Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8131775 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5425) (5426) (5427) (5428) (5429) (5430) (5431) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Liftedhands:
Make una hexplain this tinko wella abeg. First time hearing the name. Cc pweetiebabe
Na meat o, already fried & dried(can last for months) and has this unique taste especially when use in making stew/sauce I haven't eaten it in years was just surprise of this sudden craving.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bubblezz(f): 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Cutemarvel:

Congratulations mama, God bless the baby and the parent. Wish you quick recovery.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bubblezz(f): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
vinoj0225:

Awww, congrats to your family.
Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Na meat o, already fried & dried(can last for months) and has this unique taste especially when use in making stew/sauce I haven't eaten it in years was just surprise of this sudden craving.
Oh ok! Didn't know that's what it's called. Thanks for explaining. I hope you find some to quench that craving.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Liftedhands:
Oh ok! Didn't know that's what it's called. Thanks for explaining. I hope you find some to quench that craving.
I believe is okponku aka anụ kpọrọ nkụ na eju afọ aka dried meat grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
FloraEC:

I believe is okponku aka anụ kpọrọ nkụ na eju afọ aka dried meat grin grin
Yes!! Lolzz

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Team July here...I feel like I'm suffocating here ..no air ... currently sitting outside embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amorprincesa24: 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
It's the weather. It's becoming pretty hot. Just be careful about those mosquitoes.
Mzora:
Team July here...I feel like I'm suffocating here ..no air ... currently sitting outside embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
It's the weather. It's becoming pretty hot. Just be careful about those mosquitoes.
It’s too hot embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Bubblezz:
Good afternoon mamas, my cute prince arrived on January 9 via ELCS. Mother, Father and Son are all doing well.
Congratulations Ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shallypop(f): 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Good evening mamas. Pls how effective is d post partum belt? If effective, can someone give me d moniker of d mama dat sells here? Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shallypop(f): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Funkaish:
Good evening mums, I'm new in this platform..my edd is may. I am using two gynae.. One prescribed labetol due to high bp. The other one prescribed vasoprin, methyldopa, and nifedepine..he. said labatol will crash my bp that I shouldn't use it. The doctor that prescribed labatol works in a general hospital, while d other works in a private hospital but he is the head. Please which should I follow.. Any momma with experience..
Labetalol prevents pre eclampsia
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
Shallypop:
Labetalol prevents pre eclampsia

Can preeclampsia be prevented?? Just curious cos I read it can't.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shallypop(f): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
rvpbae:

Can preeclampsia be prevented?? Just curious cos I read it can't.
It can help prevent or delay ot with vasporin but d vasoprin should be stopped at 28 to 30 weeks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asapretty(f): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Mzora:
Same feeling here thank God am not alone on this, sweating seriously.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Liftedhands:
Make una hexplain this tinko wella abeg. First time hearing the name. Cc pweetiebabe

It's a kind of dried meat that is used to cook soup and stew, also pepper soup but you have to dial and wash properly. Think it can be found in Edo and Delta and maybe Bayelsa state, don't know if it's in the East. It's very delicious � and can be eaten without putting in any soup.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 12:01am On Jan 13, 2020
Asapretty:

Same feeling here thank God am not alone on this, sweating seriously.

The heat is something else. Harmattan came briefly and thereafter the heat came with a force. Can't even sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 12:02am On Jan 13, 2020
Pweetiebabe:

Hope you got it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by quin9(f): 1:56am On Jan 13, 2020
BA
My baby boy arrived yesterday 12th January weighing 3.3kg,vaginal delivery,Mum and baby are doing fine,BS dropping soon.

43 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debclem(f): 2:42am On Jan 13, 2020
BA
Our prayers has been answered, our heart desires granted and our hopes fulfilled. We welcomed our son at 9:25pm.

I will quickly drop my BS as well before vigilante takes over and drains me.

I started feeling some mild contractions on Thursday but could manage through it, later that evening we decided to go get checked at the hospital b'cos I figured that at least the dilation checking will somehow disturb my cervix and probably get things going more quickly besides all the pains can't be for nothing na. The on call doctor checked and I was 2cm and 30% effaced, my contractions weren't established, so I was sent back home. My doctor had earlier on tuesday informed me that I'm booked for induction on Monday for inducement as I was already way past my due date if I don't fall into labor naturally. I have low threshold for pain, so inducement is a nightmare.

On Sunday morning at about 4am, I woke up with mild contractions that were 30mins apart, I knew it wasn't the real deal so I got ready for church. When I got home, I took a nap and woke up worried as Monday was already here and my contractions were still stalled.
I called hubby and began to guilt trip him(it works all the time grin), I began to rant about he will devote himself praying for others in dire situations and would get results but now his wife is about being induced and he's yet to do something about it. I told him I was wondering Why would I be married to a man of God and still worry about such situations.
He felt really bad and told me he has prayed and told me I won't be induced but my faith is weak, he said he didn't have to pray within hearing distance for me to know he has been praying about it. I shaa told him that I don't see him praying about it as often as expected.
Bros apologized, we held hands and prayed.
Less than 15mins later, my contractions started again and was more established, so I began to time them. After sometime, they were 5 mins apart so we set off for the hospital, then the pains were manageable but constant. I just kept praying that Jesus make it easy and swift.

We got to the hospital, the on-call doctor checked and I was 4cm and 40% effaced. 4cm ke? With this steady contractions? Today na today. I didn't believe it so I asked the midwife to check, she did and it was same thing
Hubby asked them how much longer it might take to dilate fully, the doctor said 3 hrs or more as it's my 3rd delivery. Hubby said that wasn't true, that I would be ready for birthing in 20mins. The doctor said he didn't think so because I was not even 50% effaced at the time, hubby told him to go and come back to check in 20mins.
While all these was going on, I was busying chopping undiluted pain and chewing away that poor washcloth I brought to the hospital with me(I will need to see a dentist as I nearly cracked my teeth gawning away my pains at that poor small towel).
About 15mins later, the chief Ob-Gyn came in as we had called him earlier. He checked and I was 8cm and 100% effaced shocked. God honored his word because I couldn't bear that unimaginable pain any longer.
People of God, that was how they started getting ready to deliver. He busted my water, the contractions grew moustache and ugly beards, the pain was Really ugly but the towel I was chewing hard at helped me not to scream much.

They fixed the oxytocin drip and had me pushing at each strong contractions, 4 pushes and my boy was born. I had a tear, first time tearing with 3 babies. I asked him not to give me a cut but the baby tore me. I was stitched and handed over my amazing gift that I didn't have to return. He weighed 3.2kg, quite a shock as my 2017 daughter weighed 3.5kg and I didn't tear but this Bobo is well worth it.

*Contractions became painful at home and was established at about 6.40pm-7pm (according to my contraction timer app), We left home and arrived the hospital at 8:45pm and I had him at 9:25pm.

Jesus glorified himself, our home is complete. Daddy is over the moon, his big bro and sis are excited to meet him tomorrow(School is canceled for 2moro) and This mother's heart and hands are full!!!

My January teamies, the Lord is your strength and it will end gloriously. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions and listened to my yeye random rants in my days of waddling. God bless you all, you are the real MPVs.

I wish every pregnant woman here an easy and safe delivery, May God show up for you on your day of delivery and may it end in an unusual testimony that will shock the devil himself to the glory of God. It will be swift, faster than mine and your pains will be bearable.
Pray and completely trust God and he will definitely show up for you in that hour you need him most.
God bless us all

January Cappo, our able Joyfulmama I have submitted every and signing out permanently on pregnancy thread. I won't just hang Booth(e fit fall tomorrow), I will fling the booth.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kosibaby: 5:03am On Jan 13, 2020
January Cappo, our able Joyfulmama I have submitted every and signing out permanently on pregnancy thread. I won't just hang Booth(e fit fall tomorrow), I will fling the booth.

[/quote]

What an amazing read, Congratulations mama
I concur with the booth flinging abeg, you don try.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 5:15am On Jan 13, 2020
quin9:
BA
My baby boy arrived yesterday 12th January weighing 3.3kg,vaginal delivery,Mum and baby are doing fine,BS dropping soon.
Congratulations mama, God bless the baby and the parent.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 5:21am On Jan 13, 2020
Debclem:
BA
Our prayers has been answered, our heart desires granted and our hopes fulfilled. We welcomed our son at 9:25pm.

I started feeling some mild contractions on Thursday but could manage through it, later that evening we decided to go get checked at the hospital b'cos I figured that at least the dilation checking will somehow disturb my cervix and probably get things going more quickly besides all the pains can't be for nothing na. The on call doctor checked and I was 2cm and 30% effaced, my contractions weren't established, so I was sent back home. My doctor had earlier on tuesday informed me that I'm booked for induction on Monday for inducement as I was already way past my due date if I don't fall into labor naturally. I have low threshold for pain, so inducement is a nightmare.

On Sunday morning at about 4am, I woke up with mild contractions that were 30mins apart, I knew it wasn't the real deal so I got ready for church. When I got home, I took a nap and woke up worried as Monday was already here and my contractions were still stalled.
I called hubby and began to guilt trip him(it works all the time grin), I began to rant about he will devote himself praying for others in dire situations and would get results but now his wife is about being induced and he's yet to do something about it. I told him I was wondering Why would I be married to a man of God and still worry about such situations.
He felt really bad and told me he has prayed and told me I won't be induced but my faith is weak, he said he didn't have to pray within hearing distance for me to know he has been praying about it. I shaa told him that I don't see him praying about it as often as expected.
Bros apologized, we held hands and prayed.
Less than 15mins later, my contractions started again and was more established, so I began to time them. After sometime, they were 5 mins apart so we set off for the hospital, then the pains were manageable but constant. I just kept praying that Jesus make it easy and swift.

We got to the hospital, the on-call doctor checked and I was 4cm and 40% effaced. 4cm ke? With this steady contractions? Today na today. I didn't believe it so I asked the midwife to check, she did and it was same thing
Hubby asked them how much longer it might take to dilate fully, the doctor said 3 hrs or more as it's my 3rd delivery. Hubby said that wasn't true, that I would be ready for birthing in 20mins. The doctor said he didn't think so because I was not even 50% effaced at the time, hubby told him to go and come back to check in 20mins.
While all these was going on, I was busying chopping undiluted pain and chewing away that poor washcloth I brought to the hospital with me(I will need to see a dentist as I nearly cracked my teeth gawning away my pains at that poor small towel).
About 15mins later, the chief Ob-Gyn came in as we had called him earlier. He checked and I was 8cm and 100% effaced shocked. God honored his word because I couldn't bear that unimaginable pain any longer.
People of God, that was how they started getting ready to deliver. He busted my water, the contractions grew moustache and ugly beards, the pain was Really ugly but the towel I was chewing hard at helped me not to scream much.

They fixed the oxytocin drip and had me pushing at each strong contractions, 4 pushes and my boy was born. I had a tear, first time tearing with 3 babies. I asked him not to give me a cut but the baby tore me. I was stitched and handed over my amazing gift that I didn't have to return. He weighed 3.2kg, quite a shock as my 2017 daughter weighed 3.5kg and I didn't tear but this Bobo is well worth it.

*Contractions became painful at home and was established at about 6.40pm-7pm (according to my contraction timer app), We left home and arrived the hospital at 8:45pm and I had him at 9:25pm.

Jesus glorified himself, our home is complete. Daddy is over the moon, his big bro and sis are excited to meet him tomorrow(School is canceled for 2moro) and This mother's heart and hands are full!!!

My January teamies, the Lord is your strength and it will end gloriously. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions and listened to my yeye random rants in my days of waddling. God bless you all, you are the real MPVs.

I wish every pregnant woman here an easy and safe delivery, May God show up for you on your day of delivery and may it end in an unusual testimony that will shock the devil himself to the glory of God. It will be swift, faster than mine and your pains will be bearable.
Pray and completely trust God and he will definitely show up for you in that hour you need him most.
God bless us all

Congratulations mama, God bless the baby and the parent. What a nice BS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 5:23am On Jan 13, 2020
Shallypop:
It can help prevent or delay ot with vasporin but d vasoprin should be stopped at 28 to 30 weeks
Am just hearing this because I had severe pre-emclapsia which finally became Emclapsia,and yes I was on BP drugs. Labetalol was given to me 1week after delivery when every other drug failed to bring it down from 170/100 and In just 3days of use my BP became 118/70 and I was asked to stopped taking it.
That drug is very powerful and i feel anyone taking it should do so with care and monitoring.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 5:29am On Jan 13, 2020
quin9:
BA
congratulations mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 5:36am On Jan 13, 2020
Debclem:
BA

Congratulations mama,God's blessings on your son.
I tap into your quick labour ,my low threshold for pain is 100% o,God help me.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 6:01am On Jan 13, 2020
quin9:
BA
Congratulations Ma'am!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 7:08am On Jan 13, 2020
quin9 and debclem ,Congratulations. May your children always make you proud and joyful.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funkaish: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2020
Shallypop:
OK thanks for the info
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bettylizzy(f): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2020
Good morning mamas, I have been following this thread for 3months now, was TTC's for 2years plus n God did it late last year to Him be all glory.

Please ma's, my cerclage was placed 26th Dec,2019 and today I have a pinkish stain of blood with cream discharge, I called my gynaecologist who said I should take paracetamol and bed rest till 12 to watch occurrence.

Please has anyone been through this before, is this normal? Someone should please enlighten me I'm freaking out already.
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2020
bettylizzy:
Good morning mamas, I have been following this thread for 3months now, was TTC's for 2years plus n God did it late last year to Him be all glory.

Please ma's, my cerclage was placed 26th Dec,2019 and today I have a pinkish stain of blood with cream discharge, I called my gynaecologist who said I should take paracetamol and bed rest till 12 to watch occurrence.

Please has anyone been through this before, is this normal? Someone should please enlighten me I'm freaking out already.
Thanks
Good morning Ma'am, you're how many weeks before the cerclage procedure?

Secondly, what are your activities like after the procedure because there's a lot of things that should be avoided after the procedure.

I also did cerclage procedure@15weeks and I am presently 23weeksplus gone.So, answering my questions will enable me make some comments
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bettylizzy(f): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks ma
Cerclage was placed around 10weeks plus.
I'm basically on the bed on sitting all day just yesterday I decided to walk around for like 20-25mins and couldn't even sleep well at night then this morning d stain.

Mummy4life1:
Good morning Ma'am, you're how many weeks before the cerclage procedure?

Secondly, what are your activities like after the procedure because there's a lot of things that should be avoided after the procedure.

I also did cerclage procedure@15weeks and I am presently 23weeksplus gone.So, answering my questions will enable me make some comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (5425) (5426) (5427) (5428) (5429) (5430) (5431) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.