Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,038 members, 7,866,931 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8281287 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:32am On May 28, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amhappy(f): 7:34am On May 28, 2016
@ Genyebere May God be with you sister. I think you doc is right;remember mum alive,baby alive is the goal. I pray labour progresses on it's own. Do some walking,pineapple,half ripe pawpaw etc

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 7:46am On May 28, 2016
CovenantBabies:
@Sixx, it's well with us. This purging will stop by His grace. So what do you intend to do after this session of pregnacare is over. Switch to individual supplements which will include 800mcg folic acid or what?
I will continue wit d pregnacare n n odas 4 now den switch to anoda Pregnacare dt has upto 800mcg dts in second trimester n by den I wud hv started antenatal so my doc will knw wat 2 giv me, if he doesn't include ferrous, I will. Bt I am already taking a lot now, don't want 2 overdo it. Our mothers sef many did not take as much bt look how we turned out.

Tnks mama Zaynie, I sw ur CC.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 7:52am On May 28, 2016
Hello Sixx, I wasn't on any drugs to suppress morning sickness. it's all natural. my mum and elder sis went thru all 6 pregnancies without any form of morning sickness, so I guess that's why they are not surprised mine is going d same route...lol.
I'm curious tho, do u really want morning sickness? undecided

Sixx:
Gud am, mamas, I slept well o. N u?
Happy childrens day in arriers bt we are still in d spirit of celebration sha.

@Blessedmum are u still in d hospital? Hw u doing now. Me I knw dat God has settled u already come september, baby will continue her kicking in ur arms. U are healed IJN.

Pls I hv a question o. First
@enque were u on any drug, vitamins or even food dat helped u avoid morning sickness or all is nature?

Secondly
@lomoge since u were taking B6 like me, did it prevent morning sickness 4 u, hw was ur experience like. I read online dt vitamin B6 supresses morning sickness, is it true?

Pls I need ur replies n oda sabi mamas too, biko nu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wonyi: 7:58am On May 28, 2016
wonyi:
Good evening pushing mamas,is it wise for a pregnant women to live with her mother in law? Her husband is hardly around because of the nature of his job,n her doctor has advised strict bed rest.
Her issues are, 1.how will the mother in law handle the house chores alone without feeling over stressed.2)especially at the early stage of pregnancy a woman is expected to maintain low profile n keep herself from people, living with her mother inlaw means she will be carried along in terms of ante natal n the progress of the pregnancy, how can this be avoided?

Living in the hospital is not a bad idea but expensive, 5k without food per night.
The only issue with staying at home is that she most get a house help and church member visiting and asking why she wasn't in church , how can this be avoided?

Pls your suggestions count.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:01am On May 28, 2016
wonyi:
Good evening pushing mamas,is it wise for a pregnant women to live with her mother in law? Her husband is hardly around because of the nature of his job,n her doctor has advised strict bed rest.
Her issues are, 1.how will the mother in law handle the house chores alone without feeling over stressed.2)especially at the early stage of pregnancy a woman is expected to maintain low profile n keep herself from people, living with her mother inlaw means she will be carried along in terms of ante natal n the progress of the pregnancy, how can this be avoided?

Living in the hospital is not a bad idea but expensive, 5k without food per night.
The only issue with staying at home is that she most get a house help and church member visiting and asking why she wasn't in church , how can this be avoided?

Pls your suggestions count.

Maintain low profile? How?
You never see some pregnancies that come in boldly to announce themselves?
Kikikikikiki
Reminds me of running with speed to the toilet in the middle of a class, sleeping all thru a seminar right beside my boss, taking permission to go home and rest....... cheesy
And this strict bedrest........ cheesy, sorry no low profile for this pregnant woman o!

Besides she should share this with her MiL, even if they weren't on good terms, this could seal the deal. And if they were on good terms, better.
Elderly women (esp without husbands) who have had children, nurtured them and set them free always love to fuss over people....that's what they do. That's why you go home and see your mom helping this to do this and helping that to do that....that's how they remain relevant, by helping those who need them.

She could go and get herself pampered, carry her MiL along and share this with her. She has little to lose and much to gain.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 8:08am On May 28, 2016
enque:
Hello Sixx, I wasn't on any drugs to suppress morning sickness. it's all natural. my mum and elder sis went thru all 6 pregnancies without any form of morning sickness, so I guess that's why they are not surprised mine is going d same route...lol.
I'm curious tho, do u really want morning sickness? undecided

My dear am in 4 anything dt will constantly remind me that am expecting. Am not d falling ill type so morning sickness 4 me will be lyk a celebration of knowing am still human afterall. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by orney(f): 8:11am On May 28, 2016
iomoge2:

Mine used to scare me so try I entered Google. Lol
A day or two after d deed, I will just see better ewcm.
So stretchy and plenty. When I showed him once, he stopped pouring inside n it stopped. But I didn't smell it.
He has resumed pouring and it didn't start again.
Just watch it and see. But I think it's no cause for alarm.

i usually see the beta ewcm just like you av described like two day after the deed,buh i think dis one is his semen cos it looks and smell like it,it came out and stopped.i will keep my fingers crossed and make sure he doesnt pour inside again.thank you ma'am for the response.....pls is it advisable to drink yogourt?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 8:39am On May 28, 2016
CovenantBabies:
Beautiful weekend Mamas.

@Mitchyy, how u dey? Pls quick queshion, how do you take the pregnacare max? Do you take the recommended two pregnacare tabs all at the same time or do you take one morning, one night? Abeg makei no goof cheesy

Morning dear. If you check the pack, its written there. Two of the green tablet and one of the yellow one(Omega 3). Only once a day and you're done.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olulove(m): 8:47am On May 28, 2016
olulove:
hey mama's in the huz...

wondering why i'm here right grin grin?

hmmmmm i'm here to tell you my wife's birth story.

shes not the techy type, so most time whenever i'm back from work i jump in here to read some clues,birth stories and experienced shared on this forum, have been following this topic since she took in.

before i continue, hope i wasn't intruding ooOOO?...i'm just trying to be a caring DH grin grin grin

ok, labour started on Wednesday 18-05-2016 after some kpekus oiling cool cool cool tongue tongue thought it was the normal stomach ache after the kpekusin.

i just massage her waist line and told her she should relax, meanwhile baby is still at 37weeks and some few days.. she woke me up @ about 1 am when contraction was much. i took her to general hospital. cause that was were she did her antenatal.

Doc said she was 2cm-3cm and asked us to come back the following morning, but that she should continue with her exercise. as at Thursday night she was still at 5cm. cervix was still close, i was worried, all the nurses and Doc were rude...i left her around 2 am friday morning with mother inlaw to rest cause have been up for 36hrs without sleep.

5;45am mother inlaw called to inform me no one as attended to her yet and she was still in pain, i was very angry, prepared for work and went to the hospital straight.

see i dun tire to talk, God took control and she gave birth to a beautiful princess, i was told CS was another option, but God took control

i will continue later.. meanwhile catch a glimpse of my beautiful creature.

p.s

typographical error

i dey rush to type.

Good morning mama’s
Story continues…
When I got to the hospital, I went straight to the hospital reception, I said good morning but the nurses were to big to answer my greeting, before I said jack the Doc that just arrived started shouting that everybody at the reception should GET OUT!!! Coz it’s kinda of close to the labour room. Me that was already vexed just told him, sir pls calm down my wife as been here since three days…before I could finish my sentence the Doc just “YOU ARE STEWPED”…that got me more pissed off. Na there I adjust my tie. Then I replied “YOU ARE VERY VERY STEWPED AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR SAYING I’M STEWPED” we just rake for ourselves ooOOOO, the guy just said he won’t attend to my wife again and that we should take her somewhere else, at that moment my wife and mother in-law were already crying & asking me to stop. Me still dey para for d DOC. I was like if not for the locality were my office is situated, my wife is suppose to access a befitting medical facility.
The pharmacist and accountant of the hospital got a clue of what was happening, they recognize me, coz I always fast track there transaction anytime they visit my office, pharmacist went to the DOC to tell him who I was. DOC now came and met me at the pharmacy unit, he said he was sorry for the insult, that he has been under pressure and receive a lot of insults from some impatient patient in the past few days, I apologize also for my reactions, he promise to give DW (Dear Wife) is best, I was later told he was the HHS(Head of Hospital) or something. Na so we turn friend after. Lesson learnt “don’t let people talk you down becoz of their personal problems or present situation” I never regretted my choice of words to the DOC, coz he actually bargain for it. Him wan use me shine. cool
DW actually went through a prolong labour, even mother in-law and one of my neighbors were emotionally, but the God of late Apostle Ayodele Babalola answered her prayer, becoz “OLORUN AYO BABALOLA OOooooo” was what she was shouting all through the labour period. Proudly (C.A.C)
She gave birth @ about 11:05am of 20:05:16, with a little tear.
Na yesterday we do her naming ooOOO.
Her name na OLUWATODIMU (our God can be held onto), MILDRED (gentle strength), QUEEN (the wife of a supreme king)…..AND SOME OTHER 5 NAMES
Pix frm our naming. smiley smiley smiley

68 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 8:53am On May 28, 2016
[quote author=wonyi post=46041095][/quote]

Even if the woman wants to do low profile, she shouldn't try to keep it from Mother-in-law too now. What's there if she knows? Will she kill her own grandson/daughter? Abi what's the reason behind it? I wanted to do same with my pregnancy but thank God i didn't. My mother-in-law even gave me more tips to manage the pregnancy than my own mum. My MIL was always warning my husband to let me rest and telling him what and what to do. She sent fruits, sent foodstuff, sent original shea butter. She really helped and i thank God my dh didnt listen to me when i said lets not tell anyone until 2nd trimester.
If she doesnt have any issue with her MIL she should go der jare. As for house chores, she shud explain to the MIL what the doc said before she goes. If possible, ask MIL if they can get someone to come and clean daily to lessen the load.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 9:13am On May 28, 2016
olulove, Beautiful bs plus beautiful baby plus beautiful name Mildred. May God's name be praised. Congrats.

The woman in d story should leave that house immediately. That is no longer a marriage, that one is not a husband. Abeg, she shd go back to her mother.

Congrats to all mothers that have given birth. May God bless your los.

Newbies welcome. Have a wonderful pregnancy n delivery.

All mamas I hail o. I just peep to say hi.

Teamjulyforsupernaturaldelivery.

Wey that woman wet say e no dey see July mamas, I Neva c my basket of tomatoes. I wan cook stew.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:44am On May 28, 2016
Thanks a lot Mitchyy ur a darling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:51am On May 28, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:53am On May 28, 2016
Women who stay with abusive husbands and those who encourage them to stay, please read this sad story currently on nairaland frontpage:

https://www.nairaland.com/3131757/corpse-roseline-sougie-killed-husband

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AdaEkube(f): 9:54am On May 28, 2016
[quote author=wonyi post=46035829]Good evening pushing mamas,is it wise for a

If she has a good relationship with her mother in law,I don't see anything bad in staying with her or telling her abt d pregnancy,if her mother in law is still very strong,she wouldn't mind taking care of her.its all abt their mutual understanding.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:56am On May 28, 2016
Olulove, some drs really need you to para for them before they can have sense, else they will just ride you and treat you like nobody. Thank God it ended well.
Your princess is so cute!!! She carried mummy's complexion and carried your face.
So na 1 - 1, no cheating. Lol. Congrats

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:59am On May 28, 2016
CovenantBabies:

Regarding ur last post about the lady in question telling MIL - I agree with telling MILs cos they always do their best to help, but what of in a situation where MIL is the type that can't keep secret what should one do?

I have a similar problem kind of especially with this telling MIL aspect. We've told my own Mum, I really want to tell MIL cos I know she'll help & me I need that help + pampering seriously, but DH is saying No, not yet cos MIL gets carried away most of the time & will gradually announce the pregnancy to the whole world out of Joy before you say jack cheesy
I don't want her to find out on her own, it'll be obvious we hid it from her & she might not be so happy.
So what happens in such a case?
I feel this might be the scenario with the lady Wonyi is talking about.

Yes i agree. But she can tell her dh to tell the mum not to broadcast the news. Same thing i did. My dad na newscaster and doesn't know how to keep a secret. So my mum called him to speak with him seriously that my pregnancy should be kept inhouse and should not be broadcasted at all. Surprisingly, he didnt tell anyone, till now. Its worse when the MIL finds out from someone else.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 10:05am On May 28, 2016
so i

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 10:16am On May 28, 2016
Ada243:
heres me and my first daughter and yes thats my stomach after one. i pray it goea back after no 2. 28weeks gone now #team august.
u wanna know d secret to that stomach abi? ok here is it, make sure u let ur mumsy or hubby press ur stomach with hot water morning and night for 2weeks. if u can drink only hot water for 3mts. tuck ur stomach in always, tie ur stomach with wrapper until ure nearly unable to breathe for at least a month..
Teamie , thanks for sharing. But I intended buying a stomach girdle for the tieing . The girlde and the wrapper, which is better?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 10:18am On May 28, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Teamie , thanks for sharing. But I intended buying a stomach girdle for the tieing . The girlde and the wrapper, which is better?
my mumcy said d wrapper is better but also get the girdle for when u are going out of d house or wen u want to sleep. i didnt feel comfy sleeping with d wrapper.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 10:25am On May 28, 2016
Sixx:
My dear am in 4 anything dt will constantly remind me that am expecting. Am not d falling ill type so morning sickness 4 me will be lyk a celebration of knowing am still human afterall. Lol
You say gini? Trust me , you DON'T need hyperemesis( severe morning sickness ) to remind you that you are still human and expecting! It's like woman approaching delivery and saying she is praying for a prolonged labour so she can know that she is really a woman that can give birth! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Be thankful that you don't have it!! Maybe until you witness first-hand from someone close who spends virtually her first 3-4months in and out of the hospital before you will appreciate your self!
From 18 weeks or so when your baby starts kicking, the kicks are all you need as a reminder that you are expecting!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 10:26am On May 28, 2016
Ada243:

my mumcy said d wrapper is better but also get the girdle for when u are going out of d house or wen u want to sleep. i didnt feel comfy sleeping with d wrapper.
Thank you....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 10:29am On May 28, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Thank you....
uwc dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:35am On May 28, 2016
mornin mamas..it is well wt our families nd we shall all run d race to d end valiantly..lets all stay strong nd positive.

GenyEbere..our foodie oya go in peace nd cum bck nd testify .

olulove...ohh..biutiful family!!..i luv ur queen's oda na mildred..shey i fit steal itgrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 10:44am On May 28, 2016
[quote author=wonyi post=46041095][/quote]
It all depends on d relationship btw u too,but there's absolutely nothing wrong in telling ur mil that u are pregnant. Am presently with my parent instead of my inlaws cos I know am a Lil high risk and I need someone that can really nuture me.
I and my hubby decided it should be my mums,they both stay in same town. I don't cook at all,but when I go visiting my inlaws I end up cooking if I want to eat and sometimes it is stressful for me. But if the lady's mil is still very able she can go over there.
Depends on how many months she is, if she can manage till she enters 2nd trimester to tell d church members too,just incase dey may be helpful or pray along. And remember in dis part of d world u don't announce pregnancy,u announce birth of baby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:44am On May 28, 2016
raptor2....miss u too sis *hugginherandnottouchinher* angry

@mitchyy...no bra nd pants to pick o..#teamnopantsndbra our oga na enkaydewdrop...nd dont bother separatin us ...olatebony don join witness list nowgrin

Ada243...u luk gud mam bt dAt hot water tin made my friend's tummy to squeeze oo..all wrinked..she dey gada money to go on *Botched* sef.jst kiddin bt she dey alwz complain o..hop u had smooth tummy o..oya show us to convirm lik mum rofemiguwa did grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 10:47am On May 28, 2016
CovenantBabies:

Regarding ur last post about the lady in question telling MIL - I agree with telling MILs cos they always do their best to help, but what of in a situation where MIL is the type that can't keep secret what should one do?

I have a similar problem kind of especially with this telling MIL aspect. We've told my own Mum, I really want to tell MIL cos I know she'll help & me I need that help + pampering seriously, but DH is saying No, not yet cos MIL gets carried away most of the time & will gradually announce the pregnancy to the whole world out of Joy before you say jack cheesy
I don't want her to find out on her own, it'll be obvious we hid it from her & she might not be so happy.
So what happens in such a case?
I feel this might be the scenario with the lady Wonyi is talking about.
We're in d same situation as regards telling MIL,hubby& I av agreed we tell her next month I would av been 6mnths plus then.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 10:51am On May 28, 2016
cutienik:
Ada243...u luk gud mam bt dAt hot water tin made my friend's tummy to squeeze oo..all wrinked..she dey gada money to go on *Botched* sef.jst kiddin bt she dey alwz complain o..hop u had smooth tummy o..oya show us to convirm lik mum rofemiguwa did grin
hahahahaa. except u wanna see my bump now, i dont have a picx of my bare stomach before pregnaacy. btw, i didnt hve wrinkled stomach. maybe she has fragile stomach and d temperature of the water was harsh on her skin. me i be ajekpako. na water wey dem take dey remove fowl back i take dey bath.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 10:51am On May 28, 2016
cutienik:
hahahahaa. except u wanna see my bump now, i dont have a picx of my bare stomach before pregnaacy. btw, i didnt hve wrinkled stomach. maybe she has fragile stomach and d temperature of the water was harsh on her skin. me i be ajekpako. na water wey dem take dey remove fowl back i take dey bath. sad
cutienik:
hahahahaa. except u wanna see my bump now, i dont have a picx of my bare stomach before pregnaacy. btw, i didnt hve wrinkled stomach. maybe she has fragile stomach and d temperature of the water was harsh on her skin. me i be ajekpako. na water wey dem take dey remove fowl back i take dey bath.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 10:55am On May 28, 2016
BritneyStacy:

You say gini? Trust me , you DON'T need hyperemesis( severe morning sickness ) to remind you that you are still human and expecting! It's like woman approaching delivery and saying she is praying for a prolonged labour so she can know that she is really a woman that can give birth! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Be thankful that you don't have it!! Maybe until you witness first-hand from someone close who spends virtually her first 3-4months in and out of the hospital before you will appreciate your self!
From 18 weeks or so when your baby starts kicking, the kicks are all you need as a reminder that you are expecting!
You've advised her well, nobody shld pray for MS. The lady whose bed is beside mine at d hospital has been on admission since due to hyperemesis, nothing stays in her tummy dat's is if she even managed to eat. She has been on bed since and couldn't even do anything on her own.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 10:59am On May 28, 2016
@blessedmum,thank God u re doing great.

@britneystacey,my able captain no be small overfeeding I do,shebi I for send part portion to u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) (1623) (1624) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omowunmigan(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.