Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159278 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izzystevens: 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
BS
EDD was Monday, April 4th and i've been on mat leave since Mon, March 28th. I was highly expectant and kept packing and re packing my hospital bag. Still nothing sad

Wednesday, April 6th, 9:20am while doing the dishes, a thick white mucus came off, i rushed to show dh and we were super excited as it signifies the beginning of the end.

From white mucus, it graduated to bloody catarrh - like ones and i kept looking forward to meeting my prince.
Contractions started mildly and i didn't go to the hospital to get checked, i kept bearing it like a chic wink

Saturday, April 9th,i went to the hospital but fled cos of my fear of VE (vaginal examination)...

..brb

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations ifyjip and pacini27, send my kisses to your Los. Thank God for safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
@ feddy27, ur boy is very handsome, over cuteness dey worry am.

@ Madam Zaynie and Limseycutie you are really a fashionista, I learnt a lot from your contributions. Thanks.

Congrats Ifyjip on the birth of ur BBB.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
So, I have a small challenge...
No! I think it's a big one.
Please I need you mamas to contribute to this... Please if you have advice for me, don't pass this post by, I dey kneel down beg una.
Please, you ladies shouldn't bash me, Biko, it's taking me a lot of courage to say this here, and I'm really shy of talking to my gynae about this, cos he's male...

So, here goes!!!

I got married last year, a virgin (please I'm not trying to form holier than thou, I have a real issue here), and in my first trimester, the thought of sex alone was nauseating (and MS didn't even make things easy). I almost couldn't stand hubby sleeping on the same bed with me. If he rolled toward me in his sleep by mistake, I would wake him up to shift.
My libido was (and still is) non existent.

2nd trimester, I felt a little better, but my dear libido still was nowhere to be found.

Fast forward to 3rd trimester, we're still singing the same song.
I for even say make I try, but Hubby's job is very demanding, and he gets home like around 11pm, no thanks to Lekki-Ajah traffic. As soon as he gets home, he sleeps off, sometimes he's even too tired to have dinner.

I can actually count how many times we've done "it" , sometimes, we go a whole month without "action" and whenever we try, it's usually painful. no amount of pre-intimacy or lube takes the pain away. I actually cry sometimes and hubby will just be pitying me...

So, my problem is since I'm still very tight down there (even for hubby to chook one finger is difficult), how on earth is this precious baby going to pass there and come out? I'm really scared, cos I've heard of and even seen women who had serious issues after having an episiotomy, and my hospital says its a must to give first timers one...

Please advice me... what do I do? I'm really scared... Do I just opt for an elective CS?

Please don't read and pass oh... please help a sister...
#PleaseDontBash

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
feddy27:

Babe it can only be God o *blushing* You just talk like my husband people "You sabi born"...lol

As for the belle, I chop everything o...For the immunity, I think I took more preventive steps cos hospital waka no be my thing

Oya abeg ejoor drop the preventive tips for our beautiful mamas here, am sure people will learn from your tips. Na learning process we dey here o. Hospital no be my waka too, I even doubt if pple like going to hospital for any reason eww. Only hospital smell sef me no likey
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izzystevens: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Saturday 9th April, during the night, strong contractions started and i endured all through the night, no sleep of course till sunday. Could not attend sunday service, my parent came over after service and saw me in pains, mum convinced me to go get checked and we headed for the hospital at 2pm.

Was examined by the matron and she said i was just "tip of the finger", she directed me to the doctor again and i was told i was 2cm and can go home to return by 7pm.

Mum said we shd take a long walk and i obliged, did a 20mins trek back home, ate eba + okra soup. Dad rushed to a fast food and bought me jollof rice + goat meat. I devoured all.

Mum said, "now you have enough strength for the task ahead". I smiled. Fast forward to 6:30pm, we told dad to come with baby bag and drive ahead while we walked down, i had 5 strong contractions on the way before getting to the hospital.

We got in, and the dreaded VE was done, i was advised to relax and it didn't hurt me at all, was told i'm 4cm and given a bed...

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aim07(f): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Please I need you mamas to contribute to this... Please if you have advice for me, don't pass this post by, I dey kneel down beg una.
Please, you ladies shouldn't bash me, Biko, it's taking me a lot of courage to say this here, and I'm really shy of talking to my gynae about this, cos he's male...

So, here goes!!!

I got married last year, a virgin (please I'm not trying to form holier than thou, I have a real issue here), and in my first trimester, the thought of sex alone was nauseating (and MS didn't even make things easy). I almost couldn't stand hubby sleeping on the same bed with me. If he rolled toward me in his sleep by mistake, I would wake him up to shift.
My libido was (and still is) non existent.

2nd trimester, I felt a little better, but my dear libido still was nowhere to be found.

Fast forward to 3rd trimester, we're still singing the same song.
I for even say make I try, but Hubby's job is very demanding, and he gets home like around 11pm, no thanks to Lekki-Ajah traffic. As soon as he gets home, he sleeps off, sometimes he's even too tired to have dinner.

I can actually count how many times we've done "it" , sometimes, we go a whole month without "action" and whenever we try, it's usually painful. no amount of pre-intimacy or lube takes the pain away. I actually cry sometimes and hubby will just be pitying me...

So, my problem is since I'm still very tight down there (even for hubby to chook one finger is difficult), how on earth is this precious baby going to pass there and come out? I'm really scared, cos I've heard of and even seen women who had serious issues after having an episiotomy, and my hospital says its a must to give first timers one...

Please advice me... what do I do? I'm really scared... Do I just opt for an elective CS?

#PleaseDontBash

Dear e-sis, stop ur worries....ur vjay will dilate wen it is time for ur baby to come....it is nt all time dat ftm do av episiotomy but if ur vjay does nt open very well u may end up having episiotomy.....i had it during my two deliveries, and it healed up quickly though i did sit bath every day.....As per ur libido, it may be because of d preggy u ar carrying, even at dat u still need to encourage urself to have sex because it helps especially wen u ar get closer to ur EDD....Dont be surprised dat ur libido may multiply after ur delivery.
Keep it calm, other mamas will comment....e-hugs

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izzystevens: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
I was checked intermittently and was told i'm making progress. Lo and behold, by monday morning, i was still 6cm when they all said i should have put to bed. Then the real show started.

Due to my prior CS, i wasn't augmented but was left to progress naturally. Now they strapped a fetal heart monitor to my tummy, inserted a drip and gave some pints of oxytocin abi pitocin, i wasn't listening cos the pain was maddening. This was on monday 11th April around 8am.

By 1pm, i was at 7cm and they all got worried and started advising i go the CS route. The contractions were strong and the urge to push was irresistible.
Against the matron's advice, i started pushing...

By 2pm, i was losing my mind, i made the call for CS, i was prepared for theatre, and emergency C section was done, baby was already in distress. Was given a spinal anaesthesia and saw the whole process. My son was brought out, i heard him cry and my hrt melted.

44 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
enkaydewdrop:
Please, you ladies shouldn't bash me, Biko, it's taking me a lot of courage to say this here, and I'm really shy

#PleaseDontBash
Episiotomy as much as I dread it is a better option than CS my Dear. I fear am pass fear sef and that's because most hospitals don't numb the area before stitching embarassed embarassed embarassed But some hospitals do. If you're fortunate to use a hospital that does it, fine. Do your kegel exericises if you have not been doing it to help your pelvic floor muscles master the act of relaxing and tightening. Encourage yourself with positive thoughts that you can do it. In my area, when I see 14yr olds with babies, I wonder how they did it and then tell myself, if they can do it, then I can do it.
But the truth remains, the decision lies with you finally. I have a female Doctor friend who never for once was prepared to subject herself to labour. Once she hits 38 weeks, she picks a date for her CS and goes her way. Whatever is ok for you....it's all about mother alive, baby alive and healthy and father alive too.

For the libido thing, it might improve after delivery. Just wait and see....But dey try give hubby small small sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebony13: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congrats pacino26 and ifyjip on the arrival of your LOs. The joy they have brought into your home shall not b cut short. Amen

Thanks soonest. I've gone and come. The registration fee is now 25k

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 1:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Izzystevens:
I was checked intermittently and was told i'm making progress. Lo and behold, by monday morning, i was still 6cm when they all said i should have put to

By 2pm, i was losing my mind, i made the call for CS, i was prepared for theatre, and emergency C section was done, baby was already in distress. Was given a spinal anaesthesia and saw the whole process. My son was brought out, i heard him cry and my hrt melted.
Congratulations once again. It's good you saved your baby's life ..But wait ooo. You are these dark and baby so fair and white ...abeg no stain the fine boy ooo tongue tongue.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
This fashion topic sweet me die. N.a. glo disappoint me, poor network . Thank you madam Zaynie and teamie Limsycutey! kiss kiss kiss. I had instagram app but uninstalled cos I felt the competition to wear and post was too much. Maybe cos I wasn't following the right people oo. I will download it back jooor and follow these names make I feed my eyes and brain. grin cheesy
Meanwhile, pregnancy has made me turned so carefree about looks and make-up. I packed my Mac powder somewhere far since first trimester as the heat made rubbish of my makeup. I use just white powder if I decide to rub sef. I just go out without it most days. I rarely draw brows again....my L.A. pride and L.A girl lipsticks makes no sense to me most days . No wahala sha.....it's matter of months and I will be back to my confident looking me.
What I dontknow is y hubby never remark on it sef. I haven't made hair in d last 3weeks but this weekend, I will try and improve.
Turkey and US clothes have become sop costly now erh embarassed embarassed God dey....we will survive.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
ifyjip:
And the God of all Impossibilities took my delivery yesday at exactly 6 pm. Now am a mother so the latest mother in town and Daughter well and active. BS later grin
Congratulations, GOD's name be praised.
Ok, I dey wait the BS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nutigal: 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
My darling enkaydewdrop, why don't you just leave everything in the hands of God? you see, I was in your exact shoes when i got married last year and I was tempted to go for elective CS because I could not imagine how the baby would pass through..

I was given a nice cut and abused by the doctor that stitched me for running away from sex. So therefore u better kpekus now

My dear, CS is also a major surgery, if doctor certifies you okay, why do you wanna pick CS..When it is time for delivery, d place will open up and they may help you with episiotomy or guide you through the process..There is nothing to worry about, okay? Prepare your mind and dont entertain fear. Anyway, The ultimate goal is mother and child alive whether na CS or VD. You can do it!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwapastor: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
@enkaydewdrop I also got married last year as a virgin @ 36. The sex thing is not my thing too but hubby said if I'm not doing it that delivery will be very painful and that baby will find it difficult to pass through. So for their sake (himself and baby) I do every method he brings both front and back. I have a very low threshold for pain but I'll give everything to have a vaginal delivery episiotomy and all. If I opt for an elective cs because of fear of anything it might be difficult to revert to vbac. For me whatever it takes its vaginal delivery except my doctor advises otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
Izzystevens:
Saturday 9th April, during the night, strong contractions started and i endured all through the night, no sleep of course till sunday. Could not attend sunday service, my parent came over after service and saw me in pains, mum convinced me to go get checked and we headed for the hospital at 2pm.

Was examined by the matron and she said i was just "tip of the finger", she directed me to the doctor again and i was told i was 2cm and can go home to return by 7pm.

Mum said we shd take a long walk and i obliged, did a 20mins trek back home, ate eba + okra soup. Dad rushed to a fast food and bought me jollof rice + goat meat. I devoured all.

Mum said, "now you have enough strength for the task ahead". I smiled. Fast forward to 6:30pm, we told dad to come with baby bag and drive ahead while we walked down, i had 5 strong contractions on the way before getting to the hospital.

We got in, and the dreaded VE was done, i was advised to relax and it didn't hurt me at all, was told i'm 4cm and given a bed...

Izzy, mbok, are u sure VE isn't painful so

See all the food wey u chop! Hehehe... Chineke!!!

Big congrats by the way...
So na only one you born last last
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwapastor: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Congratulations ifyjip and pacino26 on the arrival of your bundles of joy.
@ demijevu welcome teamie
@ feddy27 your boy is so cute.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
Izzystevens:
I was checked intermittently and was told i'm making progress. Lo and behold, by monday morning, i was still 6cm when they all said i should have put to bed. Then the real show started.

Due to my prior CS, i wasn't augmented but was left to progress naturally. Now they strapped a fetal heart monitor to my tummy, inserted a drip and gave some pints of oxytocin abi pitocin, i wasn't listening cos the pain was maddening. This was on monday 11th April around 8am.

By 1pm, i was at 7cm and they all got worried and started advising i go the CS route. The contractions were strong and the urge to push was irresistible.
Against the matron's advice, i started pushing...

Ouch!!!
Ndo...
Hope you feel better...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
thanks to all d fashion analysis mamas, you all rock. iya Atinuke chop knuckle, you too much. pls o mamas in Abuja kindly recommend a good, reliable and affordable tailor in Abuja. Also a place to get nice tops and gowns. Not the Wuse market area o, cos they can sabi cut off ones head for that area.

Feedy27 happy birthday to ur son and mum.
To all d mamas that just put to bed, congratulations may ur LOs bring you unending joy.
Ahnie how re u doing? God is in control,Trust u re good
To d waddling mamas, it will end in praise.

Ahnue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hbd to your son Feddy27, he is so cute kiss, I wish him many happy, healthy and prosperous years.
Hbd to Grandma too, may she witness many more happy years in good health. Amin
Oya make we see for corner, just imagine the combo of your son and Atinuke....imagine what our grandkids will look like....imagine .....imagine the possibilities.....pick a form today wink

@ all mamas, its my pleasure. I no too dey baff o, buh the ones wey I get I dey try. Na my hijab and size dey tie my hand sef.

MumZ, peep toe flats will be nice on short gowns.
Make sure your nails are looking good.

For long gowns, go for strappy sandals or a very low wedge sandal.
Also girlie sneakers and plimsolls can look good on short skirts and gowns.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
No light in my area to enjoy the package joor.

limsycutey:
Incase you haven't heard, Dstv is opening up all their stations for all subscribers from 14th (today) till 21st of April. Oh goody! grin na that Fox and those mnet movie stations I dey target.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izzystevens: 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Observations -

*bodies vary from one woman to the other, a lady was brought in on tuesday afternoon, she was in active labour and 4cm dilated, she was not shouting, jst silent groans, she requested to go ease herself and after a while, matron said she must come out else she would poop her baby in the WC.

She was taken to be checked in the delivery room and next thing we all heard was baby's cry. All her stay was less than 2hours.

**2nd case scenario, a lady directly opposite me, her labour progressed and at the peak of her pains, against the midwife's advice, she pushed out her baby and tore her cervix, almost 5hrs after, she was still in the delivery room, screaming agonisingly.

Last Note:
God bless everyone who has contributed to this wonderful thread and may He answer our ATC sisters speedily.

Adios amigos!

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

My own na 10 weeks gangan... am tayad already...
I can't walk properly again, I now move like a duck. I have this stabbing pain in my pubic bone... to sleep sef na wahala... everywhere is just heavy...
It is well... make me sef go find calendar to destroy with Biro...
God 4bid delay but i dont tink u will reach ten 10weeks b4 u put to bed cos d signs are showing already. either u port or d 1st 2weeks of ur month

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwapastor: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hello mamas I greet una from A-Z. I saw one thread on a child abuser that poured hot water on her house help for waking up late. I hope such mamas are not on this thread. God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
@ enkaydewdrop just let nature take it course. I know of a lot of pple who av had vd even though dey dint kpekus truout d preggy cos dia hubby dye outside or medical ish. Bt dey try give hubby small small cos it helps. I noticed dat fingering tin dey pain n pepper me after d show, so instead I use dh tip 2 stimulate until I lubricate den he enter gentle gentle (I b innocent o I no Sabi nothing). Dh dey complain sometimes say after 2 children y still dey tight. Me no get power 4 rough play. My sis doc had 2 send 4 her hubby 2 come n do d needful during her 1st preggy cos he is in abj n she in Lagos. She still went on 2 av a VD without tear. So pls don't worry so much dear. God is in total control. I also do some squats exercise close 2 delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Swearest:
God 4bid delay but i dont tink u will reach ten 10weeks b4 u put to bed cos d signs are showing already. either u port or d 1st 2weeks of ur month

Chineke!
as in port to May?
EDD is 27th June oh...
I never ready oh...
Chai!...
#HoldsHandsOnHead
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
nwapastor:
Hello mamas I greet una from A-Z. I saw one thread on a child abuser that poured hot water on her house help for waking up late. I hope such mamas are not on this thread. God help us all.

God forbid...
Na angels we get for here oh...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
zaynie:

MumZ, peep toe flats will be nice on short gowns.
Make sure your nails are looking good.

For long gowns, go for strappy sandals or a very low wedge sandal.
Also girlie sneakers and plimsolls can look good on short skirts and gowns.

Tank u plenty plenty. My nails r always short n neat. Don't use nail polish except lahli once in a while, dat one sef don tay.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thnks@demmykay.congrats @ma'am ifyjip

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please who z team dec captain?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
*****Aim07--- Thanks a lot sis... How long did it take for the cut to heal? and were you able to poo well from the time you were given the cut

*****BritneyStacy--- I dey try give am small small, but to just bring myself to do am dey hard me... I'll start the kegel exercises ASAP... Thanks a lot...

*****Nutigal--- My sister, if I start kpekusing from now, hope it'll be enough to help the place widen small? cos June no far again oh...

*****Nwapastor--- Wow! Are you kidding me? Your confidence has given me some ginger. Thanks so much mama...

*****Mumz--- Seriously? 2 kids? I thought they said the place never remains the same after one kid.
Thanks mama... I'll do as you say...

Thanks everyone...
#Hugz&Kisses

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
esof1:

Faith mediplex is okay, that's where I use. Ante natal days are Wednesdays and Thursdays

Thank you ma will go and register.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.