Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers (12233 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Question For Atheists And Religious People / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

1) I am sure cos we have powerful telescopes that have been able to capture images from hundreds of thousands of galaxies and they are yet to find any other planet that is habitable, and even other planets that are in the habitable zone of our galaxy have no life in them.

Stop spreading lies. . .

Earth-like planet discovered in 'habitable' zone

Astronomers on Monday reported the discovery of an Earth-like planet outside the solar system whose size and distance from its own star put it in the "habitable" zone and make for a surface temperature perhaps averaging a balmy 72 degrees.

By Dan Vergano, USA TODAY. . . .So far 4 planets have been discovered in the habitable zones, but due to the limitation of the space observatories its almost impossible to know if they contain life in them. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

This is amusing. You dont need to see God to have a personal relationship with Him and He is not begging anybody to serve Him. It's funny when atheists say they wont believe except He makes Himself available, they actually think God is begging to be served.
And God did manifest in the form of man in the Bible and no one can say such does not happen today, only there is no way to know when He does.[/b][/color]

The bible is full of God demanding worship, praise and service, so what the heck are you talking about?. . .

There u go again talking what u dont know. Have u heard of Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)? You say no serious attempt has been made to search for aliens yet the U.S. govt set up and funds SETI.

You need to know about the militation of the SETI before making comments. . .

The second use of radio telescopes is SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence). This project sounds like some sci-fi fiction but it's a real project with growing scientif[b]ic backing. It's goal is to detect and collect (i.e. record) radio waves to look for patterns that don't occur in nature. If we found a signal with such a pattern, then it would be "proof" that there was intelligent life out there. That life would likely be long dead but it would be quite extraordinary to know that there was once something/someone else out there.[/b]

http://www.seti.org/
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012 are you ready for the challenged? If yes just say it and lets get going. . .No time wasting with rhetorics lets do what is promised those of you that believe in the bible God and end this long arguments and counter arguments once and for all. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

You know I love you so much and can not stand u exposing your folly, so I kindly advise u steer clear cos this is way beyond you. You might wanna return to the threads where u use ur usual vulgar language.

See dullard dey form prof.

You are just a waste of time, so no need engaging with you.

you are just saving yourself with two things here, one is Google and the other is labelling what you cant explain spiritual. No wonder Martian called you myopic and ignorant.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
mazaje:

FXKing2012 are you ready for the challenged? If yes just say it and lets get going. . .No time wasting with rhetorics lets do what is promised those of you that believe in the bible God and end this long arguments and counter arguments once and for all. . .

Pls bring on the challenge, I'm just glad to know u failed mine.

mazaje:

The bible is full of God demanding worship, praise and service, so what the heck are you talking about?. . .

God gave us free will which we put to use as we like. You chose not to serve God cos u have free will; so how cld u say God demands we serve Him. He only expects us to serve Him but it's totally up to u to do as u wish. Again pls dont talk about the Bible cos u know not what is in it.

mazaje:

You need to know about the militation of the SETI before making comments. . .

The second use of radio telescopes is SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence). This project sounds like some sci-fi fiction but it's a real project with growing scientif[b]ic backing. It's goal is to detect and collect (i.e. record) radio waves to look for patterns that don't occur in nature. If we found a signal with such a pattern, then it would be "proof" that there was intelligent life out there. That life would likely be long dead but it would be quite extraordinary to know that there was once something/someone else out there.[/b]

http://www.seti.org/

I know u never knew about SETI and the 1977 voyager probe until I made mention of them, thatz why u've been making claims no serious effort had been made to search for extraterrestrial life. But I'm glad I've been forcing u to study these things online and u are getting new knowledge.
But what is even your point here, are u still claiming SETI is not a serious attempt to search for extraterrestrial life? In fact, SETI goes beyond just searching for extraterrestrial life, it searches for any evidence that life has ever existed anywhere in the universe, and till date nothing yet
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
diluminati:

See dullard dey form prof.

You are just a waste of time, so no need engaging with you.

you are just saving yourself with two things here, one is Google and the other is labelling what you cant explain spiritual. No wonder Martian called you myopic and ignorant.

Now here comes the queen of vulgar. It's so easy to spot a person with no depth, they freely make use of vulgar language and name-call cos thatz the only escape route they've got.
It's obvious it beats your imagination as to how anyone could be this vast without depending on Google which was why u made mention of Google.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

Now thatz where u miss it completely, the Bible is not to be taken at face value cos it's a spiritual book and u need the Spirit of God to even understand the content.

lol
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

It's obvious it beats your imagination as to how anyone could be this vast without depending on Google which was why u made mention of Google.

You? grin
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls bring on the challenge, I'm just glad to know u failed mine.

OK, here it is. . . . .
FXKing2012:

Adam and eve were deceived by serpent to disobey God. I know this cos it's in the Bible.

According to your assertion anything that is written in the bible is true, right?. . .OK, lets see how the biblical assertions and promises are. . .I want you to show that your God exist and is real based on what he PROMISED you in the bible. . .

Here is what Jesus was written to have[b] promised[/b] those that believe in him. . . .

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, [/b]that the Father may be glorified in the Son;[b] if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. John 14 :12-14

Here we have Jesus saying that if you believe in him you will be able to do greater works than what was written about him, he also promised that anything you ask in his name he will do it if you truly believe in him. . . He did not stop there. . . .

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:21

If you believe what ever you ask for will be done. . .It still did not stop there. . .

Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Here it is from the bible a book which you claim all its claims and assertions are true. . .Its says whatever you ask in your God's name and you believe it will happen. . .The bible is VERY clear as to how prayers are supposed to work, belief is ALL you need. . .If you believe in Jesus then you should be able to perform all the wonders he did and PROMISED those of you that believe in his stories. . . .Here is the challange

I have a christian and bible believing friend that is an amputee, his left arm has been amputated. PLS pray to your Jesus to restore his amputated limbs as PROMISED in the verses I typed above so that we know that your God is real. Remember if the bible is true and Jesus and his promises are real then you should be able to do that, I can drop my friends name here and his picture so that you can pray for him and do greater wonders than what Jesus did as he PROMISED you so that we will know that your God exist in reality and not just in the pages of story books. . .Now over to you. . .Don;t come complaing about its a spiritual mystery bla bla bla. . , The bible is very clear about this. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 04, 2012
mazaje, is that the challenge or part 1 of it? that one hard ni! grin

dont worry FX is gonna dig up some stuffs from google soon enough. lets wait grin
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2012
Thank you very much mkmyers45, when I told the guy Sun is the name we our our star in the solar system he though I was answering his question. On the contrary I was showing him his folly. What he is doing is like Calling all Bayelsa peole President Jonathan, or all world leader Goodluck Jonathan, when they are world leaders or perhaps presidents
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2012
[b]@mazaje and @dekung, you really lack understanding of the Bible and I'll tell you why I'm of that opinion.

You want God to heal your friend in order for you to believe, in other words you are giving God a condition otherwise u wont believe. I made it very clear to u earlier that God is not begging to be served.
Again you are putting God to the test which is not right.

Satan tempted Jesus and even quoted the Bible (which is exactly what u are doing) when he asked Jesus to jump and that angels will catch Him, but Jesus replied that God is not to be tempted (Matt 4: 5-7).
Jesus could not perform many miracles in His own town due to their lack of faith (Mark 6: 1-6).
The disciples could not cast out demon from a possessed boy (Matt 17: 14-21)
In all of the miracles performed by Jesus, He always started the conversation with "do you believe?" and/or ended the conversation with "your faith has made u whole" (Matt. 15:28; 8:10, 13 & 26; Matt. 9: 22, 28-29; Matt. 14: 23-31; Matt. 17: 17-20; Matt. 18: 18-20; Matt. 21: 18-22; Mark. 4:40; Mark 5: 34-36; Mark 9: 23; 10:52; 11;21-26; Luke 5:20; Luke 7:9 & 50; 8:22-25; Luke 8:48-50, etc etc)

All these goes to show that for your friend to be healed certain conditions MUST be met and they are:
1) Your friend must have the required faith, not saying he believes but deep down in his heart he has doubts;
2) I must have the required faith to pray for him and for him to be healed. Remember even the disciples couldnt heal the boy due to the level of their faith at the time;
3) It must not be done with the intent of testing God or trying to find out if He exists, He sees your heart and knows the true reason for your request which is to test Him.

The points I stated above is the reason why even at the healing school the students undergo an intensive study of the Bible for about 1month before pastor starts to lay hand on them. There is the need for the faith of the student to grow to a certain level otherwise praying for the person is gonna be a waste of time.

If you have doubts pls make time to visit the healing school during any of the sessions and see for yourself how people who are bed-ridden, condemned to the wheelchair, completely blind, HIV positive, those with cancer, etc get their healing. You will even see the medical reports from doctors both b4 and after the healing.
[/b]
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2012
Did this your God not take up the challenge for Elijah on Mt. Carmel? Did Gideon not ask for a sign in order to believe. I realy just want mazaje's friend to get his limbs back. Whether it is to teast God or not, it is for an altruistic purpose. Stop looking for easy ways out.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2012
Did this your God not take up the challenge for Elijah on Mt. Carmel? Did Gideon not ask for a sign in order to believe. I realy just want mazaje's friend to get his limbs back. Whether it is to teast God or not, it is for an altruistic purpose. Stop looking for easy ways out.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by harakiri(m): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

[b]@mazaje and @dekung, you really lack understanding of the Bible and I'll tell you why I'm of that opinion.

You want God to heal your friend in order for you to believe, in other words you are giving God a condition otherwise u wont believe. I made it very clear to u earlier that God is not begging to be served.

Satan tempted Jesus and even quoted the Bible (which is exactly what u are doing) when he asked Jesus to jump and that angels will catch Him, but Jesus replied that God is not to be tempted (Matt 4: 5-7).
Jesus could not perform many miracles in His own town due to their lack of faith (Mark 6: 1-6).
In all of the miracles performed by Jesus, He always started the conversation with "do you believe?" and/or ended the conversation with "your faith has made u whole" (Matt. 15:28; 8:10, 13 & 26; Matt. 9: 22, 28-29; Matt. 14: 23-31; Matt. 17: 17-20; Matt. 18: 18-20; Matt. 21: 18-22; Mark. 4:40; Mark 5: 34-36; Mark 9: 23; 10:52; 11;21-26; Luke 5:20; Luke 7:9 & 50; 8:22-25; Luke 8:48-50, etc etc)

All these goes to show that for your friend to be healed certain conditions MUST be met and they are:
1) Your friend must have the required faith, not saying he believes but deep down in his heart he has doubts;
2) I must have the required faith to pray for him and for him to be healed. Remember even the disciples couldnt heal the boy due to the level of their faith at the time;
3) It must not be done with the intent of testing God or trying to find out if He exists, He  sees your heart and knows the true reason for your request which is to test Him.

The points I stated above is the reason why even at the healing school the students undergo an intensive study of the Bible for about 1month before pastor starts to lay hand on them. There is the need for the faith of the student to grow to a certain level otherwise praying for the person is gonna be a waste of time.

If you have doubts pls make time to visit the healing school during any of the sessions and see for yourself how people who are bed-ridden, condemned to the wheelchair, completely blind, HIV positive, those with cancer, etc get their healing. You will even see the medical reports from doctors both b4 and after the healing.
[/b]

For someone who claims to have thorough "understanding" of the bible, answer this simple basic question :

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU PROVIDE TO AUTHENTICATE THE BIBLE AS BEING THE TRUE WORD OF THE CREATOR A.K.A "GOD"

NB : I hope you know that defending the Christian god with the bible is as ridiculous as defending Christmas with Santa Claus! ! !
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2012
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mkmyers45(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2012
Did someone mention intellectual discussion at the beginning of this thread? Mtseewww *im out of here* #Cheapopularity
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2012
@mkmyers45,
Check one of my earlier posts on this thread, i said he was looking for cheap popularity now can you see? The guy boasts on information that are readily available on google at the click of a mouse and he comes here to spew them out as if he works with NASA. Harrant nonsense!!! He goes about using terms and information that are out of date. I honestly did not want to be part of this thread but when mazaje came up with the challenge I felt this will put paid to the argument but guess what, the guy is still spewing his nonsense. He is just looking for cheap popularity as well as trying increase the number of his posts. He is as empty as a vacuum.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mantraa: 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
In fact, SETI goes beyond just searching for extraterrestrial life, it searches for any evidence that life has ever existed anywhere in the universe, and till date nothing yet

So according to this, up until less than 100 years ago there was no intelligent life on this planet too. cause that is when we first started to transmit radio waves?

All the millions of life forms on this planet over millions of years including humans until the 20th century existed without possibly being detected by a system such as SETI.
There could be billions of planets in the universe teaming with life as we know it or not as we know it that dont transmit any artificial radio waves.

This is what we understand about the universe so far.
Complex physics leads to chemical systems, complex chemistry leads to biological systems, complex biology leads to intelligent systems, complex intelligence leads to self conscious systems. complex conscious systems leads to  true wisdom and understanding of the universe and our place in it?

We have not quite reached there yet, but if we ever do, i wonder where that will lead us to next.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
@Mantraa,
The guy had been watching Natgeo and he feels he is armed with enough space knowledge to prove the existence of his God. He has lots of information no doubt, but knowledge, ? the guy falls short. He keeps on priding himself and feeling so cool in the fact that he knows so much about space science as if it is not readily available on the internet. I have been interested in space since age 11 when my dad bought me a pair of binoculars to view the night sky, that is more than 20 yrs ago. But then what will be the point of trying to impress fellow internet bloggers of my knowledge and interest in space. He is an empty barrel and that is why he is making so much noise.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
dekung:

U wallow in ignorance. Are we living in the old testament? Pls try to understand the Bible b4 coming here to say such.

harakiri:

For someone who claims to have thorough "understanding" of the bible, answer this simple basic question :

WHAT CONCRETE PROOF CAN YOU PROVIDE TO AUTHENTICATE THE BIBLE AS BEING THE TRUE WORD OF THE CREATOR A.K.A "GOD"
NB : I hope you know that defending the Christian god with the bible is as ridiculous as defending Christmas with Santa Claus! ! !

1) The miracles of Jesus are found in the Quran;
2) Scientists have found out that the story of Noah is true. They found fossils of certain animals on mountain tops which goes to support the story of the flood;
3) Scientists found Sodom and Gomorrah using the description in the Bible, and they found droplets of brimstones all over the place penetrating everything even stones. A major excavation took place and found that the region was once occupied by people. I have the video of this documentary.
4) What the Bible said about Israel is exactly what is happening today in the world.

Bros I could go on and on to show you that the Bible is true and thus the Word of God.

mkmyers45:

Did someone mention intellectual discussion at the beginning of this thread? Mtseewww *im out of here* #Cheapopularity

Pls let the door hit u in the face on your way out. You came here talking like someone who is an authority only to find out u know nothing about the things u so tightly held on to.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
dekung:

@mkmyers45,
Check one of my earlier posts on this thread, i said he was looking for cheap popularity now can you see? The guy boasts on information that are readily available on google at the click of a mouse and he comes here to spew them out as if he works with NASA. Harrant nonsense!!! He goes about using terms and information that are out of date. I honestly did not want to be part of this thread but when mazaje came up with the challenge I felt this will put paid to the argument but guess what, the guy is still spewing his nonsense. He is just looking for cheap popularity as well as trying increase the number of his posts. He is as empty as a vacuum.

Of what benefit is it to me to look for popularity amongst atheists? I'd rather look for popularity amongst fellow Christians who have the hope of eternal life. Rubbish!

mantraa:

So according to this, up until less than 100 years ago there was no intelligent life on this planet too. cause that is when we first started to transmit radio waves?

All the millions of life forms on this planet over millions of years including humans until the 20th century existed without possibly being detected by a system such as SETI.

Sorry but I dont quite get you here.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
@mazaje, I also have a challenge for you to prove to you that my God is alive. Let me know when u are ready and I'll pose the challenge.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by harakiri(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
@FXking2012

I'm trying to comprehend your pattern of thought :

First you say the "miracles of Jesus" are found in the Quran. Does that add to anything? Islam is a rip off from Christianity so when there are reoccurring similarities, it's a no brainer. . .no mystery there.

Second, according to you. . .fossils were found on mountain tops by scientists and that automatically authenticates the Noah flood story. Absolutely BRILLIANT! ! ! I wonder why those same scientists haven't been able to explain the creation of dinosaurs that existed hundreds of millions of eons ago. The bible is supposed to be "all knowing" but obviously the knowledge of it's writers is terribly limited.

Third, post that video before i comment on anything.

Fourth, Isreal has always been in conflict with it's neighbours since time immemorial. There is nothing special about that. Their reach is limited to Iran,Iraq,Palestine and Syria. They cannot mess with the likes of Germany,Russia,China or the US. They will be crushed and decimated in weeks and i'm talking about the ENTIRE COUNTRY! ! !

Get your head right.

Simple question :

WHO IS GOD?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mkmyers45(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls let the door hit u in the face on your way out. You came here talking like someone who is an authority only to find out u know nothing about the things u so tightly held on to.

SMH!!! Thank you for showing us what your Christ will say when talking to a gentile. I have no doubt in my mind that the level of your illusion is above redemption. I'm sure you will give a bible verse where Jesus will ask for harm for his detractors to back you up.

Enjoy your folly will it lasts
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
harakiri:

@FXking2012

Third, post that video before i comment on anything.

Watch these to see that the events in Sodom and Gomorah actually happened as narrated in the Bible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgQHQ992Wnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzLJGaVZOFY&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3_ij4pyLKg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG3QsisQrkc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwTVFk1HK3Y

harakiri:

@FXking2012
Simple question :

WHO IS GOD?

God is the maker of all things. He is a spirit and is able to manifest Himself in different forms. He is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent meaning He is everywhere, knows all things and there is no limit to what He can do.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
harakiri:

@FXking2012

Fourth, Isreal has always been in conflict with it's neighbours since time immemorial. There is nothing special about that. Their reach is limited to Iran,Iraq,Palestine and Syria. They cannot mess with the likes of Germany,Russia,China or the US. They will be crushed and decimated in weeks and i'm talking about the ENTIRE COUNTRY! ! !

Now thatz where u miss it, the Bible predicts that Israel will be scattered abroad but will come back to be a nation again, and that Israel will not know peace but also will not be conquered. This is exactly wat happened and still happening. Remember there was no Israel prior to 1947, so what do u mean by Israel have been having conflicts with their neighbours since time immemorial?

And Israel can not and will not be conquered, not even by those countries u mentioned.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

3) It must not be done with the intent of testing God or trying to find out if He exists, He sees your heart and knows the true reason for your request which is to test Him.

[/b]

Jesus words are VERY clear, the bible said Jesus went about healing even disbelievers, NO where did Jesus mention that the person who need miracles requires any faith in him. . . We know the bible and we were once christians as well. . . .He promised those that believe in him to do greater things that were written about him, remember it is written that Jesus said "truly, truly I say to you if you believe in me you will do greater things than I have done". . .No where does it say the person requires any faith, it says you can move mountains if only you believe. . .So the nonsense you wrote above is a big FAIL. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The End Of Islam Is Near / Why Is The Earth More Technologically Advanced Than Heaven? / Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.