Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8178559 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5157) (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 4:53am On Jul 27, 2019
tatacherie:

Abeg I nor dey oo na guava leaf tea put me for high jump so o. After all youre barely 3 months PP. Relax the tommy fat will reduce once you wean cheesy
Note: be mindful of what you drink o as a lactating mum cos las las na baby dey eat am from breast milk.

Mama no do this to your sister. I promise not to use it now till I wean bobo. Just tell so I can write it down for later use.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anonymous29: 6:16am On Jul 27, 2019
Awesomemama:
Good evening everyone
Team February reporting for duty
Congrats beyedew , HnH bumping to us all
Please I'm down with malaria 1+ and was given lonart today in the Hosp. Asked the doc if it's safe in pregnancy and he gave me the go ahead.
I'm still skeptical about taking the drug as I've taken one of the coartem kinda drugs earlier b4 I found out I was preggy which I'm not entirely sure is safe in pregnancy. Just don't want to repeat same again that's why I want to be extra sure
Biko don't waka pass if you have any input
Thanks in anticipation

Is lonart not Act? If you are still in your first trimester, I will say you don't use ooo. When I had malaria too in first trimester, the doc prescribed 'act' for me. I knew it wasn't safe for me. I headed straight to a pharmacist who told me it wasn't safe. He prescribed chloroquine with piriton(cos of itching) and it worked for me.
I will suggest you see a pharmacist or another doc.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2019
kinguwem:
Treatment of malaria in pregnancy depends on the gestational age and the severity of the disease. In the second and third trimesters, artemisinin combination therapy (ACTs) is used for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria (coartem, artemether, lonart tablets etc.). Quinine is used for the treatment of malaria in the first trimester and for the treatment of complicated malaria in all trimesters. Intravenous artesunate can also be used for the treatment of complicated malaria in the second and third trimesters. All pregnant women are advised to sleep under an insecticide treated bed net (INT). All pregnant women are also advised to register for antenatal care so that they can benefit from intermittent prophylactic treatment (IPT) with sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine tablets in the second and third trimesters.
CC - awesomemama and others who may need this info.

anonymous29 well done. I found this from years past (2012) when I went searching after your statement up there. I am not an expert so can't say if it's still like this or not.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 7:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Congratulations to the latest mothers in the house. Fyngal1 , lemonadewifey , amorprincesa etc. May your LOs give you peace and joy.

Fyngal1 , that your birth story of delivering in the car na correct action film o. Lol. Thank God for His mercies.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 7:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Anonymous29:

Is lonart not Act? If you are still in your first trimester, I will say you don't use ooo. When I had malaria too in first trimester, the doc prescribed 'act' for me. I knew it wasn't safe for me. I headed straight to a pharmacist who told me it wasn't safe. He prescribed chloroquine with piriton(cos of itching) and it worked for me.
I will suggest you see a pharmacist or another doc.

Exactly my fears
I'm in my first trimester
I'll go and get the chloroquine and piriton from a reputable pharmacy.
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2019
Gloriousheart:

anonymous29 well done. I found this from years past (2012) when I went searching after your statement up there. I am not an expert so can't say if it's still like this or not.

Thanks so much for this

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anonymous29: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Gloriousheart:

Thanks mama... It is still like that.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anonymous29: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Awesomemama:

Exactly my fears
I'm in my first trimester
I'll go and get the chloroquine and piriton from a reputable pharmacy.
Thanks

Get well soon mama. Do use a pharmacy with a pharmacist on ground, so you can ask questions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2019
Awesomemama:
Good evening everyone
Congrats bey.edew , HnH bumping to us all
Please I'm down with malaria 1+ and was given lonart today in the Hosp. Asked the doc if it's safe in pregnancy and he gave me the go ahead.
I'm still skeptical about taking the drug as I've taken one of the coartem kinda drugs earlier b4 I found out I was preggy which I'm not entirely sure is safe in pregnancy. Just don't want to repeat same again that's why I want to be extra sure
Thanks in anticipation
Coartem is safe, I don't know about Lonart though.
Thank you teamie, happy bumping too.
Nurse Kaffy4bill, please help out if you can.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SuperAngel0709: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
OK ma, thanks so much

rvpbae:

Just follow your baby cues and do what is convenient for you both. Mixed feeding isn't bad, just make sure hygiene levels are optimum.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
BS
Its a lengthy one...
I'm a FTM.

I was 40 weeks and 5 days and labour was not forth coming so the doctor during my last antenatal visit asked me to come for induction in a week time if I don't fall into labour.

2 days to my induction date, I did a long walk and really danced, at about 2am the next morning, I felt contractions and at about 4am, I felt my mucus plug fall out. I called my BIL who is a doctor and he asked me to time the contraction and go to the hospital when it gets closer.

After about 2 hours, I felt the contraction to be 15 mins apart and he adviced I get going. When I got to the hospital, I was immediately admitted to the labour ward and my dialation was checked, my cervix was still closed.
The doctor adviced I shouldn't head back home anymore since I'm already due for induction the next day so I got admitted in the pre-natal ward.

That same night, at about 11:30pm, I was induced, and almost immediately the contraction I was feeling became really really strong, I almost couldn't walk back to my ward...I laboured all through the night in severe pains.
The next morning,my water broke and i was transfered to the labour ward, I was checked and was at 4cm.

The doctor said he was going to hasten up the labour and he gave me a drip (oxytocin) and also did a membrane sweep.
That was when the real pains started.
I was having contractions every 5 mins and it felt really painful...

After about 6 hours I was checked and I had dialated to 5cm...the midwife even made a comment that I maybe transfered to the theater for emergency CS if I don't make progress that was when I decided to call on my God.

I was given another oxytocin(drip) and the pain I was feeling tripled and contractions was now coming every 3 mins. With each contractions I was just speaking in different tongues crying and praying that don't wasn't a CS after passing through all these pains.

About an hour later, the midwife checked me and was glad i had made progress to 7cm.
In about 10 mins I felt an urge to poo and I started shouting that I want to poo-poo.
They immediately prepared the labour room, transfered me and asked me to push.

I pushed and pushed and it was so tough but the midwife kept saying I was making progress and that gave me the encouragement to do more...at some point, I was even begging her for a tear lol.

My prince charming came out after about 10 pushes screaming his lungs out and a cord around his neck weighing 3.5kg looking exactly like me.
He gave me massive tears which is still healing.
Immediately I held him in my arms, I forgot all the pains and sufferings.

Its an experience I would never trade for anything and I thank God for blessing me with this gift.

#BirthStorySubmitted#

70 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
Excesslove222:
BS
Its a lengthy one...
I'm a FTM.

I was 40 weeks and 5 days and labour was not forth coming so the doctor during my last antenatal visit asked me to come for induction in a week time if I don't fall into labour.

2 days to my induction date, I did a long walk and really danced, at about 2am the next morning, I felt contractions and at about 4am, I felt my mucus plug fall out. I called my BIL who is a doctor and he asked me to time the contraction and go to the hospital when it gets closer.

After about 2 hours, I felt the contraction to be 15 mins apart and he adviced I get going. When I got to the hospital, I was immediately admitted to the labour ward and my dialation was checked, my cervix was still closed.
The doctor adviced I shouldn't head back home anymore since I'm already due for induction the next day so I got admitted in the pre-natal ward.

That same night, at about 11:30pm, I was induced, and almost immediately the contraction I was feeling became really really strong, I almost couldn't walk back to my ward...I laboured all through the night in severe pains.
The next morning,my water broke and i was transfered to the labour ward, I was checked and was at 4cm.

The doctor said he was going to hasten up the labour and he gave me a drip (oxytocin) and also did a membrane sweep.
That was when the real pains started.
I was having contractions every 5 mins and it felt really painful...

After about 6 hours I was checked and I had dialated to 5cm...the midwife even made a comment that I maybe transfered to the theater for emergency CS if I don't make progress that was when I decided to call on my God.

I was given another oxytocin(drip) and the pain I was feeling tripled and contractions was now coming every 3 mins. With each contractions I was just speaking in different tongues crying and praying that don't wasn't a CS after passing through all these pains.

About an hour later, the midwife checked me and was glad i had made progress to 7cm.
In about 10 mins I felt an urge to poo and I started shouting that I want to poo-poo.
They immediately prepared the labour room, transfered me and asked me to push.

I pushed and pushed and it was so tough but the midwife kept saying I was making progress and that gave me the encouragement to do more...at some point, I was even begging her for a tear lol.

My prince charming came out after about 10 pushes screaming his lungs out and a cord around his neck weighing 3.5kg looking exactly like me.
He gave me massive tears which is still healing.
Immediately I held him in my arms, I forgot all the pains and sufferings.

Its an experience I would never trade for anything and I thank God for blessing me with this gift.

#BirthStorySubmitted#

Congratulations mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missyblissy: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
Congratulations to mamas who just put to bed oooo. Welcome to Vigilante Ministry. Back to back bs!!!! God do it for othet mamas too amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmazingGod: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
Congrats to all latest mom in the house

I am a FTM,i was discharged from the hospital yesterday after receiving treatment for malaria and excess vomiting.During my stay i was giving artemeter inj,promethazine,pcm inj,pcm tab and some drips.

PCM tab is part of the drugs given to me while leaving d hospital yesterday,is it safe for me to take it 3times daily as prescribed cos i am feeling serious headache as i type?

I am 10weeks gone.pls help a sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloryne(f): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Congrats to you Excesslove222 ..God is indeed wonderful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
amorprincesa:
BA! BA!

I give all glory to God! My princess arrived this morning around 8am after 3hours of bum bum labour. grin Her older sister keep wanting to carry her.
Cc: Cappo motic2, Cappo habbeyoluwa
Congrats Ma, My God bless and keep her..Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
Wow congrats Nurse Kaffy, He shall bring joy into ur household... and wish u quick recovery
Amen
kaffy4bill:
I am so sorry for the silence and thanks to everybody that checked on me..

I was down for a while but much better now..

Delivered my boy on the 21st of July.

Still at the hospital..

I will share bs later.

Please bear with me for not answering mentions..

One love always
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
BA BA BA.
To the glory of God, my baby girl arrived today @ 3:05pm weighing 3.4kg. Thanks to all the mama's that said I should go to the hospital. I really appreciate all your responses and love.
Bless God for his mercy and welcome beautiful princess

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
[aquote author=Fyngal1 post=80575280]B.A! B.A!

Halleluyah! Team july! It has happened for me. Brought forth my princess last night at 7:15pm..... (Inside her father's car shocked shocked wink) details coming soon.

Cc cappo habbeyoluwa[/quote] Congrats Ma, She shall be source of happiness to ur family... Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Excesslove222:
BA
I said I would tell my story here if he grants me a safe delivery.
I put to bed a bouncing baby boy by 4pm this afternoon, with maximum tears, induction and oxytocin drip.
In all God is forever faithful and he will forever be God.
Expect my BS once I'm a bit stronger.
All thanks to him alone... God bless you and ur baby... Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2019
Fyngal1,
Nne, you are the real MVP... I can imagine the shock on your hubby's face when he heard the cry of his baby. I didn't see any picture cry cry, but I know she is beautiful kiss. Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Clara86(f): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2019
Excesslove222:
BA
I said I would tell my story here if he grants me a safe delivery.
I put to bed a bouncing baby boy by 4pm this afternoon, with maximum tears, induction and oxytocin drip.
In all God is forever faithful and he will forever be God.
Expect my BS once I'm a bit stronger.

CONGRATS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/2213

Join us on the newborn thread for MHC.
MHC simply means Mama's Helping Corner.
A monthly giveaway/sales /advert that mamas from pregnancy, ttc and newborn threads host.
There's something for a baby born if you've got fast fingers.

See you at 4pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Pls can i take oranges at 15 weeks? I was told that orange is not so good in pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Redberyl:
Pls can i take oranges at 15 weeks? I was told that orange is not so good in pregnancy.

Mama, take orange, its good for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
angeltolly:

Mama, take orange, its good for you.
Thanks a lot. And I hv been depriving myself of it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asasteve(f): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
Awesomemama:
Good evening everyone
Congrats beyedew , HnH bumping to us all
Thanks in anticipation
Same here dear, team February.
I had the same 1+ of malaria, always having headache and cold. My Doctor gave me lonart and he says is safe for me. I've been taking it and is remaining just 2.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by naylor(f): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Good evening mamas, please will like to know if banga soup is safe in pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Anonymous29:

Get well soon mama. Do use a pharmacy with a pharmacist on ground, so you can ask questions.

Okay, thanks
Not been able to get the drug, seems it's not so popular around but still on the look out
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
beyedew:

Coartem is safe, I don't know about Lonart though.
Thank you teamie, happy bumping too.
Nurse Kaffy4bill, please help out if you can.

Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 8:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
Asasteve:

Same here dear, team February.
I had the same 1+ of malaria, always having headache and cold. My Doctor gave me lonart and he says is safe for me. I've been taking it and is remaining just 2.

Hope you feel better now teamie

(1) (2) (3) ... (5157) (5158) (5159) (5160) (5161) (5162) (5163) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.