Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? (5908 Views)

Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / Is Going To Church Necessary For Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
So, obeying the christian god is suffering, then? I believe you, tbh!
pendo89:

The kind of suffering christ talks about is the one where you obey God, live by His laws and pay ceaser what is ceaser's.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by pendo89(f): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
Jenwitemi:

So, obeying the christian god is suffering, then? I believe you, tbh!

A christian's is supposed to obey God's laws.No?
That obedience must pass the test of time.Faith in God must be put to test for it to stand. Any bible believing christian knows that every man of God was put to test and suffering is part of it,whether it's physical or mental.

This is what I know from exp. God spares a fresh christian some suffering cz they are not yet grounded in Him.It's like forcing a baby to chew meat.
It's impossible.But as soon as he is grounded in God's word,all teeth out and he's out of the cradle, the tests start coming one after another.
Its a process of life and it happens even to people who are not christians. If you listen to what successful people go through to make it in life then you will appreciate and embrace suffering/persecution/failure.
Suffering is a ladder that can build or break you depending on the state of your heart really.

Please DO NOT CONFUSE FOOLISHNESS FOR SUFFERING.When I say pay ceaser what is ceaser's,I mean respect the law of the land.eg.you cannot refuse to pay your rent/tax, face the law and call that suffering. It's silly cz God commands that you pay your dues to ceasar or get jailed.

It's doing what you must do to stand,shine and getting persecuted for that.That doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger and better.

The foolish suffering makes us bitter and worse.No good ending
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
Belief in Jesus Christ is the ONLY condition required by God for salvation. Others like satan, fellow nlanders, pastiors may require more or less.
FACT.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by lagcity(m): 11:57pm On Feb 27, 2012
HEDONIST till i d.i.e.

fvck salvation cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 28, 2012
No. Suffering is not necessary but death is. You can ask Boko Haram!
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Chuksxp: 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
First off, we must get it clearly that we're saved by the GRACE of God through FAITH alone!

However, throughout the Bible we do see promises that Christians will suffer. This suffering does vary, nevertheless we will suffer; we must carry our cross. But no matter what we face, God will always give us the strength to endure and overcome. Below are some scriptures to consider:

2 Timothy 2:3 - Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:3 - Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;

Philippians 3:10 - I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

1 Peter 4:16 - However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

2 Timothy 3:12 - In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,

1 Peter 5:10 - And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Romans 8:18 - I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Chuksxp: 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
double post!
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by tpia5: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
Salvation is free but suffering happens for various reasons.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
sometimes.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2012
And where is this written as law?
Image123: Belief in Jesus Christ is the ONLY condition required by God for salvation. Others like satan, fellow nlanders, pastiors may require more or less.
FACT.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Image123(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2012
Jenwitemi: And where is this written as law?
where do you want it to be written for you to take it serious, CompleteSports?
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:09am On Sep 16, 2012
Brodafred: Actually Salvation is free and there is nothing you can do to atain it or obtain it, all you need is faith and believe in on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved , Jesus only is the saviour.
my friend this is just d first step, what u described above is justification, what comes next is santification and it takes more that faith at times it include suffering.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:14am On Sep 16, 2012
Affalatus:
Persecution is a sign of repentance as a christian cannot be at peace with Satan. Even Christ asked his disciples to rejoice at being persecuted. Peter was crucified upside down. John was killed in boiling oil. They were true disciples. Yes?
John was not killed in a boiling oil, yes he was put in boiling oil but escaped, John died a peacefull death as bishop of ephesus, the was probaby over 100yrs wen he died.
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Flamingsword029: 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
1st sometimes ppl suffer 4 der sin because d bible say if hands r joined 2geda a sinner wii not go unpunished,d law of Moses says a sinner must die 4 der sin,but Christ came and said-don't worry i'll do d dying.God won't kill u 4 ur past sins he just make u see (as d Yoruba wuld say it d younger broda of death)so dat dos sin won't stand against u on judgement day.
Ppl also suffer because without a cross der is no crown-even Jesus couldn't break dat rule because He had 2 suffer on d cross b4 being given a name above every oda name.sometime suffering tests 2 see if u r worth d next level of ur life
God said in His word dat He doesn't like it wen ppl suffer(Lam 3:13),but he has already made d rule dat b4 anytin can go up it must cum down and He won't break His rules.A seed sown must first appear dead in d ground b4 rising up, and although it only luks dead many tin r taking place in prep 4 it shooting out,and so it is with d life of man
Re: Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? by Flamingsword029: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
1st sometimes ppl suffer 4 der sin because d bible say if hands r joined 2geda a sinner wii not go unpunished,d law of Moses says a sinner must die 4 der sin,but Christ came and said-don't worry i'll do d dying.God won't kill u 4 ur past sins he just make u see (as d Yoruba wuld say it d younger broda of death)so dat dos sin won't stand against u on judgement day.
Ppl also suffer because without a cross der is no crown-even Jesus couldn't break dat rule because He had 2 suffer on d cross b4 being given a name above every oda name.sometime suffering tests 2 see if u r worth d next level of ur life
God said in His word dat He doesn't like it wen ppl suffer(Lam 3:13),but he has already made d rule dat b4 anytin can go up it must cum down and He won't break His rules.A seed sown must first appear dead in d ground b4 rising up, and although it only luks dead many tin r taking place in prep 4 it shooting out,and so it is with d life of man.
Sometimes wen asking God 4 mercy suffering may be ur answer not because of sin but because mercy most of d time like suffering 2 us-His ways r not our ways.If u don't understand any part of dis text speak i'll be glad 2 xplain beta.suffering may also be caused by oda tins but des r d major cause

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims, Is This True? / Can This Be True (pic) Fish Rain / Is Forgiveness Like A Debit Card? - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.