Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (156717 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2012
We are still working on the duplex in Owerri, work is at the completion stages as we aim to round off all works pertaining to the mounting of the pillars and topping of blocks in readiness for the parapets and roofing thereafter.

I have an appointment with Witchtech group and I think it makes more sense to move the materials from their Asaba factory to Owerri instead of moving it from their Enugu end. They should be producing the stone coated tiles roofing sheets. Colour yet to be chosen by my client.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ahf(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you for bringing this up, if only I have the chance I will show pictures of the difference between these two styles of doing a parapet.

The precasted parapet is definetely more difficult to do, more expensive and more appealing to the eyes as it has so many variations and designs which will be very difficult to do on the normal casted parapet.
The precasted are done and finished on the ground, then carried upstairs to be fixed. This takes more time and attention to details. I wish I will have time to sort my picture files and post the pictures later tonight.

These pictures would really help clarify this aspect.
Wont achieving a "good bond" between precasted parapet and the main body of the house be a challenge?

Page 4 of this article shows a picture of one that is preparing for casting.
https://www.nairaland.com/899191/construction-process-wing-duplex-flat/4
picture attached below

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
^^^ Neat work up there . . .
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
ahf:

These pictures would really help clarify this aspect.
Wont achieving a "good bond" between precasted parapet and the main body of the house be a challenge?

Page 4 of this article shows a picture of one that is preparing for casting.
https://www.nairaland.com/899191/construction-process-wing-duplex-flat/4
picture attached below

That was cool, I will dig up some pics later.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
pictures from Owerri site as at yesterday.

a carpenter mounting a scaffold on which we will stand to mount the upper pillars

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by Fhemmmy: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
Chief, you doing great . . .
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Fhemmmy: Chief, you doing great . . .

Thank you sir

more works from the duplex project setting up a wooden scaffold

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by bristol201(m): 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Yes its fantastic. Continue with the good work.
More Grease to your elbow.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
bristol201: Yes its fantastic. Continue with the good work.
More Grease to your elbow.

I am always encouraged by you guys. Thanks.

We are preparing some more pillars for the upper half, casting continues tomorrow.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2012
By the time I show more pictures of this house, it will be ready for roofing.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by remcoface: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2012
Good evening sir,you are the best.
I will call you later.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2012
remcoface: Good evening sir,you are the best.
I will call you later.

Chai, my Oga wey disappear and forgot me o cheesy

Welcome bros, how business?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:28am On Jul 26, 2012
While running for the rains, we had to shield these ones and cast them inside the house.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by remcoface: 12:37am On Jul 26, 2012
spyder880:

Chai, my Oga wey disappear and forgot me o cheesy

Welcome bros, how business?

Big oga how could i forget you.
I thank God.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2012
Oga Spyder, well done. Iam about to commence the installation of doors on my duplex project. They are all locally fabricated.

This is a locally fabricated arc door for the front entrance (downstairs).

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2012
This is a locally fabricated flush door for the rooms and bathroom doors.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2012
This is a locally fabricated masonia door for the external doors upstairs.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
This is a locally fabricated metal door for the external rooms downstairs.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by bristol201(m): 5:24am On Jul 27, 2012
@NL1960, These are good doors.
Please can you tell us how much these doors are ?
Thank you.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by gmiky: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2012
spyder880:

That was cool, I will dig up some pics later.

@Spyder: Thanx for the insight. Truly appreciated.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by NL1960: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2012
bristol201: @NL1960, These are good doors.
Please can you tell us how much these doors are ?
Thank you.

My sister-in-law's husband in Benin city helped me with the arrangement. The flush door was made for 12k. The masonia door was made for 18k. The single metal door for 35k. The metal door with arc for 50k.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:40am On Jul 28, 2012
Went in search of roofing tiles for the duplex project in Owerri, I will be using Witchtech products so I went to their office and inspected their samples, also asked for quotes.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 12:53am On Jul 28, 2012
My new colour chart for stone coated step tiles roofing sheets. Make your choice cheesy.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by bristol201(m): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2012
@NL1960, Thank you for your prompt response.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by sixtus4: 2:45am On Jul 28, 2012
roged baba whats up,it has being a long time.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2012
sixtus4: roged baba whats up,it has being a long time.

We de o, work still ongoing. I am speeding to Owerri now and will come back with update pictures later today.

elongation of the pillars

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
blocks topped, pillars still rising, scaffolds ready now.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by eros(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
Oga Spyder880,

Please I need you to give me an estimate cost for the parapet(gutter roofing) and the german floor. My bricklayer is charging me 150k for the gutter roofing and 250k for the german floor. This price is obviously too ridiculous, so please I need a fair estimate.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by DCGUY: 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
[quote author=remcoface][/quote]
1. My builder says we need 30 trips of 20 ton laterite sand to fill. The raft was 3 board raft. Is this appropriate? How do I know a 10 ton vs a 15 ton vs 20 ton tipper when they come to deliver?
2. My builder advised that we do block work to lintel before raft. To allow the sand to compact. Is this wise
3. My builder told us that we need 4000 blocks to lintel. This does not include pillars. Is this reasonable?
Help will be appreciated
Please note that the land was waterlogged,

Answer:

Hello, I do bliv that you would want to create the raft, fill the partitions, then german flooring before you even start the block work for the house to have solid foundation. My 2 cents is that the german floor chains the entire raft foundation together.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by juliebest(f): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
Following and enjoying this thread. Oga spider more grease to your elbow.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by princeonx: 2:45am On Aug 01, 2012
@DCGUY:
I believe you're right but you know how naija is, someone will come up from no where and tell you "you fit do am" like that too! German floor hold/chain the foundation together before block setting. I have also heard of people setting blocks up to lindtel before German floor. Hopefully experts on waterlog land will shade more light on this!
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2012
SITUATION REPORT

The rains have been very heavy in Owerri in the last 3 days, this made it impossible for us to work as we are afraid of what the weather could do to our casting of the pillars. We are still working here as we intend to complete this stage as soon as we can and then start roofing the house.

In Enugu, the rains have been falling daily but our bungalow project is still ongoing. We dont have any problems with the rains here because our current works are mostly internal. We are putting finishing touches to plastering/dressing/window protectors and other small finishing required before the tiles are brought in.

We have cleared a new site to commence work in Ebonyi state. The project is a 5 bedroom duplex with all the frills and thrills normal with the Spyder's team. We intend to move in in full and start this work by early next week, meanwhile I am negotiating to bring in materials from this week, but the roads are slippery there. I am praying for serious sunshine there. The owner wants me to hand over the keys of the completed house to him,roofed, finished, tiled inside and outside and painted in 120 days flat!
Budget is N12.2m

I will open a new thread for this Ebonyi project later today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (36) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.