Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150121 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5798) (5799) (5800) (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyHalo(f): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Rekhi:
Happy Sunday,teamies...Hope we're all doing fine and gbeing body?...May it end in praise for us all(amen)
I am fine, I've just been having cattarh for some days now. I have been doing inhalation with aboniki and drinking warm water. I don't know if it's safe to use aboniki in pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2020
*TEAM FEB 2021 GOD'S WILLING*

MONIKER. EDD

MummyHalo. Feb 26
xeexee1. Feb 13
Rekhi Feb 14
temitope009. Feb 28
MeynaTK Feb 08
olufummy02 Feb 09
asagal. Feb 15
Adezeal1. Feb 07
Brownishshuga. Feb 08
Phunmilola

The ministry is growing.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Temitope009(f): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2020
MummyHalo:

I am fine, I've just been having cattarh for some days now. I have been doing inhalation with aboniki and drinking warm water. I don't know if it's safe to use aboniki in pregnancy.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Sorry about that
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownishshuga: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2020
Rekhi:
Happy Sunday,teamies...Hope we're all doing fine and gbeing body?...May it end in praise for us all(amen)
Amen. I am doing okay. We’re 15 weeks gone today
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pojomojo: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Yes
Babygal2020:

Are you working with a Gynaecologist?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Good morning preggy, vigilante and GTC mamas, hope you all had a nice night.
The thrift items below and more are available for sale, kindly click on this WhatsApp link https:///message/MQGNHZVSCHPQK1
to chat with me directly for any enquiry, to view pictures or to place your orders.
You can also visit my instagram page @remkiddiesthrift for more pictures and to place your orders.
Thanks and do have a beautiful week ahead.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:54am On Aug 17, 2020
Modupetemmy1:

madam your own even better, my own be say vex just dey catch me so tey I just dey remember people wey don offend me teytey na so my vex come dey triple, I vex so tey I carry phone text oga say I no do again say we are now roommate and nothing more that he should even work his transfer out of Lagos to another state cos I don't want to see him again , the guy man just dey look me say which kind thing be this, he just replied me say he understand say make I just take am easy make I no hurt myself .lol
later me sef come dey look say which kind thing be this ooo, na so so pepper body just dey pepper me
mama take it easy on urself. It is a phase that will soon pass.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
MummyHalo:

Yes,aboniki is safe...U can also get Vit. C tab,and take more fruits....Sorry,It's well with us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
@Oolayeancah , Welcome to the lovely team of November. We are proud of you joining us. We are #TeamNoLoss. along with other team.

Kindly furnish us with your EDD and Gender if known already.

Once again, Welcome onboard.

19CannyMum:

@ToyosiR

Thanks so much for the attention. Muah.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
MummyHalo:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Deeedeee:

No be like that oooo ma'am.
I have two EDD, one is December 10
And the other is Nov 23...

I just dey look and wait For God's time and date, only his date I trust . As a FTM, I just dey confuse...
Anyways, baby is kicking every minutes, gotten my two TT injection.

Sitting on the fence between DEC / NOVEMBER.

Ohhh, Now I get. Anytime, the baby is ready after fully baked is fine.

God will see us through the journey with his mercy and it shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Brownishshuga:
Amen. I am doing okay. We’re 15 weeks gone today
We thank God for that..it will end in praise by God's Grace (amen)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
MummyD2020:
Good day elegant mamas! I noticed that I have not seen much of nov roll calls lately. And few of us have also decided to come out of our shells recently. Aug and dec teams are gladly flooding the whole place and its exciting. Abeg where our honourable cappo dey abi she need assistance?( runs away while dodging stones and holding her big bump)!

Sweet mama, I just dey over busy since this days nio... Abeg I no mind assistance sef(Come back here, Abeg, Na true you talk ooo)

Work don they need me more now making it a bit stressful logging onto Nairaland.

We have called the rollcall for August earlier in the month. I am really glad our lovely mamas are now showing face. It means we are really warming up.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
estherdabs:
I am in team November
EDD is 10Nov
Gender XY

The doctor keep saying that the taperule measurement does not really with my scan dates.. Any advice as I really desire VD instead of CS but people say it could be that the baby is big and there is nothing I can do about it...
Please any advice from experienced mum? I am a first timer

My legs are also swollen at 27weeks...

Welcome to teamNovember. We wish you a smooth ride and a easy delivery.
If baby is big, there is really nothing you could do about it.
Your Doctor will also guide you on the way to go about it. Kindly note that any advice contradicting your gynea's own needs to be discussed with him/her first before acting on it.

Other mamas here with similar experience could also help out.

Secondly, Yes, You desire VD as against CS which is good but please be open to any of the 2 based on your doctor's advice. All we want is Safe Delivery, Healthy Mother and Healthy baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
Our are we all doing.
Our teamNovember is moving to the promise land bit by bit. We praise God for this. Some of us are now in the final trimester while some are marching on to it.

Because we have added a couple of sweet fans in our team, there is a need for mid-August roll call for team November.

Kindly answer your roll call and tell us our you are feeling. We will appreciate giving us your gender once its known to update.

ROLL CALL FOR NOVEMBER 2020
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER
ToyosiR -----------Nov 12-----------XY
lagra -------------Nov xx-----------UNKNOWN
cheeketo ----------Nov 04-----------XY
Shemmyglo ---------Nov 24-----------XX
mayornmn -----------Nov 25-----------XX
JOANDIVA ----------Nov 10-----------XY
McPerry -----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
chylove9000 --------Nov 11-----------UNKNOWN
mobi123 ------------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
Goodmorning2u ------Nov 07-----------UNKNOWN
pweetyoge ----------Nov 13-----------UNKNOWN
faithlucky ---------Nov 26-----------UNKNOWN
Teewhyjo -----------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
barbie047 ----------Nov 05-----------UNKNOWN
OumKhadeejah ------Nov 13-----------XX
Deeedeee ----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
Gentlemum ---------Nov 12-----------UNKNOWN
IamGreen1 ---------Nov 25-----------XX
Oolayeancah ------Nov XX-----------UNKNOWN
estherdabs ------Nov 10-----------XY
#TeamHealthyMother&Baby
#TeamHappyDelivery
#TeamNoLossAllGain

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bilsworld61: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
*TEAM FEB 2021 GOD'S WILLING*

MONIKER. EDD

MummyHalo. Feb 26
xeexee1. Feb 13
Rekhi Feb 14
temitope009. Feb 28
MeynaTK Feb 08
olufummy02 Feb 09
asagal. Feb 15
Adezeal1. Feb 07
Brownishshuga. Feb 08
Phunmilola

The ministry is growing.

pls add me for team Feb ma...EDD Feb 12

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
i have dropped my gender since, pls update. It's XY
[Wequote author=ToyosiR post=92916725]Our are we all doing.
Our teamNovember is moving to the promise land bit by bit. We praise God for this. Some of us are now in the final trimester while some are marching on to it.

Because we have added a couple of sweet fans in our team, there is a need for mid-August roll call for team November.

Kindly answer your roll call and tell us our you are feeling. We will appreciate giving us your gender once its known to update.

ROLL CALL FOR NOVEMBER 2020
MONIKER--------------EDD------------GENDER
ToyosiR -----------Nov 12-----------XY
lagra -------------Nov xx-----------UNKNOWN
cheeketo ----------Nov 04-----------UNKNOWN
Shemmyglo ---------Nov 24-----------XX
mayornmn -----------Nov 25-----------XX
JOANDIVA ----------Nov 10-----------XY
McPerry -----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
chylove9000 --------Nov 11-----------UNKNOWN
mobi123 ------------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
Goodmorning2u ------Nov 07-----------UNKNOWN
pweetyoge ----------Nov 13-----------UNKNOWN
faithlucky ---------Nov 26-----------UNKNOWN
Teewhyjo -----------Nov 17-----------UNKNOWN
barbie047 ----------Nov 05-----------UNKNOWN
OumKhadeejah ------Nov 13-----------XX
Deeedeee ----------Nov 23-----------UNKNOWN
Gentlemum ---------Nov 12-----------UNKNOWN
IamGreen1 ---------Nov 25-----------XX
Oolayeancah ------Nov XX-----------UNKNOWN
estherdabs ------Nov 10-----------XY
#TeamHealthyMother&Baby
#TeamHappyDelivery
#TeamNoLossAllGain[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
cheeketo:
i have dropped my gender since, pls update. It's XY

Modified. Sorry for the oversight
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meefe: 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
sunbestie:
U can try taking ice/chilled water, lemon water, oral drip... Just try and look for a way to keep something in ur stomach.. D weakness will reduce small. Be strong it is a stage that will pass soon.

I thought I heard Lemon is harmful to the baby?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adet991(f): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2020
MummyHalo:

I'll advise you ask your doctor because mine said it's not good for the health of the baby and that the aboniki or robb will not work for the mother
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oolayeancah(f): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=ToyosiR post=92915836]@Oolayeancah , Welcome to the lovely team of November. We are proud of you joining us. We are #TeamNoLoss. along with other team.

Kindly furnish us with your EDD and Gender if known already.

Once again, Welcome onboard.

Thanks Cappo.. EDD is Nov. 4th ... Gender is XY
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=Oolayeancah post=92925619][/quote]

Duly noted ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2020

What to know about Third Trimester: Week 28 to 40

As you approach the third trimester of pregnancy, your baby’s development is rapid and it’s common to experience aches and pains as the weight you’re carrying increases.

You might soon begin to feel the urge to ‘nest’ and get everything ready for the new addition to your family. It can be an incredibly exciting time, but also a frustrating one if you’re like most mums who can’t wait to meet their baby. It’s also perfectly natural to feel nervous about labour

Your baby’s development during the third trimester

In the third and final trimester your baby will triple in weight. Although not quite ready to greet the world just yet, your baby is now almost fully formed with well-developed organs that will continue to mature until birth.

Your baby’s senses are developing; their eyes are capable of seeing and registering the world around them and they can taste, touch and recognize your voice.

By the time you’re 34 weeks pregnant, your baby is putting on weight in the form of fat to help them regulate their body temperature and to keep them warm after birth. Their bones are continuing to harden at this stage too. You should continue to eat a wide variety of healthy foods to support you both.

By the 37th week, your baby is considered full-term because they’re so big now, you’ll feel even their smallest movements inside you. As their birth approaches, it’s important to maintain your balanced diet, making sure you get enough nutrients like calcium, which is also important while breastfeeding.

What should I eat during the third trimester?
As their birth approaches, it’s important to maintain your balanced diet, making sure you get enough nutrients.

Getting into good habits now will make it easier to continue eating the nutrients your baby needs once you start breastfeeding.

To support your baby’s healthy development, a healthy & complete diet is essential:

Long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) are types of omega-3 fatty acids. They are essential for the healthy growth and development of your baby’s brain and eyes. They are especially important during the last three months of pregnancy, when your baby’s brain really starts to grow. LCPs may be associated with improved visual and brain development in infancy, which is why LCPs continue to be important postnatally. After your baby is born, you will be able to pass these nutrients on through your breastmilk, which naturally contains LCPs, although the levels will vary depending on your diet, so try to keep up your LCPs stores with the right foods. The main sources of omega-3 LCPs are fresh, oily fish, like mackerel or sardines, so try to eat two portions each week. It’s not recommended that you eat more than this as these fish can contain pollutants, like mercury. Fish oil supplements are also not advised in pregnancy as they can contain high levels of vitamin A which could be unsafe for your developing baby.
Although feeling breathless is common at this stage, shortness of breath can also be a sign of anaemia. Anaemia is caused by a deficiency in iron and you’re more likely to develop it during pregnancy. It’s treated simply by adding extra sources of iron to your diet – through food or supplements. If you’re also feeling tired all the time this can be another sign of anaemia, so speak to your doctor.
You can read more iron and other the vitamins and minerals you need during pregnancy, and find out which foods contain the highest levels in our diet and nutrition section.

Your growing bump may be putting extra pressure on your bladder at this stage, but it’s still important to drink enough water and stay hydrated.
There’s no doubt that being heavily pregnant can be extremely tiring. You’re not only carrying the extra weight around, but your body is working to supply your baby with energy and nutrients. You’re bound to need a lot of energy.
But with your baby taking up most of the space your stomach used to have, you may find that your appetite has reduced. If you don’t feel like eating large portions, try to graze on healthy snacks throughout the day and either side of your meals – this will ensure your baby and you are receiving a steady supply of energy.
Try these healthy, energy-filled snacks:
Dip pieces of fruit into yogurt
Add yogurt to a bowl of mixed fruit and cereal
Dip pitta bread in hummus or salsa
Take fresh fruit with you, or carry dried fruits in your handbag to snack on while you’re out and about.
Your health during the third trimester
Cramps, joint pain, heartburn and a weak bladder can make it difficult to sleep at this stage. Lying on your left side will release the pressure your baby may be putting on the main vein which circulates blood through our body, thus improving your circulation, digestion, kidney and liver function. Sleeping on your back can result in palpitations and even low blood pressure. Many mums sleep with extra pillows positioned between slightly bent knees, under the bump and behind the back for support. Try not to drink just before bedtime and remember to empty your bladder fully before you go to sleep.

If you’re feeling tired and overheated at the moment, it’s because your body is working harder to nurture your baby and support their extra weight – the more blood that your body circulates to both of you, the more calories needed and the warmer you become.

If you’re too hot, why not try some of these ideas to cool you down:

Keep a gel mask in the fridge for those times when you’re resting
Put your hands and wrists under cold running water to cool your blood down
A cooling spray, mini-fan or water spritzer stashed in your handbag will refresh you when you’re out and about
Drink lots of water – it’ll keep you cool and re-hydrate the fluids you’ve lost through sweating.

Lifted from https://www.aptafrica.com/en-ng/pregnancy/third-trimester/?gclid=CjwKCAjw1ej5BRBhEiwAfHyh1DZKuPGMiiyVuILnsy2Bh4ynC3osUdq81xih8FN8wAjWtb-DZPpsPRoC4K0QAvD_BwE

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
sugah:

Have you tried using coke?
that’s used to be my best drink until now, the mere sight of it irritates my stomach, my husband had to give everything out
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beegail1(f): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
I really don't know what to say except throwing up has become part of me at this early stage and only God knows how long this is going to continue. Wish there is something i can do. Food I can't eat.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Waydex01: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone,My wife sent this to me?is it positive?just want to reconfirm.Thanks

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rosebell(f): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Waydex01:
Hello everyone,My wife sent this to me?is it positive?just want to reconfirm.Thanks

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suilois(f): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Waydex01:
yes it is
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
Waydex01:
Yes, it's a BFP...Congrats,papa...easy journey and safe delivery in advance to ur wife
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
Waydex01:
So positive. Congrats sir
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Waydex01: 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Thanks for your responses,will advise her to join this thread

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deeedeee: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
ToyosiR:

Ohhh, Now I get. Anytime, the baby is ready after fully baked is fine.

God will see us through the journey with his mercy and it shall end in praise.

Amen.. Thanks for checking up on us... I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (5798) (5799) (5800) (5801) (5802) (5803) (5804) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.