Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Churches Now Market Centres - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Now Market Centres (9174 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Churches Now Tolerate Religious Leaders Who Molest Kids» Watchtower / Churches Now Business Centres ! Why ? ? ? (pic's) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Now Market Centres by manmacho: 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
goshen360:

I hate when people cannot just speak the truth of a matter. You come up with all manners of threat. Pls get life. It's either the work of God is done in the ways of God or it's not done at all and leave it to people that will do it in the right ways. How many mantles did Paul sold? How many Oil did Peter sold? How many handkerchief did Jesus sold? When people expose evil and you don't see nothing wrong in the people doing such evil in the name of church but you see something wrong in evil being expose. Pls get life and stop standing by evil in the name of God or in the name of Church.

you must be soo spotless to put men of god in the spot light. they are God appointed they are answerable to God not you. going to a chuch is a choice if you are not satified then leave the church.

you can't even use the scripture to argue
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
As much as i don't support the activities of these people who trade under the guise of ministration, i think all of yall seriously need to seriously pause.

It irks me when people start blaming men of god about the massive wealth they've accrued at the expense of their follower-ship. Did they dip their hands into your wallet to give them something forcefully or are you coerced into buying stuffs sold in the church premises. Some of this MOG are quite successful in their other field of specialization while there are also those they aren't spiritually called and are doing what they do for reasons best known to them.

Church decadence has always been there even before Christ, it is left to you as a person to shape your personal relationship with God. Just focus on doing things which are obligated of you by God (tithes, offering, commandment etc). No pastor can get you into Heaven just because you are nice to him, Its your personal relationship with God

And please all these men of God you usually see on your screen constitutes just 30% of those in similar field in Nigeria. There are pastors across the nation who run their ministries on the lowest budgets ever. So don't think its all of them that are milking their followers. There still true clergies out there. Some years back, i used to worship at a particular C.A.C church. It was built with clay bricks and we barely have protective windows, don't think we even exceeded 20 members but i was fulfilled nonetheless. Please Nigerian Christians are beyond the followers of the Oyedepos, Adegoyes, Kumuyi etc. Thank you!!!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
manmacho:

you must be soo spotless to put men of god in the spot light. they are God appointed they are answerable to God not you. going to a chuch is a choice if you are not satified then leave the church.

you can't even use the scripture to argue

Please, show me where in the scriptures we are told to sell anointing oil, mantles and handkerchiefs and let's open the bible together and I will show you where is it prohibited to do such. I don't like to argue the word of God but we can learn from one another.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

I don't see anything wrong in selling and buying books and tapes (is it the work of pastors to be a salesman?) . We should rather give God thanks for such inventions. If a man labour to acquire knowledge and he could take time to put his life study in a document for us to learn from thats commendable. Some people have died with the knowledge they had.

People paid to have books in bible days. Duplicates of book were made by scribes.

Proverbs 23:23
23 Buy the truth, and sell it not;also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.(did you apply spiritual reasoning here or just from the top of your head?)

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it.(show us in the bible where this happened or is it just from the top of your head) Paul had collections of books too (show us how and where he bought them).

2 Timothy 4:13
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things (what things. the jerusalem synagogue sold rams and Jesus flushed them out. so what things are you saying). It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff([size=16pt]yeh yeh mogbe oh![/size]  shocked  shocked).If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold (is that your spiritual analysis?  wink ).

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

Remeber jesus also had once counselled a man to sell his belonging and use for the poor (ok. to use for the poor abi? see your double speak here).

Matthew 19:21
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me

Jo Jo Jo! Hmmmm
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

I don't see anything wrong in selling and buying books and tapes . We should rather give God thanks for such inventions. If a man labour to acquire knowledge and he could take time to put his life study in a document for us to learn from thats commendable. Some people have died with the knowledge they had.

People paid to have books in bible days. Duplicates of book were made by scribes.

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not;also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it. Paul had collections of books too.

13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

Remeber jesus also had once counselled a man to sell his belonging and use for the poor.

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me

Why do you always hide under "motives" for answering questions? What good motives could be right for doing something that is not biblical? And please, can you show us where Jesus sold some stuffs? Seriously. How could same Jesus that destroyed the temple cos they were buying and selling have sold some stuffs? Where did he sell it and to who? Kindly show us sir.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

[size=18pt] Jesus definitely sold some stuff[/size]

Oh my God, my head is still hurting!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by success4(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
gbeborun is busybody cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
okemmadu:

Who is this Lasinoh

She is a demented f00l. grin

She also suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Infact she is a total nutcase.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Mopoli(m): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
Church is simply a
gathering of sinners. No
one goes to hospital
except to treat an
ailment. Church is a
place for sinners that
seek repentance, so it
should be the worst
place.
Point of correction,churchChurch is simply a
gathering of sinners. No
one goes to hospital
except to treat an
ailment. Church is a
place for sinners that
seek repentance, so it
should be the worst
place.
Point of Correction,Church is not a place of sinners but God's holy place of worship where sinners receive their salvation and believers are continually sanctified in the fear of God.you blunderly diverted from the crux of view, i suggest you hold your peace if you have nothing dividend or reasonable to contribute.I Personally posted this information as a satire to christendom and not as a yardstick of mockery and ridicule. Thank you!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Apreel(f): 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
@poster, so wat church re we talking abt in particular, cus I blive u ve a church in mind as u were posting dis,
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Mopoli(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
@poster, so wat church
re we talking abt in
particular, cus I blive u
ve a church in mind as u
were posting dis,
don't be curious about the church in particular cos it's a general problem facing Nigeria churches of nowaday;.prove me wrong that these does not occur in your own church.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by nijanigga: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
When people are ravaged by poverty and refused to yanked themselves off religious bigotry, the so called men of God filled in vacuums and play to their emotions.You see men of God buying luxurious jets,claiming they want to preach the gospel. I say to these men of God, please don't abadon maiduguri,yobe ,bauchi,gombe, kaduna, kano and other boko haram infested states,go there with your jets and preach the gospel.Even Jesus says preach the gospel from your hometowns/country before going all over the world.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by tunnytox(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
knelson:

Well, I see no reason why you should be supporting pastors selling anything (no matter what) to their members, and inside the church too. They should provide those things free to their members if they(pastors) think it is absolutely necessary. After all, the members give offering and tithes. The point is that almost, if not all, churches in Nigeria are just making money off vulnerable people.

I believe I made myself clear from the begining, are you insinuating that literatures like daily devotional, inspirational books and even the Bible been given free to church members? are those materials made for free?
i believe you're getting it all wrong because you're painting all the churches in the same colour, not all churches established such shops for the sole purpose of making profits or to exploit church members. For instance some churches here in the UK that operate these shops also provide welfare services like children day care, health check, legal advise etc at a very discounted prices or even free in some cases, so it depend on the church.

The problem is not these churches on most occasions but the so called Christians who never bother to read their Bible but believe in everything their Pastor tell them, I know i attend the church to be fed in the word of God, to be encouraged and to worship God so if any pastor come to preach sowing of seed, donation of unreasonable amount etc I'll just ignore them because it is more likely than not that those pastors are simply interested in money.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by aletheia(m): 10:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it.
^Did the Ethiopian eunuch personally tell you this? Or you imagined this? Which bible verse shows the eunuch bought the scrolls he was reading?

Joagbaje:

Paul had collections of books too.
^So? What relevance is that to Churches Now Market Centres?

Joagbaje:

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things.
^Is that what Jesus commanded the church to do? Buy and sell things?

Joagbaje:

Jesus definitely sold some stuff.
^If not anything. . .you are a consistent liar? Where in the scripture is it stated that Jesus "definitely sold some stuff"; apart from his metaphoric reprimand to the Laodicean church.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Enigma(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
Maybe this is the kind of "stuff" that Jesus "definitely sold"!

http://secure.marilynandsarah.org/p-538-venti-living-fulfillment.aspx

cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Enigma(m): 10:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by JeSoul(f): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
^Enigma why are you doing shakara for us now? We all know you're tying your very own authentic Jerusalem woven holy land approved 'prayer shawl' around your neck right now cheesy abi na lie?

Isn't XL your size?  grin
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Enigma(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
^ You wan contest me? smiley

Abi, you know how much the thing cost me erm love offering it take to get am?

cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
aletheia:

Which bible verse shows the eunuch bought the scrolls he was reading?

Sorry He didn't buy the scroll , he plucked it from the tree. Or stole it from the temple!

aletheia:

^If not anything. . .you are a consistent liar?

Mark 8:33
. . . Get thee behind me, Satan: . . .
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
joagbaje is an amazing individual.  shocked

Joagbaje:

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not;also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

and this "truth" was what? A parchment?
If indeed this verse admonishes us not to "sell the truth" then how do you "buy" it? At what market and who is that individual contravening the clear command not to "sell" the truth? Is joagbaje seriously trying to force a false literal meaning into what was clearly a rhetorical statement?

Why did you DISHONESTLY leave out the rest of prov 23:23? Buy the truth, and do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.

So where exactly should i go buy understanding and how much does it cost?

Joagbaje:

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it.

1. how did you know he bought it? Proof pls?  undecided

2. Even if he bought it, it was clearly not from any of the early church fathers in acts if not he would not have needed to wait until he met phillip to understand the verse he was reading no?

Joagbaje:

Paul had collections of books too.

and this proves what? That Paul and timothy were scholars who had their own libraries.

Joagbaje:

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Christ wasnt going around asking for the motives of those selling in the temple. He drove them ALL out.

Joagbaje:

Remeber jesus also had once counselled a man to sell his belonging and use for the poor.

Was this man a church? Was he selling his goods to benefit Christ or the disciples?  undecided

You certainly have either a very poor understanding of the scriptures or you are a crafty, deceitful individual twisting scripture to force-fit your pecuniary desires.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by JeSoul(f): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
Abeg you people should stop harrassing Joagbaje my bestest friend cheesy

Enigma:

^ You wan contest me? smiley

Abi, you know how much the thing cost me erm love offering it take to get am?

cool
I no contest you at all at all  cheesy . . . I know say you even complete the look with good news sandals for leg and power pass power sacred ring for finger grin

A thread of the most ridiculous things being sold in the name of religion would be quite entertaining.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Enigma(m): 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
@Jesoul

I've just been told off by 'you know who'; he says I was looking for the "stuff" that Jesus "definitely sold" in the wrong places!

That to make up: if we can find Jesus Himself "definitely selling" it at present, he would like to get you this:   http://www.loveworldshop.com/product.php?id_product=38

The only problem is that Christ Embassy and Loveworld people will have to show us Jesus "definitely selling" it first.

Not that either me or 'you know who' is stingy ---- truthfully and honestly!

cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Ayatullah(m): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
It is clear and getting clearer that church business is serious business, it is getting lucrative everyday. How many of these merchant pastors are really ready for Jesus' coming? I am sure they are praying hard he should not come now to disturb their money spinning Church-Bizness.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
davidylan:

Why did you DISHONESTLY leave out the rest of prov 23:23? Buy the truth, and do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.

What did I leave out? Read my post again. You're the one acting dishonest. I quoted the whole verse.

1. how did you know he bought it? Proof pls?  undecided

I don tell my own, You tell us where He would have gotten it.

That Paul and timothy were scholars who had their own libraries.

Where did they get the books they studied , if someone had not produced them for circulation?

Christ wasnt going around asking for the motives of those selling in the temple. He drove them ALL out.

Books are not sold inside church hall , they are sold outside the hall ,at the gate or church bookshop

You certainly have either a very poor understanding of the scriptures or you are a crafty, deceitful individual twisting scripture to force-fit your pecuniary desires

Thank you . I know you won't sleep until you abuse .
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by JeSoul(f): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Enigma:

@Jesoul

I've just been told off by 'you know who'; he says I was looking for the "stuff" that Jesus "definitely sold" in the wrong places!

That to make up: if we can find Jesus Himself "definitely selling" it at present, he would like to get you this: http://www.loveworldshop.com/product.php?id_product=38

The only problem is that Christ Embassy and Loveworld people will have to show us Jesus "definitely selling" it first.

Not that either me or 'you know who' is stingy ---- truthfully and honestly!

cool
Awwwwww . . . abeg no scripture reference/proof needed for that one at all! grin His motive is on point so no wahala at all cheesy Or if push come to shove, me I can find a bible passgae or two that I can panel beat and use as justification smiley two can play that game abi no be so?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by aletheia(m): 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

Sorry He didn't buy the scroll , he plucked it from the tree. Or stole it from the temple!
^
Losing it, aren't you Jo Wolf. Oh I see, it says in Acts 29:1 that Chris & Anita sold the scrolls to the Ethiopian eunuch.

Joagbaje:

Mark 8:33
. . . Get thee behind me, Satan: . . .
^
grin grin grin
Epic fail. . .Jo Wolf masquerading as a sheep. Satan your master cannot help you and neither can Chris your god. Show us here which bible verses show that Jesus definitely sold some stuff. Or else remain a certified liar and snake oil salesman.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
^^^
Let's give you a big hand! Clap clap! cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
on the other hand let me "answer a fool according to his foolishness"

Q: How did the eunuch get a copy of Isaiah when scrolls were kept in the Temple?

A: To be in charge of the queen’s treasury meant that he was a man of wealth, as well as a man of great authority, so although scrolls were scarce, it was possible to purchase one at considerable[b] cost. [/b]For the common man, scrolls were available only in the synagogue,

You can start your research from here.

http://www.finaltrump.com/2010/01/acts-chapter-8-saul-philip-and-the-ethiopian-eunuch/
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Azibalua(f): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
If books and materials are being sold, the gospel is still moving forward aside that the monies recovered are still being put back into production or other ministry issues
The gospel is free but not cheap
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by aletheia(m): 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

on the other hand let me "answer a fool according to his foolishness"

You can start your research from here.

http://www.finaltrump.com/2010/01/acts-chapter-8-saul-philip-and-the-ethiopian-eunuch/
^
Running around chasing your own tail. . .Jo Wolf. Is that link the Bible? False teacher of the genus lupus, why needs you go outside the bible to another man's conjecture and thoughts?

Again: Which Bible verses definitely prove that "Jesus definitely sold some stuff." See your life, "pastor" Jo Wolf. You are doing everything possible from your playbook to avoid answering the assignment you set for your self.

If you do not or cannot show us those verses. . .it is proven again that Joagbaje is a liar, indeed a lying false teacher as we were warned to be on the watch against.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by aletheia(m): 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
. . .and right on cue your alter ego and second ID Azibalua shows up. "Pastor" Jo Wolf; we are wise to your tricks. grin grin
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by nijanigga: 1:55am On Mar 02, 2012
To those supporting lies and deciets,of commercialization of churches.How come Nigeria is decaying and corruption have taken roots beyond what we can comprehend. One would think that with all the churches in all nooks and corners,Nigeria will be heaven on earth.Let a Nija man see money,he will begin to salivate,thinking of how he will double cross you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / English Meaning Of This Transliteration / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.