors to woo and win girls.

A very busy hard working man does not have time for such petty things.

To Nigerian men in general, please focus your much needed energies on proactive efforts for nation building and do not waste your time and resources on perishable pleasures.

I have looked at most Nigerians, and your selfish carnal interests and your ultimate ambitions cannot uplift Nigeria.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by ifyalways(f): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2007
its not at all good and anot acceptable by me.
i would definitely NEVER go out with such a man.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by segzicres(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2007
well my last girlfriend was badmouthed about me and she fell for it later she realised it and begged to come back but i didn't want a relationship with someone who can't come to her own conclusion on what she sees but what she hears.
it is for guys without game!!!
weaklings who can't spit game and are liverless.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by theboy0808(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2007
segzi cres:

well my last girlfriend was badmouthed about me and she fell for it later she realised it and begged to come back but i didn't want a relationship with someone who can't come to her own conclusion on what she sees but what she hears.
it is for guys without game!!!
weaklings who can't spit game and are liverless.

Abeg help me tell them
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by oge4real(f): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2007
it is a pure sign of inferiority complex.
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by samix(m): 12:52am On Oct 28, 2007
shit happens, just do u game tightly my peeps tongue grin cool lipsrsealed
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by techie(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2007
hmm badmouthing,

If subtly, obliquely done and perfectly executed is acceptable to me! I believe everyone does it at some level.

Alls far is ove and war!!!! grin
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by techie(m): 7:11am On Oct 28, 2007
hmm badmouthing,

If subtley, obliquely done and perfectly executed is acceptable to me! I believe everyone does it at some level.

All's fair in love and war!!!! grin
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by mellow(m): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2007
Apperently, it appears to me that no one ever ask you how or with what

you killed your enemy so long aas you have killed the enemy. So you use

badmouthing to defeat your opponent, its no big deal to me. A wee bit of

badmouthing now and then does not go astray.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by oshoyombo(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2007
Its a very wrong move, only slackers and guys with complex issues do such!!!!
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by fashizzle(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2007
@iice
Tried that but its saves as a pix and doesn't do the whole faux-loading stuff,
Anyway, found it on a site now - it has lots of neat stuff like that. You might want to check it out
http://dennisjudd.com/​gallery/​

At thread: Its only wrong if you're doing it deliberately to get the upper hand, but sometimes its just expressing how u feel. For example I took a girl out sometime ago and was wearing a polo shirt with the collar down and she says "thats not how its worn, the boys in my school wear it with the collar up" , and I could resist a "well feel free to educate them on my behalf next time you notice such juvenile behaviour, " jibe.
Does this fall under badmouthing the competition? Don't think so,
Re: Badmouthing The Competition To Get Girls (Acceptable Or not)? by redsun(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2007
Small minds discuss people,you can know a person from the way he or she talks,it says it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Ladies Are Boring...not Current! / thread closed / See Whot These Couple Are Doing Outside (18+ Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.