Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200187 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buccee: 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
Yesitsme:
RECHARGEABLE FAN oooooooooooooo pls had to cut my hair today cos of heat. Lord help me ABI na only me the heat dey do?

Who hair help? I remember I had to cut my hair at 5 months when I almost turned dh to standing fan. U can stil look trendy on short hair. Rocked my pregnancy with straw curls. It is well with u and Lo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by buccee: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2017
omoloulah:
so gynae jus left my room now. he said everything going on well so next vjay exam is 4am tomorrow and afterwards we'll just insert a tablet to speed things up so we can all b done by noon tomorrow all things being equal. me I've asked my mum to bring me ugwu n egusi soup with eba and amala. meanwhile I'm chilling here wit a big pack of chivita to help me cope with dis contraction. thanks everyone for keeping me in mind.

Foodie mama, it shall end in praise. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
My dear morning and night oh. Loooool
realdentist:
Omoloulah n hunniesuzie abeg these babies should be cooperating with us o. Don't they know we're waiting g for BA/BS? I hope u guys hv given them eviction notice in the Jackie Mize way (supernatural childbirth things)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
Go to class oh! Collect my meat pie and drink

Giddyperson:

I'm beginning to find these antenatal check ups more and more annoying cuz I never have any complaints, and when I do, I just get 'It's all part of pregnancy'.I'm planning to skip my antenatal class on Saturday and go start my baby shopping, before I'd become one of those patients whom the nurses flog during delivery for not having a hospital bag cheesy.

Btw, @all mamas, I feel like it's time to start reading parenting books. Who can recommend a good parenting book biko. I'd prefer something that's based on psychology or if it's a christian book, it shouldn't have bible quotations all over it. Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Lol that item 7 is kinda interesting tho but no thank you, you can collect my own. Go and copy notes cuz I'd ask you what they taught tongue that's if your lo hasn't shown by then
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:

ehn ehn! Antenatal class,pls explain to a sister how this one works o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lai lai. I promised myself at the last class that they wont see me in February. If LO never show I go dey my house. But by God's grace he go don show
Giddyperson:

Lol that item 7 is kinda interesting tho but no thank you, you can collect my own. Go and copy notes cuz I'd ask you what they taught tongue that's if your lo hasn't shown by then

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
Some hospitals have classes where they teach you what to expect and you can ask your questions. @Giddyperson and I use the same hospital, don't mind us

forzarush:
ehn ehn! Antenatal class,pls explain to a sister how this one works o!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
realdentist:
Omoloulah n hunniesuzie abeg these babies should be cooperating with us o. Don't they know we're waiting g for BA/BS? I hope u guys hv given them eviction notice in the Jackie Mize way (supernatural childbirth things)

It's well my sisters God is in control. I have decided to rest my case in God hands. I had my ante-natal on Tuesday and I was told I have not dilated yet and baby has not engaged I was so sad and hubby just cheered me up. I'm 39weeks today just trusting God for the best. God will see us through this february.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mamas abeg make I rant small....... I went to ANC yesterday and after d palpation d midwife said dat my baby is in a transverse position naso d thing vex me and I started having a bad day all thru even at night I cludt sleep well but I have made up my mind again not to worry because I knw my God is always there for me , d only thing I knw is dat whether transverse or versetrans I don't care..... Before the delivery time he/she go position well, my God is in control of my case chikene.
*catwalks out*

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
omoloulah:
so gynae jus left my room now. he said everything going on well so next vjay exam is 4am tomorrow and afterwards we'll just insert a tablet to speed things up so we can all b done by noon tomorrow all things being equal. me I've asked my mum to bring me ugwu n egusi soup with eba and amala. meanwhile I'm chilling here wit a big pack of chivita to help me cope with dis contraction. thanks everyone for keeping me in mind.
have a safe delivery dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
Here is my BS even though its been a very long while, I still share something's in common with everyone here.
Bear in mind I was size 18, I didn't gain any weight in preg and was back to pre-preg weight immediately.

Took me two years to get a BFP (was busy with studies so didn't bother too much, however also concerned a bit cos MIL had alzheimers and I wanted her to see her first grandchild)

There was no MS, no cravings, nothing special or out of the ordinary, well except I had carpal tunnel syndrome @ 5mths
went to gym since I found out I was BFP and got chased out a week to delivery

Didn't feel LOs kicks at all (I had a bit of tummy bf preg, so my sis said perhaps na fat dey cushion am), felt it once though and I disturbed baby by beating my tummy like a drum until I felt someone hit me like 'do not disturb'

Developed gestational diabetes (inevitable, family history of diabetics and sis had GP) so was termed high risk, as if being fat wasn't enuf (had to be seen by dietician, story for another day)

@28 weeks, woke up and was greeted with blood stains, so much like period at started overnight and didn't even know. Ambulance had to take me to hosp and checks came out with nothing at all. My take, the previous day I had gone for whooping cough injection and I still till date suspect it was the culprit.

More panic when I didn't feel LOs kicks anymore (bear in mind, I never felt it in the first instance, but after the incidence, I was more aware that something could have happened)

Due to GD, I was to be induced (which I wasn't particular about, so had hot curry to bring labour but no show) and Drs set date for sept 9th (told them I wasn't tired carrying the preg). My DD according to LMP was sept 11th, scan was sept 15 +/- 5days. Got to hosp sept 9th, was put in my own room instead of a shared room in the prenatal ward. First set of pessaries (it looked like the thread you find in lantern, dunno the name) was inserted. Few mins later, it fell into the loo so had to have another one done. This is meant to act within 24hrs. I went on walks, climbed stairs, nothing happened. Was asked to rest 24hrs so nothing for the 10th. I was only 1cm here

Sept 11 (I didn't want this date, don't ask why) They inserted a tablet (4hrly) to ripen the cervix, still no show by the time they were going for the 3rd, I was tired and wanted to go home cos I was dying of boredom, however, due to high BP (already had bf preg so not preg induced) Dr refused me going home. The nurse who inserted the third goes well I hope this is the lucky bullet! This was abt 8ish. 9PM husb had to go home cos he can only be around between 8am-9pm. BTW, I was into essential oil and dropped a lot in my room to keep the room smelling nice and peaceful.

He left, and I showered, in fact I wanted to stay in the shower but then also needed to use the loo, which I found difficult. Had to tell the nurse and she prepared a bath with lavender oil for me. Stayed in bath for 1hr, was able to use the loo. By the time I got back to my room, I noticed I couldn't really climb the bed or find a good position to sit down, at about 12 or so, I rang the bell to get the attn of the nurses. Bf then I felt this sharp pain across my pubic region (it felt like a knife had cut me there from left to right) and I said to myself if this was labour pains those who said I can do it are lying (I've got a high threshold for pain) but I kept calm and didn't shout.

PS: I rubbed some clary sage, lavender and jasmine oil at the points I was meant to and I think it might have helped with bringing labour

Nurse was like its not 4hrs yet, they are not meant to check me, so weren't particularly bothered but checked anyway. All this while, loads of shout from women from other rooms was just irritating me but I calmed down by moving holding onto radiator and I remembered pulling so hard it almost ripped from the wall .. that's when I walked away as I didn't want to owe NHS.

I sat on the toilet and laboured that way, the breathing technique I had learnt I forgot, but the nurse was really kind, she reminded me how to breath and said it was ok to labour on the toilet cos her daughter did same.

Note: by the time they checked me, I had progressed so fast it was time to push. Both nurses were so shocked that I had to be put in the wheelchair and rushed upstairs in the lift to L&grin, my husb catching us as we were going. I said to Lorraine, I can feel the head, she goes do not push.

Next thing, we raced up, she pushes me straight into the room, I got onto the bed, facing the wall and on my knee (which the midwife was saying to we didn't let her prepare) and before we said Jack Robinson, 2 pushes or so, baby out. They were unable to listen to baby's heartbeat or anything cos it was too fast. Baby weighed 3.5, though was told would be bigger according to scan, smh. I finished and laid on my back but my legs where shaking uncontrollably for quite a while.
Forgot to say: cos they couldnt hook me to lostening device, Sue said just follow what your body tells you. No assitance o! They just collected the baby when it came out and handed to me. This was the first time we would know the sex too so I told my husband 2 things
1) its a boy
2) how come he doesn't have a lot of hair! Then they passed him over to husb

We forgot out babys' bag in my room
I didn't really have my full cloths so was given theirs
and we forgot to video the birth

I didn't have an epidural (never wanted one, saw one that failed and vowed not to have one)
Didn't want a CS cos I didn't know how I would heal
Didn't want drugs cos didn't know how I would react to it

In all God was faithful. I didn't have any of the above but had a little tear which I had to use Gas and air for when they stitched it. Felt it all, told Dr, I know what you're doing, just kept saying it and everyone present was laffing at me.

By the time we got home, we found my labour from start to finish was 37mins from the records given to us
I was FTM and my friend had a baby previous year and she had abt 27hours of labour.

I have now been told my second can come even faster.

Truth is whilst people would say this is really good and all, I would say, it has its disadvantages too. It is traumatic for your HU-HA and you. It doesn't give you enough time to process things and for weeks on end, even today, I cant sit for too long or stand for too long. It gets better with time.

I know each pregnancy and labour is different and you cant prepare enough but in all, follow your gut instincts. I never read a book and you can never plan your delivery

This story was for delivery back in 2013 and I am just getting my head round thinking about another one not because of discomfort of preg cos I never had anything, but cos I dey pity my Hu-Ha! I'm sorry its really really long but hope someone can relate to it.

Anyone here who has gone through “precipitous labour" (where you give birth within 3 hours of labour), it would be nice to share your experience.

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
mooretes:
Here is my BS even though its been a very long while, I still share something's in common with everyone here.
Bear in mind I was size 18, I didn't gain any weight in preg and was back to pre-preg weight immediately.

Took me two years to get a BFP (was busy with studies so didn't bother too much, however also concerned a bit cos MIL had alzheimers and I wanted her to see her first grandchild)

There was no MS, no cravings, nothing special or out of the ordinary, well except I had carpal tunnel syndrome @ 5mths

Didn't feel LOs kicks at all (I had a bit of tummy bf preg, so my sis said perhaps na fat dey cushion am), felt it once though and I disturbed baby by beating my tummy like a drum until I felt someone hit me like 'do not disturb'

Developed gestational diabetes (inevitable, family history of diabetics and sis had GP) so was termed high risk, as if being fat wasn't enuf (had to be seen by dietician, story for another day)

@28 weeks, woke up and was greeted with blood stains, so much like period at started overnight and didn't even know. Ambulance had to take me to hosp and checks came out with nothing at all. My take, the previous day I had gone for whooping cough injection and I still till date suspect it was the culprit.

More panic when I didn't feel LOs kicks anymore (bear in mind, I never felt it in the first instance, but after the incidence, I was more aware that something could have happened)

Due to GD, I was to be induced (which I wasn't particular about, so had hot curry to bring labour but no show) and Drs set date for sept 9th (told them I wasn't tired carrying the preg). My DD according to LMP was sept 11th, scan was sept 15 +/- 5days. Got to hosp sept 9th, was put in my own room instead of a shared room in the prenatal ward. First set of pessaries (it looked like the thread you find in lantern, dunno the name) was inserted. Few mins later, it fell into the loo so had to have another one done. This is meant to act within 24hrs. I went on walks, climbed stairs, nothing happened. Was asked to rest 24hrs so nothing for the 10th. I was only 1cm here

Sept 11 (I didn't want this date, don't ask why) They inserted a tablet (4hrly) to ripen the cervix, still no show by the time they were going for the 3rd, I was tired and wanted to go home cos I was dying of boredom, however, due to high BP (already had bf preg so not preg induced) Dr refused me going home. The nurse who inserted the third goes well I hope this is the lucky bullet! This was abt 8ish. 9PM husb had to go home cos he can only be around between 8am-9pm. BTW, I was into essential oil and dropped a lot in my room to keep the room smelling nice and peaceful.

He left, and I showered, in fact I wanted to stay in the shower but then also needed to use the loo, which I found difficult. Had to tell the nurse and she prepared a bath with lavender oil for me. Stayed in bath for 1hr, was able to use the loo. By the time I got back to my room, I noticed I couldn't really climb the bed or find a good position to sit down, at about 12 or so, I rang the bell to get the attn of the nurses. Bf then I felt this sharp pain across my pubic region (it felt like a knife had cut me there from left to right) and I said to myself if this was labour pains those who said I can do it are lying (I've got a big threshold for pain) but I kept calm and didn't shout.

PS: I rubbed some clary sage, lavender and jasmine oil at the points I was meant to and I think it might have helped with bringing labour

Nurse was like its not 4hrs yet, they are not meant to check me, so weren't particularly bothered but checked anyway. All this while, loads of shout from women from other rooms was just irritating me but I calmed down by moving holding onto radiator and I remembered pulling so hard it almost ripped from the wall .. that's when I walked away as I didn't want to owe NHS.

I sat on the toilet and laboured that way, the breathing technique I had learnt I forgot, but the nurse was really kind, she reminded me how to breath and said it was ok to labour on the toilet cos her daughter did same.

Note: by the time they checked me, I had progressed so fast it was time to push. Both nurses were so shocked that I had to be put in the wheelchair and rushed upstairs in the lift to L&grin, my husb catching us as we were going. I said to Lorraine, I can feel the head, she goes do not push.

Next thing, we raced up, she pushes me straight into the room, I got onto the bed, facing the wall and on my knee (which the midwife was saying to we didn't let her prepare) and before we said Jack Robinson, 2 pushes or so, baby out. They were unable to listen to baby's heartbeat or anything cos it was too fast. Baby weighed 3.5, though was told would be bigger according to scan, smh. I finished and laid on my back but my legs where shaking uncontrollably for quite a while.

I didn't have an epidural (never wanted one, saw one that failed and vowed not to have one)

In all God was faithful. I didn't have any of the above but had a little tear which I had to use Gas and air for when they stitched it. Felt it all, told Dr, I know what you're doing, just kept saying it and everyone present was laffing at me.

By the time we got home, we found my labour from start to finish was 37mins from the records given to us
I was FTM and my friend had a baby previous year and she had abt 27hours of labour.

Truth is whilst people would say this is really good and all, I would say, it has its disadvantages too. It is traumatic for your HU-HA and you. It doesn't give you enough time to process things and for weeks on end, even today, I cant sit for too long or stand for too long. It gets better with time.

I know each pregnancy and labour is different and you cant prepare enough but in all, follow your gut instincts. I never read a book and you can never plan your delivery

This story was for delivery back in 2013 and I am just getting my head round thinking about another one not because of discomfort of preg cos I never had anything, but cos I dey pity my Hu-Ha! I'm sorry its really really long but hope someone can relate to it.

Anyone here who has gone through “precipitous labour" (where you give birth within 3 hours of labour), it would be nice to share your experience.

Amazing experience.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 10:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
good evening house, how una dey? so I've settled in 4 d nite. asked mumsy to prepare egusi n ugwu soup for me with eba n amala but I no fit chop am as contraction no gree me. asked d hospital for jollof rice, plantain n fish but I no still chop am so I've settled in make i sleep small. moving to d labour by 4am tomorrow n hope to get it over n done with b4 10am by God's grace.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
Enjoy this time. Waiting for your gd news. May God bless you both @omoloulah

@yesitsme thanks
@bolaalimat thanks for letting us know d update. You will be fine by Gods grace
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
I refused any other vjay examination until tomorrow morning. thanks everyone 4 d prayers. have a g8 note u all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onaswu(f): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
mooretes:
Enjoy this time. Waiting for your gd news. May God bless you both @omoloulah

@yesitsme thanks
@bolaalimat thanks for letting us know d update. You will be fine by Gods grace
Good evening ma
Got your message.
thanks so much for your concern. Thanks for the cash you sent, may God replenish your pocket, you shall not lack.
I have been trying to reach you through your Email address, but it is not going through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=Onaswu post=53571691]
Good evening ma
Got your message.

Hi so sorry wrong email
Its mooretes@yahoo.co.uk.

Uw. Pls im just a normal/ordinary person o i no b madam no vex

U can reach me by email if u want. Sorry it was wrong

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
realdentist:
I like this your BS o. But u didn't tell us what u did that made it like this o. By d way why did they make u sleep?
thk u.. I ges i hav high threshold for pain but also realised that labour pain might not b dat painful but fear intensifies d pain.
I dont kno why dey make me slp o. but it helped me alot cos it made labour relaxing for me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Monwojuoluwa(f): 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2017
niphmmy:
pls,mamas in d house, which hospital can I register in Ibadan. Around Bashorun, Bodija axis.
#teamjulyforsupernatural delivery.
you can try bamby after general gas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:07am On Feb 10, 2017
Hi Moskidarl how you doing, I see you peeping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 12:49am On Feb 10, 2017
sunbestie:
Mamas abeg make I rant small....... I went to ANC yesterday and after d palpation d midwife said dat my baby is in a transverse position naso d thing vex me and I started having a bad day all thru even at night I cludt sleep well but I have made up my mind again not to worry because I knw my God is always there for me , d only thing I knw is dat whether transverse or versetrans I don't care..... Before the delivery time he/she go position well, my God is in control of my case chikene.
*catwalks out*
worry not, baby still has time to turn

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:11am On Feb 10, 2017
Besea:
Iomoge2, wicked grin

Oya see d meat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 7:07am On Feb 10, 2017
mooretes:

He left, and I showered, in fact I wanted to stay in the shower but then also needed to use the loo, which I found difficult. Had to tell the nurse and she prepared a bath with lavender oil for me. Stayed in bath for 1hr, was able to use the loo. By the time I got back to my room, I noticed I couldn't really climb the bed or find a good position to sit down, at about 12 or so, I rang the bell to get the attn of the nurses. Bf then I felt this sharp pain across my pubic region (it felt like a knife had cut me there from left to right) and I said to myself if this was labour pains those who said I can do it are lying (I've got a high threshold for pain) but I kept calm and didn't shout.

Forgot to say: cos they couldnt hook me to lostening device, Sue said just follow what your body tells you. No assitance o! They just collected the baby when it came out and handed to me. This was the first time we would know the sex too so I told my husband 2 things
1) its a boy
2) how come he doesn't have a lot of hair! Then they passed him over to husb

I tap Into ur blessing in Jesus name amen...I tap into this quick delivery...in Jesus name amen...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 7:09am On Feb 10, 2017
omoloulah:
good evening house, how una dey? so I've settled in 4 d nite. asked mumsy to prepare egusi n ugwu soup for me with eba n amala but I no fit chop am as contraction no gree me. asked d hospital for jollof rice, plantain n fish but I no still chop am so I've settled in make i sleep small. moving to d labour by 4am tomorrow n hope to get it over n done with b4 10am by God's grace.
Waow, it will be over very soon in Jesus name amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 10, 2017
sunbestie:
*catwalks out*
My baby has engaged at 23weeks but he is turning his back ie legs and hands they inside my belle but d nyash dey infront my belle. He is head down already. Plz is it normal to be in that position? I had to rush to scan yesterday when I wasnt feeling his kicks that much. Biko is that position okay? Sonographer didnt tell me much but said I shld come back for a repeat scan much later but everything is fine.
In another note, I have a new edd 5th June according to scan yesterday. plz why this much difference? from 27-16-5th of June?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 8:55am On Feb 10, 2017
Chanbaby:

Mama pls eat more fruits like banana, apples, water melon, cucumber, pear and salad.

OK, instead of vegetable. Thank you much for the reply
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 9:09am On Feb 10, 2017
My dear mamas I am 39weeks+1day. Just been experiencing tightening on the upper and lower part of my stomach. Then I really can't lay down to sleep it's as if lo stretches and match my rib is really painful. Did a scan on Tuesday the Cmd measured the baby said he is big(3.7kg) and tall. He also said cos my water is a bit much 21cm it's not making him engage but head is down. But lately I have been feeling sudden push and pressure around my waist and pelvic region I'm sure that's my baby engaging just can't wait to meet my baby. I know God is fully in control. Pls other teamie member pray for february mamas. Remember God turned the captivity of Job when he prayed for his friends.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2017
[quote author=Dazzle86 post=53558927]@AbbynHummy

Cos your baby was not big at birth,i thought a baby below 3kg won't require episiotomy.
i dnt knw why the nurse gave me an epsiotomy o, though they said its their policy there cos an episiotomy is better than the baby giving you a tear. Though with my first baby i was not given an episiotomy but i had a tear and baby also weighed 2.5kg. Dnt really think its abt the baby, my jaijaina is naturally tight, they said there are some women dat their vagins doesnt stretch very well.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2017
May the peace of the Lord be upon this house!

Congratulations to all the mama's that have born, those in the favour room and even those that are due and anxiously waiting!
May God almighty make it easy for us all in Jesus' name .Amen!!!

Special appreciation to @ Realdentist, @ Mosi01, @ Pwettimii , for dragging me out of my auto cruise mode. Lol.

Roseey0 so sorry for your loss, the God of restoration shall surely restore, and grant ur hearts desires soonest. By this time next year we shall celebrate with you and your family in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2017
[quote author=AbbynHummy post=53579960][/quote]

In addition to what you have said episiotomy is more controlled than allowing you to tear.

Ny concern though is why do they just give it anyway? Most esp to FTM.

I've heard you can do perineal massage so that on d d-day you are not going to have as much wahala. But how far true is this?

I know someone who had a VBAC and she tore from front to back .... 4th degree tear even with the aid of birthing device.

Only God fit help

@nicoleswizzi I pray God grants u an easy and successful L n D.

@omoloulah how are u getting on? It will end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2017
[quote author=oneitalia post=53467147]Good day everyone,
Please can an expert explain to me why my wife's scan showed that there's a significant collection of fluid in posterior cul de sac? I am really concerned because she's 5 weeks pregnant and this our first . Apart from that, every other thing is fine according to the scan results.. Just a bit curious why there's fluid in there. Thank You.

its only your doctor that is in a better position to explain the meaning or implication of that result. Some years back i had a similar scan areport 'collection of fluid in pouch of douglas and conclusion,was that i had PID. Dnt really think its a problem if her cervix is closed, cos tht fluid is a sign of an infection

(1) (2) (3) ... (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.