Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125637 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5343) (5344) (5345) (5346) (5347) (5348) (5349) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Queen1(f): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good day mamas team January how market? please I need a used cloth drying rack and mobile wardrobe in jos. can't afford new ones right now that why. if any mama has any of this items for sale please let me know. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olabrinks(f): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2019
Me that I love my makeup too much, let’s see how I will be after I give birth grin I don’t think I will let go of my shakara lol.
angeltolly:
tongue tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
delaveres:
Morning Fam,

Please, i need your view on this. Most times when i brush my teeth and proceed to wash my tongue, i get this serious urge to vomit, and it's always so strong that i end up vomiting. I've stopped washing my tongue too deep, but even at that, its still the same. Is this normal?

Try to brush before you eat. And then when brushing your tongue, puff your tongue up so your gag reflex doesn’t kick in
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2019
Iamfruitful:

Lost it.

My heart goes out to you mama. I’m sure God is packaging double for the loss. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
Sneak in.... grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2019
Iamfruitful:

Lost it.
Be strong dear. May God grant you double blessings soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
Joyfulmama:

Madam, you are so wonderful. Thank you so much for your time. God bless you and yours ma
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moaba(f): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
You'll get double for your trouble Sis.
Iamfruitful:

Lost it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good evening beautiful Mamas in the house, please I have a question. Am 7weeks now since i put to birth thru Emergency CS... Abeg my sabi mamas how can I work on my tummy is too big, will it ever go down? People think am still pregnant and I feel so uncomfortable. Please any suggestions will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Safe delivery to all the pregnant women, you all shall deliver like the Hebrew women. And may God protect those that has birthed their LO. Almighty God shall bless and keep them always ..Amen

BS coming soon please

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by alexintech(f): 2:31am On Nov 30, 2019
Dudugirl01:
Wow, I love this thread, I'm actually in my 35th week and I must confess, I can't wait to meet this little person that has been kicking and punching me! No complications whatsoever, just that nowadays, I find it very difficult to get out of bed, I sleep till late in the morning and I find myself waking up @ odd times in the night feeling so hungry, in all, I'm grateful, I just can't wait to have my little one in my hands though he/she won't show sex when I went for a scan which has made clothes shopping very difficult, I just had to with unisex clothes, I'm excited all the same!
All You Need to Know About First Time Pregnancy

Getting pregnant for the first time comes with a whole lot of emotions and feelings; such as excitement, fear, joy, ecstasy, amongst others. But trust me, expecting a baby is actually the most beautiful feeling! Ever!
...Continues
https://health.ondovoice.com/when-do-you-start-showing/
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2019
CreamyBee:
Good evening beautiful Mamas in the house, please I have a question. Am 7weeks now since i put to birth thru Emergency CS... Abeg my sabi mamas how can I work on my tummy is too big, will it ever go down? People think am still pregnant and I feel so uncomfortable. Please any suggestions will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Safe delivery to all the pregnant women, you all shall deliver like the Hebrew women. And may God protect those that has birthed their LO. Almighty God shall bless and keep them always ..Amen

BS coming soon please

Congrats on the birth of your LO mama. Please don’t let anyone stress you over your tummy, 7 weeks is a tad too early to be worried about that. It took your tummy 9 months to get big while growing your baby, they should expect it to take that long to return to status quo; not saying it will take 9 months though cheesy

I hear post partum belt helps, not waist trainer oh. What helped me however, was ginger tea. I was taking it religiously cos I noticed it was helping with milk production and I was back to prepregnacy weight 4 months post partum (this one pained me cos I lost the new bumbum pregnancy gave me grin ). My sister who came for omugwo also made sure I took all those omugwo meals three times daily.

You can also get aju mbaise from @Liftedhands. I got from her but ended up not using it cos I noticed I was already losing weight drastically.

All the best mama but please, don’t let anyone make you start thinking. You housed a whole human being for 9 months

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pateffy: 6:38am On Nov 30, 2019
Iamfruitful:

Lost it.

Very soon you will come n testify and there will be no more loss ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedmum11: 6:47am On Nov 30, 2019
Birth alert/BS

My beautiful princess arrived on the 21st at 3:07am weighing 8 pounds.
Shortly after i posted about my fear and frustration of hitting the 40 weeks mark yet no labour sign, my contractions started hours after at about say 3pm that same day . I noticed bloody discharge more like spotting so i rushed to wear my disposable pant/pad, showered and cleaned up and packed my bag for essentials and toiletries. Thereafter i laid on the bed and started timing, when it was about 8 minutes apart i headed for the hospital because the hospital is about an hour away. Got to the hospital and was checked,dilation was measured as 4cm as at around 7:30pm. I was admitted and sent to labour and delivery unit, at about 9pm or so i was checked again and still measured 4cm all this while with unbearable contraction pains. At about past 10pm I begged to be checked again but progress was little just btw 4 and 5cm. I requested for epidural which is the greatest regret of my life, my spine was poked at severally and at one point i felt a shocking sensation my right side despite maintaining the arch position and still enduring contractions. I let out a scream and told the anaestician i was no longer interested, he then paged for his other colleague who i guess was his superior she came in and calmed me down and took over and in just one attempt she got it right. i immediately requested the nurse in the room with me that i only want doctors attending to me because the dilation checks and all were by midwives as i had seen no doctor at all.

I dont know if it's the epidural or not but baby became distressed as her heart rate started dropping a team of doctors about 5 rushed into the room broke my water immediately and saw meconium in the water. Dilation was checked again yet no progress and baby was becoming more and more distressed.

At about 3am of the 21st , eventually the head doctor convinced me to get a CS done asap instead of induction cos induction would further cos baby's heart rate to decline with more intense contractions. That she prefers to hand me over a healthy baby than a lifeless one. Theatre was prepared immediately and i was wheeled into the theatre for surgery, another anestesia was administered to numb my lower part and baby was brought out.
She didnt cry at first but after alll they did she let out a cry and she was rushed for further checks and treatment, they sucked out the contents in her stomach and all she swallowed and monitored her in the nursery for hours.
In all i thank God it ended in praise even though it wasn't as i expected however i have a healthy beautiful calm girl to call my own and that's all that maters.

Cappo jeniluv, BS submitted and i am wishing all mumies a safe delivery.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=jennann post=84470756][/quote]
Maybe that's the reason the Dr is saying the decision is hers. I don't know if she's seeing gastroenterologist. She only confide in me with this because she is confused.. Thanks for your time ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2019
olabrinks:
Me that I love my makeup too much, let’s see how I will be after I give birth grin I don’t think I will let go of my shakara lol.
Same here o. Even with my swollen face and big nose, I still makeup. Baby will have his stuff in his diaper bag and I will have my makeup in my bag. Simple. Na motor go dey carry am shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joyfulmama: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Shortly after i posted about my fear and frustration of hitting the 40 weeks mark yet no labour sign, my contractions started hours after at about say 3pm that same day . I noticed bloody discharge more like spotting so i rushed to wear my disposable pant/pad, showered and cleaned up and packed my bag for essentials and toiletries. Thereafter i laid on the bed and started timing, when it was about 8 minutes apart i headed for the hospital because the hospital is about an hour away. Got to the hospital and was checked,dilation was measured as 4cm as at around 7:30pm. I was admitted and sent to labour and delivery unit, at about 9pm or so i was checked again and still measured 4cm all this while with unbearable contraction pains. At about past 10pm I begged to be checked again but progress was little just btw 4 and 5cm. I requested for epidural which is the greatest regret of my life, my spine was poked at severally and at one point i felt a shocking sensation my right side despite maintaining the arch position and still enduring contractions. I let out a scream and told the anaestician i was no longer interested, he then paged for his other colleague who i guess was his superior she came in and calmed me down and took over and in just one attempt she got it right. i immediately requested the nurse in the room with me that i only want doctors attending to me because the dilation checks and all were by midwives as i had seen no doctor at all.

I dont know if it's the epidural or not but baby became distressed as her heart rate started dropping a team of doctors about 5 rushed into the room broke my water immediately and saw meconium in the water. Dilation was checked again yet no progress and baby was becoming more and more distressed.

At about 3am of the 21st , eventually the head doctor convinced me to get a CS done asap instead of induction cos induction would further cos baby's heart rate to decline with more intense contractions. That she prefers to hand me over a healthy baby than a lifeless one. Theatre was prepared immediately and i was wheeled into the theatre for surgery, another anestesia was administered to numb my lower part and baby was brought out.
She didnt cry at first but after alll they did she let out a cry and she was rushed to NICU for further checks and treatment, they sucked out the contents in her stomach and all she swallowed and monitored her in the nursery for hours.
In all i thank God it ended in praise even though it wasn't as i expected however i have a healthy beautiful calm girl to call my own and that's all that maters.

Congratulations ma'am. Thank God it ended in praise to the glory of God. Wishing you quick recovery. God protect your LO

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rache404: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2019
Congratulations Mama. Thank God for safe delivery
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovecherish: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

She didnt cry at first but after alll they did she let out a cry and she was rushed to NICU for further checks and treatment, they sucked out the contents in her stomach and all she swallowed and monitored her in the nursery for hours.

congratulations ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Congrats. May she continue to bring happiness to your family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asasteve(f): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Congrats ma, baby you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Chimzy09:

I hear post partum belt helps, not waist trainer oh. What helped me however, was ginger tea. I was taking it religiously cos I noticed it was

Pls can you upload a picture of the ginger tea.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrsDot(f): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jeniluv(f): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

.......And it ended in praises defeating every of the enemies plans....Am so happy for you my very first teamie on board...Thank God for victory at last!God bless and keep you and yours....

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 2:36pm On Nov 30, 2019
Chimzy09:

Congrats on the birth of your LO mama. Please don’t let anyone stress you over your tummy, 7 weeks is a tad too early to be worried about that. It took your tummy 9 months to get big while growing your baby, they should expect it to take that long to return to status quo; not saying it will take 9 months though cheesy

I hear post partum belt helps, not waist trainer oh. What helped me however, was ginger tea. I was taking it religiously cos I noticed it was helping with milk production and I was back to prepregnacy weight 4 months post partum (this one pained me cos I lost the new bumbum pregnancy gave me grin ). My sister who came for omugwo also made sure I took all those omugwo meals three times daily.

You can also get aju mbaise from @Liftedhands. I got from her but ended up not using it cos I noticed I was already losing weight drastically.

All the best mama but please, don’t let anyone make you start thinking. You housed a whole human being for 9 months
Thanks so much Ma. Please what is aju mbaise?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
rvpbae:

Pls can you upload a picture of the ginger tea.

Dont take more than 3 times in a day though. I used to take a sachet maybe at night or in the morning. Some days, one sachet morning and another at night.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CreamyBee: 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
Congratulations Ma, May God bless and protect ur princess
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2019
CreamyBee:
Thanks so much Ma. Please what is aju mbaise?

Mama Liftedhands where are you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chimzy09(f): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Many many congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
blessedmum11:
Birth alert/BS

Shortly after i posted about my fear and frustration of hitting the 40 weeks mark yet no labour sign, my contractions started
Congratulations! I enjoyed and learnt from your birth story. Baby shall bring you joy always.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cedarlivia(f): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
Birth aleeerrrtt!
To the glory of God Almighty my princess arrived by 7.35am today via elective c section weighing 4.1kg.
Cc Jazzyjazz

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedmum11: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2019
Thank you all mamas.

My baby is lucky to be alive. I cried several times when she took all the antibiotics shots/injections for days before we were cleared and discharged.

From my experience after enduring painful contraction pains and it ending in emergency CS i would have just opted for elective CS.

I think experienced mama should throw more light on the effect of epidural, and at what point it should be administered?? A family member insisted I should have been 7cm to 8cm dilated before given , how true is this cos the dr insisted it has no effect however when it was adminstered ??

Please above all mamas pray and pray and pray always.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5343) (5344) (5345) (5346) (5347) (5348) (5349) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: steep865 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.