Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Churches Now Market Centres - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Now Market Centres (9175 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Churches Now Tolerate Religious Leaders Who Molest Kids» Watchtower / Churches Now Business Centres ! Why ? ? ? (pic's) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 02, 2012
Azibalua:

If books and materials are being sold, the gospel is still moving forward aside that the monies recovered are still being put back into production or other ministry issues
The gospel is free but not cheap

the gospel is both free and cheap. Its just that your "men of gawd" would rather set up shop in a congested Lagos and Abuja because their goal isnt to reach others for Christ as much as it is to maximise profit. It wont cost you anything to go preach in villages where the gospel has not penetrated.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 02, 2012
Joagbaje:

[size=18pt] Jesus definitely sold some stuff[/size]

aletheia:

Show us here which bible verses show that Jesus definitely sold some stuff.

Pastor Joe Agbahe, everyone is waiting for you to act like a Man!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2012
aletheia:

^, why needs you go outside the bible to another man's conjecture and thoughts?

Stop your hypocricy. At least I gave you a source. Haven't you quoted other sources before? . This is a simple common sense .

Why don't you tell us how on earth the ethiopean eunuch got the book of Isaiah. Are you afraid? . You're navigating. ( I hope my spelling is correct).
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by OmoPastor(m): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2012
what is the hue and cry about selling stuff in church?

there is virtually nothing to argue about here cos its very simple: if you do not want the stuff then DO NOT BUY THEM!.

must we debate this here? do you buy everything poked at your face in hold-ups? please this thread is useless angry
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Azibalua(f): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2012
davidylan:

the gospel is both free and cheap. Its just that your "men of gawd" would rather set up shop in a congested Lagos and Abuja because their goal isnt to reach others for Christ as much as it is to maximise profit. It wont cost you anything to go preach in villages where the gospel has not penetrated.

It's obvious you are far from being a Christian
Yes the gospel is free for all men but definitely not cheap
Do you want to calculate what it takes to organise crusades, and programs or even how much it takes to pay for airtime both locally and internationally.
Also how many villages have you gone to for evangelism am sure if you have you would have observed various ministries are penetrating these areas
Once u can drop the idea that the gospel is a money making buisness you will begin to see clearly
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2012
Azibalua:

It's obvious you are far from being a Christian

it is doubtful you understand what being a christian is either.

Azibalua:

yes the gospel is free for all men but definitely not cheap

that is a lie from the pit of hell.

Azibalua:

Do you want to calculate what it takes to organise crusades, and programs or even how much it takes to pay for airtime both locally and internationally.

1. What is the purpose of the crusades and programs? Seriously lets be honest here . . . there are virtually 3 major crusades on the Abeokuta-Lagos expressway yearly, how many of these pastors are worried about the unreached folks in the tiny village in Damaturu? It would barely be 0.0005% of what it costs to host a "crusade" in Lagos so why is no one going there?
Why are we forcing crusades and programs on the folks of Lagos who are already over-saturated with churches while the truly unreached go unfed?

2. Why are churches on the air? To reach who? the folks who just finished watching 5 similar programs in a row? Why is that money not spent helping the missionaries in the field?

3. Are these silly programs truly to preach the gospel or advertise the church brand and bring more folks (hence more money) to the pews?

Azibalua:

Also how many villages have you gone to for evangelism am sure if you have you would have observed various ministries are penetrating these areas

I'm not the one shaking down the poor for all their savings in the name of reaching the lost. Why dont you use your millions parked in your banks to reach the unsaved in Mubi, Adamawa state? I'm sure if you sold just one private jet you would be able to build a church and school in a remote village in Yobe state . . . but of course that would be asking too much.

Azibalua:

Once u can drop the idea that the gospel is a money making buisness you will begin to see clearly

Thou snake and dishonest slave of your men of gawd . . . that is what ye have turned the gospel into. Why are your "pastors" so inordinately wealthy? Where did all these money come from?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by manmacho: 8:05am On Mar 02, 2012
davidylan:

it is doubtful you understand what being a christian is either.

that is a lie from the pit of hell.

1. What is the purpose of the crusades and programs? Seriously lets be honest here . . . there are virtually 3 major crusades on the Abeokuta-Lagos expressway yearly, how many of these pastors are worried about the unreached folks in the tiny village in Damaturu? It would barely be 0.0005% of what it costs to host a "crusade" in Lagos so why is no one going there?
Why are we forcing crusades and programs on the folks of Lagos who are already over-saturated with churches while the truly unreached go unfed?

2. Why are churches on the air? To reach who? the folks who just finished watching 5 similar programs in a row? Why is that money not spent helping the missionaries in the field?

3. Are these silly programs truly to preach the gospel or advertise the church brand and bring more folks (hence more money) to the pews?

I'm not the one shaking down the poor for all their savings in the name of reaching the lost. Why dont you use your millions parked in your banks to reach the unsaved in Mubi, Adamawa state? I'm sure if you sold just one private jet you would be able to build a church and school in a remote village in Yobe state . . . but of course that would be asking too much.

Thou snake and dishonest slave of your men of gawd . . . that is what ye have turned the gospel into. Why are your "pastors" so inordinately wealthy? Where did all these money come from?

OGA YOU SEEM TO NO IT ALL MAY BE ALL THE PASTOR SHOULD COME AND BE ACCOUNTING TO YOU MR PERFECT6. WHATEVER HAPPEN TO THE LOG IN YOUR OWN EYES.
THE MATURITY OF THE CHURCH IS GOD BUSINESS WHICH ONE BE YOUR OWN. YOU SHOULD PRAY FOR THE BODY EPHESIAN 4 11-13
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2012
diluminati:

Pastor Joe Agbahe, everyone is waiting for you to act like a Man!
Can't believe this was the same guy arguing on another thread that massturbation wasn't a sin cos it wasn't in the Bible. Now he's here making up his own verses,

Holy CHris,, Holy Jo,
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by PrinceH1: 11:11am On Mar 02, 2012
[s]This is why you see me sometimes attack pastors,[/s]

@Goshen360, be informed that you cant attack any pastor. Rather, you'll end up attacking yourself. Proverbs 6vs27 asks: Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned?
I counsel you have a rethink on your perception over issues that has to do with pastors. In case you don't know this: The fact that they are called pastors means that any attack on them will be meted with divine judgement. If in doubt, pls read Numbers 12:1-8; 1Samuel 24:4-6; Psalms 105:15.
The pastors are not answerable to you but to God who called them. So, pls beware.

Dear friend, "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul, Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee (Proverbs 2:10-11)"
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Mopoli(m): 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
@OMOpastor,I think you are actually the one being useless on this thread.you are also one of the pastors that indulges in this dupious act, Chai! no wonder your name is OMOPASTOR bcuz what you sell to your members is OMO not even something reasonable.
I rather advise you Repent Now or else face the wrath of God!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
Prince H:

[s]This is why you see me sometimes attack pastors,[/s]

@Goshen360, be informed that you cant attack any pastor. Rather, you'll end up attacking yourself. Proverbs 6vs27 asks: Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned?
I counsel you have a rethink on your perception over issues that has to do with pastors. In case you don't know this: The fact that they are called pastors means that any attack on them will be meted with divine judgement. If in doubt, pls read Numbers 12:1-8; 1Samuel 24:4-6; Psalms 105:15.
The pastors are not answerable to you but to God who called them. So, pls beware.

Dear friend, "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul, Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee (Proverbs 2:10-11)"

Something fishy about you and your post,ok. However, i dont intend to go into that. Anyway, never mind, you will be under microscope henceforth. It will be a waste of time and space replying you.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by OmoPastor(m): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ mopoli
@OMOpastor,I think you are actually the one being useless on this thread.you are also one of the pastors that indulges in this dupious act, Chai! no wonder your name is OMOPASTOR bcuz what you sell to your members is OMO not even something reasonable.
I rather advise you Repent Now or else face the wrath of God!
i think you are already facing the wrath of God with your unguided utterances. the instruction i gave you is very simple; if you do not like them then DO NOT BUY THEM!. I believe you can read and understand words shocked shocked shocked
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by omoghana22: 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
i dont think any of you where born with church or any form of religion, this is not a force, is either you dont patronised them of follow them till thy kingdom come. the fastest growing business in the world today is the church congregation and very soon, the enterprenues will have a passion to invest in the church business. now that taxation has started from other countries, i know yu will hv ? to ask, will be back in an hour.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Azibalua(f): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ davidylan
Stop running from facts
Are you saying these crusades are not affecting lives
And yes you are surely not involved in evangelism you would have notices churches ,fellowships and outreaches even in interior villages
And yes we need more programs on air so that people like you will not say you did not have the opportunity of hearing the gospel
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
Azibalua:

@ davidylan
Stop running from facts
Are you saying these crusades are not affecting lives
And yes you are surely not involved in evangelism you would have notices churches ,fellowships and outreaches even in interior villages
And yes we need more programs on air so that people like you will not say you did not have the opportunity of hearing the gospel

yawn. such predictable nonsense. running from which "facts" exactly? That your pastors are basically ignoring unfished waters to continue struggling in over-fished waters solely because of the pecuniary benefits?
Exactly why do you think Lagos and Abuja shld be subjected to 20 "crusades" a week basically targetting the same people while the remote villages in Yobe state remain unreached? Are they not worthy of a crusade too? Or is it because they have no money to dash the church so it can buy its next fancy private aircraft?
Why do you have churches with banks within their premises while missionaries basically starve to death trying to preach to the real lost?

Why do we need more programs on the air in the exact locations that already have over 5 churches per mile? What of those who dont even have the money to afford a TV? They are undeserving of the gospel?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by dare2think: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
Open your eye everywhere

Arch-bishop na miliki
Pope na enjoyment
Imamu na Gbaladun 

RA RA RA RA RA

Arch-bishop dey enjoy
Pope sef dey enjoy
Imam sef dey enjoy

No matter wetin you say.

My people, dem go dey follow bishop, Amen
dem go follow Popu, Amen
dem follow Imam, Amen
dem go  go for london, dem go go for romu, dem go go for Mecca

dem go carry all the money,
dem go;
Juba bishop,
Juba popu,
Juba Imam

Dem go start to  yab demsef-fela speaks in tongues imspirutsoajosjiaaijokiaisjoijoiadagwwoipadfuuhdgaudha0d-addiaw09aapokaajjaoaoajaosi
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by aletheia(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Joagbaje:

Stop your hypocricy. At least I gave you a source. Haven't you quoted other sources before? . This is a simple common sense .

Why don't you tell us how on earth the ethiopean eunuch got the book of Isaiah. Are you afraid?
^
The bible doesn't say where the Ethiopian got his copy of Isaiah. . .and I am not interested in conjecturing like you Jo Wolf. In any case here is the command in Deuteronomy:
And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: (Deu 17:18)

Doesn't it suggest to you the possibility that the Ethiopian did not buy that scroll? In any case it is well noted how desperately you avoid showing us the Bible verses that prove that "Jesus definitely sold some stuff".

I shall now be direct: You Joagbaje are a thief following another thief by name Chris and an apologist of Judas Iscariot. How do I know that? By your fruits which are plain for us all to see.

It is interesting to note that the justification you offer us for Churches buying and selling and "Jesus definitely sold some stuff" is that of Judas:
Joagbaje:

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

In quoting Mark 14:5, why did you omit verse 4:
And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?  (Mar 14:4)[/b][/i]
And ignore:
Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. (Joh 12:4-6)[/b][/i]

Judas as we all know so loved buying and selling that he sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
So Joagbaje why do you love buying and selling so much? What is your price?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 03, 2012
aletheia:

^
The bible doesn't say where the Ethiopian got his copy of Isaiah. . .and I am not interested in conjecturing like you Jo Wolf. In any case here is the command in Deuteronomy:
And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: (Deu 17:18)

Doesn't it suggest to you the possibility that the Ethiopian did not buy that scroll? In any case it is well noted how desperately you avoid showing us the Bible verses that prove that "Jesus definitely sold some stuff".

I shall now be direct: You Joagbaje are a thief following another thief by name Chris and an apologist of Judas Iscariot. How do I know that? By your fruits which are plain for us all to see.

It is interesting to note that the justification you offer us for Churches buying and selling and "Jesus definitely sold some stuff" is that of Judas:
And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?  (Mar 14:4)[/b][/i]
And ignore:
Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. (Joh 12:4-6)[/b][/i]

Judas as we all know so loved buying and selling that he sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

T K O

Pastor Jo, why would you stoop so low. to twist the bible just because of money?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by mkmyers45(m): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
musKeeto:

Can't believe this was the same guy arguing on another thread that massturbation wasn't a sin cos it wasn't in the Bible. Now he's here making up his own verses,

Holy CHris,, Holy Jo,

Wonders shall never end!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

aletheia:

^
Losing it, aren't you Jo Wolf. Oh I see, it says in Acts 29:1 that Chris & Anita sold the scrolls to the Ethiopian eunuch.

^
grin grin grin
Epic fail. . .Jo Wolf masquerading as a sheep. Satan your master cannot help you and neither can Chris your god. Show us here which bible verses show that [b]Jesus definitely sold some stuff. Or else remain a certified liar and snake oil salesman. [/b]

GBAM!! GBAM!!! GBAM!!!!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pastor Jo is nowhere to be found! shocked
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Azibalua(f): 6:16am On Mar 04, 2012
davidylan:

yawn. such predictable nonsense. running from which "facts" exactly? That your pastors are basically ignoring unfished waters to continue struggling in over-fished waters solely because of the pecuniary benefits?
Exactly why do you think Lagos and Abuja shld be subjected to 20 "crusades" a week basically targetting the same people while the remote villages in Yobe state remain unreached? Are they not worthy of a crusade too? Or is it because they have no money to dash the church so it can buy its next fancy private aircraft?
Why do you have churches with banks within their premises while missionaries basically starve to death trying to preach to the real lost?

Why do we need more programs on the air in the exact locations that already have over 5 churches per mile? What of those who dont even have the money to afford a TV? They are undeserving of the gospel?

Repitition is the law of deep and lasting impression, we ll keep on showing these programs and having these crusades
Why not take a walk into the interior villages in yobe it will shock you to find out that there are Christians there spreading the word
Wake up whether u like it or not this gospel is being preached,but two questions remain unanswered
1. Do you go on personal evangelism
2. Do you have a pastor
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 04, 2012
Azibalua:

Repitition is the law of deep and lasting impression,
I dey tell you, That's why our people remain in their comatose state.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
Azibalua:

Repitition is the law of deep and lasting impression

and obviously this was not something that Christ understood because He didnt spend all his 3.5yrs preaching from the choicest synagogues in Jerusalem.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by crossman9(m): 3:51am On Mar 06, 2012
Quote from: Joagbaje on March 01, 2012, 03:52 PM
Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made? (Mar 14:4)[/b][/i]
And ignore:

2 Corinthians 2:17 (King James Version)
17For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (New International Version,)
17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (New International Version - UK)
17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.
2 Corinthians 2:17 (Amplified Bible)
17For we are not, like so many, [like hucksters making a trade of] peddling God's Word [shortchanging and adulterating the divine message]; but like [men] of sincerity and the purest motive, as [commissioned and sent] by God, we speak [His message] in Christ (the Messiah), in the [very] sight and presence of God.

2 Corinthians 2:17 (New Living Translation)
17 You see, we are not like the many hucksters[a] who preach for personal profit. We preach the word of God with sincerity and with Christ’s authority, knowing that God is watching us.
Footnotes:

2 Corinthians 2:17 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)
17For we are not as many, adulterating the word of God; but with sincerity, but as from God, before God, in Christ we speak.

2 Corinthians 2:17 (Good News Translation)
17 We are not like so many others, who handle God's message as if it were cheap merchandise; but because God has sent us, we speak with sincerity in his presence, as servants of Christ.
Good News Translation (GNT)
2 Corinthians 2:17 (Contemporary English Version)
17A lot of people try to get rich from preaching God's message. But we are God's sincere messengers, and by the power of Christ we speak our message with God as our witness.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Franklinus: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / English Meaning Of This Transliteration / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.