Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

The Situation In Yorubaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Situation In Yorubaland (5592 Views)

Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

You have to understand the Igboman psych, I understand these people and how they operate.

If you read history very well, you would notice how they have always try to undermine the yorubas.

I am not going to go into details just know that Willywilly etc are Igbos

Likes of Killyut is kalabari,

Once you see the way he post 2 -5 times you can tell which ethnic group he is from.

NL resident t TB shocked shocked shocked

oke ofia tongue
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Afam4eva(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Al_harem
I don't even believe you're Yoruba becase the Yorubas I know outside nairaland don't behave like yourself and your biot friends. You're always fund of looking for trouble and attracting bigotted traffic. What has Igbo got to do with this thread now. I guess when htjaz starts bashing Igbos 2morrow you will still say that he's Igbo. Please leavez Igbos and Yorubas alone and mind your almajiri business biko.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Onlytruth(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
afam4eva:

@Al_harem
I don't even believe you're Yoruba becase the Yorubas I know outside nairaland don't behave like yourself and your biot friends. You're always fund of looking for trouble and attracting bigotted traffic. What has Igbo got to do with this thread now. I guess when htjaz starts bashing Igbos 2morrow you will still say that he's Igbo. Please leavez Igbos and Yorubas alone and mind your almajiri business biko.

And he will wait for ever because Ijaw is now less likely to do that.
People like Alj-harem has fully opened their eyes.

@Topic

I'm not shocked because I saw the "rare" form of poverty when I served somewhere in Ijebu land.
When some Yoruba folks talk here, I just shake my head.
Well, to each him own.  cool
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
afam4eva:

@Al_harem
bros dont be deceived.al harem is a complete un circumcised muslim northerner.his job here is to protect the interest of his boko haram sponsors.you can easily observe that one common recurring decimal of all his post is to incite the yorubas into tribal clash with igbos.now tell me,which tribes have the most to gain from southern disunity? Never believe any awori or yoruba story about that mentally demented bigot,he is a northern almajiri,boko haram,arewa parasite all rolled into one.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ak47mann(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
ALJ HARAM

Even Yoruba people rejected him  sad sad that aboki is just a confuse one sad yaribas like to praise themselves even thou their is nothing to be proud of from their region but looking at their culture you will understand why they are like that;yorubas have different class in their society,if you ever been to a functioning in yorubaland you will find out that the rich ones sit on the chair while the poor sit on the floor that says a lot about them i don't no if they have bloodline with Hausa because both regions have some kind of almajiris in the society. sad sad is only recently they accepted that Johannesburg in south africa have better infrastructure than lagos grin grin
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Yeske2(m): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
sheyguy:

@Alj harem, thanks so much. These Yoruba-hating-IDs keep showing up everywhere. . . .but don't forget in the west, the level of hate u command is anoda way of guaging ur success.
u don't sound like someone who has been to osun state b4, if u av been there then u will be quick to observe that their basic needs in most small towns are there. Light, water, cheap food, GSM, and good schools. The big cities of the South u mentioned are not as confortable as those town i listed. Take a place like warri for example, there is no tap water from the govt, the gutters don't flow, and some of the people live worse than the fantasy the OP narated to us. When i say warri, i mean core-warri areas like Enerhe, Udu, and Iyara. As for your claim that the SW only have schools and u linking those schools to Oil money, the bests schools in SW (and by extension Nigeria) were built with cocoa money. Osun state i know is not blessed with industries and factories, i see no biggie in that anyway.
Is that the same Osun state where i served? Cut that crap mate.
Born and bred in Lag, undergrad in_ Unilorin and now in Onitsha. Been there, seen it all. SW is monocentric unlike the east and even the north that are multicentric unlike other regions. The SW believes in Lag alone but poverty is prevalent in the SW so no whining here abeg. Fact is most Westerners hadn't moved outside their region to appreciate this fact but my SW friends here know that without Lag, SW is dead.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
Yeske!:

Born and bred in Lag, undergrad in_ Unilorin and now in Onitsha. Been there, seen it all. SW is monocentric unlike the east and even the north that are multicentric unlike other regions. The SW believes in Lag alone but poverty is prevalent in the SW so no whining here abeg. Fact is most Westerners hadn't moved outside their region to appreciate this fact but my SW friends here know that without Lag, SW is dead.

well we own most of lagos and we make it tick so why u dey worry about lagos. its ours and its not going anywhere and will not belong to anybody other us . we are building it go and build yours.

and theres poverty everywhere . poverty in north , poverty in the east. poverty in the west.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by HighChief4(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^How many times will you be told that Lagos is a no man's land. You should stop claiming lagos
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Yeske2(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2012
oduasolja:

well we own most of lagos and we make it tick so why u dey worry about lagos. its ours and its not going anywhere and will not belong to anybody other us . we are building it go and build yours.

and theres poverty everywhere . poverty in north , poverty in the east.  poverty in the west.

Good to know you own ALL of Lagos but try tell your kith and kin to develop other parts of the SW just like other regions.
High_Chief:

^^^How many times will you be told that Lagos is a no man's land. You should stop claiming lagos
Allow him wallow in his delusion.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by sheyguy: 9:46am On Feb 28, 2012
Yeske!:

Born and bred in Lag, undergrad in_ Unilorin and now in Onitsha. Been there, seen it all. SW is monocentric unlike the east and even the north  that are multicentric unlike other regions. The SW believes in Lag alone but poverty is prevalent in the SW so no whining here abeg. Fact is most Westerners hadn't moved outside their region to appreciate this fact but my SW friends here know that without Lag, SW is dead.
Ur attack on The SW is lame. U just hopped from lagos to ilorin like that or what are u say. Any maga who claims to av been to ilorin from lagos and did not notice Ogbomosho, Ibadan, iwo, and other main town accros the SW is seriously deluding him or herself.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by tunnytox(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2012
Ridiculous thread SMH when will Nigerians ever learn? Kettle calling pot black! Your politicians are united in Abuja plundering your wealth and you're on Nairaland posting rubbish about how your towns and cities are better than the other, do some of you guys ever think at all? How many of you have powers over how your resources are being used? So how can you influence how good roads, electricity etc are provided in your region? Bunch of low lives you better think of what to do with your lives before its too late. Sior!
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by tpia5: 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
Yeske!:

big lie.

your post is terribly ignorant.

obviously, you passed through sw but sw did not pass through you.

if indeed you ever lived there cos it doesnt show, i'm sorry to say.

you must have been in one of those out of the way places where hostile foreigners are directed to grin
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by NorthSharp(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2012
ak47mann:

ALJ HARAM

Even Yoruba people rejected him  sad sad that aboki is just a confuse one sad yaribas like to praise  themselves even thou their is nothing to be proud of  from their region but looking at their culture you will understand why they are like that;yorubas have different class in their society,if you ever been to a functioning in yorubaland you will find out that the rich ones sit on the chair while the poor sit on the floor that says a lot about them i don't no if they have bloodline with Hausa because  both regions have some kind of almajiris in the society. sad sad is only recently they accepted that Johannesburg in south africa have better infrastructure than lagos  grin grin

It really amazes me how some Igbo and other posters on this forum STILL believe, most naively, that Alj Harem is a Hausa-Fulani from the North, in spite of all the many clues in his posts that so clearly point to the contrary! And, even more importantly, in spite of the fact that he so categorically stated, on more than one occasion, that he is NOT a Hausa-Fulani!

For the first time, I feel compelled to let everybody on this forum know that ALH HAREM IS NOT A HAUSA-FULANI NORTHERNER; any full-blooded Hausa-Fulani like myself could effortlessly figure that out after reading just a couple of his posts.

Alh Harem must have his own personal reason(s) for not coming out clearly, unambiguously and proudly to reveal his true ethnic background, and I am personally not interested in finding out what his ethnic group is, or why he chooses to behave the way he does; it is up to you guys who want to continue to engage him in ethnocentric debates to find out his true ethnic background, but PLEASE count us (Hausa-Fulani Northerners) out of it.

You (Igbo and other posters) are free to continue with your favourite pastime of hurling all sorts of unprovoked hateful and malicious ethnic insults against us, as venomously as you like, but you should stop insulting the Hausa-Fulani northerners in response to any of Alj Harem's comments, because HE IS DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF US (and no offence whatsoever is intended by this emphasis).
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
He is of Awori ethnic group in Lagos state.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
NorthSharp:

It really amazes me how some Igbo and other posters on this forum STILL believe, most naively, that Alj Harem is a Hausa-Fulani from the North, in spite of all the many clues in his posts that so clearly point to the contrary! And, even more importantly, in spite of the fact that he so categorically stated, on more than one occasion, that he is NOT a Hausa-Fulani!

For the first time, I feel compelled to let everybody on this forum know that ALH HAREM IS NOT A HAUSA-FULANI NORTHERNER; any full-blooded Hausa-Fulani like myself could effortlessly figure that out after reading just a couple of his posts.

Alh Harem must have his own personal reason(s) for not coming out clearly, unambiguously and proudly to reveal his true ethnic background, and I am personally not interested in finding out what his ethnic group is, or why he chooses to behave the way he does; it is up to you guys who want to continue to engage him in ethnocentric debates to find out his true ethnic background, but PLEASE count us (Hausa-Fulani Northerners) out of it.

You (Igbo and other posters) are free to continue with your favourite pastime of hurling all sorts of unprovoked hateful and malicious ethnic insults against us, as venomously as you like, [b]but you should stop insulting the Hausa-Fulani northerners in response to any of Alj Harem's comments, because HE IS DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF US (and no offence whatsoever is intended by this emphasis).

Maybe you have not read my post before and you seem to be blind or something. Are you Alj harem ?

I am Awori-Egun man from Lagos.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Yeske2(m): 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
sheyguy:

Ur attack on The SW is lame. U just hopped from lagos to ilorin like that or what are u say. Any maga who claims to av been to ilorin from lagos and did not notice Ogbomosho, Ibadan, iwo, and other main town accros the SW is seriously deluding him or herself.
And i am supposed to regard iwo, ogbomosho, oyo town, oko as developed areas? mstcheeew.
tpia@:

big lie.

your post is terribly ignorant.

obviously, you passed through sw but sw did not pass through you.

if indeed you ever lived there cos it doesnt show, i'm sorry to say.

you must have been in one of those out of the way places where hostile foreigners are directed to grin
How is the SW supposed to pass through me if i may ask? Odabi nipe o ko mo nkan nkan. oshisco!
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by emiye(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
Many people dont understand that the poverty figures are not just statistics peddled around, it is a REALITY!.

They are only hit by the reality when they leave their immediate environment, sometimes through NYSC posting, most likely away from their region to remote areas in other regions, then they make a fallacy by saying poverty is in that particular region unlike theirs.

Let me help those with those suffering from that kind of error of reasoning, the poverty you see in that region away from yours is VERY PRESENT in yours, if only you look well enough at the right place. BELIEVE ME ON THIS.

The question you should ask yourself is how much of my state do i know? not just your urban localities, do you have a good knowlede of your rural localities? The moment you start to answer these questions objectively, the better you overcome your self induced fallacy.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Yeske2(m): 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
emiye:

Many people dont understand that the poverty figures are not just statistics peddled around, it is a REALITY!.

They are only hit by the reality when they leave their immediate environment, sometimes through NYSC posting, most likely away from their region to remote areas in other regions, then they make a fallacy by saying poverty is in that particular region unlike theirs.

Let me help those with those suffering from that kind of error of reasoning, the poverty you see in that region away from yours is VERY PRESENT in yours, if only you look well enough at the right place. BELIEVE ME ON THIS.

The question you should ask yourself is how much of my state do i know? not just your urban localities, do you have a good knowlede of your rural localities? The moment you start to answer these questions objectively, the better you overcome your self induced fallacy.

Please tell them, awon alakori.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp / Must See Airplane Constructed By A Nigerian That Made Headline On CNN (photos) - / How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.