Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8153365 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5839) (5840) (5841) (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:08am On Sep 09, 2020
My sex drive was so low from 8-11weeks I was never wet my husband was always complaining
sugah:

So let's make Kpekus our antenatal topic for today grin grin grin

It's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy unless your doctor or midwife has told you not to.

Having sex will not hurt your baby. Your partner's penis can't penetrate beyond your vagina, and the baby cannot tell what's going on.

However, it's normal for your sex drive to change during pregnancy. This isn't something to worry about, but it's helpful to talk about it with your partner.

Some couples find having sex very enjoyable during pregnancy, while others simply feel they don't want to. You can find other ways of being loving or making love. The most important thing is to talk about your feelings with each other.

If your pregnancy is normal and you have no complications, having sex and orgasms won't increase your risk of going into labour early or cause a miscarriage.

Later in pregnancy, an orgasm or even sex itself can set off mild contractions. If this happens, you'll feel the muscles of your womb go hard. These are known as Braxton Hicks contractions and can be uncomfortable, but they're perfectly normal and there's no need for alarm. You might want to try some relaxation techniques or just lie down until the contractions pass.

When to avoid sex in pregnancy
Your midwife or doctor will probably advise you to avoid sex if you've had any heavy bleeding in this pregnancy. Sex may increase the risk of further bleeding if the placenta is low or there's a collection of blood (haematoma).

You'll also be advised to avoid sex if:

->your waters have broken – it can increase the risk of infection (ask your midwife or doctor if you're not sure whether your waters have broken)
->there are any problems with the entrance to your womb (cervix) – you may be at a higher risk of going into early labour or having a miscarriage
->you're having twins, or have previously had early labours, and are in the later stages of pregnancy

If you or your partner are having sex with other people during your pregnancy, it's important you use a barrier form of contraception, such as a condom, to protect you and your baby from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). ***side eyes***

Good and bad sex positions during pregnancy

While sex is safe for most couples in pregnancy, it may not be all that easy. You will probably need to find different positions. This can be a time to explore and experiment together.

Sex with your partner on top can become uncomfortable quite early in pregnancy, not just because of the bump, but because your breasts might be tender. It can also be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates you too deeply.

It may be better to lie on your sides, either facing each other or with your partner behind.

Spooning is my goto position but my libido has been up and down like a wave....but my DH doesn't bother.

I've read about husbands getting angry that their wife's are scared they'd hurt the baby or aren't in the mood for sex so much so they now resort to getting pleasure outside and putting their wife and unborn baby at risk.

So let's share our thoughts and suggestions...for those with low libido and doctor instructed pelvic rest, how are your DH's handling the situation and what alternative measures are we resorting to?
I'd also want to hear from our Daddy's in the house.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Mumy halo my birthday mate baby �once you put to bed let me know I’ll send her a gift
Temitope009:
September roll call. Kindly reply teamies.

*TEAM FEB 2021 GOD'S WILLING*

MONIKER. EDD

1. MummyHalo. _____ Feb 26
2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
4. temitope009. _____ Feb 28
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
6. olufummy02 ______ Feb 09
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
8. Adezeal1. _____ Feb 07
9. Brownishshuga. _____ Feb 08
10. Phunmilola _____ Feb 01
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20

It's been long in here. I jumped, sorry if I missed your mentions or anything.

How are we all fairing? I'm sure morning sickness has given most of us space now.
What are we up to? Going to work? Baby shopping? Has anyone started antenatal yet?
What days do you go? Anyone in Abuja here? Let's connect.

I intend using national hospital as it was where I used for my first. I'm yet to register. My friend that registered fee weeks ago suffered because of the present corona, they had limited no of slots weekly, she went for like 4 weeks before she could be registered successfully. I'm still just looking jeje

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2020
oke22:
My sex drive was so low from 8-11weeks I was never wet my husband was always complaining
At 8-11 weeks some mamas were seriously dealing with morning sickness, sex wasn't even on the table. In the first trimester the hormonal changes (wetness etc) and MS disrupts the sex lives of most couples tbh...but since you were in the mood for sex, using lubricants (KY jelly etc) should have sorted out the wetness issue.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
Yeah I had to make do with that
sugah:

At 8-11 weeks some mamas were seriously dealing with morning sickness, sex wasn't even on the table. In the first trimester the hormonal changes (wetness etc) and MS disrupts the sex lives of most couples tbh...but since you were in the mood for sex, using lubricants (KY jelly etc) should have sorted out the wetness issue.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 1:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
March teamies where are we�

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olufummy02(f): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
Temitope009:

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20

How are we all fairing? I'm sure morning sickness has given most of us space now.
What are we up to? Going to work? Baby shopping? Has anyone started antenatal yet?

I intend using national hospital as it was where I used for my first. I'm yet to register. My friend that registered fee weeks ago suffered because of the present corona, they had limited no of slots weekly, she went for like 4 weeks before she could be registered successfully. I'm still just looking jeje
Cappo... Body dey kampe o, no more morning sickness and I've not even started antenatal. Planning to start by the end of the month, God's willing..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chynwagod(f): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hello beautiful mothers, immediately after delivery it's expected that your baby use Emxidine gel for his umbilical cord as it protects him from Sepsis.

Emxdine gel is a special brand of chlorhexidine gel manufactured by Emzor pharmaceutical company.

According to WHO, this is the best care for the umbilical cord until it totally heals up.

No need of using the traditional method as it can introduce infection to the baby system.

Go for Emxidine Gel and have a happy baby for life.

Contact me 08114047449 if you are within Lagos mainland and distributors are also needed. we can deliver to you.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 2:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Temitope009:

MONIKER. EDD

2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20

I am fine just that body pain and head ache is showing me something daily. I haven't started shopping or antenatal yet, hoping to start soon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2020
Sex during pregnancy is always the best for me. No worries of getting pregnant or menstruation palavar just to dey flex oneself as much as my strength can carry me. It helps me to relax afterwards and have good sleep.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
Pearl05:
Sex during pregnancy is always the best for me. No worries of getting pregnant or menstruation palavar just to dey flex oneself as much as my strength can carry me. It helps me to relax afterwards and have good sleep.

i'm on this table grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by swtzeebae(f): 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
Good afternoon to all blessed mamas and mamas to be.

Why stress ur self or loved ones to help wash blood stain panties?

Why struggle with ur old bra while breastfeeding?

Why not look sexy and comfy during lochia period?

Make postpatum fun and convinient for yourself with just #7000.

Place your orders today and you will be glad you did!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyD2020(f): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2020
ToyosiR:

It is a kind of dance you engage with Hubby where no one sees you. that dance that makes you go to cloud 9 and come back.

Abeg, I be innocenty oooo.

Cloud kini? With this load and discomfort I dont get to cloud three sef. When I'm kpekusing I will be like "abeg do and leave me jare" movement is limited because of cramps everywhere! I thank God for our lives but I am tired jare. May we all get to the final stage in peace and good health. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2020
Pearl05:

The calm that comes after an orgasm is bliss wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xclusivegist: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2020
STDs can have severe medical consequences, including death.

Untreated gonorrhea and chlamydia can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, or PID, in women, which can lead to infertility or chronic pain. PID can also cause ectopic pregnancy with subsequent maternal death.

Some STDs, such as herpes and syphilis, may affect pregnancy outcome, causing spontaneous abortion, premature birth and stillbirth. Gonorrhea and chlamydia can also affect the babies born to infected women, causing eye infections and blindness. Syphilis, HIV and herpes can be transmitted to newborns, potentially causing chronic disease and death. In addition, herpes can lead to mental retardation in babies.

Some STDs, if untreated in men, can lead to infertility or a narrowing of the urethra.

And, of course, HIV/AIDS is fatal.

With the use of herbal remedies like Freshdew, Gonan and Nature H2. You can cure STI and STD permanently.

Call 08029427185 , 07013203288 or
visit our office at
suite 41, Asucon plaza, 515 Ikorodu road Ketu.
For delivery to your home or office call 08029427185, 07013203288.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2020
sugah:

The calm that comes after an orgasm is bliss wink wink
Don't know what sex is like anymore sef cry
Orgasm with bump? How?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SugaryBelle(f): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
sugah:

So let's make Kpekus our antenatal topic for today
This kpekus matter no easy at all o, the first time I experienced Braxton Hicks immediately after sex it was scary, my stomach was so hard we could see the outline of the baby, DH was quite scared I 'think it has put him off kpekusing o cos now I'm almost begging
Mamas is it normal for me to be having such high libido at 37 weeks, I just want to do everyday embarassed, DH is not finding it funny

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
threegees:

Orgasm with bump? How?
Lol...its just because your libido has gone on holiday....
Pregnancy libido (for those with pregnancy induced horniness) and orgasm is magical

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2020
SugaryBelle:

This kpekus matter no easy at all o, the first time I experienced Braxton Hicks immediately after sex it was scary, my stomach was so hard we could see the outline of the baby, DH was quite scared I 'think it has put him off kpekusing o cos now I'm almost begging
Mamas is it normal for me to be having such high libido at 37 weeks, I just want to do everyday embarassed, DH is not finding it funny
Lol. The Braxton hicks is normal....I had to even hide mine from DH if not he would have totally cancelled my ministry..
The high libido is usually second trimester package but mehn enjoy yours o...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haryanphe(f): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2020
oke22:
March teamies where are we�
I think there are quite a number of March preggies peeping. I am one actually, we are waiting for a shepherd. Will you please be our cappo?

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2020
I nominate you �I have 3 different due dates for March. �
Haryanphe:

I think there are quite a number of March preggies peeping. I am one actually, we are waiting for a shepherd. Will you please be our cappo?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haryanphe(f): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
oke22:
I nominate you �I have 3 different due dates for March. �
My EDD falls around March and April, I want a March baby that's why I want to join March. Pls don't say no.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Pearl05:

onye nkem eji ya. D sleep after a better kpekus dey heavenly. My dh no dey allow me rest once am pregnant because if i put to bed i dey lock my kpekus house oo till after 3 or 4 months.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2020
threegees:

Orgasm with bump? How?
Just make up ur mind to enjoy it. With communication ur dh will help u achieve that. Try different sex positions that are comfy for u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
sugah:

So let's make Kpekus our antenatal topic for today grin grin grin

It's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy unless your doctor or midwife has told you not to.

Having sex will not hurt your baby. Your partner's penis can't penetrate beyond your vagina, and the baby cannot tell what's going on.

However, it's normal for your sex drive to change during pregnancy. This isn't something to worry about, but it's helpful to talk about it with your partner.

Some couples find having sex very enjoyable during pregnancy, while others simply feel they don't want to. You can find other ways of being loving or making love. The most important thing is to talk about your feelings with each other.

If your pregnancy is normal and you have no complications, having sex and orgasms won't increase your risk of going into labour early or cause a miscarriage.

Later in pregnancy, an orgasm or even sex itself can set off mild contractions. If this happens, you'll feel the muscles of your womb go hard. These are known as Braxton Hicks contractions and can be uncomfortable, but they're perfectly normal and there's no need for alarm. You might want to try some relaxation techniques or just lie down until the contractions pass.

When to avoid sex in pregnancy
Your midwife or doctor will probably advise you to avoid sex if you've had any heavy bleeding in this pregnancy. Sex may increase the risk of further bleeding if the placenta is low or there's a collection of blood (haematoma).

You'll also be advised to avoid sex if:

->your waters have broken – it can increase the risk of infection (ask your midwife or doctor if you're not sure whether your waters have broken)
->there are any problems with the entrance to your womb (cervix) – you may be at a higher risk of going into early labour or having a miscarriage
->you're having twins, or have previously had early labours, and are in the later stages of pregnancy

If you or your partner are having sex with other people during your pregnancy, it's important you use a barrier form of contraception, such as a condom, to protect you and your baby from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). ***side eyes***

Good and bad sex positions during pregnancy

While sex is safe for most couples in pregnancy, it may not be all that easy. You will probably need to find different positions. This can be a time to explore and experiment together.

Sex with your partner on top can become uncomfortable quite early in pregnancy, not just because of the bump, but because your breasts might be tender. It can also be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates you too deeply.

It may be better to lie on your sides, either facing each other or with your partner behind.

Spooning is my goto position but my libido has been up and down like a wave....but my DH doesn't bother.

I've read about husbands getting angry that their wife's are scared they'd hurt the baby or aren't in the mood for sex so much so they now resort to getting pleasure outside and putting their wife and unborn baby at risk.

So let's share our thoughts and suggestions...for those with low libido and doctor instructed pelvic rest, how are your DH's handling the situation and what alternative measures are we resorting to?
I'd also want to hear from our Daddy's in the house.
Mama u did better justice to d topic... Our first time mums will learn a lot from it. Thanks for ur activeness

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
sunbestie:
onye nkem eji ya. D sleep after a better kpekus dey heavenly. My dh no dey allow me rest once am pregnant because if i put to bed i dey lock my kpekus house oo till after 3 or 4 months.

Onye uwa
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2020
SugaryBelle:

My dear fire dey go. Soon baby will land and everything will pack up. Just collect all you can to last you for 2 months

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Come on let’s go even though I want a February baby�
Haryanphe:

My EDD falls around March and April, I want a March baby that's why I want to join March. Pls don't say no.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haryanphe(f): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2020
oke22:
Come on let’s go even though I want a February baby�

Thank you for accepting to lead us. March mamas, come out and register oooooo
@ Tinudesi, Beegail1 and Pateffy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babygal2020(f): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
@Anna20 , I have been trying to transfer some money to you but it's not going through. Your line isn't connecting too. Kindly exercise patience till tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
Babygal2020:
@Anna20 , I have been trying to transfer some money to you but it's not going through. Your line isn't connecting too. Kindly exercise patience till tomorrow.

Alright ma
Thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
threegees:
Saw this and thought to share

�SIGNS TO KNOW YOU ARE IN TRUE LABOUR AND HOW TO STAY COMFORTABLE IN LABOUR!

These signs will help you to identify the onset of true labour.

✅When your baby drops, you'll experience a heavy feeling in your pelvis with pressure on your bladder, and you may feel the need to urinate more frequently.
✅A blood-tinged mucous discharge called show
✅A sudden spurt of energy.
✅If your waters break.
✅Regular contractions that you cannot talk through it.

�Please, do the following:

�Apply your sanitary pad in case your water breaks or you see show then start heading to the hospital immediately.

�As you head out, don't forget this necessary items to take along in your small bag:

✔Hospital card
✔Nightingale
✔Lady Sept sanitary pad.

♻️As you get to the hospital and you are checked and confirm you to be in labour, you can now send for your luggage to be brought for you.
♻️You are going to be in labour for 16-18 hours as a first time mother(FTM).
♻️You are going to be in labour for 6-8 hours for subsequent pregnancies.
♻️You are going to be examined vaginally every 4 hours(please, take note).
♻️As you are in early phase of labour, please drink liquids to rehydrate you.
♻️Always empty your bladder often so your baby's head can descend more.
♻️Your cervix will dilate from 0-10 cm before your pumpkin is finally born.
♻️It is only two fingers (index and middle fingers) that is used to check for cervical dilation.
♻️Move around in the early phase (2cm-4cm)
♻️From 4cm cervical dilation, you have entered active phase when the process changes rythym.
♻️Don't shout but take a deep breath (inhale and exhale) once the contractions start.
♻️Obey instructions of your midwife or doctor to push or not to push.
♻️If you start pushing early, you could tear your cervix leading to excessive bleeding.
♻️Once you are asked to push, raise your head, bring both your head and your chin to your chest.
♻️Hold your two ankles firmly and *PUSH* as if you want to have the biggest BM (bowel movement) of your life.
♻️If contractions stops, you stop pushing and relax.
♻️Once your baby heads crown and pop out, the intensity of the pain is reduced because your baby is the passenger.
♻️Once your baby is born successfully, within 2-5minutes, your placenta is delivered.
♻️Please, put your baby to breast as soon as your baby is born.
♻️Above all, PRAY, tell God how you want it

#COPIED

Thanks for this ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pateffy: 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
Haryanphe:

Thank you for accepting to lead us. March mamas, come out and register oooooo
@ Tinudesi, Beegail1 and Pateffy.

present ma : edd march 28

(1) (2) (3) ... (5839) (5840) (5841) (5842) (5843) (5844) (5845) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.