Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (156711 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2012
Remember this house we are roofing in Enugu now, from the thread "reality building of a 4 bedroom bungalow" thread? we are now ready to coat this beautiful wood work with roofing sheets, Oga landlord, please call and tell me the colour you will prefer so we can start making arrangements to reserve the colour for you.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2012
I took a roofer to the site so they can measure the wood and come up with a quote so we can see how much to expect for this roofing.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2012
Soft and rough sand for the plastering of this house is already being supplied.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
Back at my house, we are doing the toilet septic tank decking,

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
Is there anybody here who likes this colour of roof? Not very common sha.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 1:05am On Apr 30, 2012
chidexy:

This is the way to go if the government is interested in constructing houses/classroom blocks that are durable. It's very safe,considering that the walls are made of concrete. In most countries, houses are built using prefabricated parts. In Germany, you can never see things like staircase being cast - even for stand alone duplexes - they take prefabricated steps and set them into their already appointed places.

Besides, Imo State and Owerri in particular have got experience with prefabricated houses. In the 80s (during Mbakwe's regime) a whole section of the town was built that way, and it's called Prefab close to Aladinma housing estate by Ikenegbu. Oga Spyder, you can go and check out the houses there.

Bros without a doubt the concept is good, maybe cheaper, and saves time but we know our country and country people and how they do things. By the time naija start their short cut and corner cutting that style of building a house will turn to building caskets. My house here is 70-80% wood and aluminum siding but I trust it morethan naija structures.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by caseymoney(m): 3:11am On Apr 30, 2012
Spyder, what's the cost of the septic tank decking? Including iron rod, plank and cement.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:35am On Apr 30, 2012
caseymoney: Spyder, what's the cost of the septic tank decking? Including iron rod, plank and cement.

About 45k
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:37am On Apr 30, 2012
We are heading to Owerri this early morning, loaded with 4 iron benders to descend on the decking. More updates later this evening.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by OilSubsidy: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2012
@Prof Spyder, How much roughly has gone into that Owerri house? It is coming out nice but don't you think the staircase is too steep? Maybe because you have 4 coaches of block work after the lintel.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
OilSubsidy: @Prof Spyder, How much roughly has gone into that Owerri house? It is coming out nice but don't you think the staircase is too steep? Maybe because you have 4 coaches of block work after the lintel.

Its not steep at all, in places where you have an unsually high block work, you have to use additional tactics to reduce the steepness of the stairs. I have applied two different starategies to take care of the extra height as it concerns this stair. I had even planned to step back the landing table towards the outside if it presented more problems but it is okay as it is.

The budget for this house is N7.7m till roofing is completed, but we have had reasons to review the budget upwards when the current prices for cement, sand and granite became so high in the locality as to be unrealistic when following the previous quote. I also decided to enlarge the rooms upstairs by adding a line of cantelever to blow the size of the entire back rooms by an additional 2 feet from beginning till end of the back of the house. This will make the N7.7m not be enough for the new size we are building.

Going forward, for me to build this size of house in the east of this country, I will charge as follows;

Foundation and DPC = N1.3m (gravel) or N1.55m (granite)
Block work, lintels and pillars = N900K (gravel) or N1.1m for granite
Decking = N1.8m (gravel) or N2m for granite
Upper block work, lintels, and all frontal pillars till roofing =N1.2m (gravel) N1.45m (granite)
Roofing = N2.4m (with stone step tiles, Witchtec) or N1.9m for step tiles aluminium
Wooden workhouse and site store, materials, labour, logistics = N94,000

All the prices above are for all materials and labour costs, terms and conditions apply for each location.

Time duration for completion till the roof is done - 65 days or less. (the Owerri job is 24 days old and we are almost set for decking, the speed is impressive)

We are even more poised to serve you better.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2012
More pictures of our activities in Owerri this Monday, the iron benders have started work, electrical piping and plumbing piping ongoing as carpenters blow out the cantelevers and the balconies. Steady progress.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by origin4lif: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
spyder880:

Its not steep at all, in places where you have an unsually high block work, you have to use additional tactics to reduce the steepness of the stairs. I have applied two different starategies to take care of the extra height as it concerns this stair. I had even planned to step back the landing table towards the outside if it presented more problems but it is okay as it is.

The budget for this house is N7.7m till roofing is completed, but we have had reasons to review the budget upwards when the current prices for cement, sand and granite became so high in the locality as to be unrealistic when following the previous quote. I also decided to enlarge the rooms upstairs by adding a line of cantelever to blow the size of the entire back rooms by an additional 2 feet from beginning till end of the back of the house. This will make the N7.7m not be enough for the new size we are building.

Going forward, for me to build this size of house in the east of this country, I will charge as follows;

Foundation and DPC = N1.3m (gravel) or N1.55m (granite)
Block work, lintels and pillars = N900K (gravel) or N1.1m for granite
Decking = N1.8m (gravel) or N2m for granite
Upper block work, lintels, and all frontal pillars till roofing =N1.2m (gravel) N1.45m (granite)
Roofing = N2.4m (with stone step tiles, Witchtec) or N1.9m for step tiles aluminium
Wooden workhouse and site store, materials, labour, logistics = N94,000

All the prices above are for all materials and labour costs, terms and conditions apply for each location.

Time duration for completion till the roof is done - 65 days or less. (the Owerri job is 24 days old and we are almost set for decking, the speed is impressive)

We are even more poised to serve you better.

Thanks for the analysis and breakdown. Please what is the dimension of the duplex.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by oyewole123: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
@diordaves
Thanks so much for analysing and taking ur time to give explanation to my question regarding decking before block setting
Really appreciated
Cheers
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2012
I was at the timber workshops in Owerri to cut special wood for this duplex project.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Apr 30, 2012
We bought more materials to be shifted to site

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2012
as electrical works hots up

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:48pm On Apr 30, 2012
more electrical works

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
we are creating an additional cantilever behind the house to enlarge the room sizes.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
The other side with cantilever projection.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by kcoolk4: 1:28am On May 01, 2012
spyder880: Remember this house we are roofing in Enugu now, from the thread "reality building of a 4 bedroom bungalow" thread? we are now ready to coat this beautiful wood work with roofing sheets, Oga landlord, please call and tell me the colour you will prefer so we can start making arrangements to reserve the colour for you.

If I remember perfectly, the landlord wanted a separate thread for his bungalow. Oga Spyder, you goofed on this one ooo. Pls, quickly revert back to his thread unless he has agreed that you showcase it here. Pls let us know what you both decide on. We are watching you as this will determine how well you can follow contract through without breach. On another note, you are doing wonderful. Like someone asked, what's the dimension for that Owerri house that warrants 7.7M+?. Do you think you can finish this house in the next 30 days as planned if fund is not a problem?. How do you ensure that your workers are not more expensive that local workers on site?. Do you have an engineer on your team( I will think so)?. what determine how much you charge for a job?. Do you collect your renumeration in batches(stages) or as a whole?. Do you have experience working in a water-logged area?. I'll stop here cuz I have more jamb quuestions for you my Lord.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2012
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b] grin @ Kcool.k4, Chai! if you be JAMB nobody go enter university o!

Let me start from the begining,

QUESTION 1
If I remember perfectly, the landlord wanted a separate thread for his bungalow. Oga Spyder, you goofed on this one ooo. Pls, quickly revert back to his thread unless he has agreed that you showcase it here. Pls let us know what you both decide on. We are watching you as this will determine how well you can follow contract through without breach.

ANSWER
Yes, my client asked me to always update the project thread but I was so stressed out that day that I only updated this thread, I however send him all these pictures on his yahoo mail, hoping to update the project thread later today, (sleep took me away as I was waiting for the connection yesterday night, I was in 3 different states yesterday alone, man no bi firewood na, lol.

QUESTION 2
On another note, you are doing wonderful.

ANSWER
Thank you brother, you just gave me some enrgy with that comment!

QUESTION 3
Like someone asked, what's the dimension for that Owerri house that warrants 7.7M+?.

ANSWER
The duplex in Owerri measures 19.8m x 13.1m, but its the details that should matter, this house has the following features;

1. 1 public lounge downstairs (fitted with a small bar)
2. 1 private lounge upstairs
3. 1 study room/library
4. 1 visitors waiting room/lobby
5. 6 ensuit bedrooms with wardrobes (including a large master bedroom)
6. 1 visitors toilet
7. 1 kitchen
8. 1 kitchen store
9. 1 dining room
10. 1 small laundry room
11. Two room work house/materials store
12. 10 frontal ground to roof designed columns arranged in neat order to aid aesthetics.
13. Design works on the foot of the columns.

The dimensions I gave above has been exceeded, I decided to enlarge the floor space upstairs to make the upper rooms larger. I did this by adding 2 feet cantilever projections on two sides of the house. The whole stones we are using here are granite. The amount also takes care of all logistics, loading and offloading charges.

QUESTION 4
Do you think you can finish this house in the next 30 days as planned if fund is not a problem?.

ANSWER
I sincerely hope so, but to be on the safe side, its better to add another 10 days in case any item becomes scarce.

QUESTION 5
How do you ensure that your workers are not more expensive that local workers on site?.

ANSWER
It is possible that my workers will be slightly expensive than the local workers, but by a very slim margin due to their transportation. But when I consider that I wont need to lecture these guys on my methods or ideals, it compensates for the slight increase as speed and good communication is assured, which is essential for team spirit. Issues like trust, skill and commitment has long been settled, hence they are in my team, we all know each other.

QUESTION 6
Do you have an engineer on your team( I will think so)?.

ANSWER
Yes, in fact two engineers and an architect. We hold meetings to analyze a plan and choose the team that will go for each project. I am just the team manager.

QUESTION 7
what determine how much you charge for a job?.

ANSWER
Distance, the complexity of the project and other conditions peculiar to the environment.

QUESTION 8
Do you collect your renumeration in batches(stages) or as a whole?.

ANSWER
I will never agree to collect all my supervision fee upfront, I always prefer to collect a part of the supervision fee, usually I get paid the mobilization for each stage with the portion of my supervision fees, and when we are about to finish the stage, the next installment should be paid. This will give me an escape route in case a client don't abide by the terms of the contract. (You never know)
It is on record that we settle into site in 48 hours from the hour of payment.

QUESTION 9
Do you have experience working in a water-logged area?.

ANSWER
No, I dont, we have only worked mainly in Enugu, Ebonyi, Anambra, Imo states.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by MaxNdu: 10:23pm On May 01, 2012
spyder880: more
Oga Spyder, please how much do you think one can get a water tank stand like that made. and can you help introduce me to someone who can make a good one. thank
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 4:03am On May 02, 2012
MaxNdu:
Oga Spyder, please how much do you think one can get a water tank stand like that made. and can you help introduce me to someone who can make a good one. thank

I will make some calls about that later today, besides the guy that did this tank stand did a bad job, whats your location?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On May 02, 2012
We bought more rods to be used in this duplex project, decking rod works is very much ongoing and will be completed soon, meanwhile enjoy some pictures of work progress.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On May 02, 2012
offloading the rods in site

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On May 02, 2012
rods rods everywhere!!

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On May 02, 2012
decking mat ongoing, please note that we are using only 12mm rods on this deck. Some people will always like to mix it with 10mm to cut some costs but we are always sticking to specification.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On May 02, 2012
more works done

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.