Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,502 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

The Situation In Yorubaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Situation In Yorubaland (5593 Views)

Tinubu Is A Pillar, Leader In Yorubaland - Fayose / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
i can be anything, but thank God i will never be Yoruba, God forbid
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^Ibibio and Igbos inter-marry a lot, so deal with it. You think everyone changes ID just like you do?

the Kanuri , Hausa- Fulani, Awori man  shocked  which one is he self  
is afraid of his own shadows  shocked Confused character
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2012
Willy+willy:

shocked shocked shocked, well I can be yoruba because they are defiantly smarter than you. Atleast if they pick an ethnicity, they make sure they understand the ideology, language and costumes of the ethnici group they pick unlike ideeiots like you and your fellow Igbo goons that jsut pick without studying.

they blend it well

Aturu
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ekwy + Nwa:

No mind that Yoruba oldest marijuana seller in Canada call alj haram Becomerich,
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Willywilly9: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ekwy + Nwa:

No mind that Yoruba oldest iidiot marijuana seller in Canada call alj haram Becomerich,
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

shocked shocked shocked, well I can be yoruba because they are defiantly smarter than you. Atleast if they pick an ethnicity, they make sure they understand the ideology, language and costumes of the ethnici group they pick unlike ideeiots like you and your fellow Igbo goons that jsut pick without studying.

they blend it well

Aturu

yoruba smarter than who, try another phrase shocked

isi Ekwe tongue
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2012
the problem with these stupid igbos is very simple.

they want to claim what does not belong to them.

they want the same rights as we have, in our own land.

they want to govern our land. they want inalienable rights to our land. simply because they built house for there.

well no no no.

you cannot have the same rights.

yorubas do not have the same rights to the oil in the niger delta as the indigenes .

after all una dey receive 13 percent of oil revenue. ontop allocation from niger delta commission . so essentially u have more right to the oil . ok fine. if u even want more resource control , i support you to the fullest.

but understand that the more of your resource you control , the less rights you will have outside your village.

and for your info some of the oil that you are talking of comes from ondo state and offshore ondo state. and the cement that built lagos comes from south west. ewekoro , obajana and co .

and lets not talk about cocoa money.

so Bleep u and Bleep your claim. our land is our land , not urs.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 6:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
igbos talking poo about yorubaland , why dont you go and fix up ala igbo .

even your aba that is a big city  you shout about is just another rubbish dump.

go and fix aba before una talk.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/wayo-guy/wayoguy-in-naija-part-1-pictures-from-aba-14.html

dumb people.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
oduasolja:

the problem with these silly igbos is very simple.

they want to claim what does not belong to them.

they want the same rights as we have, in our own land.

they want to govern our land. they want inalienable rights to our land. simply because they built house for there.

well no no no.

you cannot have the same rights.

yorubas do not have the same rights to the oil in the niger delta as the indigenes .

after all una dey receive 13 percent of oil revenue. ontop allocation from niger delta commission . so essentially u have more right to the oil . ok fine. if u even want more resource control , i support you to the fullest.

but understand that the more of your resource you control , the less rights you will have outside your village.

and for your info some of the oil that you are talking of comes from ondo state and offshore ondo state. and the cement that built lagos comes from south west. ewekoro , obajana and co .

and lets not talk about cocoa money.

so bleep u and bleep[b] your claim. our land is our land , not urs[/b].

visitors do not claim your lands tongue they buy them with their hard earned money grin

you were not forced to give up ur inheritance for few pieces of silver shocked shocked shocked

so direct your frustration to acute poverty, tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by OneNaira6: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
High_Chief:

^^^Ibibio and Igbos inter-marry a lot, so deal with it. You think everyone changes ID just like you do?

I bet you if you ask him to proof this people are Igbo. He'll run like a dog away from it. Last time he told me he had proof that hjatz is Igbo. I gave him proof the man is Ijaw and a very proud Ijaw man at that, then progressed to ask him to give me he's so called proof.  Even provided him the whole list of Hjatz replies, him waka run, refusing to give the so called proof he claimed to possess. I laugh tire, everything him say, take it with a grain of salt. 
He thinks everyone has no life like him.

^^^@hjatz
Every region in Nigeria has a situation problem. I understand the Yoruba constantly chest-beat with nothing to back it up, which can render a person knocking them down a notch but do you have to create a thread for it?
I feel like the thread is a waste of time IMO.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by 1luvkipsus: 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
It is only in Yorubaland you still see villages typical of the Stone Age.In Abuja here,its only Yorubas who are above 70yrs and still sweating it out driving taxi.It is only Yoruba ladies that hawk concoctions around the city.It is only in Yorubaland that old men and women die on queue waiting for their so-called pension.It is only in Yorubaland that you still find 'virgin' forests when other parts of the country are looking for land to develop.If you really want to see poverty,take a stroll to Yorubaland and you will be shocked with what you will see.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ekwy + Nwa:

visitors do not claim your lands   tongue they buy them with their hard earned money   grin

you were not forced  to give up ur inheritance for few pieces of silver  shocked shocked shocked

so  direct your frustration  to acute  poverty,   tongue tongue tongue

well , just as long as u dont ever expect to be governor.

bottom line.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2012
1luvkipsus:

It is only in Yorubaland you still see villages typical of the Stone Age.In Abuja here,its only Yorubas who are above 70yrs and still sweating it out driving taxi.It is only Yoruba ladies that hawk concoctions around the city.It is only in Yorubaland that old men and women die on queue waiting for their so-called pension.It is only in Yorubaland that you still find 'virgin' forests when other parts of the country are looking for land to develop.If you really want to see poverty,take a stroll to Yorubaland and you will be shocked with what you will see.

well just like its only in igbo land that you will have traditional rulers engaged in kidnapping as a business.

its only in igboland that you will have baby factories , where young girls are used to produce babies to sell.

its also only in igboland that you will have entire communities devoted to hard drug smuggling.

its only in igboland that half the female population is commited to prostitution.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
1luvkipsus:

I do not know why Ijaws hate Yorubas so much.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ngodigha1:

I do not know why Ijaws hate Yorubas so much.

[size=13pt]Mumu that is why I have told the yorubas to stop replying to Igbo nyamaria people.

you people claim a lot[/size]

In the next 30 years, our language will suffer if nothing is done – Comrade Evah
On November 2, 2011 · In Features
BY EBELE ORAKPO
IT is true that what we sometimes call civilisation is nothing but destruction. Take a people’s language, for instance; it is part of their identity and so societies that have lost their native tongue have inadvertently lost part of their identity.
To prevent this from happening to the Ijaw people and their language, Comrade Joseph Evah, the Co-ordinator, Ijaw Monitoring Group and Publicity Secretary, Ijaw National Congress, INC, spoke with Vanguard Features on the forthcoming biennial convention of the National Association of Izon Female Students and what they hope to achieve.

SPEAKING on the forthcoming convention, Comrade Joseph Evah said: “We are organising the fourth biennial convention of the National Association of Izon Female Students. We are Ijaws and we felt that we have to mobilise our women because they are very powerful and again, because of modernity, we have inter-tribal marriages and there is need for us to make our daughters appreciate where they come from.
“As men, the advantage is that we are not going anywhere, even if we move; we know very well that we have no other home than our homeland. Not so for women who move because of marriage and when they move, how do we make them appreciate where they come from?” He noted that unlike the Yoruba and Hausa languages which are structured to survive over time, the Ijaw language is not structured that way.

Structured languages
[b]“The Yorubas because of their advancement in education, right from the time of Bishop Ajayi Crowther, even before the 21st Century, have structured themselves so that their language survives. The Hausa-Fulani because of Islam, also structured their language to survive.
Now, our own language is dying because we are not yet advanced like the Yorubas who structured their language in a way that it becomes an alternative to the English Language.
Said Evah: “They register and we engage them like the National Youth Service Corps idea. Every December, we ask everybody to come home and we carry out de-worming programme in the villages. The conventions are mainly outside our region because we want people to travel and see the difference and see why other people prosper.
For example, they are coming to Lagos for this convention. Why are the Yorubas sophisticated? Why are they more advanced than other parts of the country? We will tell them.
We will visit some local government areas where local government chairmen in Yoruba land are paying bursary to students of their area unlike in our own area where such a thing does not happen. No local government chairman in our own Niger-Delta area stays in the council. We ask them: ‘do you want to remain like this?’

Students’mindset
They stay in hotels because the governors allow it. Council money is shared to party leaders. You can’t see that in Yoruba land and you see the prosperity in the area and we ask them, ‘do you want this type of thing for your children’s children?’
So we move to council areas where the council chairmen are working, where local government chairmen were removed from office for not working. In our area, local government chairmen and commissioners operate from hotels for two – three years.
Appreciate the Ijaw language, don’t let it die in your household.
We that are going to permanently stay in our homeland, we have no option than to follow the culture the tradition and the language.”
In conclusion, Evah said: “We are afraid of the unknown and because of that, we decided to organise this forum to gather our daughters and make them to appreciate their roots. They are free to marry from anywhere in the world but remember where they come from. That is the purpose of the convention.”[/b]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/in-the-next-30-years-our-language-will-suffer-if-nothing-is-done-comrade-evah/
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2012
oduasolja:

well , just as long as u dont ever expect to be governor.

bottom line.

who cares about being governor in Lagos state  

just notify us when you put up Alausa Government House for sale, tongue, we will equally buy it up and make Lagos state govenment tenant cool

its all about money making for us, no qualms cool
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
If you Igbos think you can take yoruba gentle nature for stup, idity, well think again. goats

Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2012
Willy+willy:

No mind that Yoruba oldest iidiot marijuana seller in Canada call alj haram Becomerich,
The are not same. It is an insult to becomerich to see him as Alh Harem. Becomerich can never engage himself in this level of bigotry. Becomerich is a well respected nairalander.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ngodigha1:

The are not same. It is an insult to becomerich to see him as Alh Harem. Becomerich can never engage himself in this level of bigotry. Becomerich is a well respected nairalander.

your stu.pidity is well known andre

You call yourself Ndigbo Youth leader and yet you sign in as Ngodigha just to bash yoruba and hausa people.

You must be stu.pid

Just because likes of me are quite while you display your stu.pdity does not me we would accept rubbish from you.

Ideeiotic goat.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

your stu.pidity is well known andre

You call yourself Ndigbo Youth leader and yet you sign in as Ngodigha just to bash yoruba and hausa people.

You must be stu.pid

Just because likes of me are quite while you display your stu.pdity does not me we would accept rubbish from you.

Ideeiotic goat.
Shameless monkey, I do not bash Hausas but only bigoted Yorubas like you. I am no other person than ngodigha or ngodigha1. I give you bigots nightmares.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by oduasolja: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Willy+willy:

we dont want your backward ass.

persin wey think say children nah witch .

dummies.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Shameless monkey, I do not bash Hausas but only bigoted Yorubas like you. I am no other person than ngodigha or ngodigha1. I give you bigots nightmares.

And that is why even if likes of me decide to respect Igbos, there is no point because you don't respect yourself neither do you respect Yorubas

You schooled in Ibadan for donkey years,

You went to London through Lagos

Ojukwu schooled in Lagos etc You bloody Ingrates then come here like cowards and talk trash about how bad yorubaland is

Yet you all claim 90 % of the land. Ideeiotic goats. If you ask them to go back to Enugu etc, they would claim we hate them.

I am Awori and my land has Oil, Alihamduhili, Glory be to God

But I would not fight my fellow Human being or call them parasites because of Oil

Vanity upon vanity, All is vanity. Lagos would go down one day, what legacy have we Aworis aka Yorubas left ?

Yes we are not tribalistic, we have Igbos in our cabinet.

We put effort to make the place as conducive for Igbos as we can do if though they call us dirty and all sort of derogatory names.

Lagos when I was born (Badagry) is not the same Lagos now. But we are not complaining because we see One Nigeria infact leave with our Igbos neighbours because we don't know which is Igbo or not. Only for us to come here and you insult us.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
Let the Igbos be. Ijaws attack you, you hit the Igbos. This is total madness. Anyway, think of the problems ravaging yorubaland instead of Igbo this and that everyday. e.g this.

Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by sheyguy: 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Alj harem, thanks so much. These Yoruba-hating-IDs keep showing up everywhere. . . .but don't forget in the west, the level of hate u command is anoda way of guaging ur success.
sam(obo):

@sheguy,

please if you don't know what to say,just ignore the op, by the way,am from Awkaibom, and i school if OAU ile ife.i understand where is the OP is coming from.before i came to the west for the first time.i always had this believe that the west was like london,was this and that.but schooling in ife have given me  the opportunity to explore the SW and also a better view of what the SW is.for real the south west is dead.like the op said,the only city they have is lagos .the rest are dirty,filthy and empty.thanks to the non indigenes that are doing business here in ife.All the big boutiques,spear part store,cosmetic store and other commercial activities are dominated by the igbos.if you come to largere and mayfair which is the heart of ile ife you will think you are in the eastern part of the country.

talk of infrastructure,light here is dead,no good house all the houses are ancient,dirty and ugly.all you see on the streets are Unclad mad people walk on the streets.the only place that is ok in ile ife is OAU quarters which is like a GRA and owned by the university where all most of the university staff live.infact without the university,if is a village cos it is the university that drives town itself.     ilesha ede,owo,ikirun,gbongan, they are all villages(local settlements).oshogbo as a state capital is nothing to write home about.i was disappointed when i first when there.so dirty and wreathed.

i don't know much about Ibadan cos i have not gone inside the city like that but i know Ibadan has some nice places but it cannot compare to  cities in the eastern part like portharcourt,owerri,calabar,enugu,asaba or even benin.

what annoys me most is that is the way they brag and tend to tell us that we come to there place because our places are villages and that is annoying.infact i and some ibo friends of mine have once argue with some yoruba folks when we where doing pre-degree in OAU and it almost led to a fight.

the only thing the SW has more than any region is the concentration of universities.(OAU,IBADAN,UNILAG,UNIILORIN) and that is all.most of what they have are federal institutions than any other region.that is why they were crying during the subsidy time cos they are used to being fed(Lazy parasite that cant cater for themselves without the federal government).

well that is their business anyway.they are quick to notice ones unclothedness but refuse to see that they are not just Unclad but also phuck and smelling and my understanding of their problem is that they don't go out and that is their biggest problem which has made them myopic.they believe Lagos is the beginning and ending of Nigeria.that is why they will be the biggest loser if Nigeria breaks up cos Lagos will loose its mega city status and cities like portharcourt,uyo and calabar and the rest with seaport will catch up cos i know the igbos will fluck there to do business.

u don't sound like someone who has been to osun state b4, if u av been there then u will be quick to observe that their basic needs in most small towns are there. Light, water, cheap food, GSM, and good schools. The big cities of the South u mentioned are not as confortable as those town i listed. Take a place like warri for example, there is no tap water from the govt, the gutters don't flow, and some of the people live worse than the fantasy the OP narated to us. When i say warri, i mean core-warri areas like Enerhe, Udu, and Iyara. As for your claim that the SW only have schools and u linking those schools to Oil money, the bests schools in SW (and by extension Nigeria) were built with cocoa money. Osun state i know is not blessed with industries and factories, i see no biggie in that anyway.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ngodigha1:

Let the Igbos be. Ijaws attack you, you hit the Igbos. This is total madness. Anyway, think of the problems ravaging yorubaland instead of Igbo this and that everyday. e.g this.

you must think we are daf.t as you people. OR MAYBE YOU THINK YORUBAS AND IGBOS ARE THE SAME

We are not materialistic

We cherish heritage and culture and are not tribalistic

We are not war-like, neither do we look for trouble and claim other peoples land as ours

We don't claim ethnic groups, we don't say Ijaws are yoruba or nupes are yorubas etc.

We don't think Cocoa, crude oil, bitumens is the end of the world, Good governance is the key irrespective of ethnicity.

The OP is another Igbo ideeiot claiming Ijaw. Just like willy willy, ibrahimdoc, etc
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by aljharem(m): 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
sheyguy:

@Alj harem, thanks so much. These Yoruba-hating-IDs keep showing up everywhere. . . .but don't forget in the west, the level of hate u command is anoda way of guaging ur success.

You have to understand the Igboman psych, I understand these people and how they operate.

If you read history very well, you would notice how they have always try to undermine the yorubas.

I am not going to go into details just know that Willywilly etc are Igbos

Likes of Killyut is kalabari,

Once you see the way he post 2 -5 times you can tell which ethnic group he is from.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by Ngodigha1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
This thread was started by an Ijaw man, but the Yoruba's went on rampage insulting Ndigbo.
Willy has always maintained that he is a minority from the old east, you never know which. Neither does Willy speak Igbo.
Yorubas should leave Ndigbo alone. They are the the cause of all the ills in Yorubaland.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by sheyguy: 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

You have to understand the Igboman psych, I understand these people and how they operate.

If you read history very well, you would notice how they have always try to undermine the yorubas.

I am not going to go into details just know that Willywilly etc are Igbos

Likes of Killyut is kalabari,

Once you see the way he post 2 -5 times you can tell which ethnic group he is from.
Once again, thanks for the info.
I challenged the OP to provide some pictures but he couldn't do that, not even through any of his numerous IDs. In summary every region has its own problem.
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
alj harem:

another "Mama I dey go Lagos"

why not stay in Abai or abakaliki ?

One of your ideeeiotic Igbo brothers has liken lagos = London

another one Ibandan = New york

Inferority complex at its best. We aworis can't wait till you leave, animals

I rather stay in A country with Ibibio and others even northerners than Igbos. Fact!!!!

In SEME border in benin republic, Our Egun- awori, egba and ewe Brothers are already chasing Igbos only from cotouno. Yet Hausa and yorubas are allowed to stay but they were about to identify Igbos out because of cannibalism and criminal nature

slowly it would move to western Nigeria

animals sad sad undecided

you are a crack head

Lagos is sold and gone deal with it tongue

anuofia today, your are awori tomorrow your are hausa kuniri are you that silly.

be a man tongue stick to one tribe shocked
Re: The Situation In Yorubaland by ekwynwa1: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
Ngodigha1:

This thread was started by an Ijaw man, but the Yoruba's went on rampage insulting Ndigbo.
Willy has always maintained that he is a minority from the old east, you never know which. Neither does Willy speak Igbo.
Yorubas should leave Ndigbo alone. They are the the cause of all the ills in Yorubaland.

GBAM

Lagos is gone, that is the cause of their bitterness tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Never Travelled To The United States - PDP / Why Are Igbo Businessmen Not Into Cattle Ranching Yet? / Who, Where Are The Igbos????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.