Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Situation In Yorubaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Situation In Yorubaland (5591 Views)

Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by koruji(m): 12:20am On Feb 27, 2012
What comment did someone make? You provide no context, and come here to open a thread like this - that makes you look like you are promoting tribal strive.

This is one of the greatest problems we face in Nigeria. It is either people are reacting to each other based on tribe or they are rejecting good advice based on the tribe of the adviser.

Either way, it never produces positive outcomes. Think about the possibility that the person you referred to below was himself reacting to tribalistic rants about Yorubas. Hence the cycle of hate and strive continues.

The danger is that someone, somewhere actually decides to go a step further, and visit violence on others based on what were, at the begining, mere silliness.

Just notice how BH has being expanding the reasons for their evil acts - now it is common for them to claim that they are killing and maiming because someone ate the flesh of muslims that were killed in previous violence. This particular accusation was probably idle talk that started somewhere along the line, perhaps delibrately, but in the desperate ears of Boko Haram it justifies bombing churches and any other place that fits their fancy.

We need to be careful on all sides.

Finally, if you read the sometimes comical posts by Musiwa you would know that Yorubas suffer no illusion about the state of development in their region. It is actually the realization that we can do better than this if we have the freehand to administer our affairs, rather than the incompetent surrogates (of a name I would not speak) that the rest of the country fraudulently imposes on us, that drives our desire for change.

If we didn't perceive a deficit of development our agitation for it would not be so loud.

htajz:

i dont have any problem , if i had i would have opened the thread long ago with my own experience ,  it just struck me after i read the guys comment today on facebook.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2012
Can someone explain to me why Yorubas are now the bogeymen of Nigeria?

Jeez!!! Pretty soon, some tool will come and whine on NL about his impotency on account of having a Yoruba neighbour. 

Providence, please smile on us and give us true federalism already.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 12:48am On Feb 27, 2012
tpia@:

ngodigha

so nobody anywhere couldnt do the same?

please let us hear word.

if the man is caught, he'll be punished and the well drained and cleansed.

end of.

Nice idea.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by tpia5: 3:01am On Feb 27, 2012
^^no biggie.

obviously the man must have some mental issues.

besides, one of the risks of using a well is anything could fall into it eg lizard, chicken, etc.

when that happens, you empty the well of water [as much as you can] and the offending object, and clean the well by pouring salt or whatever is used in such situations, inside it.

if it's beyond repair, then you dig another one.

cant really remember what goes.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by dayokanu(m): 3:18am On Feb 27, 2012
Maybe the situation in Yorubaland would stop all those non Yorubas from migrating there en masse

maybe their own village is worse than Yoruba land
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by EzeUche(m): 3:22am On Feb 27, 2012
Was this thread even necessary? Every single region in Nigeria has its own problems. Comparing which region is the poorest or is the most undeveloped is like comparing a deaf man with a mute man. Both individuals have a disability.

There are no winners in this "competition," only losers. This goes out to both Yorubas and Igbos, since both of our regions have problems that need to be fixed.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ejine(m): 3:35am On Feb 27, 2012
Dayokanu, DuduNegro, Igbaodun, Babsjnr

cheesy cheesy I'm seriously laughing at your stuupidity right now, cuz what you moorons have failed to realize is that Htajz is a full born and bred Ijaw son, and NOT even an Igbo! grin
But as the expected failures you are, you already started out misfiring and throwing futile Igbo-meant insults at the guy while he sat back and laughed at you idiiots to his heart's content grin. This has also gone to show the already known fact about your pathetic innate Igbo obsession. So, tell me now who the loser is grin
Majority of you guys are known to be so ignorant, you don't even know where Igboland starts or ends, or where Ijawland is on the map.
Talk about a salvation army of ignorant vicious boneheads!

@OP
Have you been to Degema L.G.A of Rivers State? shocked
Cuz if you've been there mehn, you no go dey generalize like this.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by birdman(m): 3:49am On Feb 27, 2012
naijababe:

Can someone explain to me why Yorubas are now the bogeymen of Nigeria?

Jeez!!! Pretty soon, some tool will come and whine on NL about his impotency on account of having a Yoruba neighbour. 

Providence, please smile on us and give us true federalism already.

LOL Please dont give them any ideas - this tribalistic meme already has a life of its own
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by HighChief4(m): 4:21am On Feb 27, 2012
This is not news anymore. The day I went to Ekiti state, I swore never to visit there again, even the roads to the town is a jungle and too narrow. I was at the verge of tears when I saw suffering.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by sheyguy: 4:40am On Feb 27, 2012
I find it hard to believe that this thread was opened by an Ijaw person, because if we were to examine the most Ijaw dominated state which is bayelsa state, what we would discover will be just as shocking, if not more, than that of Osun state. I know of communities in Delta that suffer these thing too. What the OP failed to tell us is the context of what he claimed he witnessed.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by DuduNegro: 4:51am On Feb 27, 2012
I'm seriously laughing at your stuupidity right now, cuz what you moorons have failed to realize is that Htajz is a full born and bred Ijaw son, and NOT even an Igbo!

. . . .under your new SS/SE coalition and given recent developments, you speak for one another. . . .so a Ijo charge will get a response just as if it was an Ibo charge.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ak47mann(m): 5:06am On Feb 27, 2012
O boy this is serious  shocked in this century we still hear stories like this in Yoruba speaking land sad owambe people
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Dainfamous: 5:51am On Feb 27, 2012
Terrible! i think they live in denial sad sad sad
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ejine(m): 5:57am On Feb 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . .under your new SS/SE coalition and given recent developments, you speak for one another. . . .so a Ijo charge will get a response just as if it was an Ibo charge.

grin grin Tsk, tsk, tsk. Trying hard to mask your goof grin
Kpele. Take heart
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by dayokanu(m): 6:39am On Feb 27, 2012
Imagine an Ijaw person talking

Someone said Bayelsa got itsfirst Petrol station during Alamiyeiseigha regime
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by olaak1(m): 7:39am On Feb 27, 2012
Pls guys stop all these tribal feud on NL for Christ sake; it's boring.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Tosinville(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2012
Stuffs like this is everywhere across the nation be it west, north, east or south. . . . . . . . My visit last yr to an area of abakaliki (igboland) made me speechless, thinking is this Nigeria? but many ppl here judge just because they barely travel & don't see beyond their destinations.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Tosinville(m): 9:18am On Feb 27, 2012
ak47mann:
O boy this is serious in this
century we still hear stories like
this in Yoruba speaking land
owambe people

^^This Nigga is a tribal bigot.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2012
sheyguy:

I find it hard to believe that this thread was opened by an Ijaw person, because if we were to examine the most Ijaw dominated state which is bayelsa state, what we would discover will be just as shocking, if not more, than that of Osun state. I know of communities in Delta that suffer these thing too. What the OP failed to tell us is the context of what he claimed he witnessed.
dayokanu:

Imagine an Ijaw person talking

Someone said Bayelsa got itsfirst Petrol station during Alamiyeiseigha regime

[size=14pt]you iddeeiots shut just stop talking like una lack sense

THE OP IS ANOTHER IGBO

They change ID because of inferiority complex just like Ejeri, Willy willy, Ibrahamdoc, Metal goon etc claiming anything else aport from Igbo. They are all Igbos, it is time to starting using your senses[/size]
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ak47mann(m): 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^
willy willy she is efik beaf is urobo poster is ijaw, many of them i thought you are the one that always telling us who be igbo or not as in anioma people are not igbo undecided you are just a confuse aboki you might as well join boko haram if you are not one of their active member,time shall tell cool cool
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
Walks in…, Looks around the thread and grinned from ear to ear tongue tongue tongue

Doffed my designer’s cap for htajz shocked shocked shocked shocked

Took a bow and walked away cool
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
Those who av been to Osun know there are decent settlements like Ejigbo, Iwo, Ikire, Ede, Ikirun, Ife, Gbangan, Awo, feesu, Ilesha, esa oke and many more in the state. When i say 'decent settlements', i mean with light, water, road, flowing gutters, and GSM coverage at least.

@sheguy,

please if you don't know what to say,just ignore the op, by the way,am from Awkaibom, and i school if OAU ile ife.i understand where is the OP is coming from.before i came to the west for the first time.i always had this believe that the west was like london,was this and that.but schooling in ife have given me the opportunity to explore the SW and also a better view of what the SW is.for real the south west is dead.like the op said,the only city they have is lagos .the rest are dirty,filthy and empty.thanks to the non indigenes that are doing business here in ife.All the big boutiques,spear part store,cosmetic store and other commercial activities are dominated by the igbos.if you come to largere and mayfair which is the heart of ile ife you will think you are in the eastern part of the country.

talk of infrastructure,light here is dead,no good house all the houses are ancient,dirty and ugly.all you see on the streets are Unclad mad people walk on the streets.the only place that is ok in ile ife is OAU quarters which is like a GRA and owned by the university where all most of the university staff live.infact without the university,if is a village cos it is the university that drives town itself.     ilesha ede,owo,ikirun,gbongan, they are all villages(local settlements).oshogbo as a state capital is nothing to write home about.i was disappointed when i first when there.so dirty and wreathed.

i don't know much about Ibadan cos i have not gone inside the city like that but i know Ibadan has some nice places but it cannot compare to cities in the eastern part like portharcourt,owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba or even benin.

what annoys me most is that is the way they brag and tend to tell us that we come to there place because our places are villages and that is annoying.infact i and some ibo friends of mine have once argue with some yoruba folks when we where doing pre-degree in OAU and it almost led to a fight.

the only thing the SW has more than any region is the concentration of universities.(OAU,IBADAN,UNILAG,UNIILORIN) and that is all.most of what they have are federal institutions than any other region.that is why they were crying during the subsidy time cos they are used to being fed(Lazy parasite that cant cater for themselves without the federal government).

well that is their business anyway.they are quick to notice ones unclothedness but refuse to see that they are not just Unclad but also phuck and smelling and my understanding of their problem is that they don't go out and that is their biggest problem which has made them myopic.they believe Lagos is the beginning and ending of Nigeria.that is why they will be the biggest loser if Nigeria breaks up cos Lagos will loose its mega city status and cities like portharcourt,uyo and calabar and the rest with seaport will catch up cos i know the igbos will fluck there to do business.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Dainfamous: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^

They dint demand to see your visa before you enter SW for studying as far as i know SW are the oyibo we have in Nigeria sad
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
You see 99% of Yorubas here, their main occupation is selling and cultivation of Marijuana
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2012
They dint demand to see your visa before you enter SW for studying as far as i know SW are the oyibo we have in Nigeria

which oyibo people.is it those dirty towns and city that are oyibo, or all those alaye people be the oyibos??na so una dey take decide unasef.make una calm down.the future of nigeria belongs to the eastern region cos i see the biggest economy zone in Africa when the potentials are fully taped

this sel foolishness is also the same problem i have with them when their people are being killed like rat in the northern part but they keep quite because of the fear of their masters but the come here on NL to talk as if it does not affect them where as their people are being massacred too or maybe they are waiting for the easterners to come help them with buses, lazy coward and pretenders.

see the way police and soldiers kill them like cockroach in lagos and the cant do anything not even protest they cant but if it is parasitism and to beg for food ,you will see them all in the name of protest, shameless big phools.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
[size=13pt]I have told you Yorubas that these people are Igbo NYAMRIA people

watch your reply and study the person you are replying to

example is the one below, always forming new IDs like Willywilly, Ibrahimdoc etc claim northerner, westerner and South-souther even Urhobo and edo

enff said[/size]

sam(obo):

@sheguy,

please if you don't know what to say,just ignore the op, by the way,am from Awkaibom, and i school if OAU ile ife.i understand where is the OP is coming from.before i came to the west for the first time.i always had this believe [b]that the west was like london,[/b]was this and that.but schooling in ife have given me a the opportunity to explore the SW and also a better view of what the SW is.for real the south west is dead.like the op said,the only city they have is lagos .the rest are dirty,filthy and empty.thanks to the non indigenes that are doing business here in ife.All the big boutiques,spear part store,cosmetic store and other commercial activities are dominated by the igbos.if you come to largere and mayfair which is the heart of ile ife you will think you are in the eastern part of the country.

talk of infrastructure,light here is dead,no good house all the houses are ancient,dirty and ugly.all you see on the streets are Unclad mad people walk on the streets.the only place that is ok in ile ife is OAU quarters which is like a GRA and owned by the university where all most of the university staff live.infact without the university,if is a village cos it is the university that drives town itself. ilesha ede,owo,ikirun,gbongan, they are all villages(local settlements).oshogbo as a state capital is nothing to write home about.i was disappointed when i first when there.so dirty and wreathed.

i don't know much about Ibadan cos i have not gone inside the city like that but i know Ibadan has some nice places but it is no better than cities in the eastern part like portharcourt,owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba or even benin.

what annoys me most is that is the way they brag and tend to tell us that we come to there place because our places are villages and that is annoying.infact i and some ibo friends of mine have once argue with some yoruba folks when we where doing pre-degree in OAU and it almost led to a fight.

the only thing the SW has more than any region is the concentration of universities.(OAU,IBADAN,UNILAG,UNIILORIN) and that is all.most of what they have are federal institutions than any other region.that is why they were crying during the subsidy time cos they are used to being fed(Lazy parasite that cant cater for themselves without the federal government).

well that is their business anyway.they are quick to notice ones unclothedness but refuse to see that they are not just Unclad but also phuck and smelling and my understanding of their problem is that they don't go out and that is their biggest problem which has made them myopic.they believe Lagos is the beginning and ending of Nigeria.that is why they will be the biggest loser if Nigeria breaks up cos Lagos will loose its mega city status and cities like portharcourt,uyo and calabar and the rest with seaport will catch up cos i know the igbos will fluck there to do business.

LOL I another silly Igbo on the lose claiming Awka Ibom

No be you be this

you claim the itsekiri are yoruba but denial that the ikwerres,opobos,igankes are igbos, what an hypocrite??

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=877453.msg10255805#msg10255805

Date Registered: February 23, 2012, 09:17 AM according to him on his profile half ibibio,half igbo

1 week ago shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by HighChief4(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^Ibibio and Igbos inter-marry a lot, so deal with it. You think everyone changes ID just like you do?
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
sam(obo):

@sheguy,

please if you don't know what to say,just ignore the op, by the way,am from Awkaibom, and i school if OAU ile ife.i understand where is the OP is coming from.before i came to the west for the first time.i always had this believe that the west was like london,was this and that.but schooling in ife have given me a the opportunity to explore the SW and also a better view of what the SW is.for real the south west is dead.like the op said,the only city they have is lagos .the rest are dirty,filthy and empty.thanks to the non indigenes that are doing business here in ife.All the big boutiques,spear part store,cosmetic store and other commercial activities are dominated by the igbos.if you come to largere and mayfair which is the heart of ile ife you will think you are in the eastern part of the country.

talk of infrastructure,light here is dead,no good house all the houses are ancient,dirty and ugly.all you see on the streets are Unclad mad people walk on the streets.the only place that is ok in ile ife is OAU quarters which is like a GRA and owned by the university where all most of the university staff live.infact without the university,if is a village cos it is the university that drives town itself.     ilesha ede,owo,ikirun,gbongan, they are all villages(local settlements).oshogbo as a state capital is nothing to write home about.i was disappointed when i first when there.so dirty and wreathed.

i don't know much about Ibadan cos i have not gone inside the city like that but i know Ibadan has some nice places but it is no better than cities in the eastern part like portharcourt,owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba or even benin.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

example is the one below, always forming new IDs like Willywilly, Ibrahimdoc etc claim northerner, westerner and South-souther even Urhobo and edo

enff said[/size]
alj haram Becomerich, i will never Change my ID,
but by the way, is your condition improving now.

LOL I another silly Igbo on the lose claiming Awka Ibom

No be you be this

Date Registered: February 23, 2012, 09:17 AM   according to him on his profile half ibibio,half igbo

1 week ago shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^^^

which one you be today, Efik or Ogoni ? grin grin grin grin

tell me so we can talk in YOUR language lorlor onye willy willy
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

enff said[/size]
alj haram Becomerich, i will never ever change my ID. But by the way is Your condition improving now in Canada.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
Willy+willy:

alj haram Becomerich, i will never ever change my ID. But by the way is Your condition improving now in Canada.
alj harem:

^^^^^

which one you be today, Efik or Ogoni ? grin grin grin grin

tell me so we can talk in YOUR language lorlor onye willy willy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEET Jihadi John - CURRENT World's Most Wanted Man(isis) / Why Are Igbo Businessmen Not Into Cattle Ranching Yet? / Who, Where Are The Igbos????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.