Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? (5493 Views)

The True Gospel; An Open Letter To Christians / Is This The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ? / The True Gospel Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Snowwy: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2012
Isaiah 61:1-3 (KJV)

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

The gospel message is the Kingdom of God, simple!

Luke 4:43 (KJV)
43And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

What is the kingdom of God?
Romans 14:17 (KJV)
17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

What does this mean? We saints, redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus who gave His life to reconcile us back to the Father and make us adoptive sons and co-hiers with Him, should live the kingdom life starting from here on earth.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Joagbaje(m): 7:36am On Mar 02, 2012
The gospel is about the life of God in man ,which brings prosperity ,spirit soul and body.

John 10:10
. . . I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Luke 4:18
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by numo86(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2012
The question y'all should be asking is WHAT IS GODs KINGDOM??
Many do not even till today know what Gods kingdom is,
That is why they can't preach it, Rather they preach temporary prosperity and gibberish,

Now to the whole nairaland,
Joagbagbe and every1 what is Gods kingdom
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by ichuka(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2012
The Gospel message is THE KINGDOM OF GOD simple!
@snowwy,you have said it all.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2012
1 Cor 15: 1-6 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.  For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.  

Rom 1:16- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2012
John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Noghayin03(m): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2012
The gospel is d good news of d kingdom.Matt 24:14 n Matt 28:18-20.Dis we r boldly proclaimin today.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by octavian(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2012
The true gospel is found in Luke 6:22-49
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by megalunoyah: 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
The true Gospel is found in Ephesians 4:20. The True Gospel talks about Jesus Christ, what He did on the cross and His discipleship through His Spirit to transform the person to be more like Him in speech and actions.

The true Gospel also is about salvation, covenants and son-ship (i.e. whereby a person believes the work of Christ Jesus and is adopted into the kingdom of God in Christ Jesus note: in Christ Jesus). That is the true Gospel.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by PastorAIO: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
So what is our conclusion here?
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Goshen360(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^
Everyone seems to have their own view,lol. It's funny. We seems not want to learn, that's why sometimes i avoid argument because most thread meant to be educative are turned into debate or argument and it doesn't sound good. Hence we kill educative thread. What do you see or say?
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Arosa(m): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
goshen360:

^^^
Everyone seems to have their own view,lol. It's funny. We seems not want to learn, that's why sometimes i avoid argument because most thread meant to be educative are turned into debate or argument and it doesn't sound good. Hence we kill educative thread. What do you see or say?

The word GOSPEL has been given various definitions, that is why we all have our own view of the word.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Habinger(m): 5:35am On Mar 06, 2012
@goshen360

this is my contribution: The word “Gospel” means “good news”, it is the amazing news of God's eternal plan of salvation for all of humanity through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Messiah. (Romans10:8-10)

SUBDIVISIONS OF THE GOSPEL MESSAGE

There are four main different aspects of the gospel but all are the same good news about Jesus Christ and the way for our total redemption; this should not confuse us, Paul the apostle made mention of the milk and strong meat in the bible, differentiating between the gospel message made for babies in Christ and for the mature people. (Hebrews5:12-14).We must acknowledge the fact gospel have subdivisions, there is basic teachings of Christ for the infants and higher revelation of Christ for the adults and the fathers in Christ…

1.The gospel of the grace of God

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Act20:24).

The good news of the grace of God is that Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us, for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith (Galatians3:13-14).

2.The glorious gospel of Christ

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2Corinthians4:3-4).

The glorious good news is about the perfection of the believers in Christ after our justification, sanctification follows, and now we (the church) are going through the process of internal purification unto glorification(Colosians1:27-28).

3.The gospel of the kingdom

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come (Matthew 24:14).

The good news of the kingdom is the message about the soon coming Messiah’s kingdom on earth (Luke1:32-33). In Mathew 24:14, the kingdom gospel is to be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations. “A witness” signifies that it is to be preached by power; the total manifestation of Christ’s lifestyle (1 Corinthians 4:20). All nations have to see Jesus Christ walking physically again on this earth through the church, which is His body, after that Christ will appear in the sky, coming to set up His kingdom.  Jesus Christ is coming back for a glorious sinless church that has no spot or wrinkle. The creatures are now waiting to hear the gospel of the kingdom, and then the end will come.

4.The Everlasting gospel

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters (Revelation14:6).

The everlasting gospel is the final hour message, the immeasurable revelation of immortality of the saints in Christ and the final judgment of the ungodly people. After the kingdom age, the church will finally be translated to immortality to reign in the new paradise that Lord has prepared for us even before the world began. (1Cor,15: 50-56)

It is significant for the preachers of the gospel to preach the total gospel; the whole counsel of God, just as Paul the apostle declared to the elders of the church in Ephesus…For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God (Act20:17-27.) There are some ministers who have chosen to stick to one particular message instead of sharing the total counsel of God, such people will never bring believers into complete maturity in Christ, because for as not eating properly will cause malnutrition, so it is in the things of the spirit. Hearing the same sermon, every Sunday in church causes lack of spiritual maturity. It takes revelation not religious doctrines and dogmas to bring people unto the complete knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by PastorKun(m): 7:03am On Mar 06, 2012
I see nobody as mentioned 'prosperity gospel' where is joagbaje and his cohorts to tell us their version of the gospel?
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On Mar 06, 2012
There is no prosperity gospel. The gospel is about prosperity spirit ,soul and body.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
Disappointing thread really. Too many large brained wanna be theologians. Some expositions here sef fit confuse Paul and co. The gospel is simply the good news. The good news is that because Jesus is come, we can now live in God's plan FULLY and WITHOUT FEAR. These was a challenge before the new testament.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Arosa(m): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
Image123:

Disappointing thread really. Too many large brained wanna be theologians. Some expositions here sef fit confuse Paul and co. The gospel is simply the good news. The good news is that because Jesus is come, we can now live in God's plan FULLY and WITHOUT FEAR. These was a challenge before the new testament.

Welcome to the club. grin
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by PastorAIO: 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThIiNa_9uCM[/flash]

Now ain't that Good News!
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Goshen needs a bump to beat LB to the POTY award.. cheesy

My little contribution..
Bump..
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Pearlpeluz: 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
The gospel is simply;
for
G-God so loved the world that he gave his
O-only begotten
S-Son that whosoever believeth in him shall not
P-perish but have
E-everlasting
L-life.

Believe the gospel and u'll have life eternal.
Re: What Exactly Is The True Gospel ? by Franklinus: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
THE INDISPENSABLE TRUTH FOR TODAY !!! (2 COR. 4:6-17; MATT. 16:24-27) http://credoexperience..com/2014/07/the-indispensable-truth-for-today-2-cor.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dedicate Yourself To Satan / Who Leads Morning Prayer Devotion In Your Home? / Bawomolo & Manmustwac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.