Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151232 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 5:44pm On May 25, 2020
Ohemababy:
Congrats to all the mamas that have birthed their LOs.
We thank God for a fruitful journey. May God's protection be on all our little Angels

Sorry o I say I should ask.
Who still does house chores, cook I mean turn amala and all that at 34 weeks And still has attend to a 2years plus hyper active boy.
My husband feels I should still be able to do all these otherwise I am termed lazy and stuff. I feel very bad honestly. I used to have a help but she left during the start of the lockdown and I already made arrangements for a new help.

But really is it too much work or am I just actually being lazy?
Sometimes at the end of the day am so tired and almost breathless. I just doze off.
I know what u r going tru, it's not easy bn pregnant and taking care of a toddler. U have 2 sit ur hubby down in a calm manner and talk 2 him 2 assist u in any way he can until u get a help.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 5:59pm On May 25, 2020
Team November cappo add me ooo

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:03pm On May 25, 2020
sugah:

Try St Ives off Opebi or Deseret int hospital GRA
@lyoncrescent please disregard this.
Im also hospital hunting and these were recommended.
Went to both places today and couldn't see gyne. St. Ives gyne closed at 1pm due public holiday but 4pm on regular days and Deseret's gyne only consults on Fridays undecided
I'd be interested in hearing your review of Olan, if you did visit today
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 6:06pm On May 25, 2020
I have been having very high heart beat 4 days now and little thing or sound my mind go just fly, i went 2 d clinic 2day 2 complain 2 b sure its not Bp, they checked my bp and d doc said my bp is normal but my pulse is very high dat i should relax and don't stress or think. Has any mama experienced it?
Mamas make una no waka pass ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaite23: 6:17pm On May 25, 2020
mzchirious:

Praise Jesus!.....I successfully welcomed my lo on the 18th...a lot would have gone wrong if I had waited longer but Jesus took the wheel and it ended in praise....I had an emergency CS as labour wasn't still coming.....I'm officially signing out from team May. All the best mamas,you will deliver safely in Jesus name.Amen

Congrats mama and welcome my son's birthday mate. May God bless you plenty plenty
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dedewizzy(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2020
faithlucky:
I have been having very high heart beat 4 days now and little thing or sound my mind go just fly, i went 2 d clinic 2day 2 complain 2 b sure its not Bp, they checked my bp and d doc said my bp is normal but my pulse is very high dat i should relax and don't stress or think. Has any mama experienced it?

I'm not a mama but I can relate especially with the mind flying at any little thing you're experiencing as my wife experienced similar. She just put to bed 10 days ago to a healthy baby boy. So it's nothing to be really worried about, just do as your doctor said by not stressing yourself and thinking much. Everything will be ok at the end

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Slimvee(f): 6:29pm On May 25, 2020
Ohemababy:
Congrats to all the mamas that have birthed their LOs.
We thank God for a fruitful journey. May God's protection be on all our little Angels

Sorry o I say I should ask.
Who still does house chores, cook I mean turn amala and all that at 34 weeks And still has attend to a 2years plus hyper active boy.
My husband feels I should still be able to do all these otherwise I am termed lazy and stuff. I feel very bad honestly. I used to have a help but she left during the start of the lockdown and I already made arrangements for a new help.

But really is it too much work or am I just actually being lazy?
Sometimes at the end of the day am so tired and almost breathless. I just doze off.

I used to b in ur shoes, with a 2 yrs hyperactive daughter. At times I ask myslf what I was thinking to conceive now instead of waiting for her to clock 3/4 yrs but I had a little delay b4 having her so there was pressure on me to hurry up so as to prevent secondary infertility. I did all chores including d ones DT is a big no for an expectant woman, hubby felt d chores wld make me strong until I started bleeding and contracting at 31 weeks. I had to be admitted and placed on bed rest which then reset his thinking.

I think u shld calmly let ur hubby understand how u feel. Exaggerate if u can(it worked for me, wld wake at night and complain terribly of body ache and breathlessness) now hubby does everything...as in everything.

God will see us through. Amen

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 25, 2020
Slimvee:

I used to b in ur shoes, with a 2 yrs hyperactive daughter. At times I ask myslf what I was thinking to conceive now instead of waiting for her to clock 3/4 yrs but I had a little delay b4 having her so there was pressure on me to hurry up so as to prevent secondary infertility. I did all chores including d ones DT is a big no for an expectant woman, hubby felt d chores wld make me strong until I started bleeding and contracting at 31 weeks. I had to be admitted and placed on bed rest which then reset his thinking.

I think u shld calmly let ur hubby understand how u feel. Exaggerate if u can(it worked for me, wld wake at night and complain terribly of body ache and breathlessness) now hubby does everything...as in everything.

God will see us through. Amen

Imagine o.
Lately I have had issues with low blood and been advised to eat vegetables. Sometimes after doing all the chores I sleep off, I dont remember to eat or take any drugs.

Thanks for your advice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 25, 2020
faithlucky:

I know what u r going tru, it's not easy bn pregnant and taking care of a toddler. U have 2 sit ur hubby down in a calm manner and talk 2 him 2 assist u in any way he can until u get a help.

Thank you, I appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 25, 2020
Mzora:
u're not lazy dear,I also feel same..I'm always tired after small work.sometimes my hubby will want to make me feel lazy but I don't let that affect me at all.once i'm tired I go and sleep even when he complains..

I will adopt this style o. When he sees me sleeping he will know am truly tired.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 25, 2020
vinoj0225:

I can't imagine what you're going through because I'm a FTM, much more you having to go through all these with an active 2years old. Now I feel all the tiredness I didn't feel in my first trimester and I'm always lazy now. Just try and let DH understand what you're going through cos it's normal to be tired so he can assist you. It's not easy but we'll make it through and celebrate at the end. Safe delivery to us.

E no easy at all.
Thank you ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 6:39pm On May 25, 2020
sugah:

@lyoncrescent please disregard this.
Im also hospital hunting and these were recommended.
Went to both places today and couldn't see gyne. St. Ives gyne closed at 1pm due public holiday but 4pm on regular days and Deseret's gyne only consults on Fridays undecided
I'd be interested in hearing your review of Olan, if you did visit today

We couldn't make it today but we would go to olan tomorrow. I think the key thing for me and my wife is not just the hospital but the experience and competency of the obn/gyn consultant that we are going to see. Not everyone of them is experienced in handling high risk pregnancies even though it's all in the hand of God you want the best care. Olan said we will be seen by Dr Emmanuel soyoola. I checked him out and he seems good. Nothing exceptional that most consultants in Nigeria don't have but I prefer someone who also has empathy.

I remember when we had a miscarriage at over 9 weeks last year at mother and child near omole, I feel we didn't get enough empathy or information or counselling. It was tough and the consultant we saw there later told us that the best thing is to remove the fibroid even though they were not conclusive that the miscarriage was caused by the fibroid and we had been assured that the fibroid won't trouble the child. The bill for the operation was 900k which we were ready to pay but my wife was such in an emotional state that operation wasn't an option . The funny thing is we saw our baby in the ultrasound and the doctor at mother and child said all was fine, an hour later she was in pain and the baby literally came out on its own when she was coughing and stretching in pain. After counseling somewhere else and all, we got pregnant again and here we are. I'm not an expert and I'm sure the doctors did their best but I didn't feel there was enough empathy especially for my wife. That's why we are Searching. All in all,I'm not running down mother and child just sharing my experience and I recognize some of these things are the will of God and no matter how expert the doctor is, God's will will be done however when God's will is done, medical practitioners should show empathy and counselling especially when you literally saw it come out. It is well. We stay strong and we carry till full term.

For Christians in the house, Exodus 23:26 New Living Translation (NLT)
26 There will be no miscarriages or infertility in your land, and I will give you long, full lives.

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 25, 2020
faithlucky:

Yes I always experience this. Anything triggers it for me.
I try as much to keep away from anything that appears scary or saddening or anything that can bring shock.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 7:14pm On May 25, 2020
Dedewizzy:

I'm not a mama but I can relate especially with the mind flying at any little thing you're experiencing as my wife experienced similar. She just put to bed 10 days ago to a healthy baby boy. So it's nothing to be really worried about, just do as your doctor said by not stressing yourself and thinking much. Everything will be ok at the end
Thanks a lot at least am kinda relief
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 7:15pm On May 25, 2020
Ohemababy:

Yes I always experience this. Anything triggers it for me.
I try as much to keep away from anything that appears scary or saddening or anything that can bring shock.

Thanks dear am relieve
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 7:26pm On May 25, 2020
Greetings to all, please I want someone to help me confirm if Solid Rock Hospital in Ojodu Berger is a good one for antenatal and delivery. Please don't ignore, thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 7:55pm On May 25, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

We couldn't make it today but we would go to olan tomorrow. I think the key thing for me and my wife is not just the hospital but the experience and competency of the obn/gyn consultant that we are going to see. Not everyone of them is experienced in handling high risk pregnancies even though it's all in the hand of God you want the best care. Olan said we will be seen by Dr Emmanuel soyoola. I checked him out and he seems good. Nothing exceptional that most consultants in Nigeria don't have but I prefer someone who also has empathy.

I remember when we had a miscarriage at over 9 weeks last year at mother and child near omole, I feel we didn't get enough empathy or information or counselling. It was tough and the consultant we saw there later told us that the best thing is to remove the fibroid even though they were not conclusive that the miscarriage was caused by the fibroid and we had been assured that the fibroid won't trouble the child. The bill for the operation was 900k which we were ready to pay but my wife was such in an emotional state that operation wasn't an option . The funny thing is we saw our baby in the ultrasound and the doctor at mother and child said all was fine, an hour later she was in pain and the baby literally came out on its own when she was coughing and stretching in pain. After counseling somewhere else and all, we got pregnant again and here we are. I'm not an expert and I'm sure the doctors did their best but I didn't feel there was enough empathy especially for my wife. That's why we are Searching. All in all,I'm not running down mother and child just sharing my experience and I recognize some of these things are the will of God and no matter how expert the doctor is, God's will will be done however when God's will is done, medical practitioners should show empathy and counselling especially when you literally saw it come out. It is well. We stay strong and we carry till full term.

26 There will be no miscarriages or infertility in your land, and I will give you long, full lives.
I do understand this and I pray you find all you wish for in the doctor/clinic.
Affliction shall not rise again, I wish you both a healthy pregnancy.
If you haven't already, do get a copy of supernatural childbirth and speak into your child.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Modupetemmy1(f): 8:01pm On May 25, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

if distance is not a barrier to you, you can check federal medical center ebutte metta, its a nice hospital with enough experienced gyneas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 8:04pm On May 25, 2020
miraclebaby:
If you can check everyday it’ll be better since you’re not consistent on the recommended dose. Just to be on safe side

Yes dear. I check every 2 days now and it has been good. Will move to daily if I notice anything.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 8:06pm On May 25, 2020
Modupetemmy1:

if distance is not a barrier to you, you can check federal medical center ebutte metta, its a nice hospital with enough experienced gyneas

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 8:07pm On May 25, 2020
sugah:

If you haven't already, do get a copy of supernatural childbirth and speak into your child.
All the best.

Amen. Thank you. Will do.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 8:20pm On May 25, 2020
I used Solid rock for my first baby and I was satisfied.. Their services are good..plus the staff especially the midwives that took my delivery..the only issue i had is their wards..too small and you have to share cos of HMO.

I switched to Isalu this year and I'm having mt baby there by Gods grace.

[quote author=vinoj0225 post=8992876

Please any idea about Solid Rock Hospital in Ojodu Berger? What's their service like for pregnant women and delivery? Would you recommend such hospital? Please help answer cos I want to know. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 8:26pm On May 25, 2020
Solid rock is a good hospital for maternity and children..they have professional Gyneas..i used them for my 1st baby..i had a 4.2kg baby with vaginal delivery..the midwives were fantastic..
The only issue that made me change was their ward..too small and I had to share at some point cos of HMO..

vinoj0225:
Greetings to all, please I want someone to help me confirm if Solid Rock Hospital in Ojodu Berger is a good one for antenatal and delivery. Please don't ignore, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapheey007(f): 8:33pm On May 25, 2020
sugah:

All the best.

Please, kindly send me a copy of supernatural childbirth. My e-mail is tundehafusat@gmail.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 8:44pm On May 25, 2020
My Birth story/testimony

Ooooh leave me alone, I have told you my ovulation is in two days time, any how you want it, I will give it to you on that day just leave me for today, i told my Dh who wanted to get it (s e X) at all cost that very night. I want it now, tomorrow and in two days time he replied. When I saw that I couldn't resist any longer, I gave inn laying like a log of wood after much pressure from him since he has promised to give it to me back to back. Behold the next day my husband fell sick and all my plans were dashed. He couldn't even give it to me back not to talk of back to back as promised. All hope is not lost, we will try again next month, I consoled myself. I just pray the effect of the dostinex I took dose not fade away I prayed.

I started feeling sick and very tired, could this be malaria? I asked myself, But I just treatment malaria last month. This is unlike me. No strength to sample goods at the shop always feeling very tired and thirsty. It's time I visit the hospital to no What's wrong with me.

All this was happening and I never realized I was already one week late. why don't I just take a pregnancy test before going to the hospital. Positive? how can this be? Forgetting that I had a short time with dh (Man proposes and God disposes) I was filled with joy, my joy knew no bound. My husband was so happy. My miracle pregnancy. In preparation for this pregnancy I treated malaria, typhoid, infection and bought a bottle of dostinex because of my history with high prolactin. The once barren woman is pregnant again for the third time. I gave birth to my first after 12years and since then the ride has been smooth.

Tiredness was my worst nightmare all through dis pregnancy journey.

40weeks, 41weeks passed, baby stayed put. I became very worried. Doc had already told me that if baby stays more than 40weeks I should come for CS which I objected to because I gave birth to Dd at exactly 41weeks via vbacs.

In order to force labour I started exercising, walking hours and eating dates. At exactly 41weeks and 5days (Thursday) I started having menstrual cramps after walking for about an hour and half. It Later graduated to contraction. I couldn't sleep that night because contraction was coming every 30mins. In the morning on Friday contraction started coming every 10min. Dh suggested we go to the hospital and I said no. I was actually waiting for it to come every 5 mins. Later in the afternoon mumcy boiled uda and uziza for me, after drinking it, it was as if the contraction stopped and i was able to sleep for about an hour only to be waken up by dis Wicked contraction which lasted up to 2 mins. I couldn't stand straight. I crawled to the toilet managed to ease myself and crawled back to the sitting room. Mumcy served me food, before I could finish the plate of food, three strong very painful contractions came, it was so painful that I couldn't bare. Wuuuuuuuu I shouted. Mummy what is it? My little boy of 4years asked. The food is very hot my mum answered. Yet again the contraction was coming like every 2mins. Mumcy said it's time to go to the hospital and I immediately told her to bring the bag which I have long packed waiting for the day to come.

Dh was not around so I asked my landlord son to pls take me to navy town (navy hospital). This was about after 7pm. On our way to the hospital my water broke and wow I was having contractions back to back. When we got to the hospital, coming down from the jeep was war, but I still managed to. I couldn't bare the pain any longer, l leaned on the wall with one hand on my forehead and the other on my waist. Somebody help shouted my landlord son. Take her to the labor ward. Answered a passerby. When I was a little bit relieved I walked very fast to the labor ward where I met I very rude nurse. Ehe! ehe! Where is your nosemask? before i answer you, you have to put on your facemask. I reached for it and put it on. So what is it? she asked. can't you see she is in labor? do something to help her answered my neighbor who at that point was very angry with the nurse. Don't disturb be oh, because labor didn't just start now. The nurse relied then turned to me and said Sit down there pointing at the chair opposite her . I couldn't seat because of the excruciating pain I was feeling. When did your water break? Now I replied, holding my neighbor's shoulder i shouted I want to poopoo. it was then she went to fetch my file murmuring.

I was directed to the Labour room and was asked to lay on the bed. to climb the bed na war but I managed to. One other nurse checked me and said I was 9cm then used catheter to drain urine from my bladder and asked me to lay on the right side because of the position of my cervix. I found it very difficult to turn to my right. God! my Tommy was as hard as a rock. I said turn to your right shouted the saucy nurse. Mennnnn I couldn't take the shit from her any longer and I shouted back at her. Keep quiet if you don't have anything to say and don't ever shout at me again because am not your house help, get out of here and allow other to attend to me if you can't. It was then others came to help including the cleaner(nice woman).

I want too poopoo oh! Don't poopoo retorted the nurse. I want to poopoo. Baby is pushing me oh! Baby is pushing me! Baby want to come out! Baby is pushing me ohhhhhh! Madam oya turn upright when you have another contraction push as hard as you can, your baby head is here said one of the nurses. First contraction came, I pushed and pushed no show, the second came pushed still no show. I could only hear from the background that my baby's head is too big. I was told to keep my leg wide open to avoid hutting my baby. Then came the third contraction and I pushed with all the strength left in me and Puum my prince came out crying his lungs out at about 7:59pm weighing 4.7kg with plenty tear.

Stitching!!!!!!! Infact let me cut the story short in other not to bore you, because I saw hell with both eyes. I was stitched without injection. After stitching the outer part, I was still bleeding so another doctor took over with different gynaecological tools. Speculum, forceps, scissors name them. Assisted by two other doctors.This our jajana na plastic. My cervix was turn, the walls of the vj were turn . In fact four places were stitched inside with no injection. It took about three hours before they could detect where the bleeding was coming from. Mind you, it was baby that gave me all these tears oh. Ahusirim anya.

To God be all the glory. I look at ifenna my prince and smile because he is worth all I went through.

70 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 8:54pm On May 25, 2020
cyndyuc:
BA
Join me to thank God as I welcomed my Prince charming yesterday 24th May, 2020.
Edd:30th May
Dob: 24th May
Weight: 3.4kg without tears
BS loading

Cc Angeltolly.
I wish all remaining May mamas safe delivery. It will surely end in praise.
congratulations mama and welcome to your prince charming.
May mama's just giving is back to back BA.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:11pm On May 25, 2020
cyndyuc:
BA
Join me to thank God as I welcomed my Prince charming yesterday 24th May, 2020.
Edd:30th May
Dob: 24th May
Weight: 3.4kg without tears
BS loading

Cc Angeltolly.
I wish all remaining May mamas safe delivery. It will surely end in praise.

Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 9:29pm On May 25, 2020
vinoj0225:

Good hospital to the best of my knowledge. My pastor's wife and another big friend had their babies there. Great service but truly, their wards are small. Apart from that, no bad report.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:09pm On May 25, 2020
hapheey007:

Please, kindly send me a copy of supernatural childbirth. My e-mail is t*@gmail.com
Done

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 10:18pm On May 25, 2020
goldendollars:
I used Solid rock for my first baby and I was satisfied.. Their services are good..plus the staff especially the midwives that took my delivery..the only issue i had is their wards..too small and you have to share cos of HMO.

I switched to Isalu this year and I'm having mt baby there by Gods grace.

Thank you so much I'm grateful for this feedback.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 10:37pm On May 25, 2020
threegees:

Good hospital to the best of my knowledge. My pastor's wife and another big friend had their babies there. Great service but truly, their wards are small. Apart from that, no bad report.

Thank you for this feedback. If they have good services, then it's okay. Thanks again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 10:39pm On May 25, 2020
lioha:
My Birth story/testimony

Ooooh leave me alone, I have told you my ovulation is in two days time, any how you want it, I will give it to you on that day just leave me for today, i told my Dh who wanted to get it (s e X) at all cost that very night. I want it now, tomorrow and in two days time he replied. When I saw that I couldn't resist any longer, I gave inn laying like a log of wood after much pressure from him since he has promised to give it to me back to back. Behold the next day my husband fell sick and all my plans were dashed. He couldn't even give it to me back not to talk of back to back as promised. All hope is not lost, we will try again next month, I consoled myself. I just pray the effect of the dostinex I took dose not fade away I prayed.

I started feeling sick and very tired, could this be malaria? I asked myself, But I just treatment malaria last month. This is unlike me. No strength to sample goods at the shop always feeling very tired and thirsty. It's time I visit the hospital to no What's wrong with me.

All this was happening and I never realized I was already one week late. why don't I just take a pregnancy test before going to the hospital. Positive? how can this be? Forgetting that I had a short time with dh (Man proposes and God disposes) I was filled with joy, my joy knew no bound. My husband was so happy. My miracle pregnancy. In preparation for this pregnancy I treated malaria, typhoid, infection and bought a bottle of dostinex because of my history with high prolactin. The once barren woman is pregnant again for the third time. I gave birth to my first after 12years and since then the ride has been smooth.

Tiredness was my worst nightmare all through dis pregnancy journey.

40weeks, 41weeks passed, baby stayed put. I became very worried. Doc had already told me that if baby stays more than 40weeks I should come for CS which I objected to because I gave birth to Dd at exactly 41weeks via vbacs.

In order to force labour I started exercising, walking hours and eating dates. At exactly 41weeks and 5days (Thursday) I started having menstrual cramps after walking for about an hour and half. It Later graduated to contraction. I couldn't sleep that night because contraction was coming every 30mins. In the morning on Friday contraction started coming every 10min. Dh suggested we go to the hospital and I said no. I was actually waiting for it to come every 5 mins. Later in the afternoon mumcy boiled uda and uziza for me, after drinking it, it was as if the contraction stopped and i was able to sleep for about an hour only to be waken up by dis Wicked contraction which lasted up to 2 mins. I couldn't stand straight. I crawled to the toilet managed to ease myself and crawled back to the sitting room. Mumcy served me food, before I could finish the plate of food, three strong very painful contractions came, it was so painful that I couldn't bare. Wuuuuuuuu I shouted. Mummy what is it? My little boy of 4years asked. The food is very hot my mum answered. Yet again the contraction was coming like every 2mins. Mumcy said it's time to go to the hospital and I immediately told her to bring the bag which I have long packed waiting for the day to come.

Dh was not around so I asked my landlord son to pls take me to navy town (navy hospital). This was about after 7pm. On our way to the hospital my water broke and wow I was having contractions back to back. When we got to the hospital, coming down from the jeep was war, but I still managed to. I couldn't bare the pain any longer, l leaned on the wall with one hand on my forehead and the other on my waist. Somebody help shouted my landlord son. Take her to the labor ward. Answered a passerby. When I was a little bit relieved I walked very fast to the labor ward where I met I very rude nurse. Ehe! ehe! Where is your nosemask? before i answer you, you have to put on your facemask. I reached for it and put it on. So what is it? she asked. can't you see she is in labor? do something to help her answered my neighbor who at that point was very angry with the nurse. Don't disturb be oh, because labor didn't just start now. The nurse relied then turned to me and said Sit down there pointing at the chair opposite her . I couldn't seat because of the excruciating pain I was feeling. When did your water break? Now I replied, holding my neighbor's shoulder i shouted I want to poopoo. it was then she went to fetch my file murmuring.

I was directed to the Labour room and was asked to lay on the bed. to climb the bed na war but I managed to. One other nurse checked me and said I was 9cm then used catheter to drain urine from my bladder and asked me to lay on the right side because of the position of my cervix. I found it very difficult to turn to my right. God! my Tommy was as hard as a rock. I said turn to your right shouted the saucy nurse. Mennnnn I couldn't take the shit from her any longer and I shouted back at her. Keep quiet if you don't have anything to say and don't ever shout at me again because am not your house help, get out of here and allow other to attend to me if you can't. It was then others came to help including the cleaner(nice woman).

I want too poopoo oh! Don't poopoo retorted the nurse. I want to poopoo. Baby is pushing me oh! Baby is pushing me! Baby want to come out! Baby is pushing me ohhhhhh! Madam oya turn upright when you have another contraction push as hard as you can, your baby head is here said one of the nurses. First contraction came, I pushed and pushed no show, the second came pushed still no show. I could only hear from the background that my baby's head is too big. I was told to keep my leg wide open to avoid hutting my baby. Then came the third contraction and I pushed with all the strength left in me and Puum my prince came out crying his lungs out at about 7:59pm weighing 4.7kg with plenty tear.

Stitching!!!!!!! Infact let me cut the story short in other not to bore you, because I saw hell with both eyes. I was stitched without injection. After stitching the outer part, I was still bleeding so another doctor took over with different gynaecological tools. Speculum, forceps, scissors name them. Assisted by two other doctors.This our jajana na plastic. My cervix was turn, the walls of the vj were turn . In fact four places were stitched inside with no injection. It took about three hours before they could detect where the bleeding was coming from. Mind you, it was baby that gave me all these tears oh. Ahusirim anya.

To God be all the glory. I look at ifenna my prince and smile because he is worth all I went through.

Don't want to cut this your BS as I quote you. Very interesting BS, had to read again. Good you responded to that nurse but above all thank God it was a success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.