Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142758 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) (5590) (5591) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:22am On Apr 26, 2020
PecAbby:
B.A

Our dear son came on Sunday, 19th April, at 1:48pm via Vaginal delivery with minimal tears after nearly 4hours of extreme labour pains, weighing 4kg.
Congrats and welcome to your dear son
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:35am On Apr 26, 2020
Pojomojo:
Good evening Mama's
Congratulations to expectant mum
I went for hormonal profile on day 10 of my cycle

Please kindly assist with the interpretation

FSH 2.6
LH 5.81
Prolactine 32.97
Estradial E2 178.64
Progesterone .86

Thanks in advance
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (
You didn't put control values. But why day 10? Day 2 or 3 and day 21 progesterone gives better accurate values.
But from my little knowledge, your prolactin is high. Then your progesterone value shows you must have had an early ovulation. I think ovulation tracking will help you confirm when you ovulate.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:39am On Apr 26, 2020
Deeedeee:

Good morning mummies in the house. I am new here. First time mum, first time nairaland user.

Pls kindly put me through.
Not sure my weeks though. My last menstrual date was 15th of Feb. But I did a blood test on 1st of April, which was negative. Then later did home hcg test on 20th/ 21st of April and this came back positive.
I know I am pregnant with all the symptoms I have been experiencing but can't really calculate how many weeks.

Though will be visiting hospital soonest.

I am open to any advise/talks on pregnancy mummies in the house.
May Almighty God deliver us all safely.

Thanks in advance.
U can call me deeedeee

Congrats ma. You may run a scan between now and next month to confirm your EDD

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LilyJay: 3:04am On Apr 26, 2020
Mamas, I am new here. EDD Aug 10. I am not comfortable with the hospital I am currently using. Can anyone help recommend good hospital for delivery around Ikeja or Surulere area In Lagos? How are other Mamas doing antenatal during this Covid period?

Trying to ready up the trend but I no know where to even start from

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 4:10am On Apr 26, 2020
Hi mamas and my fellow July teamies.
Pls is it normal for tummy to get dark during pregnancy? I'm six months gone and noticed my tummy is having some dark parts, tho not too obvious now. I don't cream my tummy even bfr pregnancy but rub anointing oil sometimes. Will like to know if its normal or my own body reaction. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aitee1: 4:30am On Apr 26, 2020
Bomgirl:

Sorry mama. I hear boils are the body's way of removing certain toxins. Just allow it to ripe and burst. You can rub Palm oil on it so it bursts quick. Pele sis, no take antibiotics o.

Thanks dear I can't try it me sef wey fear drugs pass even without pregnancy let alone now I'll apply the palm oil, mamas no other option
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumoftheDecade: 6:28am On Apr 26, 2020
jumiphena:

@MumoftheDecade, I pray you do oo, but if it shows, just know that's part of the package of first trimester, and soon when you get to the second trimester, you enter the enjoyment stage.

It may sound far-fetched, but eating beans can actually help greatly alleviate morning sickness!
it has been found that if a pregnant woman eats beans while suffering from morning sickness the high fiber content of the beans binds to the extra bile and removes it from the system, causing her to be less nauseous or even not nauseous at all

This worked for me in first trimester as I was greatly relieved of the vomiting saga.

PS: please Try to eat in bits. also note that you can also eat food made from beans like moi moi, akara, gbegiri, Okpa etc.

Okpa and gbegiri was my favourite then.. lol

Thank God I already love beans, and all its variations. cheesy

Thanks for the hack.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2020
Good morning mommies, happy Sunday to us all. It will only get better.

@babsjummy and deeedeee you are welcome, it will end in praise.

@PecAbby congratulations ohh, he's my sisters birthday mate. And amen to your prayers.

@ambient yes you can see a dentist any time but let them know you are pregnant. I think treatment during pregnancy is in 2nd trimester (weeks 14-20) the risk of side effects is lower.

Thank you everyone, stay safe and stay blessed grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2020
Pearl05:

My own cappooo, any better for your girls?
my wonderful teamie that year wey no dey carry last... more oil to ur ministry ooo... Hope junior, you and little one is doing great?

I just sey make I pass here and check up on my wonderful mamas because I last time I peep here u guys just hang my AF.. cheesy cheesy still observing sha shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2020
ijeije123:
Hi mamas and my fellow July teamies.
Pls is it normal for tummy to get dark during pregnable? I'm six months gone and noticed my tummy is having some dark parts, tho not too obvious now. I don't rub cream on tummy even bfr pregnant but rub anointing oil sometimes. Will like to know if its normal or my own body reaction. Thanks.
it normal ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2020
WAIT BRB
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2020
LilyJay:
Mamas, I am new here. EDD Aug 10. I am not comfortable with the hospital I am currently using. Can anyone help recommend good hospital for delivery around Ikeja or Surulere area In Lagos? How are other Mamas doing antenatal during this Covid period?

Welcome teamie, happy bumping. Antenatal is with caution now o, with the rate at which this pandemic is increasing, I don't want to take any chances. I'll only go if I have complaints. Stay safe

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 9:40am On Apr 26, 2020
Aitee1:
Please oh mamas come to my aid oh, I'm having about 6 boils in my right arm pit and about 3 the left side, right now I'm not the owner of my hands and the pains ehen can't explain, and I can't remember having any boil in my entire life but this pregnancy is showing me pepper please any home remedy to tackle armpit boil please I need solution nobody should tell me na my package cry cry cry

No waka pass abeg mamas

My July mamas epp your teamie oh cry cry cry
According to my people, if you have plenty boils while pregnant, Na twins or triplets be that o. Lol. Pele mama, try using Shea butter to soften it so it can easily break. Ehyyah, sorry you hear?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2020
PecAbby:
B.A

Our dear son came on Sunday, 19th April, at 1:48pm via Vaginal delivery with minimal tears after nearly 4hours of extreme labour pains, weighing 4kg.

God saw me through...and gave us the victory over the devil.

I wish all preggy mums a safe delivery. God shall see you through and you will hold your baby(ies) in your arms.

To those trusting God for children... He will fill your quiver with arrows.

Hold unto God...He never disappoints. I am a testimony of His faithfulness.

God bless you all.

cc. PatKing
Congratulations mama, God is great and to Him alone be the glory.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prudify25: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2020

80 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

I am grateful to God for everything and we are 1 week today, treating jaundice though but I know God is working, thank you to all that advised I go for the cs, for all your tips here and to cappo, thank you sweetheart. I have to drop my pen here so I can sleep now that princess is sleeping.

To all those waiting on your big day, God will make it easy for you and to those TTC, God will bless you very soon.
Cc: Cappo angeltolly
Bs submitted
Wow!!! Teamie indeed God is ever faithful, he disgraced the devil and his agents on your behalf, may your baby always bring you joy...Congratulations once again

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funkaish: 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
Congratulations... Buh you took so long before opting for cs ...if your enemy has died ...your hubby would mourn for few days and remarry ...life continues...please let all mothers learn from this..congrats once again ..thank God d enemy failed completely...
Prudify25:
BS

First of all, I want to say thank you lord for the journey, after having a miscarriage(5 months) last year april 20th to be precise, the devil wanted to work on same date this year, all that can go wrong during this pregnancy did, from having threatened abortion to having to go for emergency cerclage at 24weeks, to premature contractions almost every 2weeks, including managing diabetes, in fact this God is too good. At some point I will be scared if my baby will form well and come out very strong and healthy, but in all,I thank God.

April 17th I went for normal antenatal, did urinalysis and went for vitals... My normal bp of 120/80 went up to 170/100.....I was really concerned, although prior to that I had already started secreting mucus plug, my gynae sent for my husband immediately and told him I need to be under close monitoring and if my bp doesnt go down I will be taken to theatre the next day...oga went mute throughout that day, I prayed, called my parents and even brought it here, my parents said if the form isn't signed by my husband they will sign it if it can be mailed to them and so it went on, he didn't say a word, gynae asked for mother in-law, she didn't show up, on Saturday 18th I was told to report morning afternoon and evening to check my bp, it was getting worse infact after the nurses check the doctors will check to confirm and it will even go higher, I was told to go and bring my bags, I waited for hubby to come but he didn't say anything when he came back, mother in-law later called a matron that night to seek second opinion and she was told cs is the only way out to save mother and child, my parents were angry with me that I'm playing with my life cross of hubby and in-laws, in short inter-tribal marriage get as e be.
To cut the long story short, I tried to rest after all the worry but I couldn't, on Sunday around 4am my head was banging and I knew my bp must have gone higher than it was, I didn't wait for hubby I just picked few stuffs and was heading to the hospital to my greatest surprise he followed me and even helped me carry my bag, on getting to the hospital, bp was checked and it was reading 200/120, nurses and docs were shouting, everyone was confused. The next 10mins I was checked again and it went to 210/130, it was just going up, my gynae had to call 4 other doctors from UNTH, I was told we need to deposit 60k for them to start but hubby was no where to be found, I was checked again 220/140, the doctors arrived really early and they decided to check it was 240/130, my gynae said I should be moved to the theatre immediately that we have suffered so much during the pregnancy to loose it when I was just few days to hit 36weeks cos of money, before then I called mother in-law that his son has left me to die and she came in few mins b4 I was moved to the theatre and that was it.

First anaesthesia injection didn't work, I felt the pain when they cut me, after giving me the second one I fainted, I heard voices of people calling my name and snapped back, but then it was as if my whole body went numb including my head, I tried to speak, like I was shouting within me but nobody was hearing me, it was one of the docs that saw my face and said I was dying, I was just shouting, I can't do this, I'm dying, I'm going, God help me and b4 I knew they fixed oxygen to my nostrils and that helped me to breathe well and in few mins I heard my baby crying, hearing her cry just took away all the pains and turmoil, she was cleaned up and showed to me cos I didn't check gender b4 her birth and that was it.

I was stitched back, cleaned and moved to the ward but couldn't speak or talk to anyone until later that evening.

The devil came again baby's glucose level was 12 and that was very low, she was given formula and glucose since I couldn't even move cos of the anaesthesia, all of a sudden baby began to choke, my mother in-law was shouting for help, in my fragile state I kept on asking for my baby but no one was answering me, I managed to pray for God to save my child and give me complete joy, unknown to me they were reviving her with oxygen for 2 straight hours, I couldn't move to look for her cos I'm worried and head is banging, at the end of it all, God did it for me and we are fine, Protocols were broken for my sake and God proved himself mighty.

I am grateful to God for everything and we are 1 week today, treating jaundice though but I know God is working, thank you to all that advised I go for the cs, for all your tips here and to cappo, thank you sweetheart. I have to drop my pen here so I can sleep now that princess is sleeping.

To all those waiting on your big day, God will make it easy for you and to those TTC, God will bless you very soon.
Bs submitted

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LaJoie2x: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
God is great. Thank God for his miracle in your life @ Prudify25. May God continue to bless you and your lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

Bs submitted

Congratulations teamie! The name of the lord be praised.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
LilyJay:

There is His Glory hospital at Coker and they re very good

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

First of all, I want to say thank you lord for the journey, after having a miscarriage(5 months) last year april 20th to be precise, the devil wanted to work on same date this year, all that can go wrong during this pregnancy did, from having threatened abortion to having to go for emergency cerclage at 24weeks, to premature contractions almost every 2weeks, including managing diabetes, in fact this God is too good. At some point I will be scared if my baby will form well and come out very strong and healthy, but in all,I thank God.

April 17th I went for normal antenatal, did urinalysis and went for vitals... My normal bp of 120/80 went up to 170/100.....I was really concerned, although prior to that I had already started secreting mucus plug, my gynae sent for my husband immediately and told him I need to be under close monitoring and if my bp doesnt go down I will be taken to theatre the next day...oga went mute throughout that day, I prayed, called my parents and even brought it here, my parents said if the form isn't signed by my husband they will sign it if it can be mailed to them and so it went on, he didn't say a word, gynae asked for mother in-law, she didn't show up, on Saturday 18th I was told to report morning afternoon and evening to check my bp, it was getting worse infact after the nurses check the doctors will check to confirm and it will even go higher, I was told to go and bring my bags, I waited for hubby to come but he didn't say anything when he came back, mother in-law later called a matron that night to seek second opinion and she was told cs is the only way out to save mother and child, my parents were angry with me that I'm playing with my life cross of hubby and in-laws, in short inter-tribal marriage get as e be.
To cut the long story short, I tried to rest after all the worry but I couldn't, on Sunday around 4am my head was banging and I knew my bp must have gone higher than it was, I didn't wait for hubby I just picked few stuffs and was heading to the hospital to my greatest surprise he followed me and even helped me carry my bag, on getting to the hospital, bp was checked and it was reading 200/120, nurses and docs were shouting, everyone was confused. The next 10mins I was checked again and it went to 210/130, it was just going up, my gynae had to call 4 other doctors from UNTH, I was told we need to deposit 60k for them to start but hubby was no where to be found, I was checked again 220/140, the doctors arrived really early and they decided to check it was 240/130, my gynae said I should be moved to the theatre immediately that we have suffered so much during the pregnancy to loose it when I was just few days to hit 36weeks cos of money, before then I called mother in-law that his son has left me to die and she came in few mins b4 I was moved to the theatre and that was it.

First anaesthesia injection didn't work, I felt the pain when they cut me, after giving me the second one I fainted, I heard voices of people calling my name and snapped back, but then it was as if my whole body went numb including my head, I tried to speak, like I was shouting within me but nobody was hearing me, it was one of the docs that saw my face and said I was dying, I was just shouting, I can't do this, I'm dying, I'm going, God help me and b4 I knew they fixed oxygen to my nostrils and that helped me to breathe well and in few mins I heard my baby crying, hearing her cry just took away all the pains and turmoil, she was cleaned up and showed to me cos I didn't check gender b4 her birth and that was it.

I was stitched back, cleaned and moved to the ward but couldn't speak or talk to anyone until later that evening.

The devil came again baby's glucose level was 12 and that was very low, she was given formula and glucose since I couldn't even move cos of the anaesthesia, all of a sudden baby began to choke, my mother in-law was shouting for help, in my fragile state I kept on asking for my baby but no one was answering me, I managed to pray for God to save my child and give me complete joy, unknown to me they were reviving her with oxygen for 2 straight hours, I couldn't move to look for her cos I'm worried and head is banging, at the end of it all, God did it for me and we are fine, Protocols were broken for my sake and God proved himself mighty.

Bs submitted

Wow Thank God!!!!! God is indeed faithful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

First of all, I want to say thank you lord for the journey,

Protocols were broken for my sake and God proved himself mighty.

I am grateful to God for everything and we are 1 week today.

Bs submitted

Glory to God, it ended in praise. God bless your princess kiss .
BS Seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

First of all, I want to say thank you lord for the journey, after having a miscarriage(5 months) last year april 20th to be precise, the devil wanted to worery strong and healthy, but in all,I thank God.

Bs submitted
Congratulations ma'am may God continue to keep you and lo. Thank God.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Deeedeee:

Good morning mummies in the house. I am new here. First time mum, first time nairaland user.

Pls kindly put me through.
Not sure my weeks though. My last menstrual date was 15th of Feb. But I did a blood test on 1st of April, which was negative. Then later did home hcg test on 20th/ 21st of April and this came back positive.
I know I am pregnant with all the symptoms I have been experiencing but can't really calculate how many weeks.

Though will be visiting hospital soonest.

I am open to any advise/talks on pregnancy mummies in the house.
May Almighty God deliver us all safely.

Thanks in advance.
U can call me deeedeee

I'm having same issue my last period was February 21. i did test march ending it was negative did urine and blood test on 21 of April came out positive. I did scan 22 of April it says I'm 5weeks .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Modupetemmy1(f): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

Bs submitted

a very big congratulation to you ma wish you and baby save recovery . pls next time, I repeat next time don't wait for anyone. your life is very important.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
[quote author=Prudify25 post=88871143]BS

Hearty congratulations mama, you have really gone through a lot, pls take loads of rest, God be with a little angel.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soulmate19: 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

Bs submitted

Congratulations ma'am
May God protect you and your Princess. Amen �
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Aitee1:
Please oh mamas come to my aid oh, I'm having about 6 boils in my right arm pit and about 3 the left side, right now I'm not the owner of my hands and the pains ehen can't explain, and I can't remember having any boil in my entire life but this pregnancy is showing me pepper please any home remedy to tackle armpit boil please I need solution nobody should tell me na my package cry cry cry

No waka pass abeg mamas

My July mamas epp your teamie oh cry cry cry
so sorry teamie, I only know of an old folks way of healing boils which has works for me my entire life. I hope it works for u. just get a Bic Biro cover or something that can visibly show mucus or oil from ur ear and rub on it and the boils would vanish in two days or less. ( has always worked for me and everyone I told).
Happy bumping and waddling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please where are you doing the shopping biko?
Are you a FTM?

Bisade44:
Finally started shopping in bits, already ticking the hospital items. Fellow August mamas, how una dey?

I’m trying so hard not to waste money on what I won’t need but it’s hard as a first timer. Can someone kindly make a list of unnecessary items
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nacre1: 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Prudify25:
BS

Bs submitted
Congratulations. God be praised. May God preserve you and your baby

(1) (2) (3) ... (5585) (5586) (5587) (5588) (5589) (5590) (5591) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.