Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144044 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5589) (5590) (5591) (5592) (5593) (5594) (5595) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedmum11: 4:24am On Apr 28, 2020
Pearl05:

Hugs darling ! You are highly welcome ooo. Mamas with experience will soon come.

Thank you dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedmum11: 4:25am On Apr 28, 2020
Mzora:
congratulations Mama,start your prenatals like folic acid or pregnacare immediately..you can continue breastfeeding as it has no effect on your baby...you will discuss further with your health care provider on the best method of delivery because your CS is not up to a year.All the best dear and welcome on board.

Thank you mzora!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedmum11: 4:39am On Apr 28, 2020
threegees:

Wow. Congratulations are in order. My son was 7 months when I took in for my daughter. The Lord is your muscle. You need all the support you can get now. Don't know about continued breastfeeding, I didn't get to worry about that cos my son refused the breast at 5 months. Just take your folic acid as prescribed by moms but I think you should get to the hospital early so that you can be monitored closely. Knowledge increases everyday. I'm carrying my third baby and it's like I've never been pregnant. Everything is new to me, as my second child (previous pregnancy) is 7 years old. Wish you a smooth journey and supernatural delivery when the time comes.

Thank you dear!! I will start with pregnacare
asap.
Breastfeeding was a herculean task for me as my milk supply was poor and baby refused sucking so i resorting to pumping the little i could get out and then supplement with formula. As far as feeding her goes we are now on enfamil formula only and waiting for a few weeks when I can introduce semi-solids and purees.

I pray this experience is easy and different, Amen!!!

Safe delivery to us all.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2020
Thanks mama, I really appreciate your response.

As per your toothache, I had similar issues when I was 37wks gone with my first baby, the pain was coming from an impact last molar, in fact I didn't sleep for 3 days straight, I was referred to a dental clinic by my hmo hospital, but I instead choose to go to GH where I do ANC, I didn't even complain about the tooth, cos it's not my clinic day and they will just tell me to go to dental Dept. I finally saw a doc, who discovered my BP was high 190/170, I was admitted straight away and monitoring started, at had eclampsia, passed out during induction and they had to do emergency cs, didn't wake up to see my baby till the nxt day, BP still refused to crash 1wk post delivery, and finally nursed the cs wounds for 9 good months.
And the toothache? I have not heard from the tooth since I was admitted that year.

I couldn't drop my bs on this forum since then cos of all I had to go through. I thank God in all, now am back for second journey after 3 yrs.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 7:44am On Apr 28, 2020
queenfav:
Good morning mamas. Something sad happened and I felt we all may learn from it. The guy who handles electrical jobs for us just lost his wife during childbirth. The baby survived.He is in police custody as we speak because the wife's family are saying he killed their daughter. Their marriage is less than two years old and the late lady is not up to 30 years.

It's being said that she has earlier been diagnosed of multiple uterine fibroids. The doctor advised an Elective CS be done, that any attempt at going into labor and vagina birth may further complicate things.

Her dear husband said no to the CS. In his words "My mother gave birth normally, my wife must do same". That's how this lady stayed till she fell into labour at 38 weeks.She wasn't even taken to the hospital where she registered for antenatal, he took her to a prayer house to deliver. He said many women testify on Sunday in church of how they came to church when they were in labour for long and baby came out easily while in the church.

That's how the women there (who are not even local midwives) were trying to force her to push. It wasn't long before she started bleeding badly. It was when they saw that she was dieing, that they rushed her to hospital. Then it was already too late,the young lady died on her way to hospital. The same CS they rejected was what was done to bring out the child because they could still detect a heartbeat.

All this was happening and the man didn't call any of the wife's family to let them know. The call he made was to tell them about how their child or sister is in d mortuary. The lady's brother's used police to go pick him up after serious beating.

I am still so pissed because in my opinion, the lady killed herself. As a human being and one in a delicate condition as pregnancy, you have to choose you. Even if that's how the marriage will scatter, so be it.

A doctor had already told u the risks involved with normal delivery based on the medical issues u have, yet she allowed a mere man in the name of husband use her life to gamble. The same man that will marry a fresh and finer woman after one year or less if anything happens to you?

Why I am bringing this here is so that we can all draw sense from it. It's your life, your body, your pregnancy. Don't allow love blind our common sense or allow wedding ring and Mrs title remove our individuality. Men are very good at choosing themselves, we should do same especially when it concerns your health in pregnancy . If anything happens (God forbid) you will bear the pains. Every pregnancy is to be cherished. Don't use your life and your unborn child to gamble. If you are not ok with anything, stand your ground. Don't keep delicate issues away from your family. Na here u jam the man, your family remains your family. If a man is having the same stance as the dead lady's husband, call a family meeting and let your people know. If he doesn't pay the medical bills, your family and friends can pay. In all, your life is more important. Nobody dies and is buried with their husband or wife. We came to this world alone nd will leave alone.
That lady would have been alive today if she insisted on CS like her doctor advised. Her husband will be released from cell, after 3-5 months, he would have gotten another babe. That's if he can wait that long. Wheras someone allowed herself to be killed because she wanted to obey her husband. What story would they tell that innocent child tomoro? Because I trust the lady's family to let thr child know the fathers part in the mothers untimely death!
Am not saying don't obey your husbands, but let's apply wisdom to being married. Think about your parents who have labored over you before you got married, think about your life and all you are yet to achieve. Mrs title is just a small part of life. Don't allow the zeal to stay married by all means make you docile to the point where a man will be the one telling u to do things that are not going to be ok for your health or things that are against doctors instructions.
I have seen women having sezzz 3 weeks after delivery, when doctors advise u wait 6 weeks. Why? To please their husband. Some take in 4 months after delivery because oga told them not to do family planning, and they relaxed. In the end, you the woman will suffer the consequences. Let's all be wise and choose ourselves and well being in times when it's necessary. I am so angry because the lady that died is someone I know. Maybe her crime in life was loving a man too much to the point of blind submission! Not all the times your husband will mean well for you. It may be out of ignorance as to the severity of the issue, that's when u let him know what's at stake and insist on doing the right thing. If he disagrees, pack a few things and go to your parents house till you are OK. It's better than saying "yes sir, yes my husband" to everything, until you say yes to what will lead you to early death all because you want to please your husband.

Good morning Mama's,sorry i had to quote this long epistle,we have a lot to learn from this ...may God help us to make the right decision for ourselves and our babies.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:44am On Apr 28, 2020
Prudify25:
Thanks everyone for your prayers and wishes. I'm grateful, can't get my eyes off my princess, she is really worth it smiley

Hebrew women delivery, the joy of a mum. Baby and mummy alive.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shemmyglo(f): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2020
ToyosiR:
Hello bellefullMama,

I hope we are enjoying this pushing business. How are we doing this lockdown.

Some of us na kpekus opportunity while some of us no want stay near am at all.

Make we just dey manage am as e dey come.

My November teamie, How are we doing. Is our morning sickness going down gradually or we are still indifferent.

Please lets come out and talk. How have you been managing the morning sickness and house chores. Hope i am not the only one lazy sha.

cheeketo, lagra, Shemmyglo, mayornmn and other teamNovember abeg come out oooo

MS still dey o but I just discovered that drinking very cold and hot water makes me sick. Google even said something about it. But I thank God for his mercy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 9:18am On Apr 28, 2020
Hello mamas, I'm new here! My sister, ayauche introduced me to this forum. My EDD is October

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:
Hello mamas, I'm new here! My sister, ayauche introduced me to this forum. My EDD is October
Ya very welcome.
Another October mom. Yippee!
Please let us know your date and gender so we can add you to the team grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bukit05(f): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:

You are welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2020
threegees:

Ya very welcome.
Another October mom. Yippee!
Please let us know your date and gender so we can add you to the team grin

Thank you mama! My date is 23rd October but don't know the gender yet as I haven't done scan

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 9:49am On Apr 28, 2020
bukit05:

You are welcome

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:

Welcome to this wonderful home darling. Feel free to talk and ask questions, am very sure your team members and other senior mamas will be very glad to answer you.
Have a smooth 9months ride.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2020
Ayauche:

Welcome to this wonderful home darling. Feel free to talk and ask questions, am very sure your team members and other senior mamas will be very glad to answer you.
Have a smooth 9months ride.

Thanks a lot sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2020
Good morning mamas!!!

Please help me out. I was two months pregnant when I started experiencing infection. I went to the hospital and was given these drugs: cikamox 500, greenzoral and another that doesn't have name but BPL written on the tablet. The infection left but soon came back so I visited a health centre and was given flagyl but the infection didn't stop.

I registered for antenatal yesterday, told the nurse all about the infection and she advised me to stay off antibiotics for now, that I should just learn to manage it and maintain proper hygiene. That antibiotics can affect the organs of the baby but I still discharge.

The discharge doesn't itch, doesn't smell, cream in colour and thick. Please mamas in this forum, I need your urgent replies as this is my first pregnancy and I'm really scared of anything happening to my baby.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 11:24am On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:
You are welcome ma'am grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 11:26am On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:

Thank you mama! My date is 23rd October but don't know the gender yet as I haven't done scan
My EDD mate, you are welcome once again.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ojantelle: 11:33am On Apr 28, 2020
Good morning everyone. @threejees and bukit05 pls add me to the October list. My EDD is 23 and 27, team surprise this time around (any gender is welcome).

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adet991(f): 11:46am On Apr 28, 2020
Ewaifeoluwa:
Hello mommas,
pls l just joined this group
I am Team October.
Where are my October Mamas o?
Good morning I'm new here. My EDD is October 11

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adet991(f): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=soulmate19 post=88918949][/quote] Adet991......11/10.....unknown
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by janeobasi24: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good day Mommas, pls I need help..... Pls can you recommend pregnancy-safe aphrodisiac for me?
Before I got married, I used to be wet during romance with my fiance(now my husband) but I ever since I got married, nothing like that again no matter how deep the romance!
My vagina is still tight and we use sex lubricant every time we have sex.... I want to satisfy my husband
Lastly, I'm afraid of vaginal birth since my vagina is still tight! Can I actually give birth through vagina in this case?
Note:
I actually got married as a virgin
I conceived on my wedding day cos I was ovulating that day
I'm 25 weeks gone

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adezie: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:
Good morning mamas!!!

Please help me out. I was two months pregnant when I started experiencing infection. I went to the hospital and was given these drugs: cikamox 500, greenzoral and another that doesn't have name but BPL written on the tablet. The infection left but soon came back so I visited a health centre and was given flagyl but the infection didn't stop.

I registered for antenatal yesterday, told the nurse all about the infection and she advised me to stay off antibiotics for now, that I should just learn to manage it and maintain proper hygiene. That antibiotics can affect the organs of the baby but I still discharge.

The discharge doesn't itch, doesn't smell, cream in colour and thick. Please mamas in this forum, I need your urgent replies as this is my first pregnancy and I'm really scared of anything happening to my baby.

Thank you
For the two times I was pregnant, I notice vaginal discharge and itching once I enter third trimester and start to near the end of the pregnancy. I don't take any drugs, I simply insert garlic into my veejay. The relief is almost instant and in 24 he's you will notice the discharge will stop. I don't insert too deeply but if I put it in at night, its comes out by morning. I do this sort of cleanse every two weeks until I deliver cos I don't want it to come back.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Be Magnified O Lord! I am speechless. You are so lucky sis
Prudify25:
BS

First of all, I want to say thank you lord for the journey, after having a miscarriage(5 months) last year april 20th to be precise, the devil wanted to work on same date this year, all that can go wrong during this pregnancy did, from having threatened abortion to having to go for emergency cerclage at 24weeks, to premature contractions almost every 2weeks, including managing diabetes, in fact this God is too good. At some point I will be scared if my baby will form well and come out very strong and healthy, but in all,I thank God.

April 17th I went for normal antenatal, did urinalysis and went for vitals... My normal bp of 120/80 went up to 170/100.....I was really concerned, although prior to that I had already started secreting mucus plug, my gynae sent for my husband immediately and told him I need to be under close monitoring and if my bp doesnt go down I will be taken to theatre the next day...oga went mute throughout that day, I prayed, called my parents and even brought it here, my parents said if the form isn't signed by my husband they will sign it if it can be mailed to them and so it went on, he didn't say a word, gynae asked for mother in-law, she didn't show up, on Saturday 18th I was told to report morning afternoon and evening to check my bp, it was getting worse infact after the nurses check the doctors will check to confirm and it will even go higher, I was told to go and bring my bags, I waited for hubby to come but he didn't say anything when he came back, mother in-law later called a matron that night to seek second opinion and she was told cs is the only way out to save mother and child, my parents were angry with me that I'm playing with my life cross of hubby and in-laws, in short inter-tribal marriage get as e be.
To cut the long story short, I tried to rest after all the worry but I couldn't, on Sunday around 4am my head was banging and I knew my bp must have gone higher than it was, I didn't wait for hubby I just picked few stuffs and was heading to the hospital to my greatest surprise he followed me and even helped me carry my bag, on getting to the hospital, bp was checked and it was reading 200/120, nurses and docs were shouting, everyone was confused. The next 10mins I was checked again and it went to 210/130, it was just going up, my gynae had to call 4 other doctors from UNTH, I was told we need to deposit 60k for them to start but hubby was no where to be found, I was checked again 220/140, the doctors arrived really early and they decided to check it was 240/130, my gynae said I should be moved to the theatre immediately that we have suffered so much during the pregnancy to loose it when I was just few days to hit 36weeks cos of money, before then I called mother in-law that his son has left me to die and she came in few mins b4 I was moved to the theatre and that was it.

First anaesthesia injection didn't work, I felt the pain when they cut me, after giving me the second one I fainted, I heard voices of people calling my name and snapped back, but then it was as if my whole body went numb including my head, I tried to speak, like I was shouting within me but nobody was hearing me, it was one of the docs that saw my face and said I was dying, I was just shouting, I can't do this, I'm dying, I'm going, God help me and b4 I knew they fixed oxygen to my nostrils and that helped me to breathe well and in few mins I heard my baby crying, hearing her cry just took away all the pains and turmoil, she was cleaned up and showed to me cos I didn't check gender b4 her birth and that was it.

I was stitched back, cleaned and moved to the ward but couldn't speak or talk to anyone until later that evening.

The devil came again baby's glucose level was 12 and that was very low, she was given formula and glucose since I couldn't even move cos of the anaesthesia, all of a sudden baby began to choke, my mother in-law was shouting for help, in my fragile state I kept on asking for my baby but no one was answering me, I managed to pray for God to save my child and give me complete joy, unknown to me they were reviving her with oxygen for 2 straight hours, I couldn't move to look for her cos I'm worried and head is banging, at the end of it all, God did it for me and we are fine, Protocols were broken for my sake and God proved himself mighty.

I am grateful to God for everything and we are 1 week today, treating jaundice though but I know God is working, thank you to all that advised I go for the cs, for all your tips here and to cappo, thank you sweetheart. I have to drop my pen here so I can sleep now that princess is sleeping.

To all those waiting on your big day, God will make it easy for you and to those TTC, God will bless you very soon.
Cc: Cappo angeltolly
Bs submitted
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Yes, I have accepted it as part of my package. It isn't obvious tho and I hope it doesn't get more than that. My mom has a very pretty round tommy, void of stretch or dark patches and she is very light. This woman birthed six children o. I do envy her tommy a lot and hope I take after her. But with what I'm seeing now, make I never talk yet bfr e gets darker. Lol. My face is still okay tho. Probably six months plus is still too young to say.
miraclebaby:
Part of your package ma. Enjoy. Mine is my face

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ewaifeoluwa: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Thank you
ojantelle:
Welcome ma'am grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ewaifeoluwa: 12:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=threegees post=88916864]Abeg who be cappo for team October?
October mamas, show yourself here,
I trust our ms is over and we're balling into the honeymoon stage. Ngwa bianu, let's build a formidable team grin

Register under here.

Name EDD Gender

Threegees....... 06/10...... Unknown
Annaseyi.......... 22/10..... Unknown
Pearl05............. 22/10..... Unknown
bukit05............. 07/10...... Unknown
Soulmate19..... 14/10....... Unknown
Ewaifeoluwa.....25/10.......Unknown

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
ojantelle:
You are welcome ma'am grin

Thank ma'am grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
ojantelle:
My EDD mate, you are welcome once again.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
adezie:

For the two times I was pregnant, I notice vaginal discharge and itching once I enter third trimester and start to near the end of the pregnancy. I don't take any drugs, I simply insert garlic into my veejay. The relief is almost instant and in 24 he's you will notice the discharge will stop. I don't insert too deeply but if I put it in at night, its comes out by morning. I do this sort of cleanse every two weeks until I deliver cos I don't want it to come back.

I think I shud try this and see the result. I'm just tired of taking drugs that might not be healthy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
October mamas, show yourself here,
I trust our ms is over and we're balling in the honeymoon stage. Ngwa bianu, let's build a formidable team grin

Register under here.

Name EDD Gender

threegees....... 06/10...... Unknown
Annaseyi.......... 22/10..... Unknown
Pearl05............. 22/10..... Unknown
bukit05............. 07/10...... Unknown
Soulmate19..... 14/10....... Unknown
Ewaifeoluwa..... 25/10...... Unknown
divanita............. 23/10...... Unknown
ojantelle............ 23/10...... Unknown
adet991............. 11/10...... Unknown

#SupernaturalChildbirth
#SmoothJourney

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
divanita:
Good morning mamas!!!

Thank you
It doesn't itch and doesn't smell, how sure are u it is infection and not just discharge. It is very normal to have increased discharges during pregnancy. Antibiotics are not safe in pregnancy, avoid them and do as the nurse advised. After delivery if it still persists, u can treat in full force. Happy bumping to u sis

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5589) (5590) (5591) (5592) (5593) (5594) (5595) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.