Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8139970 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5371) (5372) (5373) (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2019
beyedew:

I will advise you not to go, the journey will be stressful for you and the new bun, try and explain to your hubs about it. Also cos of poking eyes, I sincerely will advice you stay back. Village no dey run go anywhere.
Sis am with on this, especially with the festive period cooking and all, most people will want to see how strong and hardworking new wife is and not all will understand her reasons for not doing much.

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Pweetiebabe:
Sis am with on this, especially with the festive period cooking and all, most people will want to see how strong and hardworking new wife is and not all will understand her reasons for not doing much.
exactly,my point... People will be expecting her to show them what she has got as new wife... And won't understand that she is not so strong to do that... They might instead see her as lazy.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2019
Thanks all for ur responses, I really appreciate.

I have spoken to him and he insisted I go as he can't be away from me for two weeks cry. He promised not to allow anyone stress me and we go with a small gas stove so I can cook what I would like to eat in case the food they cook doesn't go down with me.

I pray before the D-day he changes his mind cos I'm not so cool with it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Simsimz(f): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
Pweetiebabe:
exactly.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2019
chiefboomite204:
pls mama's I need your prayer at this times ... yesterday at about 1:28 am I noticed blood was gushing out of my body, I was rushed down to the hospital. .. I am 26 weeks along.... then from the conclusion they said i have cervical incompetence... that what was left was for the water to burst... actually the bleeding has stopped since yesterday morning. .. I am been referred to UBTH... pls do anyone know if there is chance of my baby been save... I am in the Labour room since yesterday monitoring the heartbeat of the baby..
note.. pls I need your prayer at this time actually I don't have any pain for now.. any person that had experienced this and the progress... I just need word of encouragement now...
Maama! How are you doing? Just thought of you and felt I should say hiiii...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chiefboomite204(f): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Y
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
chiefboomite204:

Thanks mama... Honestly I am passing through a lot of terrible moments...

It is well with you and I'm sure other mama's are praying for you as I am. God will see you through and you'll have a good training eventually, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
FloraEC:
Thanks mama
you are welcome ma'am, regards to the family.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
Nimi22:
B.A B.A
Ds show face this morning around 6:30am inside car on the way to hospital. God took charge and we are already home. December mamas 'happy borning' to everyone remaining.

Watch out for BS
jazzy. jaz I don drop BA remaining BS
congratulations mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2019
vinoj0225:

It is well with you and I'm sure other mama's are praying for you as I am. God will see you through and you'll have a good training eventually, Amen

I can totally relate cos I have been there... You are still in my prayers. Be of good spirits so you can pull through cos las las it's going to end in praise...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ayaoye:

undecided are you saying it's not okay for her mum to give her advice/interfer in matters in her marriage but it's okay for we (total strangers/judgenians) to interfer? grin grin grin grin
She said her mum isn't okay with it but it will break her DH's heart. Meaning she already decided to take her mum's advice against her dh's. It's opinion and nothing else. So left for she and her dh to decide and no one else

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olabrinks(f): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
Sometimes even if you cook finish and clean they will still call you lazy. It happened to me na, upon all my hard work and sweating Lool. You can’t just please everybody no matter what you Do na. She can try as she should, but she can’t kill herself. If she is really too ill she should stay at home and hubby will explain to the inlaws. She’s not flying anywhere
Mzora:
exactly,my point... People will be expecting her to show them what she has got as new wife... And won't understand that she is not so strong to do that... They might instead see her as lazy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2019
ijeije123:
Thanks all for ur responses, I really appreciate.

I have spoken to him and he insisted I go as he can't be away from me for two weeks cry. He promised not to allow anyone stress me and we go with a small gas stove so I can cook what I would like to eat in case the food they cook doesn't go down with me.

I pray before the D-day he changes his mind cos I'm not so cool with it.
At this point, you have to see a doctor. They will prescribe a drug you can take that will calm you for the journey. I can't remember the name of the drug, but I have once used it. It will make you sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nahzyla: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
Chimzy09:

3,500 - 4,000
Not gone there this pregnancy cos of the distance.
OK, thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
Team December mamas make una answer roll call na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2019
jazzyjazz:
Rollcall for Team December

If you have any complaints please make sure you see your doctor.

May we all carry to term and deliver safely.

December mamas already dropping it like its hot!!!

Iomoge2 - Dec 1st (GIRL) - Ported to November 8 Congratulations mama
jazzyjazz - Dec 14th/16th (BOY) - Ported to November 16
Nimi22 - Dec 20th - Delivered December 14 Congratulations mama
Dharyor1234 (Our january mama, how far?)
Lmay - Dec 3rd (BOY)
Brokewaist - December 14th - Ported to November 27th
Prettyuche - Dec 30th (Twins BOY and GIRL) Delivered December 12. Congratulations mama. Welcome to our twins
Rhukkie - Dec 26th (BOY)
Anonymous29 - Dec 10th
Simsimz - Dec 20th
Cerdarlivia - Dec 8 - ported to November 30. Congratulations mama
Soniabrenda2 - Dec 31st (BOY)

Please mamas let's respond to the roll call so we know how you're doing.

Please share your birth story and birth announcement so other mamas can rejoice with you.

May God make it easy for those left to deliver.
#Teamdecemberforsupernaturaldelivery
#Sexiestmamasinurneigbourhood
#chirstmasbabies

Present Cappo
Still bumping gracefully
Hope baby is doing great?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenfav(f): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2019
Good morning mamas. Something sad happened and I felt we all may learn from it. The guy who handles electrical jobs for us just lost his wife during childbirth. The baby survived.He is in police custody as we speak because the wife's family are saying he killed their daughter. Their marriage is less than two years old and the late lady is not up to 30 years.

It's being said that she has earlier been diagnosed of multiple uterine fibroids. The doctor advised an Elective CS be done, that any attempt at going into labor and vagina birth may further complicate things.

Her dear husband said no to the CS. In his words "My mother gave birth normally, my wife must do same". That's how this lady stayed till she fell into labour at 38 weeks.She wasn't even taken to the hospital where she registered for antenatal, he took her to a prayer house to deliver. He said many women testify on Sunday in church of how they came to church when they were in labour for long and baby came out easily while in the church.

That's how the women there (who are not even local midwives) were trying to force her to push. It wasn't long before she started bleeding badly. It was when they saw that she was dieing, that they rushed her to hospital. Then it was already too late,the young lady died on her way to hospital. The same CS they rejected was what was done to bring out the child because they could still detect a heartbeat.

All this was happening and the man didn't call any of the wife's family to let them know. The call he made was to tell them about how their child or sister is in d mortuary. The lady's brother's used police to go pick him up after serious beating.

I am still so pissed because in my opinion, the lady killed herself. As a human being and one in a delicate condition as pregnancy, you have to choose you. Even if that's how the marriage will scatter, so be it.

A doctor had already told u the risks involved with normal delivery based on the medical issues u have, yet she allowed a mere man in the name of husband use her life to gamble. The same man that will marry a fresh and finer woman after one year or less if anything happens to you?

Why I am bringing this here is so that we can all draw sense from it. It's your life, your body, your pregnancy. Don't allow love blind our common sense or allow wedding ring and Mrs title remove our individuality. Men are very good at choosing themselves, we should do same especially when it concerns your health in pregnancy . If anything happens (God forbid) you will bear the pains. Every pregnancy is to be cherished. Don't use your life and your unborn child to gamble. If you are not ok with anything, stand your ground. Don't keep delicate issues away from your family. Na here u jam the man, your family remains your family. If a man is having the same stance as the dead lady's husband, call a family meeting and let your people know. If he doesn't pay the medical bills, your family and friends can pay. In all, your life is more important. Nobody dies and is buried with their husband or wife. We came to this world alone nd will leave alone.
That lady would have been alive today if she insisted on CS like her doctor advised. Her husband will be released from cell, after 3-5 months, he would have gotten another babe. That's if he can wait that long. Wheras someone allowed herself to be killed because she wanted to obey her husband. What story would they tell that innocent child tomoro? Because I trust the lady's family to let thr child know the fathers part in the mothers untimely death!
Am not saying don't obey your husbands, but let's apply wisdom to being married. Think about your parents who have labored over you before you got married, think about your life and all you are yet to achieve. Mrs title is just a small part of life. Don't allow the zeal to stay married by all means make you docile to the point where a man will be the one telling u to do things that are not going to be ok for your health or things that are against doctors instructions.
I have seen women having sezzz 3 weeks after delivery, when doctors advise u wait 6 weeks. Why? To please their husband. Some take in 4 months after delivery because oga told them not to do family planning, and they relaxed. In the end, you the woman will suffer the consequences. Let's all be wise and choose ourselves and well being in times when it's necessary. I am so angry because the lady that died is someone I know. Maybe her crime in life was loving a man too much to the point of blind submission! Not all the times your husband will mean well for you. It may be out of ignorance as to the severity of the issue, that's when u let him know what's at stake and insist on doing the right thing. If he disagrees, pack a few things and go to your parents house till you are OK. It's better than saying "yes sir, yes my husband" to everything, until you say yes to what will lead you to early death all because you want to please your husband.

67 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2019
queenfav well said sis...Infact I think people need to be well educated on how CS is not a taboo, I ve seen so many women loss their lives or babies cos they refuse CS,...I love my and respect my husband but when it comes to my health issues oga self know I can be so stubborn...May the lady soul RIP and may God keep and protect the new baby

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenfav(f): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2019
Pweetiebabe:
queenfav well said sis...Infact I think people need to be well educated on how CS is not a taboo, I ve seen so many women loss their lives or babies cos they refuse CS,...I love my and respect my husband but when it comes to my health issues oga self know I can be so stubborn...May the lady soul RIP and may God keep and protect the new baby
Amen o.. If u know how this thing is annoying me eh. That's a death that could have been averted. The useless man is there crying. I just pray someone learns from this.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 9:33am On Dec 16, 2019
queenfav:
Good morning mamas. Something sad happened and I felt we all may learn from it. The guy who handles electrical jobs for us just lost his wife during childbirth. The baby survived.He is in police custody as we speak because the wife's family are saying he killed their daughter. Their marriage is less than two years old and the late lady is not up to 30 years.

It's being said that she has earlier been diagnosed of multiple uterine fibroids. The doctor advised an Elective CS be done, that any attempt at going into labor and vagina birth may further complicate things.

Her dear husband said no to the CS. In his words "My mother gave birth normally, my wife must do same". That's how this lady stayed till she fell into labour at 38 weeks.She wasn't even taken to the hospital where she registered for antenatal, he took her to a prayer house to deliver. He said many women testify on Sunday in church of how they came to church when they were in labour for long and baby came out easily while in the church.

That's how the women there (who are not even local midwives) were trying to force her to push. It wasn't long before she started bleeding badly. It was when they saw that she was dieing, that they rushed her to hospital. Then it was already too late,the young lady died on her way to hospital. The same CS they rejected was what was done to bring out the child because they could still detect a heartbeat.

All this was happening and the man didn't call any of the wife's family to let them know. The call he made was to tell them about how their child or sister is in d mortuary. The lady's brother's used police to go pick him up after serious beating.

I am still so pissed because in my opinion, the lady killed herself. As a human being and one in a delicate condition as pregnancy, you have to choose you. Even if that's how the marriage will scatter, so be it.

A doctor had already told u the risks involved with normal delivery based on the medical issues u have, yet she allowed a mere man in the name of husband use her life to gamble. The same man that will marry a fresh and finer woman after one year or less if anything happens to you?

Why I am bringing this here is so that we can all draw sense from it. It's your life, your body, your pregnancy. Don't allow love blind our common sense or allow wedding ring and Mrs title remove our individuality. Men are very good at choosing themselves, we should do same especially when it concerns your health in pregnancy . If anything happens (God forbid) you will bear the pains. Every pregnancy is to be cherished. Don't use your life and your unborn child to gamble. If you are not ok with anything, stand your ground. Don't keep delicate issues away from your family. Na here u jam the man, your family remains your family. If a man is having the same stance as the dead lady's husband, call a family meeting and let your people know. If he doesn't pay the medical bills, your family and friends can pay. In all, your life is more important. Nobody dies and is buried with their husband or wife. We came to this world alone nd will leave alone.
That lady would have been alive today if she insisted on CS like her doctor advised. Her husband will be released from cell, after 3-5 months, he would have gotten another babe. That's if he can wait that long. Wheras someone allowed herself to be killed because she wanted to obey her husband. What story would they tell that innocent child tomoro? Because I trust the lady's family to let thr child know the fathers part in the mothers untimely death!
Am not saying don't obey your husbands, but let's apply wisdom to being married. Think about your parents who have labored over you before you got married, think about your life and all you are yet to achieve. Mrs title is just a small part of life. Don't allow the zeal to stay married by all means make you docile to the point where a man will be the one telling u to do things that are not going to be ok for your health or things that are against doctors instructions.
I have seen women having sezzz 3 weeks after delivery, when doctors advise u wait 6 weeks. Why? To please their husband. Some take in 4 months after delivery because oga told them not to do family planning, and they relaxed. In the end, you the woman will suffer the consequences. Let's all be wise and choose ourselves and well being in times when it's necessary. I am so angry because the lady that died is someone I know. Maybe her crime in life was loving a man too much to the point of blind submission! Not all the times your husband will mean well for you. It may be out of ignorance as to the severity of the issue, that's when u let him know what's at stake and insist on doing the right thing. If he disagrees, pack a few things and go to your parents house till you are OK. It's better than saying "yes sir, yes my husband" to everything, until you say yes to what will lead you to early death all because you want to please your husband.

Thank Ma'am for sharing. I really learnt a lot from the story.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amorprincesa24: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2019
Congratulations
FloraEC:
Officially signing in.....
EDD according to scan 08/08/2020
5wks 3days
Singleton
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by delaveres(f): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2019
Good Morning Mamas. Hope we are all doing great.

I'm a bit confused at the moment. According to my LMP, my due date should be 3rd of july, and from the calculation, i should be 11 weeks gone.
But, i did a scan few days ago and my EDD was written as 12th of May. How accurate is this please and is the margin always this wide?
I really want to claim the earlier one, but need to be sure before i start putting my mind to it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:09am On Dec 16, 2019
Queenfav valid points you raised.

I wish women will try and keep a bit of their senses in marriage.

This matter has been treated her several times and i remember a mama here signing her consent form herself when her dh refused her cs. She's borrowed her self brains cos las las after a women dies max the man will mourn is 6months to 1 year! And people will encourage him self to remarry quickly for the sake of the children. Whereas a women will be expected to mourn for the rest of her life even with all the challenges that the man family will still throw at her.

The world is not fair to women and we shouldn't make it harder for ourselves also.

I feel for her family and the baby that will never know his mother.

Cs is not Egyptian woman delivery nor of the devil. God gave man such knowledge so that he can better his life. Don't let some misguided men of God mislead you.

Whichever way a baby comes outs so long as you are alive and baby is alive nothing surpasses that testimony.

If it's money for the cs i encourage women to start saving for cs once you know you are expecting.

It's not wishing yourself bad, it's for incase of incasity.

If you birth vagina then you can use the money saved to shop more for your baby or throw a massive naming and dedication biko lolz.

Bible said faith without work is dead. So as we pray for safe delivery let's also do what we can to help ourselves.

May her soul rest in peace and may God comfort her family and keep the child safe.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenfav(f): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2019
Liftedhands:
Queenfav valid points you raised.

I wish women will try and keep a bit of their senses in marriage.

This matter has been treated her several times and i remember a mama here signing her consent form herself when her dh refused her cs. She's borrowed her self brains cos las las after a women dies max the man will mourn is 6months to 1 year! And people will encourage him self to remarry quickly for the sake of the children. Whereas a women will be expected to mourn for the rest of her life even with all the challenges that the man family will still throw at her.

The world is not fair to women and we shouldn't make it harder for ourselves also.

I feel for her family and the baby that will never know his mother.

Cs is not Egyptian woman delivery nor of the devil. God gave man such knowledge so that he can better his life. Don't let some misguided men of God mislead you.

Whichever way a baby comes outs so long as you are alive and baby is alive nothing surpasses that testimony.

If it's money for the cs i encourage women to start saving for cs once you know you are expecting.

It's not wishing yourself bad, it's for incase of incasity.

If you birth vagina then you can use the money saved to shop more for your baby or throw a massive naming and dedication biko lolz.

Bible said faith without work is dead. So as we pray for safe delivery let's also do what we can to help ourselves.

May her soul rest in peace and may God comfort her family and keep the child safe.

My sister, you have said it all. That's why I advocate for women to have their own money. Don't stay idle at home eating and watching telemundo, find a business to do. Just make sure u have something doing that gives you your own money, no matter how small. That money can insure you from some kind of situations.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenfav(f): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2019
Mummy4life1:
Thank Ma'am for sharing. I really learnt a lot from the story.
Uwc sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2019
Amorprincesa24:
Congratulations
Thanks, were you banned.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2019
Sweetnesstwins grin grin grin oyo is your name o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2019
queenfav:
My sister, you have said it all. That's why I advocate for women to have their own money. Don't stay idle at home eating and watching telemundo, find a business to do. Just make sure u have something doing that gives you your own money, no matter how small. That money can insure you from some kind of situations.
It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babestell(f): 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
This story makes me very sad. Please advice yourself. Look at the kind of husband and support system you have on ground. if your husband is the type that will not want to bring out money for CS or is easily persuaded by religious belief abeg hold your money yourself. Go to the hospital and tell them that you are the only person allowed to sign surgery release on your behalf. Protect yourself. part of the reason the man is doing like this is because he no get money.

Abeg o...prepare yourself for pregnancy and childbirth. Those days of just getting pregnant and hoping on the Lord should end with 2019. if you don't have everything you need start in your first trimester to hustle and gather items, drugs and cash.

PRAY for easy delivery but PREPARE for a difficult one.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/12/15/how-to-prepare-for-a-baby-financially/

queenfav:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prettyuche(f): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Thanks mamas for your well wishes .I really appreciate.May blessings never cease from your various homes.BS later

Pls mamas that have done cs before.how did you recover quickly.na now I dey feel pains oo.especially in the evening.fever and pains around there.is there any thing I can do.when it starts,na cry I dey cry.pls how long will take for all these to stop.Don't ignore biko

(1) (2) (3) ... (5371) (5372) (5373) (5374) (5375) (5376) (5377) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.