Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8154450 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5678) (5679) (5680) (5681) (5682) (5683) (5684) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lyoncrescent:
Good afternoon, so we went to olan hospital today recommended by ohemababy on this platform and we saw Dr soyoola. He took his time to explain and I actually saw empathy in his words though he told us to buckle up for some pain cos of the huge sizes of the fibroid. He told us if we want to pray, we should pray to deliver safely with grace of God and not just praying against the fibroid . He also explained the technicalities. However he said we need to do a cervical cerclage operation which they want to charge over 300k for. Their antenatal is 150k and doesn't cover scan. Scan fee during ante natal is 7500 per scan. Today we paid 20k for consulting and another 15 k for the scan making 35k. It's pricey but he seems to know what he's doing and he takes his time to explain the technicalities in a simple way. So baby is fine though the fibroids are above it.

Please is there anyone that has done this cervical cerclage procedure before and can you recommend where you did it and how much . Some said ayinke house can do it . Mind you the 300k olan is charging doesn't include the two days admission for the procedure and all the tests required which may easily take the costs to 400k. I can use them for the antenatal cos I like the doctor and their staff seem nice but I need a second opinion on whether I can do the procedure elsewhere. Thank you.

By the way today was the first time we saw the baby dancing in the scan. It was very exciting.

Scan for 7500 which hospital is this pricey pls follow omojudy advice she has much experience there.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Fertilady:
Good morning momma's, I am new on this platform. I came from the TTC group. My EDD is 30th January, 2021
You’re highly welcome ma. Happy bumping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Omojudy:

How did you confirm his diagnosis anyway? By persuasive compassion? All hospitals are taking new cases in all departments, especially govt hospitals because sicknesses other than Covid exist and there are centers for Covid not them!

He only showed us on the scan that the distance between the cervix and the baby is short and that due to the nature of the last miscarriage where the baby came out on its own after some pain that the cervix is probably weak. That was his explanation. But with what you've said, we are not far from ayinke house. Will breeze in tomorrow to see if we can see someone in the private wing there. Thank you but if you know any hospital where we can get a second opinion either government or private or where we can get the procedure done if needed, I'm open to suggestions. This forum is more useful than using Google. Thanks a lot for your response. Appreciate it.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
ambient:

Scan for 7500 which hospital is this pricey pls follow omojudy advice she has much experience there.

The scan normally is 15k. The 7500 for scan is a discount you get when you pay 150k for antenatal. It's pricey true true. I've done scan for 2k before in a small hospital in ikorodu one time and I saw the baby just that the olan scan truly looks like a machine . smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

He only showed us on the scan that the distance between the cervix and the baby is short and that due to the nature of the last miscarriage where the baby came out on its own after some pain that the cervix is probably weak. That was his explanation. But with what you've said, we are not far from ayinke house. Will breeze in tomorrow to see if we can see someone in the private wing there. Thank you but if you know any hospital where we can get a second opinion either government or private or where we can get the procedure done if needed, I'm open to suggestions. This forum is more useful than using Google. Thanks a lot for your response. Appreciate it.
Present all you know before and all he told and gave you to the consultant you will see in ayinke. Request the same type of scan he did if you know the name.
It's not really money that is my problem afterall people use Lagoon. It's just I don't see any conviction in the story. I have been carried away by doctors before so I don't look at that much.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamhistreasure: 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
miraclebaby:
You’re highly welcome dear. Healthy and Happy bumping
Thank you mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iwinnie(f): 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
miraclebaby:
It’s part of the package ma. At least you’re at the finish line. It’ll fade on its own after delivery so you’ve got nothing to worry about.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Omojudy:

Present all you know before and all he told and gave you to the consultant you will see in ayinke. Request the same type of scan he did if you know the name.
It's not really money that is my problem afterall people use Lagoon. It's just I don't see any conviction in the story. I have been carried away by doctors before so I don't look at that much.

Thank you so much for this advice. God bless you. I will take this advice and we will go to ayinke house to see a consultant. Thank you once again. Funny thing is my mum and brother in law also recommended Ayinke house from day one but the whole COVID-19 scare is what put us off a d the wrong info we got that they are only seeing emergency patients. My mum doesn't like private profit driven hospitals at all and she also believes the government hospitals more.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adet991(f): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slayingjo:
thank u so much for checking up on us. Chai! Not easy at all but I thank God for strength. Iam still spitting none stop. I av used everything useable all no gree work. I also feel the pressure sometimes around my jajina. Abeg na only me waka come? Am 29weeks gone. Kaduna is still on partial lockdown and av not been able to shop. I can fear online shopping due to past experience hmmm. I greet u all my course mate. May God see us all thru.
for the spitting aspect try eating cucumber, I've been using it for more than 2 weeks now and it works

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ohemababy:

We dey o.

Funny enough at this point am not feeling pregnant at all. I feel so normal. No bitter mouth, no headache. No tiredness sef. Energy nko. E boku wella.

But lately na fear fear things o. The closer I get to the D day the more anxious and fearful I am.
Been through this before, no complications and stuff but aswear am so worried.

I cant wait for it be over and done with. But what about the whole process.
May God deliver me from fear.
fear not, God has not given us the spirit of fear but the power to trample upon snake nd scorpions, don't worry the good lord dat has started the work, will perfect it until the day of ur delivery, we r all coming out with our little ones, no complications shall arise dat day. Don't forget our slogan SNEEZE AND DELIVER.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2020
FloraEC:

Sis, I'm not even bothered about the weight thing.
Hope you are good
We bless God.
No need to bother about it like you said, it will go as it came wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
iwinnie:
good morning sabi mama's.

Am battling with skin tags, its on my neck and now am seeing few ones on my breast and the round dark area towards my nipple.

has anyone experience this and what did you use?

help am due this month and I don't like seeing it on the breast that I'll breastfeed my cutie.

Safe delivery to everyone here
I've the same on my face and neck

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
cutiereborn:

We bless God.
No need to bother about it like you said, it will go as it came wink
Weighed 98kg with my DD, 3m ppt I was 60kg. Dunno what happened
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2020
FloraEC:

Weighed 98kg with my DD, 3m ppt I was 60kg. Dunno what happened
I am jealous of your kind of body kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by P4perissos: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2020
I’m new here� please welcome me. I’m 20weeks gone, EDD October 23rd. First time mum.
Please I’m battling with serious pimples and my skin is dull. Is there anything I can use? I’m naturally light skinned, what can I use ? Thank you

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
spixytinxy:
fear not, God has not given us the spirit of fear but the power to trample upon snake nd scorpions, don't worry the good lord dat has started the work, will perfect it until the day of ur delivery, we r all coming out with our little ones, no complications shall arise dat day. Don't forget our slogan SNEEZE AND DELIVER.

Amen. Thanks maam
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Omojudy:

Beautiful. Na so the gowns I buy take name my twins Wey I be plan to use for dedication too, don go small pass them as the lockdown prevented a dedication yet.

Lol
Babies grow really fast
My love to your twin girls kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ebonybiuty: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
zaynie:
I also have these lovely christening wears for both boys and girls.

5000N each.

This is beautiful ma. Pls I am interested, kindly contact me on ebonybiuty@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2020
P4perissos:
I’m new here� please welcome me. I’m 20weeks gone, EDD October 23rd. First time mum.
Please I’m battling with serious pimples and my skin is dull. Is there anything I can use? I’m naturally light skinned, what can I use ? Thank you

Yaaay.... Another teamie.
You're very welcome!

I don't advice you use anything cos it normally would clear off after delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2020
TEAM OCTOBER 2020

Faithful is He who has blessed our wombs with fruitfulness. Faithful is He who will see us through this course till the end. We will all carry our healthy babies, mother and father alive and rejoicing in Jesus name.

Name EDD Gender

1. threegees....... 06/10...... XX
2. Annaseyi.......... 22/10..... Unknown
3. Pearl05............. 22/10..... Unknown
4. bukit05............. 07/10...... XY
5. Soulmate19..... 14/10....... Unknown
6. Ewaifeoluwa..... 25/10...... Unknown
7. divanita............. 23/10...... Unknown
8. ojantelle............ 23/10...... Unknown
9. adet991............. 11/10...... Unknown
10. mayysen............ 27/10...... Unknown
11. Tessicatess...... 02/10....... XX
12. Mumsyfife......... 23/10...... Unknown
13. Teddynne.......... 10/10...... Unknown
14. Deolaw.............. 09/10...... XY
15. Engraced247.... 07/10...... Unknown
16. serendipityF...... 19/10..... Unknown
17. missmalachi...... 25/10...twin.... Unknown
18. Modupetemmy1.. 02/10..... Unknown
19. P4perissos...........23/10..... Unknown

#SupernaturalDelivery
#NoLossNoComplications

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
purplish:
*Coming out of ghost mode* cheesy

First time mum to be here! DH and I really got busy throughout the lock down wink Got my BFP last month and I am about 6 weeks gone now.

Already feeling overwhelmed as I was admitted in the hospital last week for malaria and only recently stopped throwing up everything I eat. In all, I am thankful for this gift that is growing within me and I could really use the support from this amazing thread.

Any other mums to be with EDD in January 2021? Our babies will be a.k.a. Corofunmilayo and Corodele grin

Praying for everyone expecting their LO soonest. May your joy be full.
You are welcome mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FairyGodmother: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lyoncrescent:

I will have to visit ayinke house for the procedure but will probably do the antenatal and other things with olan . Last I tried someone said they said they are receiving only emergency patients due to Corona virus . Hospital hopping isn't easy but if not for today, none of the previous doctors we saw told us the cervix was short/ weak and a cerclage would be needed . Thanks for the advice
I guess the previous doctors never mentioned short cervix & cerclage cos the pregnancies never got to the point where the cervix starts to shorten/efface. I think the doctor now is proffering cerclage as a preventative measure cos of the history of miscarriages and the huge fibroids that may cause the cervix to dilate before term. I agree with Omojudy, look for a cheaper option. I am in the eastern part of the country and fortunately our health care services are not so pricey like in Lagos. I paid only 36k for the cerclage procedure and will pay 2k5 for the removal when the time comes.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
FairyGodmother:

I guess the previous doctors never mentioned short cervix & cerclage cos the pregnancies never got to the point where the cervix starts to shorten/efface. I think the doctor now is proffering cerclage as a preventative measure cos of the history of miscarriages and the huge fibroids that may cause the cervix to dilate before term. I agree with Omojudy, look for a cheaper option. I am in the eastern part of the country and fortunately our health care services are not so pricey like in Lagos. I paid only 36k for the cerclage procedure and will pay 2k5 for the removal when the time comes.
See affordability! Govt hospital?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spixytinxy(f): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ohemababy:

Amen. Thanks maam
u welcome dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriaakin24(f): 12:53am On Jun 07, 2020
Mama's in the house please help me I know it very late but pls help me my one year plus baby girl is experiencing itching skin with irritation like insect bites on her skin it appears for some minutes after itching and disappears it started yesterday at mid night I bath her change d bed sheet and apply tribotan cream d itching stopped only for it to start again this evening I did what I did before it stopped and right now it has started again
I av used bagon flit to flit the house earlier and she's wearing covered clothing, she's not having any fever and we usually sleep inside mosquito net. I just don't know what is causing the itching.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Since sleep did not come grin let me share this tip, if you are having heartburn In pregnancy just take a slice of water melon. I usually have heartburn most evening, so I read about water melon stuff, I bought and ate it and the effect was almost immediately. I don't know if it will work for others sha o. Okay good night grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FairyGodmother: 2:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Omojudy:

See affordability! Govt hospital?
No o.. Na private hospital o. It's among the best hospital in gynaecology and maternity for my vicinity...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 6:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Ayaoye:
Since sleep did not come grin let me share this tip, if you are having heartburn In pregnancy just take a slice of water melon. I usually have heartburn most evening, so I read about water melon stuff, I bought and ate it and the effect was almost immediately. I don't know if it will work for others sha o. Okay good night grin

Thanks mama grin grin, I will stock up on watermelon, hopefully it will work for me too.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 6:43am On Jun 07, 2020
Ayaoye:
This my teamie na regular customer for not sleeping in the night. Thanks for this tip, I'll try it as me and heartburn now na 5 and 6.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 6:46am On Jun 07, 2020
FloraEC:

Thanks cappo
I'm doing great, sorry for being Mia.
Currently 32 weeks gone.
I really want to birth next month by His Grace.. Would start cleaning the tips and taking Queens pineapple by 37wks that would be 2nd week of July
My appetite is second to none, dizzy spell got me today.
Current craving is roasted corn.
I drank a big bowl of golden scoop chocolate ice-cream yesterday and I swear my sugar level messed me up in the night
My tummy is down so my waddling now ehh like someone breeze is carrying.
Is well
It is well, teamie. Everyone is praying to port these days. The tiredness is on another level. The most important thing is safe delivery. Swift delivery to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 07, 2020
Hi folks,

We are pregnant and it's our first. We did pregnancy test early March and it was confirmed positive.

But we have not started ante-natal. I ensure she gets fruits and vegetables especially watermelons, apples and carrot. Yeah! She now loves carrot more than Australian rabbits grin.

Covid-19 affected our finances and almost brought us to a low. By we are getting back fast on our feet and I wish her to start her ante-natal since covid-19 scare is gradually fizzling out.

How do we start? Any advice on how to care for my paragon of angelic beauty and our babies will be greatly appreciated. I used babies cos I know I told God I wanted twins, and I wanted it this year and He got us pregnant around late Jan/Feb.

My angels complains of aches and she often asks for a rub or a massage. Her elder sister says she shouldn't worry since she can start by 6th -7th month. She is experienced as she has 4 kids. But what do I know?

I don't like hospital either, but I don't have a choice right now, do I?

My angel does not leave the house any more cos she is kinda shy of all eyes feasting on her. Yoruba people can look person for Africa. She is an ambivert, so I quite understand her plights.

I would love for her to take short distance walk and do a few squatting to get her engine warmed up. if not up and running. I am worried all she does is sleep, watch her favourite TV shows and eat. It's on a repeat mode. Do I allow her to continue this routine? Or should I get us joggers for evening stroll even though she won't welcome the idea? Anything that will keep my angel healthy is my priority, regardless of comfort.

Lastly, I will love to know what my expectations should be as a father. I need to make financial and ancillary plans. I don't want to disappoint, even salaries have not been coming in. She resigned due to this and COVID-19. It was my decision.

I had planned on giving them the very best, even though my finances are saying otherwise right now, I still have about 3 months to get it up and running,I will soon double my income and give them they very best. I will be grateful to get a rough estimate to aid my plans. I do not wish to be taking by surprise.

Is it too late to start anti-natal at the end of this month?

Other than the aforesaid, and the fact that she loves to sleep under air-conditioning and seldom gets any sleep when electricity is gone, there is nothing to worry about.

Just on the side, I am now an automatic chef cos if she cooks, she finds it difficult to eat. I am also Okon cos I run the errands and shopping, but I can't complain cos this is exactly what I asked God for and he didn't deny me on the alter of Mark 11:24. We got married in June 2016.

Thanks for having me here. I am super excited I am gonna be a father of 3 soon. The only one I have now is making too much yanga (akor) for me. grin

47 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:13am On Jun 07, 2020
bimberry1307:

It is well, teamie. Everyone is praying to port these days. The tiredness is on another level. The most important thing is safe delivery. Swift delivery to us all.
Porting is needed seriously
At 37wks baby is termed so I don't mind.
Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5678) (5679) (5680) (5681) (5682) (5683) (5684) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.