Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori (20297 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / James Ibori: British Government To Keep 95% Of Ibori's Loot: / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
diluminati:

This just brightens my day  grin

I have a gut feeling GEJ is going to meet the same fate later somehow  

Jimmy Boy:

All of them , I mean all of them will eventually suffer the same fate.

There are people the westerner can tamper with even after active duty in government, GEJ is one.

IBB, Abdusalami, Atiku, Tinubu and Obasanjo  just to list a few are living examples.

Abacha was only taunted because he passed on.

Why is Ibori going through all these?

Because he fell out of grace with the government of the day,by noy playing his cards well, same with DSP and Dariye!

So many Govs, in line with the present government will never be tried in court so don't pray prayers that won't be answered!

What if I told you the present Nigerian government allowed the London court & MET and to try him, what will you say?
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by DaMayor1: 4:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
greateros:

Yes but surely not under Nigeria's corrupt judiciary! undecided

His greatest mistake was leaving Nigeria - He would av stayed here and nothing would av happen! Ask dariye and co! lipsrsealed

Youre soo right. Just imagine Alams is now presidential adviser. what a sham of a government. As for me, my bags are packed waiting for the Lord Jesus, as the only thing that will get better in this world is EVIL!
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
greateros:

Yes but surely not under Nigeria's corrupt judiciary! undecided

His greatest mistake was leaving Nigeria - He would av stayed here and nothing would av happen! Ask dariye and co! lipsrsealed

That would have been the worst EFCC would have tossed him about.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by jethro2: 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
Individual is acquiring such an excess wealth and they say d country is broke. The immunity clause should be removed and salaries slashed. If you are coming to office then you should be serving not stealing
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by igbaodun: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
Its is funny how we have to rely on our slave masters to our job for us; and some of us here are rejoicing.

Once a slave, ALWAYS A SLAVE.

My God continue to save us.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by rekeson: 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2012
Can't stop shedding tears 4 d poor masses. Is this wot out leaders have been donig with the tax payers money?

Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by God2man(m): 4:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
So much wealth looted by somebody that was given the responsibilty to affect his generation for Good. He misused the opportunity and mismanaged the money meant for his people, a lifeline for generations to come. What a shame!
God's judgement may be slow, but it will surely come. God bless. God2man.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by lahips: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by fenomenonx: 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
"The Met’s Detective Inspector Paul Whatmore said: “It is always rewarding for anyone working on a proceeds of corruption case to know that the stolen funds they identify will eventually be returned to some of the poorest and most vulnerable people in the world.”

They should make sure that money recovered only goes to motherless care home and people that are less priviledged.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by superior1: 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
What is it in this world that makes people descend so low?. It is such a pity
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
igbaodun:

Its is funny how we have to rely on our slave masters to our job for us; and some of us here are rejoicing.

Once a slave, ALWAYS A SLAVE.

My God continue to save us.

Utter rubbish.

Whoever does a good job, be it the slave masters or the slaves, any kind of good job should be commended.

This man is a thief and heartless, ( You will hardly find any development in Delta state) and the fact that a thief has been caught is worth rejoicing about.

If we really want to leave the 'SLAVE MENTALITY' like you put it, we have to stop enslaving our people by not looting public funds.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by MAYOWAAK: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
emmydee:

hahahahahahahaha

This is not enough o. all this revelation aint taking us anywhere unless
he is forced or convinced to return the looted funds to the naija govt.!

James Onanefe Ibori won't lose much of his wealth. His beloved cousin is the Delta State Governor who has been stealing money since he took over from Ibori. He pays Ibori 200million a month since Ibori left power. Calculate that!

UK govt wants to collect the looted $250million and hand it back to Delta State government. Once the money gets to the Delta state, Emanuel Uduaghan will hand it back to Ibori. Case close.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Ayokunle07(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
And I am waiting for the first Nigerian government official to applaud this outcome (Ibori's guilt plea) as a victory for the Nigerian masses. Maybe it's no "victory" in the sense that they know or have you heard any yet?,
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by executinal(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
The rich also cry grin grin
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Depilot(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
It is so very sad that it took another country's laws to bring this bastard down.
May be we should be shipping all these thieves (like Gbenga Daniel, Akala, Orji Kalu, Odeli, Obasanjo, Tinubu and others) to London to be prosecuted.
It is obvious that our laws in Nigeria are not strong enough to put these criminals away forever.

A thief should be treated like a thief.
Just look @ the picture of Ibori like a lowlife, a common thief; the perfect way it should be done.

Just few months ago, Akala was in court for stealing over N58b, and the lowlife made sure that the picture of his best wrist watch was on the national news paper.
These bastards should be should be dragged to the court with their balls. This is the only way we can witness justice in this country.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Enice(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
guess what ibori, alams amd dariye have in common? they looted the treasury, they were arrested in london, and they are all CHRISTIANS. Isn't that wonderful?
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by kizito96(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
What a shame. I pray people like him are brought to justice. Dimeji Bankole are you watching?
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by wordychap: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
he stole from nigeria where looting of govt treasury is no crime to b arrested n tried in a foreign land. is it not a shame on our judiciary n politicians?
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by BlackBaron: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Meanwhile his comrades in kind - Asari Tokunbo and co. will choose to turn a blind eye at this.

Would like the same treatment meted out to others like Patience Jonathan after the million dollars suitcase fiasco at the airport.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by werepeLeri: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
I thought you people said he was being witch hunted?
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by blandish: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
he was owing council tax in the uk back in the day that is why he was caught. ;d ;d ;d
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
executinal:

The rich also cry  grin grin

He is a common thief. Unfortunately there are many more like him in Nigeria still parading themselves as "his excellencies"
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Tired of Nigeria leaders, they are always happy to see the poor cry, just like what GEJ did on the 1st January 2012, a day i will never forget, but everyday for the thievies, One day for the owners
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by eghost247(m): 6:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
and this are just the ones we know about who knows what else he has
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
hmmm, one of the most poorest and vulnerable people in the world. The bitter truth.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by luvtoyota(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
ALL GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA ARE JUST LIKE IBORI
ALL OF THEM ARE THIEVES , JUST LIKE IBORI .
NIGERIA IS A BASTARD COUNTRY , THAT CAN CATCH THIEF
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by supereagle(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
When he comes to Nigeria , they will bag him Titles up and down.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
D most annoyin thing z d way dis pple call dis MILLION POUNDS as if we r saying ABCD, tufiakwa.dis country z in shambles
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by Buckie10: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
The only reason Ibori is going to jail is because he played god with Goodluck, the UK embraces thieves like Ibori from all corners of the world. Abramovich is a classic example, so was Thaskin Shinawatra. Nearly all Nigeria public officials have UK bank accounts and no one asks questions as to the source of the money deposited. I don't blame the British government because if a man decides to rob his own home and keep the loot with me i won't have any complaints, this is the case with Nigerian and African leaders. A lot of ignorant people in the UK are busting a vain about why the UK still gives the likes of Nigeria foreign aid what they don't understand is the so called foreign aid is a small fraction of the loot of our leaders kept in the UK banks, the hypocrisy of the UK government is well know, it is a classic case of "wan fi owo Abu se Abu lalejo" any Yoruba speaker will understand the phrase.
Re: The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori by chuks49(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
Its time we outsource section of our judiciary to UK for more efficiency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recession: National Assembly Invites Buhari / Extreme Poverty Looms As Nigerians Lose 20.9m Jobs In Three APC Years / Northerner Threatens To Commit Suicide If Amaechi Fails To Contest For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.